Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,282 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (477513 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Skymoore1004: 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by chaiks: 9:58pm On Apr 05, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Which Italian uni accepts 2:2 for masters and have free application?

Thanks
CA foscari University. Application will end on April 30. www.apply@unive.it

4 Likes

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Skymoore1004: 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
Thanks for replying. What’s the admission process like? Are you studying there?
chaiks:
CA foscari University. Application will end on April 30. www.apply@unive.it
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Tommicome: 5:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
Don not write yourself off. 2:2 is not really a limiting criteria in many top schools in Italy. Search for schools and apply.

Skymoore1004:
Which Italian uni accepts 2:2 for masters and have free application?

Thanks
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
chaiks:
thank you. Please who is in Padova University or knows anything about the release of their excellence scholarship list? They are pressing one to pay d admission fee

The scholarship and full tuition waiver list was uploaded today on the website

Check here www[dot]unipd[dot]it/en/scholarships and

www[dot]unipd[dot]it/en/admission-results

I wish you luck
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
grin
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by chaiks: 2:06pm On Apr 07, 2020
amikable97:

The scholarship and full tuition waiver list was uploaded today on the website

Check here www[dot]unipd[dot]it/en/scholarships and

www[dot]unipd[dot]it/en/admission-results

I wish you luck
thanks bro. I v checked. Not selected.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Skymoore1004: 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
Sorry but any Nigerian on the list?
chaiks:
thanks bro. I v checked. Not selected.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by chaiks: 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Sorry but any Nigerian on the list?
yes . Only one person.

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 2:28am On Apr 08, 2020
chaiks:
yes . Only one person.

A Nigerian got the full excellence scholarship coincidentally we applied for the same course (Sustainable Agriculture). I got the full tuition waiver.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Skymoore1004: 2:34am On Apr 08, 2020
Congrats
amikable97:

A Nigerian got the full excellence scholarship coincidentally we applied for the same course (Sustainable Agriculture). I got the full tuition waiver.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Congrats

Thanks
chaiks:
yes . Only one person.

You can still apply for veneto regional scholarship their acceptance rate is high. Check the school website for more

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by holly0077(m): 1:37am On Apr 09, 2020
Tommicome:
For the benefits of those asking questions about the different stages, although I might not be able to explicitly write out all that is needed to be done, but I will try to put some information together, which with some more search efforts, it should be enough to get going.

It behooves of everyone who wants to apply to adequately search for every necessary information. Below are the stages:

1. Search for schools
Search using Google and the popular URLs like bachelorsportal(dot)com, mastersportal(dot)com, etc. On every university portal, you will find information about the different courses they offer, the admission process and stages, school fees, scholarships, double degree options, ERASMUS options, accommodation, job statistics after graduation and the estimated standard of living in the cities where the schools reside. In a situation you are not so cleared, write the international offices of the schools and they would respond to you. Search on social media if you can also find people who are students in such institutions to also get the necessary information.

My little advice, if you are not really ready to give what it takes in terms of full time study, please don't apply to Politecnicos. They could be quite demanding, but if you think you are, give it a shot and you will be rewarded for it.

Please make sure you apply to at least 5 schools to increase your chances and to also have a better standpoint when making the decision to finally go for one.

2. Gather your documents and get them translated.
Usually, the Consulate have registered translators. Find out. Mrs Zita Folarin is one of those who do good jobs. There are others too. There are a number of them at the TBS complex in Lagos. We also have some in Abuja.

3. Authenticate the translated documents
The authentication is done at 2 different ministries: The Ministry of Education and The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja. You or an immediate member of your family has to do it. Please get receipt for all that you do and keep them

A faster way of doing things is to get the original documents from the translator while they continue with the translation, and then proceed with the authentication, because it could take time.

4.Apply for legalization and and pre-enrollment at the Consulate.
You need to book by sending an email (if I am still right). Read up on the website of the Consulate or take a stroll there on one of their open days to get the updated information. Go with the need cash and follow every instruction.

