Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid - Jokes Etc (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid (24812 Views)

14 Photos You Will Definitely Relate To If You Played Football As A Kid / Ladies: When You Have A Kid As A Boyfriend (pix) / A Kid Was Crying Outside His House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by laykhorn(m): 4:47pm On Jun 16, 2012
Master_1: My mum scared me with an imaginary monster which forces me to behave.. Was troublesome back then.. I still have scares from back then wc I can't expain.
Me too... She would even scare me with my shadow.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Lovexme(m): 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
..That if you kill a firefly, you'll bed-wet dat night as you sleep.

..That if you get a sour throat, you should go to any fence/wall with a crack and scream and the sour would clear off eventually.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by stupor(m): 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
My elder brother once told me to lend him 1naira that next week the Federal govt had promised everyone 1million naira and I asked my mum and she said they announced on the TV that I she heard it too so that I could lend my elder brother the 1naira,which I did.

Till today,I always ask him when his so called Federal Government money would be paid .

NERDS !!!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by nikkyshyne(f): 5:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
1. Yes, tot drinking coconut water makes one dull
2. If you cut a gecko's tail, poverty would strike you when you are older. Still believe that.
3. The moon/sun follows me to school and church.
4. When you sing to a certain bird as they fly by, they give you white spots on the finger nails.
5. Removing an eye lash and stepping on it makes your parent forget the bad deed you did in which they were gonna punish you for.
6. When your biscuit falls to the ground, never pick it up to eat cox satan has licked it.
7. God and his Angels lives in the sky.
8. If you eat Garri with cherry Mango, u'l die.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by kcreal(f): 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2012
They told us when you break a palm kernel on the ground the person's parents will die.
When you sit on a burning firewood boil will develop on your buttocks.
When you pound something at night, spirits will come.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Rockstate: 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
Those time i use to fear one baba dem use to calle Ejuju kalaba kai any of those time i dey panic o some time self if i play super mario my fada use to tell me tirogo will beat me at night
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2012
When i was a kid,i hated eating garri.so wheneva we'l have garri 4 lunch,i'l go to d restroom nd seat on my poo pretending to be defeacating.i would be making sounds like 'mmrrgh' to remove any suspicion and by d tym i was thru,my mum wud be busy with somthin else
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Mcdondayan: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
Slicqy prizzy: surprisingly or not i had da same experience as u. abeg wher do u cam 4rm
lol i am a proud igbo boy 4rm Abia state. I thin that will do
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Confusion: 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
i went to a catholic mission school, where boys and girls dont mix both for pry and secondary section. only on special days when we all come to the catholic church for a combine mass.
On one particular ash-wednesday as we were gathering, we heard one of the secondary school teacher shouting at a boy, she said " Michael dont touch that girl, do you want to get her pregnant". we in pry section took it hook and sinker.
as naughty as i was, i started touching all the girls in primary section that i hated and told them that they are pregnant.
that ash-wednesday turned to cry-wednesday, all the girls were crying, the father(priest) couldnt understand what was going on. that ash-wednesdsy was postponed because of me. i will never forget the flogging i got for it.
till tomorrw when i see some of this girls(some are married) i still tease them.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by kilimanjaro(m): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2012
I used to think human beings enter television through the back cover at nights

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by laykhorn(m): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2012
Diligence: This thread shows how uniquely connected we all are and that even as kids then, and even the present kids now, there are such beliefs we held and they too, hold, that they don't want to share wt us; they just believe them and they don't even give a hoot to ask the adults!! Askg the adults is like 'tampering' with their 'rights of freedom of belief' by the way every kid is entitled to!!
One more thing is; most of this things were used to scare us and make us behave

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
kilimanjaro: I used to think human beings enter television through the back cover at nights

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley

sMILING
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Mbechun007: 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
loooool. grin, really hilarious comments.

My sister told me earthquakes were caused by dinosaurs living under the ground. She said they didn't move at all but whenever they did, it caused the earth to crack and houses to topple. I believed her until I found out the animal had been extinct before she was born sef...

My mum made me look at the moon closely and asked if I could see something that looked like a man with his hand up. I said yes, she said it was a guy that broke firewood on Sunday and God froze him in the moon for working on the Sabbath. I can't remember missing church after that story. smiley
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by greaterlove(m): 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2012
1. whistling at night will attract a masquerade
2.Sleeping in a room with cobwebs will give u nightmares
3. That Jesus of nazareth movie was not acted but the tape fell from heaven
4.That reading the last chapter (or is it second to the last,the one about revelation) of my book of bible stories will make u mad.
5.That touching a girl will make her pregnant.
6.That my father is the strongest man even stronger than hulk hogan and commando ( them no reach)
7.That a driver that kills a duck and does not drop a coin attracts serious bad luck
8.That if u go to hell u will be given razor blade to cut down a very big tree
9.That babies come out from the anus
10.That eating the head of a chicken with the brain will make u more intelligent
11.That dragon flies are the helicopters of demons
Etc
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by oladayo042: 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
If you go out at night, a monster will take you away. grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by oladayo042: 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2012
We are told that if you drink the water inside a coconut, you will become very intelligent.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by chinedumo(m): 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2012
sigba: .If everywhere suddenly becomes silent, an angel is passing.
.Money grows on trees.
[size=15pt].When i and my cousins go out to play witout my parents permission, while coming back, we'll cut a grass and speak to it, telling it that we are lockin my parents mind from flogging us, then we'll tie the grass into a knot and throw it away.(It always worked. Lol)[/size]
.If i swallow an orange seed, it'll grow on my head over night.
.Willi-willi lived at my uncles backyard(we never stepped our foot there)
.There re people living inside our radio and tv set.
.Whenever an Egret is flying by, esp in the evenings, we'll sing "chekeleke yem mbo ocha bia were oji" meaning "chekeleke give me white finger and take my black finger" it worked, we notice white marks on our fingers after the bird passes.
[size=15pt]
some serious witchcraft [/size]
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
I used to believe tooth fairies really existed somewhere in the sky.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nasri100(m): 6:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
Nasri100: when i was a kid i use to think ARsenal wont get trophyless for this long.Jeez #justsaying
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nasri100(m): 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jaykizz:
THUNDA GO FIRE UR YANSH!!! STUPID BOI!!!

