Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,038 members, 7,807,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport (15367 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by 0k2NVme: 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2012
oyb:
seems our aviation minister has her own moles on nairaland

who wuold have thought, BA is now affiliated with the department of defense

pathetic

these are the sort of brains hired by our fg to spread propaganda

a pilot would intend to use a closed taxiway - do you think a pilot has the mentality of a danfo driver ?

or are you implying that the air traffic controllers are mannequins who do not instruct pilots on where to land?

this is beyond shameful - our fg is jumping from one air disaster to another near miss and their monkeys run around on the internet spreading falsehoods

TRY THIS LINK https://www.notams.faa.gov/dinsQueryWeb/
ENTER ICAO DNAA INTO THE QUERY. I GAVE YOU A LINK AFTER THE QUERY SO YOU GOT A SERVER ERROR MESSAGE.

AM NOT WORKING FOR ANYONE. YOU TOOL

Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by 0k2NVme: 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2012
oyb:

pathetic

a pilot would intend to use a closed taxiway - do you think a pilot has the mentality of a danfo driver ?

or are you implying that the air traffic controllers are mannequins who do not instruct pilots on where to land?

this is beyond shameful - our fg is jumping from one air disaster to another near miss and their monkeys run around on the internet spreading falsehoods

I DID NOT WANT TO JOIN ISSUES WITH YOUR F00LISH SELF BUT I GUESS IT WOULD BE SAFE TO CALL YOU AN APE AT BEST
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by otokx(m): 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2012
Interesting
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2012
typical of our fg muppets

when busted divert with insults

expect the gifs at any moment

[size=28pt]PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT BUSINESS COMMERCIAL AIRLINERS HAVE WITH A DOD WEBSITE[/size]

Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 17, 2012
perhaps stellas muppet can explain to us why the NCAA website is offline?

these are the disgraceful internet thugs who will be telling us 'the woman is trying' - the sort of people who wil celebrate a mechanic for panel beating and respraying a car that is not road worthy

Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by manny4life(m): 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2012
1forall: monkeyleg = manny4life? wink

Dude, quit smoking that crack you're on, don't you ever associate my name with someone else. I have enough dignity and respect for myself; I don't have no two id's...So please, quit the crack cool cool cool
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by manny4life(m): 4:26pm On Jun 17, 2012
@OYB, next time you want to make a screen shot, preferably CLOSE YOUR TABS before the screen print. Besides, did you not see that it's an FAA website? undecided undecided undecided

Can't you see the FAA Logo on there as well? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2012
must be the hangover from all your stout over the weekenbd - abeg someone should show me faa logo

faa has become dod ? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

my screenshot practices are non of your darn business - bloody forum nazi

meanwhile for the dunces and internet nazis who have no idea how to scout for information -

Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2012

Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by 1forall: 4:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
manny4life:

Dude, quit smoking that crack you're on, don't you ever associate my name with someone else. I have enough dignity and respect for myself; I don't have no two id's...So please, quit the crack cool cool cool

Such paradox cheesy
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by 0k2NVme: 4:53pm On Jun 17, 2012
[size=20pt]YOU ARE A F00L. THIS IS THE ONLY FREE WEBSITE WHERE AVIATORS CAN GET UP TO DATE INFORMATION.

I HAVE TO SAY THIS BUT I FEEL YOU AND YOUR "I TO KNOW " TYPES FEEL IF YOU DONT KNOW IT IT CANT BE KNOWN.

I HAVE WORKED IN AVIATION, CONSTRUCTION, MARITIME AND ALSO THE MILITARY.

DON'T DEGRADE ME TO YOUR ANCESTRAL TRIBAL POLITICS.

WHAT I STATED IS ALL FACTS AND FROM BOTH CONSTRUCTION GUYS ON SITE, ATC OFFICERS AND ALSO BRITISH AIRWAYS HANDLERS.

KEEP HATING ON STELLA.

