Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (508284 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2013
GboyegaD:

Fhemmy, what reasons do you think a family friend can put to show he is willing to spend so much amount on one? I think these guys are still too laid back in their thoughts because an average person who knows about the Nigerian culture knows we have too many uncles and aunts that are not in any way related to us. I remember whenever I applied for my US visa, all I told the VO was that my aunt is sponsoring and I gave him her account statement lo ba tan. I just find it annoying when people get scared because their sponsor isn't bearing same last name with them or they cannot show any deep relationship with the person. The worst is that people suggest the use of pictures. Can't I use someone else's picture with mine and claim that is the uncle or aunt?
Fhemmy, as a Veteran on this thread, I would suggest you help address the issue to allay the fears of those whose sponsors are not their parents. In my opinion, I would advice such person to state in the sponsorship letter that the person is a distant uncle/aunt depending on the gender or you could say he/she is a 2nd cousin to your dad/mum who was responsible for his education and the only way he felt he could compensate them is to sponsor you since he saw that you are a promising child.

I will be back later today to talk about this to the best of MY ability, but remember i am not the Visa officer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:37pm On Mar 15, 2013
justwise: That is under consideration.

for how long?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I will be back later today to talk about this to the best of MY ability, but remember i am not the Visa officer.

Thanks for your time. I know you are not a VO however, you can at least help build their confidence by your words of encouragement.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by onuawuchi: 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
I have just been admitted into a graduate program at Concordia. I will be paying for my confirmation fee and applying for CAQ , cos the school is in Quebec. The challenges I may be having with my visa application is the close to two years gap I've had without a job, having been relived of the previous one for reasons of negligence, absolutely not my fault (long story) . The only document I'm planning to attach to my visa application in respect of work experience is only my appointment letter. I want to know if this and the two years gap I've had will be a problem for me with visa application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ken1982: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
@fhemmy and @efosa thanks guys really this thread is cool. well what can i do for my wife.she is a nurse and i want a travel plan for her that can work. what pattern of travel plan should i use
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2013
please what documents do I need to get police clearance from police headquarter alagbon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
@VIC...passport data page, a passport photograph and money
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by movein: 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
Please is it mandatory for me to include my CV to my Doc when applying for visa? Though I don't have any work experience yet. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
[b]TEAM FALL 2013
1) owenklay : PG
2) galala123: PG
3) Goldie20: UG
4) ronakoks : PG
5) earthgreeners: PG (MB/SK/MUN)
6) kanayogod:UG (Lehtbridge)
7) freshdude: PG
8.) adim02: PG (Niagara) ******
9) jman77: UG (MUN)
10) dommakavelli: PG
11) bukahands: PG (MUN)
12) just_thinking: UG
13) mekusino: PG
14) blink6: UG
15) alezdegr8: PG
16) ezme: PG
17) efosa12345
18) *newacca: PG
19) Imadebaby: PG
20) rockar: PG (Niagara)
21) elkharpone: UG
22) emmatony: PG
23) vooz: PG (Saskatchewan)
24) accra2005: PG
25) seir405: PG (MUN, Sask.)
26) Emblem: PG (Lethbridge)
27) Burningflamz: PG
28) efewhao: UG (Windsor)
29) aduke02: PG
30) jennyfar: PG (Victoria, Ottawa)
31) mozo: PG(Royal road, Victoria)
32) xtus: PG(Georgian)
33) gbesunboke: PG (Fanshawe)
34) teexzle: PG (MUN)
35) twizer: PG (Saskatchewan)
36) bullstriker: PG
37) luckyDon: PG
38) jimmyjerry07: PG (Manitoba)
40) 2-Chainz: PG (Seneca College)
41) jenkord: PG (U of Western Ontario)
42) deebla: PG (Concordia Uni College)
43) Mayo47: PG (MUN)
44) etinisajay: PG (Saskatchewan)
45) Ziashi: PG (UWO , Vancouver Island)
46) Olawunmi Samuel: PG (MUN)
47) Blaw1:PG (Dalhousie)
48) nne: PG (Saskatchewan)
[/b]

NB: Those whose names are yet to be added should indicate their proposed program, level, University / college.