Retard!! I support Arsenal fooool
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by sweeti14(f): 6:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
If your food falls on the floor the devil has touched it...but now for where?? deti nor dey kill african man tongue
One of my friends in primary school told me that when the sun is shinning and it's raining at the same time a lion is giving birth some where and i really believed it smh
If you spit on the floor and someone else steps on it you will die of stomach ache. omo see fearing. . . . i never spat on the floor embarassed
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by dandadee: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
used to think that if u poured spirit on a drawing it will come to life..
used to wonder why women with big arses didnt just shit out all the faeces in their behind
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
olowo200: If u ask the adult then where do baby come from not to corrupt our little mind they told us from the stomach it then passed through the navel, no mention of the major female organ.
my mum told me then that babies fall from heaven tru God,that they av a place where they went to collect the baby from an angel.lolz
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by damilarelr(m): 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
That if you urinate in the river it will rain on the day you're celebrating anything.
That if you whistle in the night snakes will pursue you; that Mary was holding baby Jesus in the moon a night; that if you stretch your hand for raindrops and thunder strikes, you will go lame immediately; that they're playing football at the television station showing it; that I will never finish from primary school since I've learnt numbers from 1 to 100; that when you commit an offence at home you're threatened with your uncle or aunty in school..and many more.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by tonididdy(m): 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
when i was a kid i was told if u killed a ''fire fly'',you would bedwet that night lol...when i was a kid i used to save so much money
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nosyke(m): 8:06pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jaykizz: Lol...al of u wont mak me stp dis laf...
I usd to wonda au ma mom n dad slept wit each oda. So 1day wen i peepd tru ma mom's keyhole, i saw ma dad lyin untop of her n foldin her in his n i tut i was gona av an aburo. We wer also tld neva to tro away out teeths dat removd n to also tro our nails in d toilet.
Sn many i cant rememba nau bt ma dad tld me dat der was sum1 talkin inside dat 'big kenwood' speaker. Also, we shld just stay on a spot wen dy take off d light in d nyt til a source of power is on unless ayanmatanga wil chase us (silly me usd to tink i was hearin sounds den 2). Stil many of dm...
Na wa º°˚ , you na very sharp badt guy. Buh seriously, did you really peep @ your parents playing adult's game?
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Clemzy16(m): 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
When i was a kid i was told if you drink the water inside coconut, you will become dull. I also belived when you pick money from the ground, you change into yam. I once belived indian beat nigeria 99-1 because the ball change into lion. Vry funny tale. Lastly i also thought you get airtime in your phone when you are charging it.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by adaybayor(m): 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
Mehn, I had α̲̅ dream that I was given α̲̅ naira coin and wanted to buy groundnut but the coin would disappear when I opened my eyes and come back when my eyes are closed so I decided to go out to buy it without opening my eyes but reality came to me when I hit my head on the gate...damn!!! I cry sotey
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by StateOfMind: 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
I remember we used to compare birth marks then..we called it ami Olorun (God's mark) and anyone with the most number of these marks on his or her body is God's favourite.

I used to think locust beans was goat poo that has been washed well, so I removed it from soup anytime I came across it.

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Emyogalanya: 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2012
Hmmm wen i was a kid and read the Bible that some people sleep wt thier mother in one of st paul's letter to corinthians i saw that as sin from that day i jumped down from sleeping "BESIDES" my mum on her bed tot i was sinning o ha ha ha
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by 2great: 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2012
I felt d bush/plant moves wen I look out of travelling vehicle. U hav a nitemare drinkn coconut water. Urinate inside burning firewood to stop bedwetin. Believd one dies callin d name of God wen one actualy lies.U have sorethroat if somone steps on ur spits. Was always wondering who God reports to.Bad tin hapens wen u add salt to burning fire. .
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by begwong: 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
as a kid back then,i use to belief that sunday church offerings and zakkat(tithes) are buried in the grave for God to accept after church service!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Romade! Na Wetin U Put Der Wey U De Find / Why Should Mummy Eat Junior Instead Of Garri? / Tytylayor, Lysaaa, Teissys, Wed Phemour: Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.