Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? (51217 Views)

How Reliable Is Peugeot 306 / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 13, 2015
Raymie:
So, yhu mean to tell me that a brand with a lot at stake will just deliberately go out and create moving disasters to achieve what? Which brand does not have complaints of poor build? LandRovers/RangeRovers have almost never seemed to get their dashboards right . Same with Toyota. The Merc is widely known for rust issues. Recent offerings have not seemed to solve that. (my boss has a 2010 c300 with rust. The Japs have a myriad of issues from mild to life threatening. I've watched Top Gear ridicule the BMW x6 and the Tesla Roadster so bad. So if we're to go by their reviews, many cars we currently drive wouldn't be on the road.

Don't mention a Benz in the same sentence with a Peugeot!....
Does rust make a car underivable?.... Don't get it twisted bruv anyway its evident you're mentally indolent.. Product of a failed educational system

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
Raymie:
So, yhu mean to tell me that a brand with a lot at stake will just deliberately go out and create moving disasters to achieve what? Which brand does not have complaints of poor build? LandRovers/RangeRovers have almost never seemed to get their dashboards right . Same with Toyota. The Merc is widely known for rust issues. Recent offerings have not seemed to solve that. (my boss has a 2010 c300 with rust. The Japs have a myriad of issues from mild to life threatening. I've watched Top Gear ridicule the BMW x6 and the Tesla Roadster so bad. So if we're to go by their reviews, many cars we currently drive wouldn't be on the road.

Don't stoop this low in arguing over this. It appears you really don't know the racism that has been going on in Top gear with regards to French, not just a Peugeot company.

https://www.nairaland.com/2190099/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-host

When a racist or tribalist wants to review something from a tribe or race he hates, what exactly do you expect to get? Even positives will be twisted to look negative when such fellow speaks.

Anyway, I have been getting more calls and messages from people that have seen and read this thread, indicating interest to own lions. So, guys, please keep updating the thread. It really helps.

As from tomorrow, I will start reviewing the 607.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Cyberknight: 11:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
Raymie:

When I said "does seem to be the result of deliberate intention, not omission", I meant that to be construed in line with what the Top Gear people were driving at (if you will permit the pun), i.e. that if a company like Peugeot which has a reputation for manufacturing good cars suddenly starts bringing out strings of cars with quality issues this cannot perhaps be put down to the occasional mistake, mucked-up design or QA/QC factory errors that plague all companies in all sectors. That was the thrust of their argument.

And as you pointed out, I don't take the views of the Top Gear chaps as gospel, those views are no more and no less than their own personal opinions. What I am saying is that in this instance I agree with them.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
SmartChoices:
I said it! Ik just looking for co travelers in misery by encouraging people to purchase cars that were deliberately mismanufactured...by Peugeot itself...by deliberately producing terrible vehicles for decades! A word is enough for the wise!....by cars that will not turn you to a mechanic like ikenna351!...cars are a means to a end and not the end in itself!

Ikenna likes his misery, let him enjoy it. He doesn't need to look for co travelers. The military, judiciary, bank, government who use Pugs as utility vehicles are more than enough co travelers that share in his "misery" Enjoy yhur 1999 w202 c class which currently has lower resale value than the camry/corolla of same year. BTW if yhu know wherr I can get the exhaust manifold of a 1999 w202 C230 US spec, kindly lemme kno. A colleague in 'enjoyment' needs it.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 11:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
SmartChoices:

Don't mention a Benz in the same sentence with a Peugeot!....
Does rust make a car underivable?.... Don't get it twisted bruv!

I drive a Mercedes Benz and a Peugeot! Bite me.
And yes. Rust does make a car un driveable when engine components are affected. Or when yhur drivers seat caves in.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Cyberknight: 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ikenna351:

Don't stoop this low in arguing over this. It appears you really don't know the racism that has been going on in Top gear with regards to French, not just a Peugeot company.

When a racist or tribalist wants to review something from a tribe or race he hates, what exactly do you expect to get? Even positives will be twisted to look negative when such fellow speaks.