Last Update: 14/03/2013 08:10pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
movein: Please is it mandatory for me to include my CV to my Doc when applying for visa? Though I don't have any work experience yet. Thanks!

Not mandatory. but add value... help summarize your background.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2013
VCTROKOYE: please what documents do I need to get police clearance from police headquarter alagbon

Passport data page, a passport photograph and cash (3k-5k)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2013
earthgreeners: [b]TEAM FALL 2013
10) dommakavelli: PG
17) efosa12345
49) GboyegaD PG (U of Calgary)
[/b]

NB: Those whose names are yet to be added should indicate their proposed program, level, University / college.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
earthgreeners: [b]TEAM FALL 2013
10) dommakavelli: PG (MUN)
17) efosa12345
[/b]

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by nobleman01: 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2013
hello, please, i need your help. i learnt that you have to write an english proficiency exam(toefl etc) before applying for canadian visa. Nigeria was exempted by the school that gave me admission so i dint bother writing it only to hear i need to submit the exam result with my documents a day to submission. i however submitted the application but have been disturbed since then and wondering if i should still go for the exam.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
nobleman01: hello, please, i need your help. i learnt that you have to write an english proficiency exam(toefl etc) before applying for canadian visa. Nigeria was exempted by the school that gave me admission so i dint bother writing it only to hear i need to submit the exam result with my documents a day to submission. i however submitted the application but have been disturbed since then and wondering if i should still go for the exam.
...Bro...no mind them...whoever told u TOEFL is needed must have smoked the wrong grass....no mind them o jare....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
Siga: ...Bro...no mind them...whoever told u TOEFL is needed must have smoked the wrong grass....no mind them o jare....

LOLz....*smoked d wrong grass* you're a comedian bro....can't stop laughing

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 11:24pm On Mar 15, 2013
Siga: ...Bro...no mind them...whoever told u TOEFL is needed must have smoked the wrong grass....no mind them o jare....

cool grin cheesy lmfaooo..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 11:29pm On Mar 15, 2013
wrong grass indeed,siga make you no kill person with laugh o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 1:37am On Mar 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

Fhemmy, what reasons do you think a family friend can put to show he is willing to spend so much amount on one? I think these guys are still too laid back in their thoughts because an average person who knows about the Nigerian culture knows we have too many uncles and aunts that are not in any way related to us. I remember whenever I applied for my US visa, all I told the VO was that my aunt is sponsoring and I gave him her account statement lo ba tan. I just find it annoying when people get scared because their sponsor isn't bearing same last name with them or they cannot show any deep relationship with the person. The worst is that people suggest the use of pictures. Can't I use someone else's picture with mine and claim that is the uncle or aunt?
Fhemmy, as a Veteran on this thread, I would suggest you help address the issue to allay the fears of those whose sponsors are not their parents. In my opinion, I would advice such person to state in the sponsorship letter that the person is a distant uncle/aunt depending on the gender or you could say he/she is a 2nd cousin to your dad/mum who was responsible for his education and the only way he felt he could compensate them is to sponsor you since he saw that you are a promising child.

While we await Fhemmmy's input, here is my opinion.

It is better to put ourselves in their position than expecting it the other way. From their perspective, it might be tricky to accept that a relative is sponsoring you abroad for educational purposes. The question we might need to answer is "where has he/she been all your life/What does he/she stands to benefit from your endeavor/What are his/her financial capabilities/Does any history support his/her present decision" and I believe these questions should not simply be answered by writing a super story. A documentary evidence substantiating your story (history/case) will go a long way. You do not want to rule it out that there are data or policy supporting their action for this category of applicant hence, the onus is every applicant to prove to a reasonable extent that the promises are not BOGUS.

