Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (434351 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by follyfash85: 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2012
Vicjustice:
I understand that Carpenters are disdained in Nigeria, but it is not the same in western countries, in fact, they are regarded as skilled workers.
However, it is unusual for a person to be applying for study visa under such profession, howbeit, it is neither abnormal nor unacceptable.
Now, some things will come into considering factors; first, know that the greatest concern of Visa Officers is the fear that a person would not abide by the rules of a visa if issued: therefore, as the owner of a prosperous Carpentry Company, i am of the opinion that (if done normally) you stand a reasonable chance for your application to be successful because, your company and your position in it will be seen as Home Ties or Obligation to make you want to return to Nigeria after your training.
All you need to do is to prepare to answer these questions:
*Why did you choose to train in Canada
*Why would you be spending so much money for the training
*How do you think the training would be beneficial to you and your company
*How do you intend to manage your company while training abroad etc
And most of all you need to secure an admission place in the School/Training Facility, and ensure that you need to have a compliant Bank Statement (refer to the original post for guidelines).

WARNING! Do not attempt to outsmart the visa officer with any fraud, misleading, fake or tempered documents; do not give misinformation or tell (a documented) lie, do not use a false Date Of Birth, any of these will get you banned for life from Canada and the USA altogether
@ visjustice
Thanks,I will keep those questions in mind.I am grateful and I appreciate ur efforts!
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by follyfash85: 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2012
justwise:

I think its important to know how much your company turns over in a year after tax, if you are making less than what the trip to Canada will cost you then chances of getting a visa is very slim.

Thanks justwise
The account is bouyant a little bit.
and is it okay if I want to use the accout of sponsor(brother) or is it must I use my company account.please a little advice will help.thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by emmanuelson20: 7:49pm On Aug 11, 2012
Good Evening Everyone, i have a friend who got an admission to study in the US & every other documents needed for a visa interview are ready but to his surprise, he couldn't get an appointment interview date for the past few weeks. Although, i advised he should defer his studies till spring, but he said deferring will nullify the Partial Scholarship granted as rightly stated in his I-20 form & e-mailed by the director of international programs. Its obvious his chances of getting a date is very slim, but we are hoping for a miracle. Please house, your assistance is highly needed in the area of getting him a date preferrably 17 Aug-22 Aug. Please, help a brother. Thanks a lot. Peace.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
emmanuelson20: Good Evening Everyone, i have a friend who got an admission to study in the US & every other documents needed for a visa interview are ready but to his surprise, he couldn't get an appointment interview date for the past few weeks. Although, i advised he should defer his studies till spring, but he said deferring will nullify the Partial Scholarship granted as rightly stated in his I-20 form & e-mailed by the director of international programs. Its obvious his chances of getting a date is very slim, but we are hoping for a miracle. Please house, your assistance is highly needed in the area of getting him a date preferrably 17 Aug-22 Aug. Please, help a brother. Thanks a lot. Peace.
What "help" do you require?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Monjerk: 11:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
@ All, pls advice needed'
I am planning 2 get a UK visa for a training, my coy will provide what they needed to provide for me cos they are d one sending me for the training. On my own case am married bt no issue yet bt my wife Is pregnant, can I include pregnancy test/scan result doc. Also I don't av money in my salary acct dat I want 2 include d statement, would that stop my chance since my
coy is going 2 include their statement or can I deposit less than 100k n print d statement in a months time. Please what do i need 2 get this visa cos d training is very important 2 my career.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by diddy11(m): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2012
Kindly tell me what reason I can give the uk embassy as 2 why my uncle(my sponsor) has decided to pay for my return ticket as well as all hotel expenses for my duration in the uk.plz note that I shall be responsible for providing the spendin money. Tks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by saintanthonyd: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2012
Hello everyone.
@VicJustice (or anyone who can), pls advise.

I hold a uk student visa and i'ud love to visit paris in the fall. Do i need a visa to visit paris considering it's just some minutes away from London?

Would appreciate your reply.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 11:51am On Aug 15, 2012
saintanthonyd: Hello everyone.
@VicJustice (or anyone who can), pls advise.

I hold a uk student visa and i'ud love to visit paris in the fall. Do i need a visa to visit paris considering it's just some minutes away from London?

Would appreciate your reply.