Anyway, I have been getting more calls and messages from people that have seen and read this thread, indicating interest to own lions. So, guys, please keep updating the thread. It really helps.

Ikenna

Clarkson's prejudices, biases and other pet hates are well known to the people who watch this programme, and I would think reasonably well-informed people don't bother with a lot of the stuff he spews most of the time. As a matter of fact, in his prejudices and biases, Mr. Clarkson is a typical Englishman. The English are an insular and slightly xenophobic nation, who are quite disturbed about the fact that their country hosts one of the most multicultural areas on the world in London. Why else do you think his programme is so popular? He says the things that a lot of his countrymen feel.

I view Top Gear more as light comedy with occasional flashes of seriousness and brilliance and a lot of testosterone and as such I would refrain from adopting views espoused by such a programme as gospel except when I am reasonably familiar with the subject matter in question. For example, I have never driven (or even seen) a limited edition Ferrari or a Lambo or some of the exotic cars they get to play with on the programme and as so I have no opinion w,r.t these cars or the merits thereof. However the 407 and or the 607 and a couple of the other Pugs they bashed and so forth I do know a bit about, enough to state that I agree with their view in said instance.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 11:24pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ikenna351:

Ikenna

I don't see it that way, and neither should yhu . I doubt if the parody was racially motivated because I've watched an episode where the rover brand was utterly decimated by the clarkson/Hammond duo. And Rover was Brittsh. Although, the Top Gear presenters have been accused of racism and all kind of phobia (they're currently in a spat with Mexico over racist slurs used in an episode), methinks we have become too sensitive to gestures and words and so on that even harmless jokes are analysed and interpreted in the meanest possible way.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
Cyberknight:

Clarkson's prejudices, biases and other pet hates are well known to the people who watch this programme, and I would think reasonably well-informed people don't bother with a lot of the stuff he spews most of the time. As a matter of fact, in his prejudices and biases, Mr. Clarkson is a typical Englishman. The English are an insular and slightly xenophobic nation, who are quite disturbed about the fact that their country hosts one of the most multicultural areas on the world in London. Why else do you think his programme is so popular? He says the things that a lot of his countrymen feel.

I view Top Gear more as light comedy with occasional flashes of seriousness and brilliance and a lot of testosterone and as such I would refrain from adopting views espoused by such a programme as gospel except when I am reasonably familiar with the subject matter in question. For example, I have never driven (or even seen) a limited edition Ferrari or a Lambo or some of the exotic cars they get to play with on the programme and as so I have no opinion w,r.t these cars or the merits thereof. However the 407 and or the 607 and a couple of the other Pugs they bashed and so forth I do know a bit about, enough to state that I agree with their view in said instance.

Yhur assertion on the Top gear team is largely correct.
However, their points on the terribleness of peugeot majorly bordered on the Looks, ergonomics and electrics. Hammond for all I care trashed that 407 for nothing. Same with Clarkson. Now do tell. How many 407s have yhu seen on the road driving so wobbly, causing traffic buildups and crashing anyhow? And how many 307s have yhu had to rescue from fires due to HVAC manfunction or some electric short circuiting? Don't know about yhur location, buh wherr I stay, we have more than a fair share of Peugeots. I drive a 407. She drives straight. Haven't crashed it yet. Aircon's good. And so far I haven't noticed or gone to rescue any 307s from burning. My principal has been using her 307 since 2003. I visited early in the year, the car was still there.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 14, 2015
Raymie:
Ikenna likes his misery, let him enjoy it. He doesn't need to look for co travelers. The military, judiciary, bank, government who use Pugs as utility vehicles are more than enough co travelers that share in his "misery" Enjoy yhur 1999 w202 c class which currently has lower resale value than the camry/corolla of same year. BTW if yhu know wherr I can get the exhaust manifold of a 1999 w202 C230 US spec, kindly lemme kno. A colleague in 'enjoyment' needs it.

I don't drive a 99 w202 C class! Lower resale value you say? Ladipo is a place to look at

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 14, 2015
Raymie:

And yes. Rust does make a car un driveable when engine components are affected. Or when yhur drivers seat caves in.

