Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track (7476 Views)

Senate Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan’s Power Sector Spendings / What Cost Jonathan Power In The End / CBN Disburses N109bn To Support Power Reform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Pupita(f): 8:37am On Jun 17, 2012
I did not want to argue this fact, the more I go through the topic and read up on the power sector,the more I get impressed by the road map and the drive towards actualisation of the reform. The only advice I have for the govt is to make sure that the laudable achievements in the power sector is not left to crash. Any society that is trying to revamp their economy and build for the future first tackle the problem of power. Everything is hinged on power, and it is a veritable driving tool towards sustainable growth and achievable visions. GEJ is trying very much,at least as a woman, I have been opportuned to visit some of this projects,this is not as a politician or committee member, but as a person who tours round having spent most of my adult life moving and compiling things on culture and traditions. In the course of my work, I run a bit of investigative journalism and I must say that am impressed by what Goodluck has been able to achieve and doing.....lest I forget, am reading the road map as am typing and I can assure you that he has not veered off track.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Murphy7h4: 9:52am On Jun 17, 2012
much appreciated grin
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Captainajama: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2012
Yeah, much appreciated, people are gradually accepting he truth, just find out about national issues b4 blabbing.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Pupita(f): 7:23pm On Jun 17, 2012
The best thing is to get fully involved in the politics of this nation. Detractors and blood mongers,shame on you!
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by swintiney: 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
Billyonaire: Must you comment in areas of your ignorance ? Stop disgracing me pls.

Which area represents ignorance here that disgraces you? Yes i asked rightly if this is the second 4000MW
(of course you should know what i mean by mistakenly typing 4MW), i suppose OBJ has boasted of reaching
same 4000MW since 2003, you can go through this NEEDS presentation http://www.ng.undp.org/documents/NEEDS/NEEDS.pdf
on this UNDP website (on page 60 under power sector section),
you will see this there;

"Some improvement took place between 1999
and 2003, with generation rising to about 4,000
MW a day. Problems of adequacy, transmission,
and distribution remain, however. Improvement
occurred largely as a result of the President’s
mandate and the new funds and capacity
injected into the National Electric Power Authority
(NEPA). Some of the highlights of the mandate
include the following:
• Expeditiously implement the electric power
sector reform programme.
• Generate 10,000 MW a day by 2007, from
existing plants, new host generation, and
reasonably priced independent power plants.
• Develop the capacity to transmit and
distribute the higher level of generation.
• Explore alternative energy sources, such
as coal, solar power, wind power, and
hydropower.
• Renew attention to the question of
electricity tariffs.
• Deregulate the power sector to allow
increased private sector participation."

maybe you may then want to ask if this is actually the second 4000MW. Why not Prof. Bart Nnaji focus on his
principal's promise of delivering power to Nigerians, must he go on propaganda? Nigerians would prefer Prof's
success story of dream come true to irrelevant publicity that would not translate to development at the end of
the day.

What surprises me is that GEJ's administration still boasts of same 4000MW. If Bart Nnaji sees any future boost,
let him use the super star in him to give it to us, then announce as we are tired of getting proposals that end
up being taken as prospects.

Maybe they will site the next plant in Borno and tell us they have gas problem, next they will come on screen explaining
how they have strategically concluded running gas pipeline to the location, as though they did not know that they should
have considered the source of fuel/energy as factors considered in siting a plant. Maybe they should revisit their basic
senior secondary economics since professionalism now earns us poor decision making.

I hope u are now "re-graced"
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by dedeike: 3:08am On Jun 18, 2012
@ switney, Much as I would like to join issues with you on your last post but I must quickly commend you for offering the first intellectual opposition to Bart Nnaji's activities. Since this debate started, all we have been seing from those dissatisfied with our views are shallow arguments and vituperations devoid of substance. You even posted a useful link in support of your argument that govt appears insincere about the megawatts generated. I appreciate that. We must endeavour to be factual and constructive in criticising or praising the activities of those entrusted with the mandate to govern us. That way I believe we will make progress.

