Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,270 members, 7,807,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Greatest Songs Played In Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Greatest Songs Played In Movies (8295 Views)

Actress, Ejiro Okurame Regrets Acting Unclad In Movies / What Song Was Played In The Movie Titled 'A Million Tears'? / Your Favourite Love Scenes In Movies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greatest Songs Played In Movies by countsparrow: 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2012
Well as a rock lover, I tend to get most of my songs from movie soundtracks, even though I have a whole lot of rock songs at my disposal, I still aint satisfied... So if u know a rock song that keeps playing in ur head anytime u think of a movies, or any nice soft rock, kindly write it on This thread. U don't av to know the title, just a few lines will do. E.g... Courtesy of the red, white and blue- stop loss. Top of the world- dark shadows... Tanx
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by khanivorous(f): 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
Straylight run's hands in the sky featured in the series SONS OF ANARCHY

Evanesence....smokin aces 2
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by countsparrow: 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
^^^^ tanx, but the song tittle is also needed, or a line in the lyrics...
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by kunlefox(m): 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2012
E.S.T(band)- white lies is cool
Signs by Bloc city is also cool...those songs featured on gossip girl some seasons ago when I was still watching that crap..
I get most of my songs from shows and movies too and they are way too many to list but since you are a huge fan of rock,you should know some them...oh I remember "Wonder" by jack savoretti(really nice) played in grey's anatomy and one tree hill....
Give me your list,then we see more
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by kunlefox(m): 1:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
One thing about some of these songs is that the moments in that particular scene or the act might make the song sound so cool....but later when you download and listen,you just ask ya self "WTF"...pretty example is "weight of us" by sander bohlke..it was played on the vampire diaries season1(I think) and also grey's anatomy...that song was just not it when I downloaded it. dunno maybe it was just me but that happens sometimes
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by Buskete(m): 3:19am On Jun 18, 2012
Aerosmith's 'don't wanna miss a thing' soundtrack for d movie, ARMAGEDDON, and Nickleback's 'Hero' soundtrack for d movie, SPIDERMAN 3.
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by countsparrow: 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2012
Just started downloadin songz from movies, but on a normal day I listen to songz from 3doors down, daughtry, theory of a dead man,maroon 5 etc

1 Like

Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by kunlefox(m): 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2012
Try bands like snow patrol,kings of leon,cold play,the fray and ofcourse Mumford and sons...
Those bands are great...Imma die happily knowing I'm a fan of these bands...loool
Their songs have been featured on tv shows and movies many times...infact first time I listened to the fray was when "how to save a life" was played on greys anatomy...same goes for snow patrol "chasing cars" played on the S2 finale of greys...but seriously these bands I listed play great music..

1 Like

Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by countsparrow: 1:31pm On Jun 21, 2012
I am a die hard fan of the fray, snow patrol, and coldplay... If u are a rock lover, u must listen to dis bands... Will try out d other two bands too...
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by kunlefox(m): 7:13am On Jun 22, 2012
Try mumford and sons- cave, little lion man, and sigh no more...they are really nice esp little lion man.I get goosies whenever. I hear that song,infact imma go listen to it now
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2012
Black eye peas: boom
in the movie G.I JOE rise of d cobra
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2012
Celine Dion's "My Heart would go on" for Titanic
Aerosmith's for Armageddon
Jason Marz for "Spiderman"
Led Zeppelin for "Godzilla"
Justin Beiber's Never Say never for "Karate Kid" - juvenile yet befitting
Seal's "Kiss From rose" - Batman
Survivors "Eye of the Tiger" for - Rocky - My best ever! smiley
The Movie "Flash Dance" - wonderful soundtrack. The title and name of the female singer eludes me
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by croxx86: 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2012
Take My Breath Away by Jessica Simpson - top Gun
Dreamer by Uh Huh Her - Smallville
Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol - Greys Anatomy
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
croxx86: Take My Breath Away by Jessica Simpson - top Gun
Dreamer by Uh Huh Her - Smallville
Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol - Greys Anatomy

Actually "Take My Breadth Away" was done by Berlin. Jessica Simpson sampled it much later. At the time Top Gun was filmed Jessica was probably 9 or 10 yrs old. wink

Love the soundtrack too!
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
Take it all by Adele in How i met your mother season 7 epi. 17.
Never say never by justin bieber in Karate kid.
You may be in Aladin(hindi version)
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by croxx86: 6:29am On Jul 08, 2012
@Vivacious vivi
You re sso right! Can see u now ur movies pretty well. Knew it wasn't actually Jessica dat did d orighinal, just didn't knw their name. But I loved Jessica's version more.
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by nevderek(m): 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2012
google the sound tracks of one tree hill, really great tracks, but like someone already pointed out some of these songs sound so good in the movies but not all that when u download them.
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by kunlefox(m): 7:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
I remember well now that The O.C had the best soundtrack then...just found one of them when I was looking through my junks...I loved that show then,atleast when it was good...
Try alphaville - forever young
Imogen heap -hide and seek sounded good cus of the emotions in the scene it was played.

