Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Internet Payment Solutions - Any Alternatives To Interswitch? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Internet Payment Solutions - Any Alternatives To Interswitch? (1732 Views)

Any Alternatives To Western Union And Money Gram? / Mobile Payment Solutions In Nigeria / Online Payment Solutions And Biz Opps For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Payment Solutions - Any Alternatives To Interswitch? by msanda(m): 6:16am On Jun 16, 2012
History: I found a similar post under the Webmasters section (https://www.nairaland.com/13343/which-online-payment-system-choose).
However, I believe this is a business problem. Also, it's been two years since the last response to that post (created in 2006)
Today, the cashless policy has been passed, things should have changed.

The question: What alternatives exist to Interswitch as an online payment solution?

The challenge: I run a website (a blog actually, www.moviegist.com) where I intend to start selling items (for physical delivery) to Nigerians in Nigeria. I need an a payment system linked to my site that will allow individuals to pay for items purchased from my site.

It appears the popular choice (judging from what is used by other websites like switchng.com, dealdey, etc) is Interswitch. While I have no qualms using Interswitch (I make regular payments with the system without issues), I like to know what my options are. Also, I am certain there are other businesses in the same shoes as I am right now.

So far, Google has suggested other solutions such as www.fastecash.com, www.topupnigeria.com and possibly www.etranzact.com but I am yet to contact any of these providers.

Please respond if you have tried any of the providers above (Interswitch, FasteCash, ETranzact, TopUpNigeria) or any other web payment solution provider. In addition to information on 1. registration costs and 2. transaction charges, I would sincerely appreciate comments on reliability (i.e. any downtime experienced?), customer care and response time.

Thanks, Nairalanders.
Re: Internet Payment Solutions - Any Alternatives To Interswitch? by bigx(m): 9:33am On Jun 16, 2012
msanda: History: I found a similar post under the Webmasters section (https://www.nairaland.com/13343/which-online-payment-system-choose).
However, I believe this is a business problem. Also, it's been two years since the last response to that post (created in 2006)
Today, the cashless policy has been passed, things should have changed.

The question: What alternatives exist to Interswitch as an online payment solution?

The challenge: I run a website (a blog actually, www.moviegist.com) where I intend to start selling items (for physical delivery) to Nigerians in Nigeria. I need an a payment system linked to my site that will allow individuals to pay for items purchased from my site.

It appears the popular choice (judging from what is used by other websites like switchng.com, dealdey, etc) is Interswitch. While I have no qualms using Interswitch (I make regular payments with the system without issues), I like to know what my options are. Also, I am certain there are other businesses in the same shoes as I am right now.

So far, Google has suggested other solutions such as www.fastecash.com, www.topupnigeria.com and possibly www.etranzact.com but I am yet to contact any of these providers.

Please respond if you have tried any of the providers above (Interswitch, FasteCash, ETranzact, TopUpNigeria) or any other web payment solution provider. In addition to information on 1. registration costs and 2. transaction charges, I would sincerely appreciate comments on reliability (i.e. any downtime experienced?), customer care and response time.

Thanks, Nairalanders.

Voguepay (voguepay.com) is free to use, also CashEnvoy (www.cashenvoy.com) visit their websites.
Re: Internet Payment Solutions - Any Alternatives To Interswitch? by msanda(m): 9:48am On Jun 16, 2012
@bigx

Thanks a lot for the recommendations.
Please confirm, do you know anyone who has used either and what is the service like?
I am checking out the sites as we speak...
Re: Internet Payment Solutions - Any Alternatives To Interswitch? by bigx(m): 10:28am On Jun 16, 2012
msanda: @bigx

Thanks a lot for the recommendations.
Please confirm, do you know anyone who has used either and what is the service like?
I am checking out the sites as we speak...

CashEnvoy is has been used on www.cluewebhost.com since 2010 and www.smsnuvia.com since last year, so its good enough. They are really professional and support is ok.

Voguepay is newer, a few months old but its a lot easier to configure and install though I havent gotten around to using it yet but those who use it aren't complaining yet.
Re: Internet Payment Solutions - Any Alternatives To Interswitch? by neksummi(m): 10:50am On Jun 16, 2012
I have a Voguepay account and i had some navigation issues using the site so I let them be. Haven't tried them again.

(1) (Reply)

Shop Easily On Sites Like Amazon, Bestbuy And Others From Nigeria / Meet The Trillion Dollar Black Woman Of Wall Street / What Kind Of Lucrative Business Can 1.5m Start In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.