5.Apply for your VISA.
TIPS
-Use your parent, sibling or personal account and have not just enough money in there, but also a proven or good cash flow. Anything above 3m should do.
-Get a proven accommodation. Once you get your admission, start searching for student accommodations in the city where you plan to travel to. Write them and request to pay on arrival, but get all the needed document to show the Consulate.
-Properly fill the forms.
-Attach all the needed documents and prove strong ties to Nigeria, to convince them you will come back.
-Hope for the best, because luck also plays a big role.
-Don't give up. You can re-apply immediately after a rejection.

6. Travel

Documents you would need to work with:

1. Original WAEC result, with enough unused scratch cards at hand.
2. Original Bachelors certificate (if going for Masters)
3. Original Bachelors transcript
4. Family income statement. You will design it and get it signed at the High court. This is part of what you would need to obtain your scholarship when you get to Italy.
5 Birth Certificate. It has to be issued by the NPC. We have them in almost every state. Lagos can be expensive or slow.
6. Affidavit of birth, if born on or before 1990 (if I am right)

If you have any question or issue I haven't touched, please drop your questions. I won't answer the obvious or already written ones. Thanks.

ALL THE BEST!!!
what if the o'level is Neco for someone going for msc...?

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Rosunkeye(m): 11:38am On Apr 09, 2020
holly0077:

they don't accept neco

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by neccki: 4:11am On Apr 11, 2020
holly0077:

They accept NECO for MSc studies.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 7:12am On Apr 11, 2020
Rosunkeye:
they don't accept neco

neccki:

They accept NECO for MSc studies.

Since there are conflicting opinions to be on a safer side mail the admissions office or admissions officer for the course your going for to be extra sure.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Rosunkeye(m): 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
amikable97:

Since there are conflicting opinions to be on a safer side mail the admissions office or admissions officer for the course your going for to be extra sure.
check the embassy's website to affirm

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by krysten: 10:58am On Apr 13, 2020
I have a peculiar issue.

First I have an admission letter, enrollment letter, paid my tuition, got an invitation letter and a declaration of value exemption letter from Rome business school.

I didn't have to legalize my documents. Now the issue is can I apply for visa without any need for legalizing any of my documents
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by krysten: 11:04am On Apr 13, 2020
I saw the information on the link below:

https://students.com.ng/italian-student-visa-nigeria/

No.9

Original and photocopies of legalized birth records, school certificates and academic records (Bachelor degree, WAEC, etc) used for obtaining your admission to the Italian institute from the Ministry of Education, Foreign Affairs and the Italian consulate, Documents legalization. Click here to download the form

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by krysten: 11:06am On Apr 13, 2020
In addition, what's the minimum amount I need to have in my account for the visa application.

Thank you house
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Skymoore1004: 11:22am On Apr 13, 2020
How much is the tuition please?
krysten:
I have a peculiar issue.

First I have an admission letter, enrollment letter, paid my tuition, got an invitation letter and a declaration of value exemption letter from Rome business school.

I didn't have to legalize my documents. Now the issue is can I apply for visa without any need for legalizing any of my documents
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Dencotext: 6:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hi all,

After many years, God's favorite pikin is in the forum once more to give you guys a little advice.

Well I am in Italy now. If you are going to do your master, and moreover if you are sponsoring yourself, then you do not need to attach any birth certificate from NPC... that was my case. I know my rights so when the (African lady) staff from Italian consular office in Abuja called me on phone asking that I must also bring my birth certificate, I made sure she understood that it did not apply to me... she should go and ask her consular officer... who when he came on the phone told her (after asking me some questions) that it is not applicable to people in my category.

Why is it applicable and when is it not applicable? Although you could choose to do it anyway if you want even when it is not applicable.

If you are being sponsored by your family (you know a thirdparty sponsorship is not allowed) then it is a must that you should attach your birth certificate, even if you are going to do your master degree.