YOU UGLY 5 STAR IBADAN SERGEANT.[/size]
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by manny4life(m): 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2012
oyb: must be the hangover from all your stout over the weekenbd - abeg someone should show me faa logo

faa has become dod ? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

my screenshot practices are non of your darn business - bloody forum nazi

meanwhile for the dunces and internet nazis who have no idea how to scout for information -

You claimed that was a Defense website, I told you no it was, it was an FAA website, which if you clearly looked at it, it said, for DOD only. For General Aviation, Charter or Commercial flights, this is the right website https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/PilotWeb/, for DoD flights, that's the one he posted, both managed by FAA. Get your FACTS together, THAT IS NOT A DoD but an FAA website.

Sorry, I was giving a friendly advice and you call me Nazi, well, that shows how much love you have for yourself.

1forall:

Such paradox cheesy

Be it as it may, if I contradict myself, that's your problem but please QUIT THE CRACK.
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by 0k2NVme: 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2012
CLICK ON THIS LINK
https://www.notams.faa.gov/dinsQueryWeb/
[s]https://www.notams.faa.gov/dinsQueryWeb/queryRetrievalMapAction.do[/s]

ENTER THE ICAO ID FOR ABUJA WHICH IS DNAA ON THE QUERY ENGINE

IF YOU CANT FIGURE IT OUT THEN I CANT HELP YOUR ACN SUPPORTING PDP HATING A55
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by 0k2NVme: 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2012
I guess somebody is feeling really f00lish now
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by 0k2NVme: 5:16pm On Jun 17, 2012
ehiabj: This is a big lie, my sister was on that flight and the BA pilot announced to them and the run way was slippery due to the rain!
Nairaland pls verify ur info before sharing.....

Heavy rain occurred late at night between 2330utc and 0230utc. the flight arrived around 5am local time. the runway would still have been wet but not flooded. runways are designed to get rid of flood as quickly as possible.

The BA pilot used that as an excuse to his passengers since they where stranded on the runway for about 20mins.

Julius Berger was called in to open a section of the closed taxiway to allow the aircraft taxi to the international apron.

Ask your sis if the aircraft taxied on its ownw back to the international apron or where they evacuated on the spot?

Also did the aircraft run out of runway? the same aircraft was used later on to ferry passengers back to london.

BA pilots are just like your average Brit so full of complain and excuses
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2012
0k2NVme: BIG LIE!
The flight in question never overshot the runnway.
The airport runway lightning system is currently being rehabilitated.
A section of the 4000m runnway has been cordoned off leaving about 2600m and just one runway for landings and takeoffs (RWY04).
Also a taxiway leading to the domestic apron has been closed. A NOTAM was issued by the relevant agency notifying pilots on this development.
The BA pilot in question DID NOT overshoot the runnway but intended to use the closed taxiway. On getting to it he met it closed. Since the aircraft can't reverse and there was no way of towing the aircraft by the handlers (Nahco or Sahcol) Tower was notified and the services of Julius Berger were notified.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/731343_Capture_JPGfd4c8e59b8a7add298869bd9fef2417c
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 17, 2012
ok2nve - berra find ya way back to ya internet p-orn

https://www.nairaland.com/966530/whores-loved#11139822
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by 0k2NVme: 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2012
an aircraft that overshoots the runway would end up in the grass, hitting ILS systems and approach lights doing severe damage to the landing gear.

that same overshooting aircraft still flew passengers back to the UK on schedule.
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by 0k2NVme: 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2012
oyb: ok2nve - berra find ya way back to ya internet p-orn

https://www.nairaland.com/966530/whores-loved#11139822

admit it. you lose
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by 0k2NVme: 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2012
mods get this b.s off the front page
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by ojofree: 5:54pm On Jun 17, 2012
This is all GEJ's fault..why did he permit airport repairs when he knows airplanes will be landing there.

LWKMD
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by Turbocharged: 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2012
oyb:

pathetic

Stu.pid.ity is not an achievement. Get wise!
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by omar22(m): 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2012
bodejohn: ...or the BA plane was badly maintained too?

Did they say it had a mechanical failure?
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by Turbocharged: 6:32pm On Jun 17, 2012
ojofree: This is all GEJ's fault..why did he permit airport repairs when he knows airplanes will be landing there.
E don happen. Talk join.
Re: British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport by NAJALYN: 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2012
Thank God for protecting the passengers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate / Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) / Sirika: We Are Not Paying $300m In Nigeria Air. Www.flynigeriaair.ng Registered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.