Disclaimer: This is simply an opinion. Also, exception exists for every rule.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by MissAhoy: 3:48am On Mar 16, 2013
[quote author=waliezi] Gudluck bro. Wishin u d best, jus pray 4me 2com join u soon. Wht part ar u?[/quote

Am a Miss o, am in Calgary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ideolah: 6:20am On Mar 16, 2013
Pls am new on this forum n i must commend yu guys good job,pls i submitted my application on the 4th feb.Hu,mber college is d school i applied for for my PGD,can someone tell me wen i should be expecting any news.schoool resumes may.Thanks Fam...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 2chains1(m): 9:58am On Mar 16, 2013
@ideolah, I submitted my application for a January resumption for 2013 on the 22nd of July 2012 and I didn't get a reply until November hence I had to push my admission to September 2013. So lets say 4months. (Was seneca college sha PGd). Ehen so anyway guys dis seneca people are yet to give me an acceptance letter but my portal keeps saying I have been accepted.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:55am On Mar 16, 2013
2-chains:
@ideolah, I submitted my application for a January resumption for 2013 on the 22nd of July 2012 and I didn't get a reply until November hence I had to push my admission to September 2013. So lets say 4months. (Was seneca college sha PGd). Ehen so anyway guys dis seneca people are yet to give me an acceptance letter but my portal keeps saying I have been accepted.

Did u receive an email notification to that effect? Have u called d sch?
If no, call d sch n complain...maybe ur email ID is incorrect.
Datsall
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olawunmisamuel1: 11:18am On Mar 16, 2013
All this talk about sponsor must be your parents. So nobody in this forum has gotten a canadian visa using his uncle or aunt as a sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 2chains1(m): 12:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
@dommakaveli, I haven't received an email notification and I have tried calling severally but they just leave me hanging on hold. I wonder the problem with this seneca people.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 1:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
@fhemmmy

Hope you are having a nice day. We are still xpecting to hear your perspective of the extended family sponsorship (uncle or aunty in particular).

Anyone applied to Simon Fraser at all?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: All this talk about sponsor must be your parents. So nobody in this forum has gotten a canadian visa using his uncle or aunt as a sponsor?

@olawumni_samuel

Persons have gotten d trv in the past, being sponsored by an extended family relative. Currently, can't say I know though. It just seems the VO's (oga at the top) tend to see malice in such move, dunno why. But God pass them, best bet is to package your application, and try to extensively prove relationship with that uncle, not with one, but in many ways, of course with documents to tell the story.
@kaycee43 gave me this idea. Meanwhile we await oga the top (Fhemmmy) to come give us his perspective on the matter, because if I say one thing now, my oga at the top might say another thing. That's all

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 2:01pm On Mar 16, 2013

Bitter leaf grass
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olawunmisamuel1: 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
Nice one etinosajay. the person is just a guardian and not really an uncle. When I apply, I'm thinking of saying he's my uncle. Skeptical about this whole thing, wanna enough facts and know how to arrange myself b4 my application starts.
Etinosajay:

@olawumni_samuel

Persons have gotten d trv in the past, being sponsored by an extended family relative. Currently, can't say I know though. It just seems the VO's (oga at the top) tend to see malice in such move, dunno why. But God pass them, best bet is to package your application, and try to extensively prove relationship with that uncle, not with one, but in many ways, of course with documents to tell the story.
@kaycee43 gave me this idea. Meanwhile we await oga the top (Fhemmmy) to come give us his perspective on the matter, because if I say one thing now, my oga at the top might say another thing. That's all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Etinosajay(m): 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: Nice one etinosajay. the person is just a guardian and not really an uncle. When I apply, I'm thinking of saying he's my uncle. Skeptical about this whole thing, wanna enough facts and know how to arrange myself b4 my application starts.

@olawunmi_samuel

Do me a PM and we can discuss this personally. I got same issues. Fact is you gotta tell more stories, and show em with factual documents. God is the only Oga at the top
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by waliezi(m): 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
kenniy:
ds gave a small laff to me face..her handle cleary says Miss and u calld bro.. abeg no take am wrong oo, i no mean to diss or any, plus i so no sabi fight or any..just pointin out something funny..lol
. Guy ar u a leaner? Hw u xpect me 2go join sis. u want mak she carry belle? Dat's y i addresed as bro. Bsid wetha bro or sis, u undestand wht d contex is. So watin b ur beef?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by waliezi(m): 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
[quote author=MissAhoy][/quote]. Ok miss. hw is d enviro? I got an offer wit lambton college ontario bt i'm xpected 2pay in som cool cash 2secure my sit b4 applyin 4 visa. Do u hav such expierence? Is't wise? I used an agent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.