Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (434504 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:26am On Jun 29, 2012
Henrychris: @ Vicjustice thanks for the info I appreciate but my question is dis can I use a dorm acct for visa application
If the account meets the requirement and there is money available for your use, why not?
But I hope the currency in it is universally tenderable
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by naiko: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
@vicjustice and justwise,am putting in my application with the below documents pls advise;
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kaybos: 4:27pm On Jul 01, 2012
i want to apply for uk visa. i need a thorough explanation. help out
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2012
kaybos: i want to apply for uk visa. i need a thorough explanation. help out
Yes, my lord! As your majesty pleases!

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by naiko: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2012
@vicjustice am putting in my application with the below documents pls advise;
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by opeajay(f): 8:26am On Jul 03, 2012
No response
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
Hello everyone, I have been a silent follower of this thread for a while now. I am currently in my final year in skul and graduating very soon,I want to do Meng petroleum eng. In the univ of calgary, the fees is CAD 13,000.My dad is going to be my sponsor but he earns about 400k monthly and about 6-7mill yearly with bonuses, also has some landed properties. I dnt think he saves much but he can pull a loan of $30k without collateral if he gets an introduction letter from his work place.I want to find out if $30k is deposited in his account with 6 months statement of account and a cover explaining it is a loan, would that proof my ability to fund myself? Also about ties I wouldn't have any employment as I plan to go as soon as I graduate, all my family is in Nigeria and I have nobody in canada. How can I address the issue of ties to home country? I would really appreciate your contributions and suggestions, please help a brother out.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by lafad11(m): 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
Thanks for the information may God continue to bless u. Quick 1 boss. Av visited the *UK* couple of times and now i want my wife and daughter to visit as well. Their invitation letter sent to me by my broda was dated 5th june and am yet to submit their application.what's your take on dis pls.
Cheers
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:37am On Jul 04, 2012
opeajay: Please kindly advise.I applied for the UK student visa in 2002/2003 with the old passport(I was refused).Now 10 years after,
I want to apply at the UK embassy for a visiting visa,I have the new electronic passport but have a different date of birth.Is this
traceable?Meanwhile all other information there remain as they were just the date of birth.I will be grateful for your advice.Thanks
First, i must say that i am not really sure about the length of time that data are kept with the UKBA, some people say 10 years and others say different things. but i am of the opinion that it could be kept for as long as it could even for life.
Well, you said "Meanwhile all other information there remain as they were just the date of birth"; do you really think this is to your advantage? I'm afraid it is not, but on the contrary, they are more implicating evidences to identify you and detect the discrepancies in your Date Of Birth, and for the fact that one (if not both) is falsified, you will be getting yourself banned for 10 years if you applied with a different DOB from the one the Embassy already stored in their system.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2012
syahboy: Hello everyone, I have been a silent follower of this thread for a while now. I am currently in my final year in skul and graduating very soon,I want to do Meng petroleum eng. In the univ of calgary, the fees is CAD 13,000.My dad is going to be my sponsor but he earns about 400k monthly and about 6-7mill yearly with bonuses, also has some landed properties. I dnt think he saves much but he can pull a loan of $30k without collateral if he gets an introduction letter from his work place.I want to find out if $30k is deposited in his account with 6 months statement of account and a cover explaining it is a loan, would that proof my ability to fund myself? Also about ties I wouldn't have any employment as I plan to go as soon as I graduate, all my family is in Nigeria and I have nobody in canada. How can I address the issue of ties to home country? I would really appreciate your contributions and suggestions, please help a brother out.
In Europe, when a load is given to aid studies and support the student, the statement remark says Student Load, and the loan is not given as a bulk payment, but rather, the student get the payment by installment methods.
But in your case, your Father's loan was lodged into his account as a lump deposit, and there is no evidence that the money is intended for you neither is there any indication that the money would be available for your studies whilst in the UK. This circumstance also falls into the category of Money Lodgement and the ECO also has reasons to be concerned that the money was deposited for the purpose of this application and that it would be withdrawn once the visa is issued.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 12:17pm On Jul 04, 2012
lafad11: Thanks for the information may God continue to bless u. Quick 1 boss. Av visited the *UK* couple of times and now i want my wife and daughter to visit as well. Their invitation letter sent to me by my broda was dated 5th june and am yet to submit their application.what's your take on dis pls.
Cheers
Except in the case of time sensitive events or in the event that there is a change of circumstance, an invitation letter can be valid for 3 months and in some cases, 6 months: but the longer it takes for you to use the invitation, the more likely the embassy wants to confirm (from your guest) that the purpose is still valid
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by naiko: 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
vicjustice,its unfair hwo you dont give answers to a few people around here even when we ciritically in need of it,hv posted my request for advise in all your threads but am yet to see any response,below is it again;

