Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (478700 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Sheyilaw123: 3:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
Good day everybody,pls any idea of when Moe, MFA and Italian embassy open for work.
Thanks.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
Sheyilaw123:
Good day everybody,pls any idea of when Moe, MFA and Italian embassy open for work.
Thanks.

For that of MOE & MFA, let's wait till after 4th of May. Since that's when the lockdown will be lifted let's see what happens after that time if federal parastatals resume that means definitely the ministry will open but you can also ask someone living in Abuja to be sure before travelling
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 6:41am On May 04, 2020
tomiwaaa:
Good day bro. I'm a nairalander in your shoes. I saw a few of your posts and realised we are on the same track.
I am also trying my best possible to leave Nigeria to study a STEM course in any European country.
I'm from a very low and humble background but nothing is impossible looking at how far Munichlover has gone.
I have an A'level certificate (IJMB) if that can be used as the 100 level transcript Germany is demanding to study a Bachelor's degree. although I'm currently in 100 level agriculture, (UNIJOS).

I've gone through the Padova link that amikable97 shared to you and I don't think someone can choose a good course there.

My plan is to study Biomedical engineering or Public health in any country with a fully funded scholarship.
I'm quoting to know if we can probably flow and achieve this aim together. I feel so unmotivated here as well.
Thank you.

Good morning, I understand your situation but I can only be honest with you. If you don't have funds it is foolhardy to say you're looking for Bsc fully funded scholarship especially in europe. There are many scholarships and grants for MSc and PhD. Scholarship for BSC is almost non-existent except the University wants to give you scholarship or waiver but most scholarship bodies focus on MSc and PhD. My opinion will be finish up your BSC program here in Nigeria. I have gone through chiggsglover thread and he explained very succinctly why it's advisable to do it here. (I also suggest you visit his thread and read why)
One thing you should know is that most of the schools in Europe offer their BSC in their native language (official language) most of them don't take it in English it is possible to find BSC courses in English in a non-english speaking country but is difficult and they are few except you want to take the route of Ireland or England or Scotland (whatever be the case, please do more findings on this because I maybe giving an outdated information) but these countries are expensive. University of Padua has only very few courses for BSC that taken in English I think one of them is animal science and biotechnology or something related to that. The rest are in Italian including medicine and biomedical sciences.

I dropped a link to University of Padua funding page and if you think the school after perusing the site has no course that you wanna study you search elsewhere after all google is your friend. Saying you don't think there are good courses one can study in a school offering numerous courses even similar and in the same field as the ones you mentioned (but as MSc program) for a school almost nearing 800 years na big insult guy.
For the IJMB, I don't know what it is or what it can be used as an equivalent. But if you're asking for Germany they need your 100 level transcript or ND/HND there's no way around it. If you finally see a school you like, every course dey get their corresponding coordinator that will be in the best position to answer questions that you might have.
Cc: tomiwaaa

2 Likes

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 1:19pm On May 04, 2020
francdec4:
That's nice, Is your course English taught or you will have to learn Italian?

Yes my course is taught entirely in English. I'm only learning Italian passively so that I can move around and communicate with the locals
Here's the list of other courses that are taught in English https://www.unipd.it/en/english-degrees
Cc: francdec4
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by elijah101(m): 6:50pm On May 04, 2020
do schools accept HND for masters in Italy
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Skymoore1004: 7:20pm On May 04, 2020
No
elijah101:
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Sheyilaw123: 9:17am On May 06, 2020
amikable97:

For that of MOE & MFA, let's wait till after 4th of May. Since that's when the lockdown will be lifted let's see what happens after that time if federal parastatals resume that means definitely the ministry will open but you can also ask someone living in Abuja to be sure before travelling

Good day guys, please has MOE and MFA commence operation. I want to authenticate documents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Shercorp(m): 9:49am On May 06, 2020
Sheyilaw123:

Good day guys, please has MOE and MFA commence operation. I want to authenticate documents.

