Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Why Must Our Gov'ment Borrow From Other Countries? Why Nt Print D Amount Needed? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Must Our Gov'ment Borrow From Other Countries? Why Nt Print D Amount Needed? (709 Views)

Can A State Government Borrow From Another State Government? / What Other Countries Experience Power Outages Daily / NL Men/boys Borrow Me Ya 2 Minutes Abeg! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Must Our Gov'ment Borrow From Other Countries? Why Nt Print D Amount Needed? by Laitesmart(m): 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2012
A Colleague of mine asked me this question and i want intellects to answer since i can't find a elucidating answer to it.
The Question:
SINCE WE PRINT MONEY IN NIGERIA.. WHY DO THE GOVERNMENT HAVE TO BORROW FROM OTHER FOREIGN COUNTRIES AGAIN?
WHY CAN'T THE GOVERNMENT JUST PRINT THE AMOUNT NEEDED?
Re: Why Must Our Gov'ment Borrow From Other Countries? Why Nt Print D Amount Needed? by blank(f): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2012
Do you know the meaning of money?
Do you know the meaning of inflation?

Do a google search of the 2 terms above and you will have your answer.
Use Italy as a case study.
Re: Why Must Our Gov'ment Borrow From Other Countries? Why Nt Print D Amount Needed? by SAFO(m): 10:20pm On Jun 21, 2012
Laitesmart: A Colleague of mine asked me this question and i want intellects to answer since i can't find a elucidating answer to it.
The Question:
SINCE WE PRINT MONEY IN NIGERIA.. WHY DO THE GOVERNMENT HAVE TO BORROW FROM OTHER FOREIGN COUNTRIES AGAIN?
WHY CAN'T THE GOVERNMENT JUST PRINT THE AMOUNT NEEDED?

Because the Naira would become more worthless than it already is.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Let Anyone Talk Or Bring Your Dreams Down / Questions I Would Love To Asked Seun / RE: LIBERTY RESERVE AND ONLINE SCAM!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.