-letter of appointment.
-letter of salary increament.
-payslip(6 months)
-Annual Leave Letter.
-Company's ID.

-bank papers.

-marriage certificate and pictures.

-hotel accomodation
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Henrychris(m): 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
Yeah its a dolllar acct
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 1:04am On Jul 06, 2012
naiko: vicjustice,its unfair hwo you dont give answers to a few people around here even when we ciritically in need of it,hv posted my request for advise in all your threads but am yet to see any response,below is it again;

-letter of appointment.
-letter of salary increament.
-payslip(3 months)
-mails showing non approval of pay slip.(the management cancelled the issuance of payslip from January this year)
-Annual Leave Letter.
-Company's ID.

-bank papers.

-marriage certificate and pictures.
p.s-i have an insurance plan i pay monthly into,can i also include it as savings?

-hotel accomodation
I suspect you are talking about tourist visa, but you are not making any query, so, what am i supposed to say?
As for the mentioned insurance, how can that be "included as savings"? By the way, what is the policy involved, i mean, is it a travel insurance?
Also, it would help if you give detailed explanation on what you meant by "bank papers" and the content in it
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by blank(f): 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2012
Vicjustice: I suspect you are talking about tourist visa, but you are not making any query, so, what am i supposed to say?
As for the mentioned insurance, how can that be "included as savings"? By the way, what is the policy involved, i mean, is it a travel insurance?
Also, it would help if you give detailed explanation on what you meant by "bank papers" and the content in it

I think when he was referring to insurance he means a dposit saving scheme that most insurance companies in Nigeria run. You deposit money monthly for a specified period of time and then at the end, they return your money with a stated interest amount. If the holder shld die or become incapacitated during that period, the insurance company pays a stated amount or percentage to his next of kin as well as the amount plus interest.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by naiko: 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
@blank, you are very correct,so vicjustice,do i need to include these document (insurance)?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by OyelekeMary(f): 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
Pls I need ur assistance here.
I intend studying medicine in Ukraine. I'v started d processing, (without any agent), now, I have my invitation letter; then the visa processing.
Please can someone tell me what next to do? Pls I need ur assistance here.
I intend studying medicine in Ukraine. I'v started d processing, (without any agent), now, I have my invitation letter; then the visa processing.
Please can someone tell me what next to do?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by olapo(f): 8:48am On Jul 08, 2012
Please advice me, I am an adult and I want to attend a wedding in UK with my parents and 4 other family members. My dad is my sponsor as I do not work now, I have my personal savings as well , I have about 700k in my account, I have an invitation for the wedding and I will be submitting my application next week cos the wedding is coming up in August, what documents do you think I should take along and do you think I stand a chance of getting a visa. I got married recently but my husband works in another African country and he doesn't have an account here , do you think I should fill the application as married or as single.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
olapo: Please advice me, I am an adult and I want to attend a wedding in UK with my parents and 4 other family members. My dad is my sponsor as I do not work now, I have my personal savings as well , I have about 700k in my account, I have an invitation for the wedding and I will be submitting my application next week cos the wedding is coming up in August, what documents do you think I should take along and do you think I stand a chance of getting a visa. I got married recently but my husband works in another African country and he doesn't have an account here , do you think I should fill the application as married or as single.
hello madam, as Par marital status, I would advise you indicate you are married with proof e.g marriage Certs and all other kinda documents you think is necessary, but my questions are:

Is the funds in ur account traceable? ( since u got no job)
Has ur account been well funded in the last six months?
Hope the 700,000 was not just deposited for the sake of visa?

