Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,928 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:40 AM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (433844 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by FunW: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2012
Vicjustice, I need your advice.

I am currently employed with a multinational company. I have three kids and I have 5years UK Visa with two of my kids. My husband and my kid, who has never travelled before wants to apply for 6 months (visiting)UK visa. My husband is currently unemployed. Can he apply using me as a sponspor, including all my documents such as my statements, payslip, letter from my employer etc. Do they stand a chance of receiving the VISA?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kennyGGG(f): 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
FunW: Vicjustice, I need your advice.

I am currently employed with a multinational company. I have three kids and I have 5years UK Visa with two of my kids. My husband and my kid, who has never travelled before wants to apply for 6 months (visiting)UK visa. My husband is currently unemployed. Can he apply using me as a sponspor, including all my documents such as my statements, payslip, letter from my employer etc. Do they stand a chance of receiving the VISA?

Well am not Vicjustice but my comment will be that you are 100% on course. There is a tie and there is cash to support it. UK visa isn't difficult to obtain once you meet the requirements which to me you are more than qualified. Just my opinion.

I forgot to add that you should attach a copy of your passport biodata page and the 5yr visa page to his document as well as marriage cert and a letter of consent from you.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kennyGGG(f): 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2012

In addition, include a family picture and the birth certificate of everyone. Wish you success.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by FunW: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kennyGGG(f): 6:33pm On Jul 27, 2012
FunW: Thanks a lot.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by blank(f): 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
kennyGGG:

Thanks blank, that is kind of you. Is there anything like mandatory period money liquidated into an account must remain there? I intend liquidating mine the week of printing out the statement because I have collected the interest on the deposit even before the tenor elapsed which is 3months and I rolled over for another 1month.

Is it compulsory I submit an expired passport? Something in me tells me its isn't necessary.
thanks

You must submit it except the passport was stolen or lost, then you have to present proof to back up your claims.

When i was applying, there was a minimum period of 3 months. Don't know the requirement now.

You are welcome.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kennyGGG(f): 6:56pm On Jul 27, 2012
blank:

You must submit it except the passport was stolen or lost, then you have to present proof to back up your claims.

When i was applying, there was a minimum period of 3 months. Don't know the requirement now.

You are welcome.

Blank can I talk to you outside the forum please: your email address will be fine.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2012

Absolutely, you can sponsor your husband, this is logical and is acceptable and he stands the chance as much as you do provided your financial circumstance meets the requirement.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by embassyman(m): 7:18am On Jul 28, 2012
Thanks for this info
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by tociano009(m): 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
Hello nairalander please help me out,,i got my document today at uk application center, but my passport was retain, they say that a stamp there is a counterfeit and is not true, i stamped it at seme boarder by nigerian immigration, what will i do because they say dat my passport will be forwarded to Nigerian immigration service
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kennyGGG(f): 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
tociano009: Hello nairalander please help me out,,i got my document today at uk application center, but my passport was retain, they say that a stamp there is a counterfeit and is not true, i stamped it at seme boarder by nigerian immigration, what will i do because they say dat my passport will be forwarded to Nigerian immigration service

What type of stamp was that? Nigeria immigration stamp or what country? Someone once had a similar problem. He may be able to give you a guide.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
tociano009: Hello nairalander please help me out,,i got my document today at uk application center, but my passport was retain, they say that a stamp there is a counterfeit and is not true, i stamped it at seme boarder by nigerian immigration, what will i do because they say dat my passport will be forwarded to Nigerian immigration service
But how does anyone know a fake stamp in Nigerian passport, or does it have reference number or code?
Well, you are in a very serious trouble, you face a 10 years ban if the stamp is judged to be fake with fraudulent intention: you might need a letter of authentication from Nigerian Immigration authority, that might help
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by pauloman(m): 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
Vicjustice: No one can get a visa with photocopy of any documents, therefore, your first refusal was inevitable.
As for the second refusal, the issue i see here is your Home TIE or Obligation, the visa officer was not satisfied that you have compelling reasons to return to Nigeria for.
Now, i don't think there is anything wrong with you spending one forth of your yearly income on a holiday of a life time unless of course you don't really have the year worth salary savings in your account

Please can you expantiate on the statement above that " no body can get visa with photocopy of a document" thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
pauloman:

Please can you expantiate on the statement above that " no body can get visa with photocopy of a document" thanks
You can't get a visa using photocopies of hard documents; hard documents are documents carrying security authentication, or stamp, or seals, or signature.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by pauloman(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
Vicjustice: You can't get a visa using photocopies of hard documents; hard documents are documents carrying security authentication, or stamp, or seals, or signature.