I once worked online with a university and we review docs coming in from allover the world, so I have a firsthand knowledge on how documentation verification exercise is carried out in general, it is not magical... the last person I counseled was a girl who was denied visa here at the Italian embassy in Lagos and she contacted me. By the time I reviewed how she packaged the visa that was denied, and pointed out the mistakes made and how to correct them, she repackaged the visa application as instructed and today she is in Italy. The funny thing is that no two person case that are denied visa may be exactly identical, because our packages are reviewed based on the categories we fit in, but basically there is two major categories which we could be placed
1. whether you are sponsoring yourself
2. or whether another person is sponsoring you

Any one of these two methods greatly change the way your application for student visa would be reviewed. The greatest example being the use of birth certificate not being necessary for those sponsoring themselves (even if you are not going to do a master degree). But becomes absolutely necessary for those who someone else may be sponsoring them, because the names of the one who is supposed to be your parent is stated on the birth certificate and it gives the reviewing officer facts that the person sponsoring you is your father or mother if it corresponds with name on the birth certificate. If it does not, and an uncle or brother is sponsoring you, the birth certificate incriminates you, so you have to attach court declaration of guardian/sponsorship and also prove of the family connection that exist between you and that member. If you fail to add extra documents apart from the court declaration, to prove the family connections, the visa reviewer may be unable to prove that they are your relatives, and so the person would be considered to be a thirdparty. And your visa application would be denied.

In the case of this girl that was denied visa, she was almost screaming at me on the phone that it was indeed her father who was sponsoring her (actually the person was by law her step father, because the mother remarried after the death of her father). But I made her understand how blind her argument was because the visa office would not know this fact, unless your father's name on the birth certificate matches your step father's name, but as it is, they are different. So no matter the court declaration that he is your guardian, it would not make sense. The visa office can only accept family sponsorship, which is a bit different from someone undertaking to sponsor you, that is why guardianship is highly suspicious. So I will add the third category
3. the trickish issue of guardianship

For a guardian to qualify as family and not a thirdparty, you must attach extra documents. There must be a legal or court declaration of sponsorship, and the second document should tackle the motive why they are sponsoring... like the fact they are (1) your husband (2) adopted parents (3) step father (4) relatives or brethren... outside these, someone with no family or legal tie is automatically a thirdparty. And again, each of these subcategories comes with some challenges to prove them. I will only single out two for explanations.... THE CASE OF A STEP FATHER AND THE CASE OF HUSBAND.

Having processed documents for my online university, we can only accept the name change of ladies that got married if they also attach their marriage certificate to explain why their academic documents bears a different surname from their current passport or ID. In that case, no need for court affidavit for name change, because marriage is a legal institution covered by the certificate.

In the case of a step father, as I had to think for some hours or days before I counseled that girl, the process of reviewing is about how legal and convincing your documents are. It made the greatest sense to me, who was well trained to review documents coming into my university from allover the world, that a step father proof can be proven systematically by including the following documents.... a) your birth certificate, which has your late father's name, and mother's name on it (that would be sufficient and more satisfactory than attaching their marriage certificate) b) the death certificate of your late father, c) the new marriage certificate of your mother to your step father d) a commitment letter of sponsorship from the court.... because in truth a step father, who did not born you, is not legally mandated to be your sponsor if they choose not to, so they must commit themselves legally to be considered your custodian. When this girl followed this series of inexplicable steps which I recommended for her, and presented all these documents, along with a letter of apology acknowledging that she realized why she was denied visa based on that fact.... she was granted the visa. She complained that the period to appeal has passed, but I kept reminding her that the visa application was not supposed to interfere with people's destiny if they meet the requirement...so if your university gives you admission, you can still arrive anytime during the first semester which last for about 4 to 6 months.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by regizoch(m): 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
Thank you... But What advise do you need to give if a friend is sponsoring me... How do you advice I package it?
Dencotext:
Hi all,

After many years, God's favorite pikin is in the forum once more to give you guys a little advice.

Well I am in Italy now. If you are going to do your master, and moreover if you are sponsoring yourself, then you do not need to attach any birth certificate from NPC... that was my case. I know my rights so when the (African lady) staff from Italian consular office in Abuja called me on phone asking that I must also bring my birth certificate, I made sure she understood that it did not apply to me... she should go and ask her consular officer... who when he came on the phone told her (after asking me some questions) that it is not applicable to people in my category.