You do need a visa
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Lastbourne(m): 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
Vicjustice and justwise. Am still waiting for your responses on the new income threshold . Thank you.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by cretin: 9:36am On Aug 17, 2012
my wife has her maiden name on her passport [she got the passport when she was single], now we want to travel..wch wud be easier?...obtaining a new passport reflecting her new name n status or going with the old passport and attaching a news paper change of name n marriage cert when ever we want to apply for visa?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:56am On Aug 17, 2012
cretin: my wife has her maiden name on her passport [she got the passport when she was single], now we want to travel..wch wud be easier?...obtaining a new passport reflecting her new name n status or going with the old passport and attaching a news paper change of name n marriage cert when ever we want to apply for visa?
By standard requirement, her current passport is invalid due to the change of Surname; she can't apply for a visa using her (now) Maiden name as Surname;: Her visa application would be refused for identity reason: She is required to report her new surname to the Passport Issuing Authority for update, and to present both the old and new passports to the embassy when applying for a visa

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by slayer01: 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2012
hello pls i need help..there is an error in my court marrriage certificate..
charles emeka onwugbaoso is my name , but what is in my certificate is charles mekus [shortform of emeka] onwugbaoso, my church wedding cert bears my correct name...am wondering if this would be an issue when applying for visa to uk/us....... do i need to rectify this issue b4 applying?......or is it negligible?
note: i dont like going to courts/far from me.........

thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2012
slayer-01:
hello pls i need help..there is an error in my court marrriage certificate..
charles emeka onwugbaoso is my name , but what is in my certificate is charles mekus [shortform of emeka] onwugbaoso, my church wedding cert bears my correct name...am wondering if this would be an issue when applying for visa to uk/us....... do i need to rectify this issue b4 applying?......or is it negligible?
note: i dont like going to courts/far from me.........

thanks
But how could you have used a slang name or an alias in a document in the first place?
Well, Middle Names are not compulsory while filling any form, but since your documents carry your Middle Name you are therefore required to enter it in the form; and carrying documents with conflicting middle names is highly suspicious to a visa officer who has seen every fraud in the book.
However, there are series of ways that you can sort this out. I like to recommend that you update your documents before making the application, but if for any reason you can't do that, I suggest you use both names as Middle Names: ie Charles Emeka Mekus Onwugaoso.
Now, unlike First-Name and Surname, there is no regulation as to the number of Middle Names that one can have. You would be safe

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by slayer01: 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2012
yeah, it was an error by a relative that registered the marriage at the courts.....well i dont really understand how i could update my documents...cos its only my real name that is on my passport emeka n not mekus.......guess the only option left for me is to to try n correct the certs at the law courts..
thanks!
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2012
slayer-01:
yeah, it was an error by a relative that registered the marriage at the courts.....well i dont really understand how i could update my documents...cos its only my real name that is on my passport emeka n not mekus.......guess the only option left for me is to to try n correct the certs at the law courts..
thanks!
That is what it means to update your documents
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by shaybebaby(f): 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2012
Lastbourne: Vicjustice and justwise. Am still waiting for your responses on the new income threshold . Thank you.
Hey mate, have you looked on the ukba website regarding them rules? From what I've read, if she has got savings, they will count towards the threshold. Another way is to see if you can get an offer of employment before applying as this prospective employment will count as well. Possibly maybe she can look for employment or if you have friends who are legit business owners here, they can stand in as prospective employers and provide documentation that you have an offer of employment stating how much the wages will be. If that fails, then I guess she is going to have to look for a better paying job that meets the threshold. It a shame that things have been made more difficult because so many attempt to abuse the system thereby making it more difficult for the genuine people. Best of luck mate!
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by winwin123: 12:01am On Aug 20, 2012
I was refused in July for not having enough fund and that I will not be coming back after my studies. To cover for the fund I applied for a loan that has been granted and paid into my salary account.
My question is: Can I use my salary account showing the loan on the statement of account or I should move the proceed to my personal account?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 12:20am On Aug 20, 2012
winwin123: I was refused in July for not having enough fund and that I will not be coming back after my studies. To cover for the fund I applied for a loan that has been granted and paid into my salary account.
My question is: Can I use my salary account showing the loan on the statement of account or I should move the proceed to my personal account?
Your query is comprehensively treated in the opening post, please, refer to it
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by winwin123: 7:35am On Aug 20, 2012
@ Vicjustice: Thank you for your response. My case is a little different from the opening post. I ask if I can use my salary account showing the source of fund to be proceed from a personal loan or should I move the fund to my personal savings account and explain that the fund is from a loan gotten from my employer to enable me finance my studies?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 8:07am On Aug 20, 2012
winwin123: @ Vicjustice: Thank you for your response. My case is a little different from the opening post. I ask if I can use my salary account showing the source of fund to be proceed from a personal loan or should I move the fund to my personal savings account and explain that the fund is from a loan gotten from my employer to enable me finance my studies?

