Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? (3339 Views)

Can Pap (akamu/ogi) Boost The Sex Drive In A Man And Improve Election? / When Last Did You Do A Pap Smear? / The Pap Smear (Test For Cervical Cancer)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? by bolorunfem(f): 7:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
Can someone tell me the appropriate place to go to for pap-smear test? In the hospital/clinic or laboratory? I mean, do I have to book an appointment with my Gynaecologist or can it be done in one of the private laboratories we have around? Thanks.
Re: Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? by Scopium: 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2007
[size=13pt]I don't know but I want to ask how does it work?[/size]
Re: Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? by dot2002(m): 5:35pm On Nov 27, 2007
I really wish i can be of help now but i don't know, here in Manchester there is a mobile stall close to man-city it a walk-in center for breast and cervical test.lol u might order the kit online or talk to your doctor. lol
Re: Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2007
Go to LUTH, they have a pathologist there
Re: Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? by almondjoy(f): 2:56am On Nov 28, 2007
A simlpe test as pap smear, everyone has to run to LUTH in Nigeria? shocked

In 2008!

Giant of Africa! cheesy
Re: Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? by Nobody: 2:59am On Nov 28, 2007
that's if the so called pathologist can differentiate the purple dots on the slide from the sea of pink.
Our health care system is a sham.
You may be better off seeing a babalawo grin

kidding
Re: Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? by Nobody: 3:18am On Nov 28, 2007
Scopium:

[size=13pt]I don't know but I want to ask how does it work?[/size]

They make ogi (pap) and smear it on the woman's jerusalem, if she's pregnant the pap will turn blue!
Re: Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? by cashoggy(f): 8:34am On Nov 28, 2007
Na wah o, when I'd thought I could stop at my family clinic on one Saturday and get it done! shocked The problem with that LUTH is that one has to go and queue to register, get a card and , what am I even saying? You must go with a referral or you go and lobby one doctor there to give you a feferral! At LUTH you cannot just walk in and receive treatment, you must have been referred by one doctor from somewhere. That's the 'protocol', being a teaching hospital .

Another problem with LUTH is you have to book an appointment, don't expect to walk in and get it over with, just like that. Well, the purpose is worth whatever trouble one goes through anyway, but I wish one wouldn't go through the needle eye to get such important examinations donecry cry.

@Dot2002, I hope they do it in LASUTH, that's nearer. Thanks for the info.
Re: Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? by Pappyjesby(m): 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2007
Pap smear test is made easy at Nigerian Air Force Base Hospital Diagnostic Laboratories, air force Base, Ikeja. Just along Air port road.
Re: Where Can Pap Smear Test For Cervial Cancer Be Conducted? by cashoggy(f): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2007
Pappyjesby:

Pap smear test is made easy at Nigerian Air Force Base Hospital Diagnostic Laboratories, air force Base, Ikeja. Just along Air port road.

@Nwando, hmn, thats good news. So what's the protocol there, first register as a patient or just walk into the lab and do the test and walk away? Do you have an idea of the cost (so I know how much to go with)? I wouldn't mind getting it done tomorrow if its as easy as u mentioned.But did you mean  Airport bus stop along Agege Motor Road, or Airport Road/Ajao Estate areaThanks a bunch.

(1) (Reply)

Sokoto State Gets ₦2.5 Billion ASR Africa Tertiary Health Systems Support Grant / Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment / 1.2m Women To Benefit From SURE-P Health Programme- Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.