Azure ray - displaced sounded good too when it was played on Buffy then.
Gotye- heart's a mess sounded nice...
The point is the scenes most of this songs were played had a huge influence in the tone,tho that doesn't take away anything from those songs cus they're still cool
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by Lisa1: 9:42am On Jul 13, 2012
Well down
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by RiffRaff: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2012
Virtualy al d rock band i know i got them 4rm watchin T.v Series. I got more songs 4rm Smallville & one Tree Hill than 4rm any other series. Lemme try 2 Remember Some:
The Little Things by Colbie Cailat (got dis 4rm d Series "Priviledge" play in my Head for months)
U could be Happy by Snow Patrol (Smallville, d day lana was 2 marry Lex) u myt wanna check out (Chasing Cars, Open ur eyes & Run by d same Band)
Where i Stood by Missy Higgins (Smallville)
Linger By The Cranberries (4rm d Movie "Click" omg i feel lyk cryin)
Soul Meet Body, I Will posses ur Heart & I will Follow u into d Dark by Death Cab for Cutie (How i met ur Mother)
am so busy ryt nw, wil post more wen m Free.
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by countsparrow: 10:49am On Jul 14, 2012
I will say anything from john mayer is good, then for dos who love gospel rock, switchfootis also good...
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by RiffRaff: 6:59pm On Jul 14, 2012
@ Count Sparrow Tot i was John Mayers Biggest Fan. Have u heard his cover 4 Tom Petty's - Free Fallin?
I also love switchfoot.. Dont close ur Eyes is my fav.
@ Topic
Look after u by The Fray (Heard it in d movie JUMPER, God knws i searchd d web tire b4 i found d title of d track) Cable Car (Transformers) How 2 save a life.
Scientist by Coldplay (Smallville, luv it die) Warning Sign ("Last Kiss", me tink dats d title of dat movie.. D scene was so Emotional). Clock ("Confidence", runnin d cast of d movies)
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (City of Angels, Nicolas cage), Long way down (smallville) All that U are (Transformers)
Angel by Sarah McClarken* (City of Angels, westlife did a Cover)
Oasis - Stop Cryin ur Heart Out (Smallville, Clark kent messed up real bad. Went 2 apologize 2 Lana, wil neva 4get dat scene) Dont Luk back in Anger ("Chuck", he was 2 go bak 2 d skol he didnt graduate 4rm)
so there are 2 many songs.. I can recomend bands 2 u & my fav of their songs. Jst let me know if u lyk soft or hard Rock.
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by RiffRaff: 7:22pm On Jul 14, 2012
Ache by James Carringhton (Smallville, Oliver Queen - Green Arrow Took Lius on a date, 2 get a kiss, he was 2 shoot an Empty can drink wit his arrow. He missed & lois walked away, then d camera zoomed 2 d can, Alas! He didnt miss, he shot of d tiny hole of d Can opener)
Mark Joseph - Fly
Dont Take ur love away by Vast (Smallville, Doomsday Destroy Chloes Weddin & injured Lois)
Dark Blue, & Mixed Tape by Jacks Mannequin (One Tree Hill, a Concert b4 dat boy shot evrybody in school)
Joshau Radin - Winter
wataya want from me - Adam Lambert
i could go on & on, 1 tin is 4 sure any song i luv, i neva 4get where i 1st heard it. Eg
Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute (Vals day, played by smooth fm lagos. Nw am inluv wit d band)
so check out bands lyk:
mayday parade.
Faber Drive.
keane.
arcade fire.
chris daughtry
second hand. serenade.
cher.
the script.
sick puppies.
fleetwood mac.
countin Crows.
Inflight safty.
Michelle Branch.
Lavign, vanessa Carlton, Kelly Clarkson, sugarland, carrie undawood e.t.c
i left out most of d popular ones. Nt al their songs may b gud enuf 4 u. Jst try out 1 song 1st b4 u download their albums.
Btw am a big fan of taylor swift, dido, owlcity, never shout never, staind, inflight safty, nickelback, fallout boy, panic @ d disco (canedian band in general)
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by countsparrow: 6:07am On Jul 16, 2012
@riffraff, u are mouthed, dis songs are classical, wen I am thru downloading, I will post some lovely songs... Keep up d good work
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by Murphy7h4: 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2012
LOL
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by countsparrow: 11:23am On Jul 18, 2012
@riffraff, I av most of the songs, from free falling to goo dolls "iris'soundtrack of robinhood, u can try songs from aerosmith, bon jovi- radio saved my life, john mayer- my stupid mouth, neon,your body is a wonderland... Boys like girls, great escape, creed, matchbox 20, red hot chilli pepper, etc when u are done wit dis artists and songs, will post more...
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by kunlefox(m): 6:39am On Jul 23, 2012