Your sins are all pardoned since you drive a 3 prong Star vehicle..... Rust affects specific models of Mercedes..... But not electric, engine and transmission issues like the Peugeot

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by abatically(m): 9:32am On Mar 14, 2015
Ikenna351:

Ikenna

Racism u say? When a British man bashes a British car, it is normal. But when he bashes a French car, then it becomes racism. Racism is an excuse an average black man gives whenever things aren't going his way. As if clarkson didn't bash some landrover models which is a British company.

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Cyberknight: 9:45am On Mar 14, 2015
Raymie:

Yhur assertion on the Top gear team is largely correct.
However, their points on the terribleness of peugeot majorly bordered on the Looks, ergonomics and electrics. Hammond for all I care trashed that 407 for nothing. Same with Clarkson. Now do tell. How many 407s have yhu seen on the road driving so wobbly, causing traffic buildups and crashing anyhow? And how many 307s have yhu had to rescue from fires due to HVAC manfunction or some electric short circuiting? Don't know about yhur location, buh wherr I stay, we have more than a fair share of Peugeots. I drive a 407. She drives straight. Haven't crashed it yet. Aircon's good. And so far I haven't noticed or gone to rescue any 307s from burning. My principal has been using her 307 since 2003. I visited early in the year, the car was still there.

It was James May you mean, not Hammond, that's the short chap. Obviously they Top Gear chaps were not placing those cars in the late 80s Daewoo Racer category, for example, but trying to point up their contention that such a consistent series of flaws in recent Peugeot cars is quite unusual from a reputable manufacturer. This does not mean that all the Pugs are falling to bits or catching fire on the road; the feature bordered on satire, you understand.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2015
Good morning everyone.

I appreciate all those who called and sent me messages/mails, indicating interest in 607 after going through this thread and all my posts on Peugeots in Nairaland. Like I promised, I would review and explain all the systems in the wonderful amazing powerful lion, 607. What marveled me was even with Nay Sayers/ dream killers mission on this thread, you guys chose to listen to your hearts. It gives me joy that Nigerians have started to say no to mind virus going on on social sites; that Nigerians are beginning to follow their bliss and their hearts, rather than live miserable life, trying to live by "peoples approval". Thank God I left that miserable life called comfort zone and my life has been fulfilling and magical ever since.

Never forget this: "Do not ever let any human being choose and define your happiness for you!". The power in you is more than the world around you. I am living testimony to that.

Now, I will start the lecture on Peugeot 607 entire systems, by breaking them post by posts. Relax and enjoy!

Here it comes.

Ikenna
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
Ikenna351:

So wrong in every way. I don't even know where to start. The poor Lion was obviously abused and you don't abuse a car and expect it to be problem free. Electrical problems indeed!

Ikenna
I was expecting you to talk since, u r welcom sir
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
PEUGEOT 607 ELECTRICALS.

Peugeot 607 has two electrical systems, depending on the production year: Phase I (1999- early 2004), phase II (late 2004-2010).

The electrical system the phase I 607 has is called partial multiplexing (VAN-bus). It means more wires in the car. Its a very reliable system. Now, what makes it interesting is, its the same electrical system in this 607 that 206, 406 (early D9), etc, have. No difference. The funny thing is that some ignorant people would try to infect you with this mind virus that 607 electrical systems are very problematic, they are very unreliable, they would give it all negative names you could imagine. Like Jesus Christ said, my people perish in ignorance. But I wonder if Jesus Christ could see how right he was and still is. I mean, they not only perish in ignorance, but they gloat about their ignorance. For example, I could remember when the ignorant one would tell you, "Peugeot 406 electricals are problematic, they fail apart after 100,000 km; they are this, they are that". But now, visit Abuja. Every nook and cranny of Abuja is filled up with this same 406 no one wants to touched. Everyone wants to drive 406 in Abuja, even if its the cheap one shipped in and converted from RHD- LHD, just to have the marvelous looking and agile Lion. Why the change of mind all of a sudden? Because why you are busy telling the world how bad the lion was, your very next Neighbor is driving his or hers, year after year, smiling, yet you are there eating yourself up in antagonism and negativity for a car you probably don't know what the ignition key looks like, let alone ever sat behind the steering wheel, yet you seem to know much about the car more than the true owners that have driven theirs for years and not even thinking of changing them or planning to upgrade to another lion, after years of joyful ownership of these 406s. So people took the bold step, starting buying and using and found how wrong they were before. I still remember several calls and mails I had received in the past stating what I have just explained , "How wrong they were before about 406".

