Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal (8737 Views)

Jonathan Heads To Election On Bribery Hope, By SKC Ogbonnia / Al-mustapha Recants On Bribery Allegation Against Yoruba Leaders / In Wikileaks Stunner, Speaker Bankole Opens Up On Bribery Of Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by pingpong1: 11:15am On Jun 15, 2012
The house of reps is currently having a special session. On the bribery scandal.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by initiate: 11:19am On Jun 15, 2012
whatsite can it be watched
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by pingpong1: 11:21am On Jun 15, 2012
initiate: whatsite can it be watched

Its on Nta live now. You may try Channelstv online
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by omorooney: 11:28am On Jun 15, 2012
Hope they won't compromise
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by pingpong1: 11:32am On Jun 15, 2012
omorooney: Hope they won't compromise

The won't. FL is like a leper now that nobody wants to associate with.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by SkyBlue1: 11:34am On Jun 15, 2012
All I am hearing is big grammar. GET INFORMATION FROM LAWAN AND THROW HIM UNDER THE BUS! The guy talking right now is irritating and I bet part of the rubbish. THAT REPORT IS RUBBISH, STOP QUOTING IT!!!!!! A NEW INVESTIGATION MUST BE DONE. GOSH THESE GUYS ARE ANNOYING
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by pingpong1: 11:37am On Jun 15, 2012
Sky Blue: All I am hearing is big grammar. GET INFORMATION FROM LAWAN AND THROW HIM UNDER THE BUS! The guy talking right now is irritating and I bet part of the rubbish. THAT REPORT IS RUBBISH, STOP QUOTING IT!!!!!! A NEW INVESTIGATION MUST BE DONE. GOSH THESE GUYS ARE ANNOYING

What we have going on is 360 thieves less one and nothing good will come out of this session. Mark it.

1 Like

Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 15, 2012
One of the representatives just accused the Executive of trying to blackmail the house by setting up their member in connivance of the security operatives.

The house thereafter passed a vote of confidence on the leadership of the house.

The speaker also instructed that Hon. Emenalo be investigated by a committee of the house to know his level of involvement in the bribe saga.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by SkyBlue1: 11:38am On Jun 15, 2012
Passing vote of confidence on the leader of the house? What the hell has that got to do with the issue? Who is that "Honourable" Samson Osagie doucebag? Gosh!
If he is fkrom your state DISOWN HIM! Instead of giving SSS a pat on the back for exposing the trite in congress you are talking about the house refusing to be blackmailed?
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by SkyBlue1: 11:45am On Jun 15, 2012
ping pong:

What we have going on is 360 thieves less one and nothing good will come out of this session. Mark it.

You are making it too easy for them and I keep saying we should stop doing this. We should stop saying things like "The house is corrupt", we really really should!
Such approaches takes away individual accountability of the people that make up that group. Shame names, shame individuals. When you shame the house who is really shamed? Its lets them off too easily. Who are the individuals that are being caught?

Name names
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by SkyBlue1: 11:47am On Jun 15, 2012
AM I REALLY HEARING THIS!!??

The speaker does not think the integrity of the report has not been eroded? Nigerians are too lazy if not some members of that house are seriously due for a recall. Did the doucebag not observe or learn of when names were taken off the list? Shocking!! That report isn't even valuable enough to use to wipe my nyansh as far as I am concerned.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by pingpong1: 11:49am On Jun 15, 2012
Sky Blue:

You are making it too eamsy for them and I keep saying we should stop doing this. We should stop saying things like "The house is corrupt", we really really should!
Such approaches takes away individual account ability of the people that make up that group. Shame names, shame individuals. When you shame the house who is really shamed? Its lets them off too easily. Who are the individuals that are being caught?

Name names

You don't know our politicians. That is all I have to say.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by SkyBlue1: 11:51am On Jun 15, 2012
Some people are just too stupid to be in that house . . . .
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 15, 2012
Farouk lawan has been suspended

The speaker said the fuel subsidy report remains valid and will not be compromised

He promised the house will investigate the saga and will not be cowed in their duties to the people
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by omosexy1: 11:54am On Jun 15, 2012
Where is the Save Nigeria Group when you need them? Are they sleeping?

1 Like

Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by SkyBlue1: 11:58am On Jun 15, 2012
ping pong:

You don't know our politicians. That is all I have to say.

I stand very very firmly by what I have said. We let the house off too easily due to collective LAZINESS to hold our individual politicians to order. Do you know the person who represents you in that house? Do you know the senator who represents you? Do you know the name of your local government chairman? How many people can say they know this? THIS IS THE PROBLEM!

What would have happened if all we heard was the house took bribe without knowing it was Lawan? It would have been swept under the carpet. We need to start knowing WHO to apply pressure to. I am sure you heard growing up of the single broomstick and bundle of broomsticks. Together they are strong under a nameless and impersonal umbrella of "house of reps" and "senate". We need to stop being so lazy. Who is corrupt, who is chopping the money? Let us know who is doing what by name. Who else was in that committee?!!