Turn to stone by ingrid Mikaelson it was featured on grey's anatomy and The Vampire diaries...m
The Civil wars - "Poison and Wine" also featured in TVD and SYTYCD last season.
David J.Roch - Skin and bones also on SYTYCD season8
Matt Nathanson - "All we are" something bout this song...featured way back in season1 of TVD
Greyson Chance - "waiting outside the lines" always played last season on SYTYCD after male eviction
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by croxx86: 8:07am On Jul 23, 2012
Riff-Raff:
Ache by James Carringhton (Smallville, Oliver Queen - Green Arrow Took Lius on a date, 2 get a kiss, he was 2 shoot an Empty can drink wit his arrow. He missed & lois walked away, then d camera zoomed 2 d can, Alas! He didnt miss, he shot of d tiny hole of d Can opener)
Mark Joseph - Fly
Dont Take ur love away by Vast (Smallville, Doomsday Destroy Chloes Weddin & injured Lois)
Dark Blue, & Mixed Tape by Jacks Mannequin (One Tree Hill, a Concert b4 dat boy shot evrybody in school)
Joshau Radin - Winter
wataya want from me - Adam Lambert
i could go on & on, 1 tin is 4 sure any song i luv, i neva 4get where i 1st heard it. Eg
Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute (Vals day, played by smooth fm lagos. Nw am inluv wit d band)
so check out bands lyk:
mayday parade.
Faber Drive.
keane.
arcade fire.
chris daughtry
second hand. serenade.
cher.
the script.
sick puppies.
fleetwood mac.
countin Crows.
Inflight safty.
Michelle Branch.
Lavign, vanessa Carlton, Kelly Clarkson, sugarland, carrie undawood e.t.c
i left out most of d popular ones. Nt al their songs may b gud enuf 4 u. Jst try out 1 song 1st b4 u download their albums.
Btw am a big fan of taylor swift, dido, owlcity, never shout never, staind, inflight safty, nickelback, fallout boy, panic @ d disco (canedian band in general)
Yeah! i remember that episode....there was also a song It ends Tonight by American Rejects...also try out songs such as Blind, Hanging by the moment, Broken, Everything, Falling In (all by Lifehouse). And who can forget classics like Immortal and Bring Me Back to Life by Evanescence.
Then there is Sacrifice and With Arms Open Wide by Creed.
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by croxx86: 9:30am On Jul 23, 2012
Riff-Raff:
@ Count Sparrow Tot i was John Mayers Biggest Fan. Have u heard his cover 4 Tom Petty's - Free Fallin?
I also love switchfoot.. Dont close ur Eyes is my fav.
@ Topic
Look after u by The Fray (Heard it in d movie JUMPER, God knws i searchd d web tire b4 i found d title of d track) Cable Car (Transformers) How 2 save a life.
Scientist by Coldplay (Smallville, luv it die) Warning Sign ("Last Kiss", me tink dats d title of dat movie.. D scene was so Emotional). Clock ("Confidence", runnin d cast of d movies)
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (City of Angels, Nicolas cage), Long way down (smallville) All that U are (Transformers)
Angel by Sarah McClarken* (City of Angels, westlife did a Cover)
Oasis - Stop Cryin ur Heart Out (Smallville, Clark kent messed up real bad. Went 2 apologize 2 Lana, wil neva 4get dat scene) Dont Luk back in Anger ("Chuck", he was 2 go bak 2 d skol he didnt graduate 4rm)
so there are 2 many songs.. I can recomend bands 2 u & my fav of their songs. Jst let me know if u lyk soft or hard Rock.
Chasing Cars by snowpatrol( Greys anatomy season 4 finale i tink after izzy said she was quiting), Your Love is a Song by Switchfoot (One Tree Hill wen ale dupree tried commiting suicide), Out of Reach by Matthew Perryman Jones (one tree hill wen jamie beeged nate to forgive dan...awesome song)
So Beautiful by Pete Murray (One tree hill season 2 wen lucas and peyton watched d shooting stars
),
Foolish Games by Jewel (Batman Begins)
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by croxx86: 9:32am On Jul 23, 2012
I wonder which tv show has d most n more awesome songs that goes with a scene........It usually comes down to 2 contenders: Smallville and One Tree Hill
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by kunlefox(m): 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2012
@croxx86....while I agree One tree hill got great soundtracks...I believe Grey's anatomy has the music thing going for it...even The.OC did when it was on and I think they both have better songs than smallville...btw I watched smallville too tho not as a fan...
Re: Greatest Songs Played In Movies by kunlefox(m): 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2012
And yeah mattew perryman jones "Out of reach" is nice...
I think The vampire Diaries got better songs than smallville tho

(1) (2) (Reply)

Usman - A Short Psychological Thriller Script By TheFilmmaker / How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood / Nicholas Cage vs Kevin Costner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.