You are allowed to use loan money to finance your studies, you can move it to your personal saving account and leave it there for 28days before printing out the bank statement and apply for visa
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:52am On Aug 20, 2012
winwin123: @ Vicjustice: Thank you for your response. My case is a little different from the opening post. I ask if I can use my salary account showing the source of fund to be proceed from a personal loan or should I move the fund to my personal savings account and explain that the fund is from a loan gotten from my employer to enable me finance my studies?
Oh, i see; i thought you wee talking about Tourist Visa: It is always important to mention the category of the visa sought so that your query will be considered as best as possible.
Now, where-as it is impossible to get a Tourist Visa with a Loan (debt), but like Justwise had rightly suggested, You are allowed to use loan money to finance your studies, even in Europe, we do have "Student Loan Schemes"
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by mayblossom(f): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2012
I applied for visa for family reunion at the spanish embassy in april and was given 30th may for visa collection. On 25th may,I got a call from the embassy requesting for additional documents from my husband in spain which he sent and was submitted since 6th of june. Upon submitting the documents, we were told that our file is now complete and that we should expect a call from them. This has not happened and it's really fraustrating. My husband calls the embassy sometimes to enquire the reason for the delay and each time he calls,they tell him not to call again that when they're through, they'll call us(the application is for me and my 1 yr old daughter). Please who knows how long it takes to process family reunion visa to spain? The wait is really fraustrating because one cannot do any planning like enrolling for further studies or any short course because you may pay the fees to start something and the embassy will call the next day. I have equally ignored some of such opportunities,believing I may not stay long enough to complete it,but get so hurt when I sit doing nothing and eventually stay long enough to have completed the courses. My husband is working in spain and we also submitted a copy of his work contract legalized by notary public in spain. We have waited for 4months now,with no specific date in view. Has anyone had similar experience? How do you handle such? Please your answers and comments will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by mayblossom(f): 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2012
I applied for visa for family reunion at the spanish embassy in april and was given 30th may for visa collection. On 25th may,I got a call from the embassy requesting for additional documents from my husband in spain which he sent and was submitted since 6th of june. Upon submitting the documents, we were told that our file is now complete and that we should expect a call from them. This has not happened and it's really fraustrating. My husband calls the embassy sometimes to enquire the reason for the delay and each time he calls,they tell him not to call again that when they're through, they'll call us(the application is for me and my 1 yr old daughter). Please who knows how long it takes to process family reunion visa to spain? The wait is really fraustrating because one cannot do any planning like enrolling for further studies or any short course because you may pay the fees to start something and the embassy will call the next day. I have equally ignored some of such opportunities,believing I may not stay long enough to complete it,but get so hurt when I sit doing nothing and eventually stay long enough to have completed the courses. My husband is working in spain and we also submitted a copy of his work contract legalized by notary public in spain. We have waited for 4months now,with no specific date in view. Has anyone had similar experience? How do you handle such? Please your answers and comments will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 4:49pm On Aug 20, 2012
mayblossom: I applied for visa for family reunion at the spanish embassy in april and was given 30th may for visa collection. On 25th may,I got a call from the embassy requesting for additional documents from my husband in spain which he sent and was submitted since 6th of june. Upon submitting the documents, we were told that our file is now complete and that we should expect a call from them. This has not happened and it's really fraustrating. My husband calls the embassy sometimes to enquire the reason for the delay and each time he calls,they tell him not to call again that when they're through, they'll call us(the application is for me and my 1 yr old daughter). Please who knows how long it takes to process family reunion visa to spain? The wait is really fraustrating because one cannot do any planning like enrolling for further studies or any short course because you may pay the fees to start something and the embassy will call the next day. I have equally ignored some of such opportunities,believing I may not stay long enough to complete it,but get so hurt when I sit doing nothing and eventually stay long enough to have completed the courses. My husband is working in spain and we also submitted a copy of his work contract legalized by notary public in spain. We have waited for 4months now,with no specific date in view. Has anyone had similar experience? How do you handle such? Please your answers and comments will be appreciated. Thank you
Well, family Reunion visa could take anything from 4 weeks to 42 months depending on how simple or complicated a case is.
Know that, such visa category is beyond the jurisdiction of Embassy, it takes the home authority under the ministry to decide an application, and you know how slow these authorities could be as they often have time frames and they treat cases at the last moments
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by emmanuelson20: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2012
Good afternoon everyone, Please, my friend needs your advice. What document(s) should he go along with to the bank for his sevis fee? How much should he have on him for his sevis fee? How much for his trip from Iyana Iba to & fro? What currency should he have on him? Finally, Is there any additional fee requested on entry into the US embassy for his visa interview? Thanks. PEACE.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2012
emmanuelson20: Good afternoon everyone, Please, my friend needs your advice. What document(s) should he go along with to the bank for his sevis fee? How much should he have on him for his sevis fee? How much for his trip from Iyana Iba to & fro? What currency should he have on him? Finally, Is there any additional fee requested on entry into the US embassy for his visa interview? Thanks. PEACE.
This is all Greek to me
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by ifegy: 12:11am On Aug 21, 2012
emmanuelson20: Good afternoon everyone, Please, my friend needs your advice. What document(s) should he go along with to the bank for his sevis fee? How much should he have on him for his sevis fee? How much for his trip from Iyana Iba to & fro? What currency should he have on him? Finally, Is there any additional fee requested on entry into the US embassy for his visa interview? Thanks. PEACE.