My point is, after years of studies, troubleshooting and repairs, and ownerships of these lions, I authoritatively tell you, there is no single difference between VAN-bus in 406 and VAN-bus in 607 phase I and 206 with VAN-bus. What differs is how many gadgets. But people have let their mind get so filled up with their fellow human being hates and wrong information on these lions, that they would rather stay in that comfort zone and would always salivate whenever a 607 passes them than finding out (for themselves) truly how reliable, durable and fun this Lion can be. People have become so inferior to themselves that somebody else must know better than themselves, he must be right, they are right, etc.

One funny part is when they would say, "The majority said this, so they must be right". Well, Majority said to Harold, " You must Crucify Jesus Christ, even though we know he is innocent. Let his blood be on our heads and our children's children's head for crucifying an innocent man". That's the majority for you. When you doubt the power within you to decide what and how you want your life to be, rather, let the world or majority decide for you.

Coming up next is Fully Multiplexing 607 and why some 607s give electrical issues to their owners.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
Somebody does not really get the gist.....knowledge or going to learn about a vehicle's wiring is not the purpose of owning a car..... Turning to a mechanic is also not the purpose.... I for one will not gloat over a car that's viewed as a reject and a nightmare in the continent where its manufactured just to feel good or go to the extent of conning innocent people to embark on a journey of misery .....

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 2:44pm On Mar 14, 2015
PEUGEOT 607 ELECTRICALS cont'd

Fully Multiplexing 607 phase II: These are series II 607, a handsome Pininfarina design, one of a kind Lion. The fully multiplexing simply means they have less wires than the early series. Also as reliable as the succeeded one. It comes with different improved suspension systems as well, one of the best ever produced and used in Lions. The Variable steering feel on the V6 models is out of this world, including the variable suspension. I could go on and on. It's an outstanding Lion!

Now, the same electrical system we have in this 607 models is what you will find in 407, 807, 307, etc. Again, everyone wants to own, drive and enjoy 407 in Abuja. 407 is increasing on daily basis on Abuja roads. The way they enjoy their electrics is the way the 607 phase II would put smile on your face too, if you try one.
But here is the problem, People, especially most Nigerians, can't help abusing their vehicles. It's that bad. For example, about 2 people brought their 407 to me to troubleshoot and fix issues with the lions. On opening the bonnets, wires were butchered and left littered all over the engine bay. Now it gets funny. Everytime I open the drivers door, the electric radiator fans would trigger on and start spinning, even when ignition keys were not in ignition switches, as long as car batteries were still connected. On closer inspection, it was a terrible connection done at the fan housing, trying to bypass factory fan connections to spin constantly as soon as ignition comes on that caused that. These Peugeot cars are not designed to be abused. In this case, the electrical abuses were so bad that BSI unit partially crashed and started using Driver's door as radiator fan trigger. I could remember telling one of them that no way I would plug in my scan tool in that lion for fear of damaging my device, for you need to see what a fellow human being did on a system that should be remove and plug when something needs attention.

So the same group of persons would go online and tell the world that "Peugeot cars are this and that". But no one has ever bothered to check the history behind that car. Car is garbage in garbage out. What you give is what you get. It's not the other way round. People that appreciate what they have don't allow another being to touch what they value anyhow in the name of trial and error troubleshooting. Sometimes, the owners are the cause of these abuses, by even directing the mechanics to carry out these butchering of wires and bypassing of factory wiring connections. What can I say. Peugeots are not made for people with poor maintenance culture and also not made for people who don't appreciate what they have. It is that simple.