What of if one was requested to send a notarised copy of his employment letters in the initial stage of visa application which was promptly done. Is there need to still submit the original hard copy of such a documents during the processing stages of the visa application if the file has not been concluded?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
pauloman:
What of if one was requested to send a notarised copy of his employment letters in the initial stage of visa application which was promptly done. Is there need to still submit the original hard copy of such a documents during the processing stages of the visa application if the file has not been concluded?
It depends on what is "requested" from you, or what is required of you. There are some institutions that may accept notarized copies of hard documents, but embassy isn't one of such except if they give you exceptional privilege: I don't know any one who can get a visa with a photo copy Marriage Certificate
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by pauloman(m): 9:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
Vicjustice:
It depends on what is "requested" from you, or what is required of you. There are some institutions that may accept notarized copies of hard documents, but embassy isn't one of such except if they give you exceptional privilege: I don't know any one who can get a visa with a photo copy Marriage Certificate

Well its the canadian embassy in Accra, Ghana where i applied for my PR visa on a skilled workers visa program. They did tell me to send the original copies of my employment letters after i sent them the notarised copy of the said documents. But immediately they sent the email which was in December last year, they followed up with another email in january 11 requesting for my 12months bank statement and my IELTS test results which have all been duly sent before the stated deadline on the email message. But i still didnt send the originals of my employment letters since they never made reference for me to send the original copies of the employment letters.

Truth is i felt those are my private copies and that why should i send them when they have a notarised copy. But even at not sending that document,they never made mention of me sending it again. They already have Letters of reference from the Management of each of those companies i worked with though.

I have been called by the embassy to do my medical examination about 2months ago and i also have been requested to send an updated police report certificate also which i have done. I was never called for any interview after my document was reviewed before my medical call up. As a matter of fact what i am waiting for now is the final decision from the embassy of whether my visa will be approved or denied.

Please reading through my brief above,do you think i should send the original of my employment letters still or just ignore and wait for the embassy's final decision which i am expecting any time soon? Please i need your objective advice on this promptl. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kennyGGG(f): 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
pauloman:

Well its the canadian embassy in Accra, Ghana where i applied for my PR visa on a skilled workers visa program. They did tell me to send the original copies of my employment letters after i sent them the notarised copy of the said documents. But immediately they sent the email which was in December last year, they followed up with another email in january 11 requesting for my 12months bank statement and my IELTS test results which have all been duly sent before the stated deadline on the email message. But i still didnt send the originals of my employment letters since they never made reference for me to send the original copies of the employment letters.

Truth is i felt those are my private copies and that why should i send them when they have a notarised copy. But even at not sending that document,they never made mention of me sending it again. They already have Letters of reference from the Management of each of those companies i worked with though.

I have been called by the embassy to do my medical examination about 2months ago and i also have been requested to send an updated police report certificate also which i have done. I was never called for any interview after my document was reviewed before my medical call up. As a matter of fact what i am waiting for now is the final decision from the embassy of whether my visa will be approved or denied.

Please reading through my brief above,do you think i should send the original of my employment letters still or just ignore and wait for the embassy's final decision which i am expecting any time soon? Please i need your objective advice on this promptl. Thanks

Just don't worry, I guess if they need them, they would have requested. Sending more document might drag the process already in motion. Just my take
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by kennyGGG(f): 8:30am On Jul 29, 2012
blank:

You are welcome.

Hello Blank: well mine is not UK pardon the fact I am in a UK forum. Truth is I have gotten answer to most of my questions here. The issue at hand presently is I don't have the luxury of time to make my submission. If I liquidate the fund into my account at maturity period, I will have just 3weeks left before submission deadline. Do you think leaving it for 3weeks is fair enough?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by saintanthonyd: 10:59am On Jul 30, 2012
Hello everyone.
Vicjustice, pls advise.
I submitted my uk student visa application at the VFS office in Abuja on the 10th of July. They said it takes 15working days to process. The 15working day elapses tomorrow 31st of July; I still tracked my application this morning and was told d same thing i've been told since i submitted: your visa application has been forwarded to d BHC for processing.
Judging from past experiences of people who have submitted their tier 4 visa application as well, do u reckon i'ud be called for it 2moro or later today? Would appreciate ur reply. Many thanks.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:17am On Jul 30, 2012
saintanthonyd: Hello everyone.
Vicjustice, pls advise.
I submitted my uk student visa application at the VFS office in Abuja on the 10th of July. They said it takes 15working days to process. The 15working day elapses tomorrow 31st of July; I still tracked my application this morning and was told d same thing i've been told since i submitted: your visa application has been forwarded to d BHC for processing.
Judging from past experiences of people who have submitted their tier 4 visa application as well, do u reckon i'ud be called for it 2moro or later today? Would appreciate ur reply. Many thanks.
There is no advice that would work in this situation, it is entirely up to them; all you can do is to wait a few more days. They never would forget you entirely. Cheers
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by naiko: 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
Vicjustice, I need your advice.