Try posting in the Travelling to the US thread in the travel section.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by mamathrice: 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
Hello. I posted this on the USA visa thread but I hope I can get a response here. I travelled to the USA to have my baby. I paid all my bills, kept to my visit duration, etc. and hoped for the best but during my visa renewal interview, I was denied a visa. They asked me during the second interview if I knew I was pregnant the first time and I said, no, I did not know. What are my chances of getting a visa ever? The interview officer told me that I could apply again but with all this talk of ten year bans, etc, I don't know if it is worth it. Please someone should tell me what is up. Also, I see people going to the USA all the time to have their children and it seems that it is only when they use MEDICAID that becomes a big deal. A friend of mine has even gone three times. Was this really the issue or was it something else?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by naiko: 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
@mamathrice, from my little experience you ought to be told the interviewer that you knew you were pregnant, cos no reasonable person will ever believed that you never knew you were pregnant and you still put to bed over there,check it now?

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
mamathrice: Hello. I posted this on the USA visa thread but I hope I can get a response here. I travelled to the USA to have my baby. I paid all my bills, kept to my visit duration, etc. and hoped for the best but during my visa renewal interview, I was denied a visa. They asked me during the second interview if I knew I was pregnant the first time and I said, no, I did not know. What are my chances of getting a visa ever? The interview officer told me that I could apply again but with all this talk of ten year bans, etc, I don't know if it is worth it. Please someone should tell me what is up. Also, I see people going to the USA all the time to have their children and it seems that it is only when they use MEDICAID that becomes a big deal. A friend of mine has even gone three times. Was this really the issue or was it something else?
It is a serious violation to conceal pregnancy during visa application, and it is even more serious to give birth in a country if your visa is not issued on medical ground: and worse still, to deny the awareness.
Now, unlike the merciful 10 years ban that is applicable with the UK, You may never be issued a US visa again, this violation MAY attract a life ban from the USA depending on circumstances and judgement
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by koolmd: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2012
Hello House, I just need a clarification here. Am planning a trip (vacation)
To amsterdam, netherlands. The coy I work for here in nigeria is paying my
economy return ticket and also give me 750USd which they will state on the
introductorY letter I will take to the embassy as they have done on my trips to
Paris and Manchester in d past. I have 2 accts am presenting, a salary acct with
about 400k naira and a personal acct of about 3.1m naira balance. My concern is that
My acct with 3.1M balance I use for supplies and I frequently empty it at least two
Times or more every month when I have supplies to make and large cash lodgements
sometimes up to 2M naira are deposited into d acct at once.
This has been the way I've been operating the acct since I opened it some
six months ago. Can this be seen as large cash lodgements.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
koolmd: Hello House, I just need a clarification here. Am planning a trip (vacation)
To amsterdam, netherlands. The coy I work for here in nigeria is paying my
economy return ticket and also give me 750USd which they will state on the
introductorY letter I will take to the embassy as they have done on my trips to
Paris and Manchester in d past. I have 2 accts am presenting, a salary acct with
about 400k naira and a personal acct of about 3.1m naira balance. My concern is that
My acct with 3.1M balance I use for supplies and I frequently empty it at least two
Times or more every month when I have supplies to make and large cash lodgements
sometimes up to 2M naira are deposited into d acct at once.
This has been the way I've been operating the acct since I opened it some
six months ago. Can this be seen as large cash lodgements.
Perhaps it would be something considerable if your account is pretty old and if the narrated activities had been a routine development for long; But given that the length of the bank statement that is required by the embassy is 6 months, it could be suspicious if your account is exactly 6 months old and the statement comprises of re-occurrence lump-lodgements and withdrawal: Anyway, you know better if the lodgements and withdrawals are explainable with documented proof of purpose otherwise, it may be suspicious

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.