Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Plasma Or LCD TV? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Plasma Or LCD TV? (1421 Views)

Urgently Needed!!! Toks Or Used 42inch LED Or LCD Television / I Need A Fairly Used 32" Plasma Or Lcd / LCD Or Plasma Or CRT TV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plasma Or LCD TV? by dandollar1: 10:34am On Jun 19, 2012
Helo,
Please i'm in the market for a 42inchs TV but confused about which to go for between an LCD and a plasma tV.

I'v been to a store to check them out and while i prefer the plasma because its cheaper and has sharper pix, i read that it is prone to burn out and image retention,and sorts.

Would like to hear from people who own plasma tvs and their experience with it,so as to make my decision on which to buy.

Would be expecting your comments.
Thanx all.
Re: Plasma Or LCD TV? by dandollar1: 11:14am On Jun 19, 2012
Inputs please!
Re: Plasma Or LCD TV? by marleygab(m): 11:27am On Jun 19, 2012
When it comes to picture Quality there simply is no competition The plasma beats the LCD hands down the advantages LCD has over plasma are the cheaper price, low power consumption, and They last longer. The plasma is of course more expensive than the LCD.
Re: Plasma Or LCD TV? by dandollar1: 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2012
marleygab: When it comes to picture Quality there simply is no competition The plasma beats the LCD hands down the advantages LCD has over plasma are the cheaper price, low power consumption, and They last longer. The plasma is of course more expensive than the LCD.
please have you used a plasma tv before? The image retention and burn out stuff, are they true?
Re: Plasma Or LCD TV? by djbiskit(m): 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mehn am also confused with which to buy....I luve large screens....am stuck between a 85K LG 42 inch plasma and 58K LG 32inch LCD...I alove good picture definitions....pls someone shud advice
Re: Plasma Or LCD TV? by stpat1(m): 2:49am On Jul 16, 2012
Guy you better don't go and waste your money buying Plasma TVs, They are out of fashion. at least the LCD is still newer than the plasma.

Here is the Genealogy of these Tvs

PLASMA ----- LCD ------- LED ---------- 3D.

so you see I'd have preferred you go for LED at least instead of thinking of changing to a more modern TV in d nearest future.
my 2 cents
Re: Plasma Or LCD TV? by saleskara: 3:18pm On May 26, 2013
Hello, You can get a new plasma LG for only 68K. Visit http://www.kara.com.ng/lg-plasma-tv-42-inch-pa4500/

(1) (Reply)

Wholesale/cheap Retail Prices: Mechanical & Quartz WATCHES, BEAUTIFUL COLLECTION / D-link DWA-123 Wireless N 150 Usb Adapter / For Sale In Abuja-u.s Used Toshiba Satellite A215-S7437 *********SOLD***********

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.