Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,404 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:57 PM

Can Nigeria Ever Improve? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigeria Ever Improve? (1577 Views)

Revealed! The Best President Nigeria Ever Had..see Photo Statistics / Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power / Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigeria Ever Improve? by segun06: 4:49am On Apr 03, 2006
With everything going on in Nigeria right now, do you think we will ever live to see a better Nigeria? If yes, what do you think should be done? And whose responsibility is it to do it?
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Improve? by otokx(m): 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2006
it will improve, of this i am certain and that within the next 2 years.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Improve? by Mariory(m): 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2006
Yes I do. If you look past the politics (whichever party you support) you will see that there are things to look foward to. Of course there is still a lot of work to do especially as regards to corruption.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Improve? by toshmann(m): 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2006
nigeria will definitely improve. but what i don't know is if it will be in our lifetime. for now what we have is one step forward,seven steps backward. but if we continue with democracy(anyhow e be)it will improve over the decades.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Improve? by 1forall: 11:34pm On Feb 09, 2007
Honestly I dont see such in the near future, but as a patriot, I sincerely hope so!
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Improve? by LePhilippe(m): 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2007
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Give us a few years and a good and
uncorrupt president!!!!
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Improve? by 1star4ever(m): 2:21am On Feb 16, 2007
cool
Yes. The year you will have a White man as their Vice president or President. Think about it, this leaders are all Nigerians. There is a lot of groupthink going on. I guess when the White man ruled that nation, things weren't as bad as it is now other than the slavery that was going on. Shouldn't the N. government be open to W. people to run for president? If no, why not? Are going to discriminate because they don't look like you?

If you disagree, go figure.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Improve? by Mazi(m): 11:27am On Feb 18, 2007
@segun06,

Improve in what?

There are many ways we have improved in.

In terms of economical strength, Nigeria is projected by Goldman Sachs to be amongst the largest 20 economies by 2020.

This of course based on the recent political will and economic growth rate which has to be sustained. These trends started in 2003, after the current economic reforms started.

Now if we can achieve a GDP growth rate of 7% from 2004, exchange rate stability, >$40bn foreign reserve, Health reforms, civil service reforms etc, infrastructural development, all in the last 3 years, a lot can be acheived in 10 years.

That's why the world's attention is on Nigeria. The world powers don't want to sleep and wake up to another China, in a Black Power: Nigeria.
They all want to be involved in the building of the first black power, that's why Britain, the EU and China are contributing to cencus, elections, railway etc.

You guys better be prapared for the first black power in about 13 years.

Re: Can Nigeria Ever Improve? by Sijien(m): 1:04pm On Feb 18, 2007
it will improve
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Improve? by LePhilippe(m): 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2007
White president my ass! White people are extremely overrated!!! Are the presidents of the numerous asian tiger nations white Like i pointed out early, all we need is a president and he is coming as a result of this election!!!
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Improve? by Tovie: 10:29am On May 16, 2013
Ofcourse Nigeria will improve and its everyone's responsibility. Until we as a nation stop condemning nigeria, but speak positive things concerning the nation eventhough what we see is negative the country will be a better place.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Fake Ibb's Crib Pictures! / Governor Silva’s Associate Charged Over 4.5 Billion Naira Scam / Regionalism Best For Heterogeneous Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.