@FunW from the little i know you will not need to include letter from your employer since its your husband that is applying. all you will need to do is include your statement of account, payslips,hotel accomodation (or whereever you all will stay), family picture,marriage certificate, birth certificate.i do not also think you need to include copies of your visa/passport pages,since there is option where he will need to say yes/no if he is travelling with you and with the your full names and passport number they can get all of that from their own system.They already have details of you and two other kids,all they will do is just double check her details in their system.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by lovedgal: 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2012
Hello Vicjustice,

Can you help with advising on if a non-family member (friend of the family) can sponsor a member of my family who wants to come and visit me in the uk on genuine reasons. we have all other supporting documents. but the only dependable sponsor is a non-family member.

thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
lovedgal: Hello Vicjustice,

Can you help with advising on if a non-family member (friend of the family) can sponsor a member of my family who wants to come and visit me in the uk on genuine reasons. we have all other supporting documents. but the only dependable sponsor is a non-family member.

thanks
It is neither illegal nor is it against any rules for a non-relative to sponsor or invite someone, just that the risk of jeopardy is high especially when you can not demonstrate the benefits that the (non-relative) sponsor stands to gain from the trip, and therefore there would be no apparent reason why a person would choose to sponsor a stranger or an outsider: the chance that the visa would be refused is extremely high in this case
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by pauloman(m): 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
@vicjustice- please kindly respond to my last post before this one,directed to you above. Please i really want to hear your own opinion about my case. Many thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by koolmd: 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
Hello All,

I am a 38 yr old Single Male Nigerian. Presently, i intend sending in my application for tourist visa to Canada. I have visited Paris, France and Manchester UK( both on vacations. I work for an Oil and Gas Coy in Nigeria, and my company is paying some part of my travel expense (airfare and accomodation) which they will state in the cover note as they have done for me on my previous trips. My Salary is about 400k/mnth. I have just about 3.5M in 2 accts i operate.

My concern here is that, i have previously applied for the Canadian Federal Skill Worker Program in 2009 but was not accepted for the reason that my profession had been removed from the approved list of professions eligible for consideration. I have packaged all my docs. including hotel booking /reciepts from previous trips, even pictures of places i visited on tour, tour handbills/pamphlets etc from previous tours. I just like to know what my chances are otherwise i could choose to visit a different location apart from canada.

Advise is needed please.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by blank(f): 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
kennyGGG:

Hello Blank: well mine is not UK pardon the fact I am in a UK forum. Truth is I have gotten answer to most of my questions here. The issue at hand presently is I don't have the luxury of time to make my submission. If I liquidate the fund into my account at maturity period, I will have just 3weeks left before submission deadline. Do you think leaving it for 3weeks is fair enough?

I can only speak from experience and my experience is with UK student visa.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by pauloman(m): 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
koolmd: Hello All,

I am a 38 yr old Single Male Nigerian. Presently, i intend sending in my application for tourist visa to Canada. I have visited Paris, France and Manchester UK( both on vacations. I work for an Oil and Gas Coy in Nigeria, and my company is paying some part of my travel expense (airfare and accomodation) which they will state in the cover note as they have done for me on my previous trips. My Salary is about 400k/mnth. I have just about 3.5M in 2 accts i operate.

My concern here is that, i have previously applied for the Canadian Federal Skill Worker Program in 2009 but was not accepted for the reason that my profession had been removed from the approved list of professions eligible for consideration. I have packaged all my docs. including hotel booking /reciepts from previous trips, even pictures of places i visited on tour, tour handbills/pamphlets etc from previous tours. I just like to know what my chances are otherwise i could choose to visit a different location apart from canada.

Advise is needed please.

IMO...i think you have a beautiful chance bro and you are good to go ! Btw when you applied for the FSWP in 2009,where you refused in the CIO stage or at the embassy stage in Accra,Ghana?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 31, 2012
dear nlanders i intend to apply for tourist visa to the uk i need to know the requirements at the embassy i have up to 300k in my account which i split in 3 months as my salary can 3months statement of account be used to apply for uk visa , i have a letter from my company allowing me go on leave for 2 weeks what other document do i present ... thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by naiko: 10:58am On Jul 31, 2012
dear nlanders i intend to apply for tourist visa to the uk i need to know the requirements at the embassy i have up to 300k in my account which i split in 3 months as my salary can 3months statement of account be used to apply for uk visa , i have a letter from my company allowing me go on leave for 2 weeks what other document do i present ... thanks
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

franklyn9ice,my answer to your question is;1- 300k is not enough to apply for a visa,2-you will need six months statement of account,3-letter of employment,letter from the company you work for,marriage certificate if you are married,6 months payslip,hotel accomodation and photocopy of company id card
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2012
franklyn9ice: dear nlanders i intend to apply for tourist visa to the uk i need to know the requirements at the embassy i have up to 300k in my account which i split in 3 months as my salary can 3months statement of account be used to apply for uk visa , i have a letter from my company allowing me go on leave for 2 weeks what other document do i present ... thanks
Based on your finance, I would consider it impossible for you to get a visa. You may only apply for the visa if you want to give a tithe (of your N300k) to the embassy
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by koolmd: 11:04am On Jul 31, 2012
Hello Bro,

My application for the Canadian FSWP was actually returned at the initial stage. I sent in my docs and i got an e-mail after about 3months that my profession had been removed from the ministerial list and its no longer eligible for processing.

Threafter, my documents were mailed back to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.