Still on electrical system, the same Bosch ME7.6.4 injection we have in 406, is the same in 607, no difference whatsoever.

The same way a 406 can be very durable and reliable lion, is the same way a 607 is.

What I find funny is, when a fuse or headlight bulb fails or blows in a 607, it becomes "unreliable" to an anti-Peugeot or Nay Sayers. But when a suspension fails frequently or a knock sensor fails frequently and damage engine in another brand of car, it becomes "normal wear and tear and evidence of reliability" to the same anti-Peugeot.

Coming next is the Peugeot 607 mechanicals.

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 3:35pm On Mar 14, 2015
PEUGEOT 607 MECHANICALS:

I have heard people mistakenly say, "406 engine, 407 engine or 607 engine". That is wrong. There is no such thing. We don't have anything like 607 engine or 406 engine. What we have is engine families.

Why did I say so, the same exact (Identical, not similar) petrol and diesel engines we have in 406, 407, 807, etc, are the same identical or exact engines we have in 607, no exception. Let me put in another way, there is no difference between Petrol and Diesel engines and gearboxes (auto and manual) in 406 and that of 607.

Some people that have called or mailed me to find out if truly lions are reliable as I usually say, since that have developed interest. They would always say, "I want to go for a Peugeot 406 because I heard 406 engines are more reliable and durable than other lions." That's what probably they learnt from uniformed people online and thought that must be the case.

So if you believed that transmissions in 406 or 407 are good, then that's is applicable to the ones in 607, because they are the same identical transmissions.

So, the information I passing to everyone is the powertrains in 406, 407 or 607 are all the same, depending on production years or phases.

So you have nothing to worry about.

You can find differences in suspensions, brake components, etc.

Abuse of powertrain is what people indulge in and create nightmares for themselves. When Peugeot specifically asked you the owner to use this oil available in Nigeria, you will choose groundnut oil over the manufacturers recommended oil. When Peugeot says don't tamper with Auto transmission oil or use this ATF oil grade and brand, you will prefer to use Abro ATF in the transmission. When Peugeot says , bleed your cooling systems properly with method recommended by Peugeot whenever you work on your cooling system, you would prefer to bleed the system with another brand bleeding method, forgetting that the routing of cooling systems differ from car brand to another and there was a reason you were asked to bleed it this way.

Last month, February 2015, someone had an overheating issue with his 607 here in Abuja. I was called to come and help. When I got there, I couldn't think of any reason why the system would not overheat. I mean, half of the cooling system hoses that passes coolant on the engine were all cut off and blocked, leaving only 1 or 2 connected to the engine. Funny enough, it was a V6 engine. How do you expect that V6 engine temperature to remain normal when coolant doesn't circulate inside the engine as designed, when they have almost been cut off and blocked from circulating? If the person comes up tomorrow and post online how Peugeot 607 engines are always overheating and unreliable, I believe the anti -Peugeots would smile, right? Of course, the history what led to those issues is irrelevant, right?

I have seen and own these Lions over years to know how good these lions can truly be when an owner decides to appreciate what he/she has by not abusing them. Funny enough, In the course of troubleshooting and fixing lions for people over the years, I have met quite a number of young ladies who drives these lions for years and their lions still look like they just started using them. And to crown it all, they love their lions. My concern now , how come men are the ones running around on online preaching how unreliable these lions? Sometimes, it does make sense that "Women can do better" than most men, actually.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2015
The while point is,

What you think,

What you feel,

And what manifests in your life,

Is always a match,

Every single time,

No exception

What does the above means, if you think negatively of what you have or what you think you want to have, you will always experience negative experience against that thing because that's what you focus on, negativity. You will subconsciously and consciously be on look out for negative and that will become your experience. You can't have peace using that thing because you always expect something negative to come out of that. The unfortunate thing about being a negative human being is that it will translate to everything you do in life, to the point that it would be so obvious to people around you and no one likes staying around an antagonistic fellow.