However, I will make bold to respond to all the issues you raised one by one. It is never in doubt that Obj generateed 4000 megawatts. Yes he did. But just like you rightly observed, this 4000 megawatts could not be felt due to age long problems of adequacy of gas, transmission and distribution problems. In 2005' obj signed into law the power reforms act which was to offer the foundation for the first target you mentioned viz; ," expeditiously implement the electric power sector reform programme" . If you read Barth's interview thoroughly, you would appreciate that he credited his reform programme to the power reforms Act 2005 by Obj. That legislation offers the foundation upon which the present reform programmes are erected. So there's no falsehood to it.

Secondly, the next target was to generate 10,000 megawatts by 2007 "by existing plants, new host generations and reasonably priced independent power plants" . This is where the NIPP initiative came in. Obj sought to set up over 9 independent power plants I.e Geregu, Allaoji, Afam, Papalanto etc due to its capital intensive nature, obj could not finish before he left office in 2007. Surprisingly, Yarafua came in and abandoned the NIPP projects.The Elumelu probe panel came up and rubbished the projects with allegations of corruption in the management of NIPP. So NIPP was put on hold without any alternative plans on generation. The end result was that our generation capacity dtropped again. We now started having barely 1500 megawatts. When Gej came in, he saw the need to implement the power reforms act hence the revival of the NIPP projects. He launched a power reforms roadmap anchored on the NiPP and the full privatization of PHCN. In less than one year, GEJ's govt has been able to complete the Mambilla and Zungeru power stations bringing back the megawatts to over 4000. In a bid to address the problems associated with transmission, govt has also begun the repair of transmission lines covering over 6000 km and you know this is not a cup of tea. For distribution, they decided to privatize the 11 distribution companies and have signed bulk trader purchase agreement with them with world bank guarantees.

Thirdly, the next target you highlighted is "explore alternative energy sources ...." this the govt has achieved by building those power stations which are thermal. They seek to take advantage of our huge gas reserves but unfortunately, this has created another major challenge. Most of the IOC's are skeptical to invest heavily in gas in a market where there's no much demand for commercial gas. That notwithstanding, the NGC which is the gas arm of NNPC is seriously constrained by billions owed it by PHCN. On the other hand, PHCN attributes its inability to discharge its indebtedness to low revenue generation, poor metering, and low tariffs. This brings me to the fourth target as highlighted in your post.

Fourthly,, the next target reads viz" renew attention to the question of electricity tariffs" it is pursuant to the realization of this objective that govt recently reviewed eelectricity tariffs on June 1. The need to have a cost reflective tariff is long overdue and will play a key role in actualising the 5th target which is " Deregulate the power sector to allow increased private sector participation."