They stole they stole. Who is the they, let us know whose house to burn? That is how you strike fear in that house!! There is too much comfort and protection in THEY. Let us know WHO. Cabal cabal cabal. Names please! No more of this nonsense.

7 Likes

Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by omosexy1: 11:59am On Jun 15, 2012
The bloody bribe taker is even in the house smiling.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by karlmax2: 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2012
omosexy1: Where is the Save Nigeria Group when you need them? Are they sleeping?
the executive is not involved that's why Ʊ not hearing from them if it is an executive scandal Ʊ would Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ bakare and his goon carrying rumours about
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by omosexy1: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2012
The House of Reps constitutes committee of the whole to reconsider involvement of Otedola's company in fuel subsidy scam.

Are these guys jokers?
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by omosexy1: 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2012
karl max: the executive is not involved that's why Ʊ not hearing from them if it is an executive scandal Ʊ would Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ bakare and his goon carrying rumours about

If that's the case its just so sad
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by omosexy1: 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
If the members of the house voted to take them companies out. Why are they now considering to put them in? It is a shame, I was thinking they should consider revisiting the whole situation again and do a proper investigation.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
MAIN BUSINESS OF THE DAY:
According to the list, Zenon is alleged to have collected the sum of $232, 975, 385.13 while Synopsis Enterprises collected $51, 449, 977.47 for the year 2010 and refused to import any oil.

Here we go............
Nlders hope u are all watching this cos its gonna be interesting..... grin grin
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by SkyBlue1: 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
omosexy1: If the members of the house voted to take them companies out. Why are they now considering to put them in? It is a shame, I was thinking they should consider revisiting the whole situation again and do a proper investigation.

Good point, but also remember that the house was not full on that day if you recall. Still leaves a case to be answered. Couldn't the ones that were there think? As far as I am concerned that report can only be taken seriously in vague contexts at best and not specifics. How do we now know who should be on the list and is not there and who is there and shouldn't be?

Other members of that committee need to be grilled. I need to get those names. .
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by pingpong1: 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2012
omosexy1: If the members of the house voted to take them companies out. Why are they now considering to put them in? It is a shame, I was thinking they should consider revisiting the whole situation again and do a proper investigation.

Better. Let Otedola now come and defend his company without the issue of bribe. Smart move I say. Politics in play now.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by omosexy1: 12:15pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sky Blue:

I stand very very firmly by what I have said. We let the house off too easily due to collective LAZINESS to hold our individual politicians to order. Do you know the person who represents you in that house? Do you know the senator who represents you? Do you know the name of your local government chairman? How many people can say they know this? THIS IS THE PROBLEM!

What would have happened if all we heard was the house took bribe without knowing it was Lawan? It would have been swept under the carpet. We need to start knowing WHO to apply pressure to. I am sure you heard growing up of the single broomstick and bundle of broomsticks. Together they are strong under a nameless and impersonal umbrella of "house of reps" and "senate". We need to stop being so lazy. Who is corrupt, who is chopping the money? Let us know who is doing what by name. Who else was in that committee?!!

They stole they stole. Who is the they, let us know whose house to burn? That is how you strike fear in that house!! There is too much comfort and protection in THEY. Let us know WHO.

I have said this previously. They know we don't know them personally and hence they are not accountable to us but to their personal self. We need to start taking these issues seriously. Enough of these idleness and laziness or deliberate ignorance Nigerians. Else, these bunch of pretentious and bribe taking men and women, together with an executive arm, would ripe us off our dreams for a better Nigerian
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2012
I feel ashamed. Very shameful. Are these legislatures ? Farouk is greeted and handshakes ?
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by omosexy1: 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2012
As I watch these men and women laugh, I feel pain in my blood. They collectively think that some persons want to get the Leader of the House out. We are talking of corruption in the house, rather than them putting their heads to shame, they laugh with pride. How can we have a great nation with these people representing us. In developed countries, Farouk should have dropped his letter of resignation, likewise members of the committee. They (the house) voted to remove those names and now they want the names of the companies back. Is this how our house of representatives work? Jesus we are in trouble.

PS: Oh I feel like being in that house.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by pingpong1: 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2012
Billyonaire: I feel ashamed. Very shameful. Are these legislatures ? Farouk is greeted and handshakes ?

Honour amongst thieves.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2012
x
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by karlmax2: 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2012
by doing that it is clear to all that they took bribe not only from otedola and from other companies! When the court case begins Ʊ would Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ how otedolas lawyers would shred the report
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2012
Otedola companies have been added to the 13 others to be investigated by the EFCC

House adjourned till 19th june.

Now let the real politicking begins........
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2012
Indeed!

Mr Speaker: "...resolution remains valid despite alleged corruption of one individual" grin
Then to drive a point home: "...executive is urged to match words with action"

Report remains sacrosanct (for now)!
Given the loss of 19 lives, this much is owed to Nigerians - all some of us ever asked for really.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: I'd Rather Resign Than Postpone Elections - Prof. Jega / Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism / Buhari Moves Against Tompolo Order EFCC To Freeze His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.