Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Help With My 2005 Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With My 2005 Honda Accord (1883 Views)

please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry / Help! My 2005 Toyota Camry Has A Rattling Noise On Starting It. / Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by nlofficial(m): 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2012
NL experts,

my 2005 Honda Accord does not have swift movement at start, most especially when the A/C is on, I mean it drags. The plugs are working fine and I serviced the nozzles not quit long. Can it be from the fuel pump? Please help.
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by nlofficial(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2012
bump!
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by dregun: 10:51am On Jun 14, 2012
Get a reliable mechanic 2 check ur plug wires, for leakage of current from d spark plugs
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by elite(m): 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2012
Chk fuel pump and fuel filter...
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by nlofficial(m): 11:44am On Jun 15, 2012
thanks @elite.

More contributions please.
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by nlofficial(m): 11:45am On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by nlofficial(m): 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2012
nna mehn, make una talk nau. i no won dash mechanic money again
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by nlofficial(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2012
una must talk oooo
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by feelamong(m): 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2012
nl.official:
una must talk oooo

bros.. wetin you want make we talk? ok.. just carry ur car go Honda Place make dem tell u wetin dey do am! grin
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by nlofficial(m): 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2012
feelamong:

bros.. wetin you want make we talk? ok.. just carry ur car go Honda Place make dem tell u wetin dey do am! grin

Lol. U go help me pay?
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by Piyke: 11:51pm On Jun 18, 2012
nl.official:
NL experts,

my 2005 Honda Accord does not have swift movement at start, most especially when the A/C is on, I mean it drags. The plugs are working fine and I serviced the nozzles not quit long. Can it be from the fuel pump? Please help.

Is your check engine light on?

The other question i'd like to ask you is how is the idling of the car? is it smooth? If not, the throttle body may need cleaning
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by nlofficial(m): 1:23am On Jun 19, 2012
Piyke:

Is your check engine light on?

The other question i'd like to ask you is how is the idling of the car? is it smooth? If not, the throttle body may need cleaning

No, the check light is not on. About the throttle, Don't really understand what you mean. When driving, most times, I'll throttle and then take off my leg, and press the throttle again so as to respond well, but it'll still not be enough. The idling is smooth.
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by Piyke: 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2012
nl.official:

No, the check light is not on. About the throttle, Don't really understand what you mean. When driving, most times, I'll throttle and then take off my leg, and press the throttle again so as to respond well, but it'll still not be enough. The idling is smooth.

What RPM does the car idle at?
Re: Help With My 2005 Honda Accord by mdautotec(m): 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2012
Do check the fuel strainer in the tank. This model of Honda Accord does not use an external fuel filter. The filter is embedded together with the fuel pump case in the fuel tank. The strainer could be clogged and very possible the fuel pump could also be weak (low fuel pressure). This would be a good opportunity to check for debris in the fuel tank, which may be clogging the strainer. If everything checks out fine, then you can move upstream for further diagnosis.

Since you do not have a check engine light on the instrument cluster, it would be safe to say there are no trouble codes stored in the ECM (engine control module). Although you may also want to check when you switch on the vehicle the MIL lamp (check engine lamp) illuminates and then switches off after 5 seconds or so. This is a self test being run by the vehicle ECM. The reason for doing this because I have seen many vehicles where the instrument cluster has been tampered with, i.e the MIL (check engine) indicator bulb has been removed, so the owner/user thinks there is no issue as there is no light illuminated.

There would also be no harm to check the transmission fluid level, just to be sure.

Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Best Price For Camry 2000 Alternator ?- I Need To Replace Mine / A Bad/faulty Oxygen Sensor Can Do This To Your Car / Brain Box Stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.