Fifthly,, the increased tariffs and eventual privatization of PHCN will now facilitate the much needed private sector investments in our power sector. Thankfully, General Electric co and others have already come in to participate. Gej is really working.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Mekusnwa: 3:43am On Jun 18, 2012
My own is, let them privatize Phcn. They should sell it off to people who will manage it very well. The corruption in Phcn is too much. Haba! They charged me excess bill in march. I went and complained, they assured me that they will reconcile it in the next month but next month came, the didn't do anything . And you need to see the arrogance exhibited by those Nepa officials. when they want to cut the light. It's not fair.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by subterfuge: 3:49am On Jun 18, 2012
With over 90% of Nigeria in Blackout, what bullshit reforms is on track. All you sycophants and praise singers, be warned. Power may be sweet as honey, but can also be bitter as vinegar!!! Remember Patrice lumumba, Samuel Doe? Moamar Ghadafi, Hosni mubarak? All th
ese people were better and brighter than this dullard jonathan... To be fore warned, is to be fore armed.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Dollarman101: 3:54am On Jun 18, 2012
dedeike: @ switney, Much as I would like to join issues with you on your last post but I must quickly commend you for offering the first intellectual opposition to Bart Nnaji's activities. Since this debate started, all we have been seing from those dissatisfied with our views are shallow arguments and vituperations devoid of substance. You even posted a useful link in support of your argument that govt appears insincere about the megawatts generated. I appreciate that. We must endeavour to be factual and constructive in criticising or praising the activities of those entrusted with the mandate to govern us. That way I believe we will make progress. However, I will make bold to respond to all the issues you raised one by one. It is never in doubt that Obj generateed 4000 megawatts. Yes he did. But just like you rightly observed, this 4000 megawatts could not be felt due to age long problems of adequacy of gas, transmission and distribution problems. In 2005' obj signed into law the power reforms act which was to offer the foundation for the first target you mentioned viz; ," expeditiously implement the electric power sector reform programme" . If you read Barth's interview thoroughly, you would appreciate that he credited his reform programme to the power reforms Act 2005 by Obj. That legislation offers the foundation upon which the present reform programmes are erected. So there's no falsehood to it. Secondly, the next target was to generate 10,000 megawatts by 2007 "by existing plants, new host generations and reasonably priced independent power plants" . This is where the NIPP initiative came in. Obj sought to set up over 9 independent power plants I.e Geregu, Allaoji, Afam, Papalanto etc due to its capital intensive nature, obj could not finish before he left office in 2007. Surprisingly, Yarafua came in and abandoned the NIPP projects.The Elumelu probe panel came up and rubbished the projects with allegations of corruption in the management of NIPP. So NIPP was put on hold without any alternative plans on generation. The end result was that our generation capacity dtropped again. We now started having barely 1500 megawatts. When Gej came in, he saw the need to implement the power reforms act hence the revival of the NIPP projects. He launched a power reforms roadmap anchored on the NiPP and the full privatization of PHCN. In less than one year, GEJ's govt has been able to complete the Mambilla and Zungeru power stations bringing back the megawatts to over 4000. In a bid to address the problems associated with transmission, govt has also begun the repair of transmission lines covering over 6000 km and you know this is not a cup of tea. For distribution, they decided to privatize the 11 distribution companies and have signed bulk trader purchase agreement with them with world bank guarantees. Thirdly, the next target you highlighted is "explore alternative energy sources ...." this the govt has achieved by building those power stations which are thermal. They seek to take advantage of our huge gas reserves but unfortunately, this has created another major challenge. Most of the IOC's are skeptical to invest heavily in gas in a market where there's no much demand for commercial gas. That notwithstanding, the NGC which is the gas arm of NNPC is seriously constrained by billions owed it by PHCN. On the other hand, PHCN attributes its inability to discharge its indebtedness to low revenue generation, poor metering, and low tariffs. This brings me to the fourth target as highlighted in your post. Fourthy, the next target reads viz" renew attention to the question of electricity tariffs" it is pursuant to the realization of this objective that govt recently reviewed eelectricity tariffs on June 1. The need to have a cost reflective tariff is long overdue and will play a key role in actualising the 5th target which is " Deregulate the power sector to allow increased private sector participation." Fifthly,, the increased tariffs and eventual privatization of PHCN will now facilitate the much needed private sector investments in our power sector. Thankfully, General Electric co and others have already come in to participate. Gej is really working.
I agree wit you. It's only those who are blinded with sentiments that will read that minister's interview and still come out to say he is not doing much. The guy is on point. I like him. I know he will not disappoint because of his antecedents in the united states of America. He knows wot he's doing.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 18, 2012
this govt is indeed desperate

these muppets registered on nl for te sole purpose of spreading desperate lies

see them jjcs all

bastards

Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Crownvilla(m): 7:58am On Jun 18, 2012
[quote author=Mandelaguy]Jonathan's power sector reform is working. I ran Barth Nnaji's this day interview with my facts and they jelled! www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nnaji-we-are-implementing-key-pillars-of-power-reform/117760/ . So many people just come up with ideas and issues with the power sector, without actually finding out what is happening there. GEJ brought Barth from geometric because of what he had achieved,[quote author=oyb]this govt is indeed desperate

@ Madelaguy

What exactly did Barth Nnaji achieve before he was appointed as Minister of Powwer? Where, What, When? Thanks
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Crownvilla(m): 8:16am On Jun 18, 2012
Mandelaguy: Jonathan's power sector reform is working. I ran Barth Nnaji's this day interview with my facts and they jelled! www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nnaji-we-are-implementing-key-pillars-of-power-reform/117760/ . So many people just come up with ideas and issues with the power sector, without actually finding out what is happening there. [b]GEJ brought Barth from geometric because of what he had achieved, [/b]the reform will take away all those issues you are having with PHCN. Personally, I have started feeling the impact of what the minister was saying, that was what prompted me to take a closer look at GEJ's reform in the sector, and I must say I am impressed.

