Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,826 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. (3702 Views)

Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya / Buhari A Corrupt Liar: His Daughters School Fee At Surrey University Is £16,000 / Most Corrupt Nigerian Leaders In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by SisiKill1: 2:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
werepeLeri: What do you think Nigeria would have been like if the above were true?

Empty?
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by drzed: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
Ijogz K: A change would only happen if we can split up.. The country is too large for Illiterates to control.. Its easier for illiterate to manage small businesses and organization.. It takes an intellectual and experienced hand to manage a multinational organization... That's the exact case we have here in Naija

I am in support of this argument and your analogy.

Nigeria is just too complicated for mediocres and illiterates. An uneducated person is better suited to managing a wheel-barrow of Omo or Garri in the market place, than being the MD or CEO of Pfizer or Microsoft.

Although we do have intelligent ones among us, those who are asked to vote (and defend their votes) will view the candidates from the prism of tribe or religion. Therefore, let us simplify the equation. Break up the country or give each sub-region 90% political and economic autonomy. Whichever region elects a monkey should expect banana governance.

It is that simple, really.
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by Cine(m): 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2012
As you can see, Nigeria has a LONG way to go politically; and probably up to 90% of us dont even know how far and how hard the journey will be. This is the real tragedy of our system as it is today

A good post.

Not much I can really add to it. The elite benefit from the ignorance of the population (it's pretty much true everywhere but taken to extreme in the less developed countries).

It will take a really long time. Look to the next generation as (since independence) our parents and grand parents have failed us.
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 18, 2012
Nigeria without a corrupt Nigerian is no Nigeria!
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by toyeoye(m): 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2012
IMAGINE LIFE WITHOUTH OXYGEN WTFIMAGINE LIFE WITHOUTH OXYGEN WTFIMAGINE LIFE WITHOUTH OXYGEN WTF
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by ebamma(m): 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2012
which year go be dat?
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by greenhouse2012: 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2012
There is an old Nigeria- the country where corruption, mediocrity and selfishness have been institutionalized. Wrong is right in this dispensation and so you are said to be slack if you insist on what is right(wrong in the old times). Lets have young people who refuse to think like those before them. Lets have young people who play their roles with new thinking and innovation. People who respect the dignity of the Human life. Lets have Governors whose works rather than billboards speak for them. People reasonable enough to embark on projects that will outlive their tenure in office.
The people need water to flow in homes.They need schools-real schools, they need electricity, they need health care; they need to live older than 48years.The old thinking is that we are poor, we cant afford those basic things.The new thinking, however, is "how can we go about it?". Why are our towns and cities unplanned? why are our roads untarred? are these things not important?
I am the Governor, I grew up in the village, I was without shoes when I was young. Several years after, in the same village where I grew up, my brothers, uncles, sisters, cousins, nephews and nieces have remained without schools, hospitals and clean water. Why have we refused to identify with these ones. Why do we leave them to suffer. We build beautiful houses and fence them in for the fear that somone might attack us;someone we refused to provide for in this year's budget. Everyone wants a part of the cake and some will take it by force if it doesn't come to them freely.
Let us shun hypocrisy. God is light and in him there is no darkness. If we say we love God and do not love the man whom we see, we lie. There are beggars everywhere. Asking from those who can barely help. Old men and women, some who have served the nation with all their strenght. Why have we refused to be loyal to these ones.
Nigeria is not an inanimate object. Nigeria is made of people, so we cannot serve Nigeria without serving the people. We cannot love without the people.
Young man think fresh. Say no to all forms corruption. What you sow you shall reap. Corruption destroys the corrupt.
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by Roland17(m): 6:06pm On Jun 18, 2012
That would only have to be heaven grin grin
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by Cupidkc(m): 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2012
Dnt evn imagine...

'Nigeria is synonymous to 1st class corruption'
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by Jummyrano: 6:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
We'll get there someday! I just cant tell when cos an average Nigerian like to patch things up
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by werepeLeri: 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2012
chimuchi: [size=28pt]its impossible. so lets just leave the imaginary imagination. no time for all these hallucinations and lets move forward. this post is like dreaming. no time. [/size]

Honestly, English Language seems to be your problem.
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by werepeLeri: 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2012
begwong: @op,Can you name any place on this planet that is corruption free?
No i guess,so until then!

Is that how you imagine?
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by werepeLeri: 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2012
Ola one: Another head-in-the-clouds, ignore-reality utopianism on Nairaland.

Others are thinking 'bout the future, my people are daydreaming. O ga oo lipsrsealed undecided

Hmm . . . castle in the air. lipsrsealed

Big enlgish but nothing said - u fail to grasp the ability to imagine.
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2012
Nigeria without a corrupt Nigerian will be like the aftermath of a Nuclear war. Empty!
Re: Imagine A Nigeria Without A Corrupt Nigerian. by bestofthisyear(m): 12:32am On Jun 19, 2012
Utopia.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Light Of The Nation Will As Usual Determine Who Rules The Heartland(Photos) / Jonathan Commissions N4.4bn Edo/Delta Link Bridge / History In Pictures, Never Seen Before.. Enjoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.