U may also include a letter to clear ur intentions with the visa officer.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 12:54am On Jul 09, 2012
Oyeleke Mary: Pls I need ur assistance here.
Please can someone tell me what next to do? Pls I need ur assistance here.
Well, i always have these to say about Ukraine
Anyway, I always have this to say about Ukraine:
Just take these measures into account:
*Be prepared to always watch your back whenever a person walks behind you as the Skin-Head racists there are extremely physical and can attack you with deadly force.
* Always make sure you don't walk alone at night or in an empty street during day time.
* Always make sure you're fit and athletic enough to enable you run fast for your life whenever you're being chased in the streets by their Skin-Head racists.
* Prepare yourself to always elude banana missiles that are thrown anonymously at you in the streets through upstair windows.
* Be prepared to get familiar with the "Hail Hitler" salute, and also with the name "Makaka" (Russian word for Monkey) without protest as protesting them may cost you blood.
* You'd learn to be appreciative whenever someone says to your face "Go home Nigger" or calls you "Makaka" because, the same person could have shot or stabbed you and ran away.
* Be prepared to be mockingly offered bananas occasionally, and know that you won't have any police to report the abuses to as there is no law in place against racism in Ukraine.
* Ensure that you have enough funding from Nigeria to maintain yourself as you would never find a job how much more to talk about its poor wages ranging from 754 to 900 Ukrainian Hryvnia (about 70 to 85 Euros) a month.
* Be prepared to sometimes sleep in extremely cold room during their biting winter as you might find it difficult to pay for the Soviet style central heater.
* Be prepared to study in an ancient Greek style alphabets
* Bear in mind that your education certificate will not be recognised in EU countries as you will definitely have to upgrade.
* Bear in mind that you would have to return to Nigeria as soon as you finished your education because, you would not like to become a wayward person like many stranded and frustrated Nigerians before you.
* An unfortunately, you are a woman, the only positive thing that i reckon about them is irrelevant to you: Ukraine has some of the most beautiful women in the world: tall, slim, blonde, blue-eyed sexy girls who crave for black guys that's if you like white girls
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 12:57am On Jul 09, 2012
olapo: Please advice me, I am an adult and I want to attend a wedding in UK with my parents and 4 other family members. My dad is my sponsor as I do not work now, I have my personal savings as well , I have about 700k in my account, I have an invitation for the wedding and I will be submitting my application next week cos the wedding is coming up in August, what documents do you think I should take along and do you think I stand a chance of getting a visa. I got married recently but my husband works in another African country and he doesn't have an account here , do you think I should fill the application as married or as single.
But judging from your personal circumstances, in your own opinion, do you really think you meet the requirement for Tourist/Visit visa?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by shamoney1: 9:55am On Jul 09, 2012
Please am goin for US student visa soon,undergraduate,I graduated 2007mmy prob is,if am asked wat I have been doin since I left school I dnt really have a convincin answer. I haven't been doin anytin since den ooo,just tryn to get into school.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:16am On Jul 09, 2012
sha_money: Please am goin for US student visa soon,undergraduate,I graduated 2007mmy prob is,if am asked wat I have been doin since I left school I dnt really have a convincin answer. I haven't been doin anytin since den ooo,just tryn to get into school.
Well, do not let anyone deceive you to make up a false story (about your activities since you graduated), your story may be investigated and if detected that you made a false claim, you may face a life ban from the USA.
The economic or social situations in Nigeria is not something unknown of, so, it would not be a big problem if you admit to the fact that you have been doing nothing but seeking a job; and that due to the fact that you have been unsuccessful in your job hunt, you thought it wise to further educate yourself so that you may have better chance in future. This is just my recommendation, you may following your own opinion