Why is it applicable and when is it not applicable? Although you could choose to do it anyway if you want when when it is not applicable.

If you are being sponsored by your family (you know a thirdparty sponsorship is not allowed) then it is a must that you should attach your birth certificate, even if you are going to do your master degree.

I once worked online with a university and we review docs coming in from allover the world, so I have a firsthand knowledge on how documentation verification exercise is carried out in general, it is not magical... the last person I counseled was a girl who was denied visa here at the Italian embassy in Lagos and she contacted me. By the time I reviewed how she packaged the visa that was denied, and pointed out the mistakes made and how to correct them, she repackaged the visa application as instructed and today she is in Italy. The funny thing is that no two person case that are denied visa may be exactly identical, because our packages are reviewed based on the categories we fit in, but basically there is two major categories which are

Any one of these two methods greatly change the way your application for student visa would be reviewed. The greatest example being the use of birth certificate not being necessary for those sponsoring themselves (even if you are not going to do a master degree). But becomes absolutely necessary for those who someone else may be sponsoring them, because the names of the one who is supposed to be your parent is stated on the birth certificate and it gives the reviewing officer facts that the person sponsoring you is your father or mother if it corresponds with name on the birth certificate. If it does not, and an uncle or brother is sponsoring you, the birth certificate incriminates you, so you have to attach court declaration of guardian/sponsorship and also prove the family connection that exist between you and that member. If you fail to add extra documents apart from the court declaration, to prove the family connections, the visa reviewer may be unable to prove that they are your relatives, and so the person would be considered to be a thirdparty. And your visa application would be denied.

In the case of this girl that was denied visa, she was almost screaming at me on the phone that it was indeed her father who was sponsoring her (actually the person was by law her step father, because the mother remarried after the death of her father). But I made her understand how blind her argument was because the visa office would not know this fact, unless your father's name on the birth certificate matches your step father's name, but as it is, they are different. So no matter the court declaration that he is your guardian, it would not make sense. The visa office can only accept family sponsorship, which is a bit different from someone undertaking to sponsor you, that is why guardianship is highly suspicious. So I will add the third category

For a guardian to qualify as family and not a thirdparty, you must attach extra documents. There must be a legal or court declaration of sponsorship, and the second document should tackle the motive why they are sponsoring... like the fact they are (1) your husband (2) adopted parents (3) step father (4) relatives or brethren... outside these, someone with no family or legal tie is automatically a thirdparty. And again, each of these subcategories comes with some challenges to prove them. I will only single out two for explanations.... THE CASE OF A STEP FATHER AND THE CASE OF HUSBAND.

Having processed documents for my online university, we can only accept the name change of ladies that got married if they also attach their marriage certificate to explain why their academic documents bears a different surname from their current passport or ID. In that case, no need for court affidavit for name change, because marriage is a legal institution covered by the certificate.

In the case of a step father, as I had to think for some hours or days before I counseled that girl, the process of reviewing is about how legal and convincing your documents are. It made the greatest sense to me, who was well trained to review documents coming into my university from allover the world, that a step father proof can be proven systematically by including the following documents.... a) your birth certificate, which has your late father's name, and mother's name on it (that would be sufficient and more satisfactory than attaching their marriage certificate) b) the death certificate of your late father, c) the new marriage certificate of your mother to your step father d) a commitment letter of sponsorship from the court.... because in truth a step father, who did not born you, is not legally mandated to be your sponsor if they choose not to, so they must commit themselves legally to be considered your custodian. When this girl followed this series of inexplicable steps which I recommended for her, and presented all these documents, along with a letter of apology acknowledging that she realized why she was denied visa based on that fact.... she was granted the visa. She complained that the period to appeal has passed, but I kept reminding her that the visa application was not supposed to interfere with people's destiny if they meet the requirement...so if your university gives you admission, you can still arrive anytime during the first semester which last for about 4 to 6 months.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by krysten: 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
Skymoore1004:
How much is the tuition please?