@ Madelaguy

Please educate me. What exactly did Barth Nnaji achieve that led to his appointment as Minister of Power? Where, What and When?

Thank you.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Mandelaguy(m): 10:03am On Jun 18, 2012
subterfuge: With over 90% of Nigeria in Blackout, what bullshit reforms is on track. All you sycophants and praise singers, be warned. Power may be sweet as honey, but can also be bitter as vinegar!!! Remember Patrice lumumba, Samuel Doe? Moamar Ghadafi, Hosni mubarak? All th
ese people were better and brighter than this dullard jonathan... To be fore warned, is to be fore armed.
@ subterfuge, 90% of NIgerians are not in blackout,count the 774 local govt areas and the 36 states and give me exact locations of people that are in blackout. I do not think this forum is for Spreading of lies,rather a forum to correct wrong impressions and educate NIgerians who are eager to see the truth and give those who are not willing a chance at fact finding and truth speaking. I once held these views till my last movements round the said project sites round the country made me embark on investigative processes that changed my views. After discussing with some of my friends who are politically alert but has not delved into politics yet, we decided not to be agents of discord and lies. I personally posted this because I believe in speaking the truth. If GEJ fails in any of his said promises,I will be the first person to come on this forum and castigate him. All am saying is that if we see any progress, we should encourage the carriers of the progress by speaking out and offering advice on areas we feel more effort should be added and not to come here and spread lies or refuse to see reasons. I am impressed that so man people are offering their own views and even some who came out to attack when this post initially came u have come up with more reasonable arguements. People, go ahead and investigate before you condemn GEJ that he is not doing anything. You cannot sit in kaduna or Abuja or Sokoto or Aba and castigate issues in other parts of the country where you have not bothered to do your findings. Someone like Dedeike who held opposing views or dollarman did their findings and came up with strong points in support of GEJ and that should be commended because they are helping us not to wallow in ignorance anymore. I would urge some of you to go ahead and do same, find out the truth and lies and come here and x-ray them very well, don't just sit somewhere and feed on half truths and lies. Some f s are sincere about moving this nation forward and would not be paid or bought to do otherwise!! @ crownvilla, check geometric and find out how Barth worked against all odds and the corruption in PHCN to achieve what he did, also run a background check on him to find out what he had done over the years in the US before coming home with geometric. Thanks
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Pupita(f): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2012
Someone just opened his mouth and started blaming media people, telling them not to be partisan, that goes to show ur level of ignorance. I am an ardent watcher of AIT political programmes every morning and I must say that I have never seen them say whie is black r vis versa! This shows tha they are only doing their jobs by speaking when they know that truth ought to be spoken. People who open their mouths should not do so ignorantly.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Captainajama: 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2012
oyb: this govt is indeed desperate

these muppets registered on nl for te sole purpose of spreading desperate lies

see them jjcs all

bastards
. @ OYB, I can see that you and all those who want the govt to fail are the desperate people. Do you think anyone can be bought like you and your friends. Whether you call urslf muppet or something from one of you cartoon networks, wake up and leave that ur obscure part of town, move around and see things for urslf. Bastards like you are the ones throwing bombs here and there and getting innocent people, destroying businesses and sources of livelihood and tearing down things that took this country and honest Nigerians years to build.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
Captainajama: . @ OYB, I can see that you and all those who want the govt to fail are the desperate people. Do you think anyone can be bought like you and your friends. Whether you call urslf muppet or something from one of you cartoon networks, wake up and leave that ur obscure part of town, move around and see things for urslf. Bastards like you are the ones throwing bombs here and there and getting innocent people, destroying businesses and sources of livelihood and tearing down things that took this country and honest Nigerians years to build.