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by shamoney1: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2012
Vicjustice: Well, do not let anyone deceive you to make up a false story (about your activities since you graduated), your story may be investigated and if detected that you made a false claim, you may face a life ban from the USA.
The economic or social situations in Nigeria is not something unknown of, so, it would not be a big problem if you admit to the fact that you have been doing nothing but seeking a job; and that due to the fact that you have been unsuccessful in your job hunt, you thought it wise to further educate yourself so that you may have better chance in future. This is just my recommendation, you may following your own opinion

Tanx bro,was tinkin same too..
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by shamoney1: 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2012
Vicjustice: Well, do not let anyone deceive you to make up a false story (about your activities since you graduated), your story may be investigated and if detected that you made a false claim, you may face a life ban from the USA.

Tanx bro,was tinkin same too.. I have my jambs dat I have been writin and passin bt no admission plus d job hunt stuff u said.hope it ll be enough reason.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by OyelekeMary(f): 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2012
So, please what do you advice?
Do U advice I back out?
Any other suggestion to consider?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kimkardashian: 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2012
Hi Vic.. pls i have this issue and don't knw how to go about I applied for uk visiting visa twice last year and i was refuse basically on becaus i did not submit any documents on my part except my sponsor (an oyinbo i met online)I submitted his banks statement,invitation,utility,work letter and every documents require frm a sponsor but submit nothing on my side because i was a novice and that is the first time i was applying for a visa to visit a country and state on the visitor form that i am not working which is true then as i just finish my nd and don't have any work or any reasonable bank account. So now i want to apply again to go to Uk because my situation as change now as i now have work, apartment,car, a land and reasonable bank account n can show evidence am owner of all this and another sponsor again (another white person which i met in nigeria) but don't know how to go about it as i have 2 refusal on my passport and have not travel to any other country before nor apply for any other visa apart from that so pls give me genuine advise as if am your younger sister and what i should do to apply this time to make my application successful
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kimkardashian: 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2012
The time i apply was last year feb 2011 and i was refuse which i reapply again a month later and was refuse pls do advise me on what to do, cos i really truly want to visit Uk and my situation as change since last year till now and also want to know if i can still use my first sponsor i met online or the second i met in nigeria whom am dating now as a sponsor, What are my chances of getting the visa? or should i just look into other countries for my holiday and matters eg usa or a shengen country.. Pls i want you to give me a genuine advise
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2012
Hi, Kim, I'll get back to you later
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by henrychubayo: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
kim kardashian :
The time i apply was last year feb 2011 and i was refuse which i reapply again a month later and was refuse pls do advise me on what to do, cos i really truly want to visit Uk and my situation as change since last year till now and also want to know if i can still use my first sponsor i met online or the second i met in nigeria whom am dating now as a sponsor, What are my chances of getting the visa? or should i just look into other countries for my holiday and matters eg usa or a shengen country.. Pls i want you to give me a genuine advise
I just wish to offer my little advice. I believe that using the guy you meet in 9ja is much better than using the one you meet online. Most vo considers the physical contact as genuine more than the online thing. Provide evidence of his visit to 9ja and submit it as well. Just explain that you wish to spend some vacation with him in the uk and back it up with your annual leave letter and letter of introduction from your work place. You may as well include a letter explaining that you applied before but was refused on the following ground (provide the reason), then that you situation has changed since then because you have a work, a land, reasonable bank account and many more including the copy of them all. Explain also how long you have been dating the current guy now and that he has arrived to 9ja to spend some time with you (if he never came direct for you, you may include ) and explore business opportunities in 9ja. Rem that even if he provides all the documents required, you still have to submit many documents to prove your case right. Also, try to be truthful so that you can link one information to another.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.