Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,048 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC (8793 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB / Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by Murphy7h4: 10:03am On Jun 17, 2012
very nice!
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by gerald28: 10:27am On Jun 17, 2012
@ odenigbo aroli are you from enugu-ukwu?
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by juman(m): 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2012
The beautiful woman behaved badly as DG.

The other women/ladies should learn from this.
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2012
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by fuke(m): 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2012
SETTING RECORDS STRAIGHT.

For sure there are yorubas in both Edo and Delta.

1. In Edo you have the Akoko Edos .
These are blood brothers of the Akokos in Ondo state.

2. The Itshekiris have ancestral link with the Yorubas.
From their names, you shall know them. jide Orishajefor for example.
The Ilajes are of course bonafide Yorubas.

For the avoidance of doubt, we do not need to annex other tribes
to take our place in Nigeria.

History is on our side.
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by igboboy1(m): 8:26am On Jun 19, 2012
PStylish: ^^^
If Segun Aganga is not Yoruba, then what is he?
There are native Yorubas in 11 Nigerian states - 6 SW states,Kwara,Kogi,Delta,Edo and Niger (Jebba is a Yoruba settlement with an Oba).

bush boy,,,he is Yoruba and yet when he was appointed to represent lagos Yoruba was shouting that he is taking Yoruba slot...

Aganga is an Edo man, born and bred in Lagos....But he is and Edo man.

Biko, we no get Yoruba for delta state o, i can only shook my mouth for delta state since na my state. Na uIgbo, rhobo/isoko, Itsekiri and Ijaw dey for delta. Unless you are referencing itsekiri as Yoruba then that is fine.
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2012
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by igboboy1(m): 3:47am On Jun 21, 2012
PStylish: @Igbo boy
The complaint against Segun Aganga was not that he is not a Yoruba man but that he is not from Lagos state.Afterall,Lagos has its own indigenes.Why must other Yorubas always chance them?
Even then,the Edo allegation wasnt effectively proven.Remember it took GEJ some time to reinclude his name in the ministerial list.He must have consulted widely.
Aganga is a Yoruba man from Edo state if that pleases you.

As regards Delta,there are Ilajes there who are usually passed as Itsekiris.

ok i have heard you sir....

but for your last sentence, any ilaje in delta state is an immigrant period. We no recognize illaje for delta state
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by Onlytruth(m): 5:01am On Jun 21, 2012
This would serve as a very cold lesson to all those who pledge to "Nigeria my country, to be faithful, loyal and honest blah blah. ..[size=14pt]to serve Nigeria with all my strength[/size]. . .more blah".
Those who are serving themselves with all their strength will take over to continue where they stopped before she interrupted the feast of thieves!

Onye nwere nti, ya nuru! -he who has ears let him/her hear!

Arunma ntoo! cry cry cry
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by Brixtonyute(m): 6:06am On Jun 21, 2012
igbo boy:

ok i have heard you sir....

but for your last sentence, any ilaje in delta state is an immigrant period. We no recognize illaje for delta state

Who are you to say certain people are immigrant? Are Igbos indigenous to delta, maggot?

You have no right to tell nobody where they are from, stupid. Talk back to me and I will slap your brains out of your head, mouthy bastard.
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 21, 2012
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by JudeGadimoh: 2:03am On Jun 23, 2012
The Yorubas in Akoko-Edo which are the Imeris where Bode Olajumoke hails from have been carved to join Ondo State. That some of you answer John or Paul does not make you Jewish. As it stands today, the people in Edo State do not have original yoruba language speakers. There was a connection due to early trading and geographical proximity which do not translate to them been yorubas.
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 23, 2012
Re: Bolaji Bello Replaces Aruma Oteh As Acting DG Of SEC by JudeGadimoh: 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
PStylish:

Very educating.

All the same, you seem to be playing the role of a spokesperson for these peoples.An unqualified and unsolicited one for that matter.Otherwise,how can you make such blanket statement as the bolded above?
There are several other Yoruba communities that have changed hands between Ondo and Edo state since state creation began in earnest.
What about Ikakumo Akoko? Aren't some of them in Ondo and the other side in Edo today? Are they not one and the same people?
Mind you, there are Yorubas from Benin itself. Usen people in Benin are Yorubas. There is no doubting or disputing that.
Many Yorubas close to the Edo border are quite bilingual just like their kith and kin on the other side of the border.But they are all Yorubas from Ife whether within the border or beyond.

Unfortunately, your response demonstrates unsolicited and unqualified response. I am from Igarra in the said Local Government. I wonder how you will now tell me the history and origin of myself better than myself and my people. You seem to believe every tribe that is not in a yoruba state but shares border with a yoruba state are from yoruba. I challenge you to prove your claims rather than resort to a description of the me with words that do not address the issue at stake.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Our Olympic Performance, A Reflection Of The Nigerian Nation / Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested / Rivers Elders Allege Plot To Shift Results Collation To April 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.