If you like a Peugeot 607, find someone that understands the system and knows the secret/tips on how to enjoy such ownership . Make your decision by yourself and do what your hearts tells you. Because, at the end of the day, you are the one to own and drive the lion. There are so many good things in life waiting for us to pick and be joyful which is the main reason we are here for on Earth. It's left for you to pick one that pleases you. My happiness cannot/maynot be your happiness. The worst thing you can do to yourself is to sacrifice your happiness your happiness to please the world. The wealthiest men on Earth have one thing in common: They are doing different things to be and remain wealthy. Find yours and break away from the Nay Sayers that wants to keep you in that circle that will make your life a struggling one for the rest of your life.

Happiness is what brings in more, not how many prayer points you have been praying for decades. As for me, I have found one of my happiness and that is Peugeot. I don't know about you.

Thank you.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 4:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
SmartChoices:
Somebody does not really get the gist.....knowledge or going to learn about a vehicle's wiring is not the purpose of owning a car..... Turning to a mechanic is also not the purpose.... I for one will not gloat over a car that's viewed as a reject and a nightmare in the continent where its manufactured just to feel good or go to the extent of conning innocent people to embark on a journey of misery .....

Young man, be careful in yhur choice of words here. If yhu're that concerned about people being 'conned' into buying 'rejects', kindly engage yhur 'smart' brain, get off yhur obviously lazy arse and design something worthwhile. Typical Nigerian. All mouth, no motion.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
Raymie:

Young man, be careful in yhur choice of words here. If yhu're that concerned about people being 'conned' into buying 'rejects', kindly engage yhur 'smart' brain, get off yhur obviously lazy arse and design something worthwhile. Typical Nigerian. All mouth, no motion.

Oga swerve go one side...and park that your big mouth there ...your elders are talking.. Mind you I won't dignify you with a response again... Cos I can see you obviously wake your father with a kick in the morning.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
Raymie:

Seriously when I talk about Mercedes am not reffering to the cheapest types your ilks can afford....rust ridden cars you take to baba raimi to paint for you.... Certainly your driver's seat will drop off in motion... Don't quote me again..
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by nurey(m): 5:46pm On Mar 14, 2015
SmartChoices:

Seriously when I talk about Mercedes am not reffering to the cheapest types your ilks can afford....rust ridden cars you take to baba raimi to paint for you.... Certainly your driver's seat will drop off in motion... Don't quote me again..

Please raymie and smartchoice, let's cool down and enjoy Mr ikenna's break down on the peugeot 607, you can learn one or two things from it. After the review then you can throw in questions and abnormalities you experienced with a peugeot and I am sure experts will help out.

You stand to gain and others will also gain after all no man is an island of knowledge. Thank you

When I came to nairaland, the car that was bashed then was a VW passat, once you mention that car, they always tell you RUN, RUN but I am not deterred by that, the passat and jetta a now very much common and around and if I am opportuned to purchase a sedan, it definitely going to be a PASSAT CC with diesel engine.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
Nurey y a Passat cc with a diesel engine
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by abatically(m): 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
SmartChoices:

He just doesn't get it. All these epistles for what? Does it change anything? Does it change the fact that 607 didn't sell more than 1,000 units in 2010, or does it change the fact that it is plagued with electrical issues and nobody is interested in becoming a mechanic in other to enjoy his car?

The thing is Peugeot's are in no man's land, they don't know where they belong at the moment. They try to make cars that tend to have everything and perfect in nothing. They make cars that can't stand the Germans in luxury and performance, and they still trail the Japanese in reliability, yet their cars are pricey. This is why they aren't selling... If I want performance and luxury I'll German, if I want reliability and easy to maintain I'll go Japanese.
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
abatically:

He just doesn't get it. All these epistles for what? Does it change anything? Does it change the fact that 607 didn't sell more than 1,000 units in 2010, or does it change the fact that it is plagued with electrical issues and nobody is interested in becoming a mechanic in other to enjoy his car?
My points exactly before that boy without a father figure came with his loud mouth
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 6:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
SmartChoices:

"Old age is no protection against foolishness" -German Proverb.
In yhur own case, yhu sadly are of no utilitarian value to both yhurself and to society. I will be doing yhur parents a great disservice by including them in our fray. Yhu're enough issues for them as it is. Do yhurself a favor and heed my advice. Engage yhur 'smart' brain, design something worthwhile, and I'd sing yhur brand's praises to the heavens. Buh since yhu apparently cannot do so, other than spam @Kuntash's Mercedes thread with yhur never ending complaints and vague arguments with people more knowledgeable than yhurself, then I suggest yhu kindly shut up, allow Peugeot drivers drown in their misery and probably expose @Ikenna351 for the con that he is. Enjoy yhur weekend.

P/S, I quoted yhu again.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Raymie(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
nurey:

Please raymie and smartchoice, let's cool down and enjoy Mr ikenna's break down on the peugeot 607, you can learn one or two things from it. After the review then you can throw in questions and abnormalities you experienced with a peugeot and I am sure experts will help out.

You stand to gain and others will also gain after all no man is an island of knowledge. Thank you

When I came to nairaland, the car that was bashed then was a VW passat, once you mention that car, they always tell you RUN, RUN but I am not deterred by that, the passat and jetta a now very much common and around and if I am opportuned to purchase a sedan, it definitely going to be a PASSAT CC with diesel engine.

Why would someone due to his hatred of something resort to dropping both veiled and open insults towards another's person? A person he probably has neither seen nor encountered before. To what end? And he calls himself an elder. Yhu hate Peugeot, fine. Yhu think the car has issues, valid. But going to call someone delusional, and a con is IMHO totally uncalled for. Has he conned yhu or any person yhu know before. Let our biases not drive us to blind hate, especially when we can't do any better ourselves. Now @Smartchoices had resorted to insulting my parentage and upbringing of which I know is far more decent than his (not his parents' fault. They just bore a terrible child). I'm not as fanatical about Pugs as @Ikenna351, though I drive one. I am privileged to have owned and driven other brands, and each vehicle and brand do have their merits and faults. This Ikenna that @Smartchoice and @Abatically take pleasure in deriding, despite his apparent inclinations does treat other brands and models on their merit. Its then one old man that spams the Merc thread with endless complaints and fruitless arguments that I will listen to? On what basis? To learn how to troll? (Apparently he became so disgusted with his previous NL persona and decided to deactivate his account and has set about redisgusting himself again, this time in plural form).

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by praxisnetworks: 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
Peugeot 607
Worldwide Production Worldwide sales
2004 TBA 18,100[4]
2005 TBA 19,100[4]
2006 TBA 10,500[4]
2007 TBA 7,500[4]
2008 TBA 3,900[4]
2009 900 1,900[4]
2010 1,000 1,000[5]
2011 TBA 53[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_607
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by praxisnetworks: 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
you are courting trouble....going through the thread its very clear you started throwing the insults ab initio...so why complain if the other person responds....he who beats a war drum must brace hiimself up ....to receive the dancers!

Raymie:

Why would someone due to his hatred of something resort to dropping both veiled and open insults towards another's person? A person he probably has neither seen nor encountered before. To what end? And he calls himself an elder. Yhu hate Peugeot, fine. Yhu think the car has issues, valid. But going to call someone delusional, and a con is IMHO totally uncalled for. Has he conned yhu or any person yhu know before. Let our biases not drive us to blind hate, especially when we can't do any better ourselves. Now @Smartchoices had resorted to insulting my parentage and upbringing of which I know is far more decent than his (not his parents' fault. They just bore a terrible child). I'm not as fanatical about Pugs as @Ikenna351, though I drive one. I am privileged to have owned and driven other brands, and each vehicle and brand do have their merits and faults. This Ikenna that @Smartchoice and @Abatically take pleasure in deriding, despite his apparent inclinations does treat other brands and models on their merit. Its then one old man that spams the Merc thread with endless complaints and fruitless arguments that I will listen to? On what basis? To learn how to troll? (Apparently he became so disgusted with his previous NL persona and decided to deactivate his account and has set about redisgusting himself again, this time in plural form).
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by nurey(m): 9:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
SmartChoices:
Nurey y a Passat cc with a diesel engine

VW left a mark in my heart with their convertible golfs and the bora and jetta days.