6,800€, got a 25% scholarship and 10% full tuition discount.
That brings it to 4,590€
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by krysten: 10:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
Dencotext:
Hi all,

Why is it applicable and when is it not applicable? Although you could choose to do it anyway if you want when when it is not applicable.

I once worked online with a university and we review docs coming in from allover the world, so I have a firsthand knowledge on how documentation verification exercise is carried out in general, it is not magical... the last person I counseled was a girl who was denied visa here at the Italian embassy in Lagos and she contacted me. By the time I reviewed how she packaged the visa that was denied, and pointed out the mistakes made and how to correct them, she repackaged the visa application as instructed and today she is in Italy. The funny thing is that no two person case that are denied visa may be exactly identical, because our packages are reviewed based on the categories we fit in, but basically there is two major categories which are

Any one of these two methods greatly change the way your application for student visa would be reviewed. The greatest example being the use of birth certificate not being necessary for those sponsoring themselves (even if you are not going to do a master degree). But becomes absolutely necessary for those who someone else may be sponsoring them, because the names of the one who is supposed to be your parent is stated on the birth certificate and it gives the reviewing officer facts that the person sponsoring you is your father or mother if it corresponds with name on the birth certificate. If it does not, and an uncle or brother is sponsoring you, the birth certificate incriminates you, so you have to attach court declaration of guardian/sponsorship and also prove the family connection that exist between you and that member. If you fail to add extra documents apart from the court declaration, to prove the family connections, the visa reviewer may be unable to prove that they are your relatives, and so the person would be considered to be a thirdparty. And your visa application would be denied.

Thank you for the detailed response.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Skymoore1004: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
Per year? Or whole duration?
krysten:

6,800€, got a 25% scholarship and 10% full tuition discount.
That brings it to 4,590€
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Dencotext: 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
regizoch:
Thank you... But What advise do you need to give if a friend is sponsoring me... How do you advice I package it?
I cannot answer your question because your question is not as relevant as the documents you have to present... what I meant is that I WILL HAVE TO ASK YOU RATHER how you intend to package your visa documentation or have done already, as I do not know what is within your means as proofs... then I can give you a complete answer. I hope you understand my rambling... a thorough review is always better than a superficial advise, so that you get a satisfactorily answer without any single doubts about what you need to do... because at the end, you can only get a YES or NO answer for visa answer.

Mind you I am also avoiding being the one who will advise you how to package your documents, as it is not as if I am paid agent, so I only take a look at your plan or package in total and then be your best critic... if you can satisfy me, then I bet you, you will get the visa. In fact, be ready to fight for your right if you feel you are victimized unnecessarily, that fact is even stated on every visa denial, but don't bother to contest if you even do not know what you have done that is wrong... because of ignorance.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by krysten: 7:23am On Apr 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Per year? Or whole duration?

The entire study, it's 1yr sir
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by krysten: 7:41am On Apr 14, 2020
What is the minimum amount I need to present for the visa application
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by regizoch(m): 7:45am On Apr 14, 2020
OK
Dencotext:
I cannot answer your question because your question is not as relevant as the documents you have to present... what I meant is that I WILL HAVE TO ASK YOU RATHER how you intend to package your visa documentation or have done already, as I do not know what is within your means as proofs... then I can give you a complete answer. I hope you understand my rambling... a thorough review is always better than a superficial advise, so that you get a satisfactorily answer without any single doubts about what you need to do... because at the end, you can only get a YES or NO answer for visa answer.

Mind you I am also avoiding being the one who will advise you how to package your documents, as it is not as if I am paid agent, so I only take a look at your plan or package in total and then be your best critic... if you can satisfy me, then I bet you, you will get the visa. In fact, be ready to fight for your right if you feel you are victimized unnecessarily, that fact is even stated on every visa denial, but don't bother to contest if you even do not know what you have done that is wrong... because of ignorance.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 14, 2020
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by krysten: 8:51am On Apr 14, 2020
Hello house, has anyone received a declaration of value exemption letter from their school.

How do I use mine

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (232) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.