abeg tell your hatted monkey to sort out boko haram - - you good for nothing spammers - you think you can deceive people by posting lies on the internet - better open a we are winning the war on boko haram thread - army of liars - this must be the jobs aganga was blathering about - an army of incoherent spammers spreading falsehoods on social media
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by philip0906(m): 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
[size=38pt]Government agents on the loose. . .Beware[/size]
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by stillme(m): 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2012
During raining season,electricity is always somehow constant. I doubt if there's any improvement.
What we are enjoying now is not power reform but coolness of the weather.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by ismhab(m): 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2012
otokx: In my area of Port Harcourt power remains a problem, we just bribed NEPA with 140 000 to rehabilitate a transformer the same NEPA people vandalized after 7 weeks of darkness. In the past 48 hours we have had 8 - 10 hours of electricity only for the neutral line to go of and its back to square 0.
You must be femi otedola's brother.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by ooua: 3:59pm On Jun 18, 2012
Who are these government agents. Fools you think all Nigerians are like you, even if you want to write for the government why dont you just be a a bit constructive. Anyway I dont blame you, very soon your time will be over.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by uzomagic(m): 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2012
ooua: Who are these government agents. Fools you think all Nigerians are like you, even if you want to write for the government why dont you just be a a bit constructive. Anyway I dont blame you, very soon your time will be over.
I am just reading through all this posts, and as a matter of fact, am still digging to know where to pitch my tent in this argument. On the other hand, I would like to advice all those who label everyone government agents to be careful of their utterances, everyone on this platform may not have any affiliation with government, but airing their views and what they have seen and felt, just the way the anti!-government people are airing theirs. Respect each others views and put your arguments on this platform with respect.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Joey82(m): 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
@op
at your insistence, i read through the entire interview and one thing is quite disturbing. 100% of the new power plants are gonna be run on gas and the minister himself stated that is the problem. There is no road map in place in how we are going to get this gas in commercial qty to power these plants, the minister even confessed that if he had more gas today the mega watts will instantly go up. Question is if we cant get gas to run the existing power plants to produce at full capacity how are we going to get enouf when we get to distributing over 9000mw?
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Ovaiegbe(m): 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2012
Thanks for referring us to the minister's interview. It was not only frank but realistic. The reforms required in PHCN are time dependent and most of the inherited NEPA infrastructure were either obsolete or dilapidated. And again we had the problem of institutionalized corruption within PHCN.
The transmission line running from Aloji to Calabar via Itu for example has only one set of lines instead of two right from when it was first installed probably in the 70s. The consequence of this is that when that line has a fault, there is no back up or alternative supply line until the fault is fixed. This problem was neither created by OBJ, Yar'Adua (RIP) or Jonathan and fixing it may require installing entirely new towers and line.
Haven read the Minister's interview I am convinced that they are on top of the situation and that in the very near future a lasting solution would have been put in place.
On the issue of gas supply, the minister has already said that we are blessed with an abundant reserve of it (which we carelessly flare everyday in our oil production companies, the petroleum ministry needs to tell us what plans they have to make natural gas available to Nigerians (not just PHCN) for our every day use.
For my fellow citizens, we need to learn to conserve energy and use electricity wisely. The era of leaving for work with are your security lights on is fast running out. Using quack electricians to make connection in our homes and offices is detrimental to the distribution facilities. Let all hands be on deck and let braze up for better days in the power sector.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by uzomagic(m): 4:49pm On Jun 18, 2012
Ovaiegbe: Thanks for referring us to the minister's interview. It was not only frank but realistic. The reforms required in PHCN are time dependent and most of the inherited NEPA infrastructure were either obsolete or dilapidated. And again we had the problem of institutionalized corruption within PHCN.
The transmission line running from Aloji to Calabar via Itu for example has only one set of lines instead of two right from when it was first installed probably in the 70s. The consequence of this is that when that line has a fault, there is no back up or alternative supply line until the fault is fixed. This problem was neither created by OBJ, Yar'Adua (RIP) or Jonathan and fixing it may require installing entirely new towers and line.
Haven read the Minister's interview I am convinced that they are on top of the situation and that in the very near future a lasting solution would have been put in place.
On the issue of gas supply, the minister has already said that we are blessed with an abundant reserve of it (which we carelessly flare everyday in our oil production companies, the petroleum ministry needs to tell us what plans they have to make natural gas available to Nigerians (not just PHCN) for our every day use.
For my fellow citizens, we need to learn to conserve energy and use electricity wisely. The era of leaving for work with are your security lights on is fast running out. Using quack electricians to make connection in our homes and offices is detrimental to the distribution facilities. Let all hands be on deck and let braze up for better days in the power sector.
I am beginning to like this topic and @ oveigbe they will soon label you government agent( hahahahahah). I think I should join issues with people on this topic.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by alaoeri: 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2012
Reform indeed, people deceiving people.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by swintiney: 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
I think we can actually express our opinions without insulting each other. I've really not seen
what calling each other fools or bastards add to this interesting subject. I don't think it
is bad to take any position as everyone is indebted to his or her opinion. Whether we like it
or not, it is a theme worth criticising in both ways.