I just like the aerodynamics of the passat cc looks like a state of the Art merc CLS. Why a diesel variant? Cause I want to enjoy luxury yet maintaining a good fuel economy above all I am a GREEN person grin
Re: How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? by Ikenna351(m): 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
Raymie:

Like I pointed earlier in one of my post, when someone comes online to criticize or tell the world how passionately he hates a Peugeot, there is a history that holds the truth behind that antagonism.

Smartchoice/Smartchoices used to be a member of the WhatsApp Peugeot community I created. But just like you have seen him doing here, he was busy on the same mission in,the community. Of course, I created the community and know the aim of creating it. To bring lion owners together in the den, share joyful experiences, help each other out on issues with their lions and see each other as lions and lionesses that we are. I didn't create the community for anyone to to come and discourage anyone in the house from using Peugeot or turn the house to anti-Peugeot house. So, I removed him from the house, after a long patience with him, hoping that he would change.

So what you see him doing here is "to get back to Ikenna351" for not letting him accomplish his mission to destroy the community. So let him continue with his insults because I honestly don't feel such things anymore, after I found the power in me. I wont sacrifice that happiness I have found to stoop low to that level anymore to anyone.

Funny enough, while he and his colleagues are busy with hatred on Ikenna351 and Peugeot, I am busy moving up. For instance, Peugeot Paris, the Peugeot headquarters, knows that I, Ikenna351, exist. They have called and we have spoken. PAN knows that I, Ikenna351, also exist. I have not only met and spoke with their Management, I also chat with their ogas on personal note. Smartchoices called me a mechanic, thinking that would sound derogatory to me. Fortunately, that's a big compliment to me, honestly speaking. You know why? Because Nigerians benefit from the knowledge I have acquired on Peugeot systems. Not just Nigerians, the world. Recently in North America, people that still drive 505 V6 are asked to seek Ikenna (me) who lives in Nigeria to give solutions to their 505 V6 issues. The North American 505 community have been benefiting from me by sending money to me to buy parts and ship to them in USA and Canada. My name is world Peugeot owners lips. So, do you think I will be bothered about whatever he anyone in Nairaland thinks of me anymore?

There is something you need to understand. Even if 1 million people hates your message, there are 5 million people out there waiting to hear and accept that message. That's what happened to Jesus Christ even when his people never bothered about his existence, yet the entire world did.

And finally, I don't need to prove myself to anybody anymore, since the day I found the power I possess within me. How do I mean? When Satan tried to tempt Jesus Christ to jump off a mountain, nothing stopped Jesus Christ from doing that to prove to Satan that indeed that he posses that power. But first, he knew that there is a Law of nature against it, which is the law of gravity. He didn't need to break a law to prove himself or a point to Satan. Also he didn't need to do that to prove to Satan that yes, He is the King of Kings. My point is, whatever any human thinks of me doesn't matter to me anymore, because I have discovered that no one deserve sacrificing my happiness and I now create my reality with power in me, move up higher and higher.

I am taking my time to tell you all these because I pleaded with you earlier to ignore them. Why? People, Nigerians, are still buying Peugeots on daily basis irrespective of what few Nairaland members think of the brand. Brand new Peugeots on Abuja road are increasing every day. So don't let few uninformed get you upset because they will only end up pulling you down to their level. Because you lose when you are in sad mood, while you gain abundance in life when there is joy and happiness filling your heart. Simply, wish them well and wish for them to change from antagonistic life .

The fear of a Lion, is the beginning of wisdom.

Ikenna

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers / 2019 Toyota Hiace Bus Unveiled (photos) / Container Falls On Range Rover In Oyo, Truck Driver Flees (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.