Whoever does not have the capacity to debate should stay at the background and just read
on rather than creating confusion.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Ovaiegbe(m): 4:53pm On Jun 18, 2012
Joey82: @op
at your insistence, i read through the entire interview and one thing is quite disturbing. 100% of the new power plants are gonna be run on gas and the minister himself stated that is the problem. There is no road map in place in how we are going to get this gas in commercial qty to power these plants, the minister even confessed that if he had more gas today the mega watts will instantly go up. Question is if we cant get gas to run the existing power plants to produce at full capacity how are we going to get enough when we get to distributing over 9000mw?
I work in an institution were we generate on distribute our own power for our need and this power is generated using natural gas. If we ever have downtime (blackout), it never last for for than 30 minutes all things being equal but we have the advantage of a small generating capacity and a very small distribution system.
I have read the minister's interview and would want to believe he spoke of those things that are under his control as minister for power. Gas supply on the other hand is for the petroleum ministry to plan for and execute to meet to growing demand for their product. I believe if we have the privileged of hearing from the minister of petroleum, we will be in a better place to assess the present development. As fro the critics and pessimist on the site, Nigeria is moving past your views.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Ovaiegbe(m): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2012
uzomagic: I am beginning to like this topic and @ oveigbe they will soon label you government agent( hahahahahah). I think I should join issues with people on this topic.
My guy, this is my field and an area where I am most comfortable. I speak from knowledge not supposition.
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Mandelaguy(m): 5:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
uzomagic: I am beginning to like this topic and @ oveigbe they will soon label you government agent( hahahahahah). I think I should join issues with people on this topic.
@ oveigbe, my brother, thank you for reading that interview very well. I would urge you to go a step further and make findings and you will appreciate the effort to address the gas issue. They are labeling me and all those who have similar views agents because we are trying to sensitize NIgerians, so that when we shout on bad policies, people will hear our voices and know that we stand on the side of truth. GEJ has set up a committee comprising of ministry of power,finance,petroleum and NERC to address this issues because it is on record that PHCN is owing NGC heavily and NGC is complaining because gas production is not commiserate with payment due to low tariff,poor metering etc.I can go on and on,.....but this informed the signing of BP Agreements and upward review of tariff to create an enabling environment for foreign investors and the gas producing companies to thrive. Just go ahead and do more findings, you will find out the direction this government is taking. I commend you for your contribution.@ swintiney, thank you for joining forces with those who are on the side of respect on this interesting topic, though we've held differing views on this matter, I commend your maturity.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by erayo2GCA(m): 5:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
fools are still praising jonathan..what a dumb people..those supporting jonathan and not on the payroll of PDP are nonreaders
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2012
dedeike: I am very sure you didn't read that link. And I'm also sure you re one of those who have sworn oath to hate GEJ irrespective of whatever he does. Its unfortunate. At least I had expected you to supply us some facts in support of your hatred. Or in the alternative refute some of the claims made by the minister. But u did none of that. You re just content on hating even when it means doing it ignorantly. I want to see that your beloved presidential material that will not take these steps to initiate these reforms but will just come and perform abracadabra in 1 year and the power crisis of over 52 years will end overnight.

Oga help me tell these foolish haters on nairaland. People should Blame/hate Gej if they want to, but should always provide genuine reasons why they do so. I just don't know how some Nigerians function
Re: Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track by Ovaiegbe(m): 5:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
Mandelaguy: @ I would urge you to g a step further and make findings and you will appreciate the effort to address the gas issue. Just go ahead and do more findings, you will find out the direction this government is taking. I commend you for your contribution.
You have my assurance that I will find out more on the issues. Forget the critics, in a world of abundant information people choosing to be simply partisan and not issue oriented have no place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FAYOSE: I Will Appoint A Special Adviser On Stomach Infrastructure / Forex Scarcity: Marketers Still Depend On NNPC / Buhari Empowers 15,000 Youths, Fed 300,000 Pupils In Anambra- Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.