I too.. I'm in Lagos presently.. but I don't know about interstate travel.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 11:47am On May 06, 2020
Sheyilaw123:

I don't know I haven't made enquiries regarding that because I don't stay in Abuja. Even if they have for now interstate travel is still restricted
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 07, 2020
elijah101:
There are 2 types of masters. There is laurea magistrale and laurea specilistica. You can try your luck with the later.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by demmy79: 9:09am On May 08, 2020
any info about course fully taught in English language
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by demmy79: 9:11am On May 08, 2020
amikable97:

Yes my course is taught entirely in English. I'm only learning Italian passively so that I can move around and communicate with the locals
Here's the list of other courses that are taught in English https://www.unipd.it/en/english-degrees
Cc: francdec4
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by demmy79: 9:12am On May 08, 2020
Thanks for d info.pls how is their tution fee look like?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by holly0077(m): 12:57pm On May 08, 2020
Hello NL
Can student going for masters use Neco result with pass in mathematics for pre-enrollment?...Pls NL what can you say about this....
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Deltayankeeboi: 8:16pm On May 08, 2020
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 7:02am On May 09, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:

09030736350 bro please do you mind to pm me on whatsapp concerning your university scholarship. We talked sometime ago

The scholarship is usually reserved for first call applicants those that applied between 7th January - 7th March. Those applying for the 2nd application period 7th April - 7th July (2nd call) will have to pay fees.
There are no specific or separate requirement for the scholarship. Once you meet up to the requirements for admission you will automatically be considered for the scholarship.
You can send a pm via the pm button, my response time is poor on WhatsApp as I'm not that active
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 7:06am On May 09, 2020
demmy79:
Thanks for d info.pls how is their tution fee look like?
The tuition fee for all students is €2,600 per year
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Deltayankeeboi: 9:16am On May 09, 2020
Next call.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Deltayankeeboi: 9:17am On May 09, 2020
amikable97:

The scholarship is usually reserved for first call applicants those that applied between 7th January - 7th March. Those applying for the 2nd application period 7th April - 7th July (2nd call) will have to pay fees.
There are no specific or separate requirement for the scholarship. Once you meet up to the requirements for admission you will automatically be considered for the scholarship.
You can send a pm via the pm button, my response time is poor on WhatsApp as I'm not that active

For the first call applicants, is the scholarship fully funded?

Cost of living, tuition fee and flight ticket?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 10:18am On May 09, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:

For the first call applicants, is the scholarship fully funded?

Cost of living, tuition fee and flight ticket?

amikable97:

The school I got admission in offer different forms of Financial aids. They have 5 different university scholarship funding and 4 national and international scholarship funding for masters and undergraduate programs. 2 scholarship funding for phD.

I didn't get any of these the one I got was a full tuition waiver (you might want to call it half scholarship), because I need to take care of my accommodation and feeding.
https://www.unipd.it/en/funding-and-fees

amikable97:

The tuition fee for all students is €2,600 per year

The link i sent initially that has the different types of scholarship with various amounts of money awarded yet It is obvious that you don't want to read and make research towards any application and you expect me to spoon-feed you by answering questions all over again. How do you want to cope with schooling outside the country where the teaching and learning pattern is totally independent.
I will not answer other follow up question because that link + school website has all you need
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Obinnau(m): 1:03pm On May 09, 2020
amikable97:

The link i sent initially that has the different types of scholarship with various amounts of money awarded yet It is obvious that you don't want to read and make research towards any application and you expect me to spoon-feed you by answering questions all over again. How do you want to cope with schooling outside the country where the teaching and learning pattern is totally independent.
I will not answer other follow up question because that link + school website has all you need

lmao grin grin
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 1:10pm On May 09, 2020
Obinnau:
lmao grin grin
grin grin grin
See me see case o grin
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Deltayankeeboi: 5:02pm On May 09, 2020
ok
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Hashimyussufamao(m): 6:26pm On May 09, 2020
Obinnau:
lmao grin grin

Hello, brother? Learnt you're of the moderators on Poetry Section, pls check this poem out. It's worth being on front page. Together we can combat this wicked act

https://www.nairaland.com/5832234/poem-against-rape-hashimyussufamao
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Yaasir(m): 7:34am On May 10, 2020
Junio:
Hello Everyone
Please I just got admission at the university of Bolgna ...
I need help on how to get scholarship for university of Bologna (if available ) and how to continue with other processing ...
Thanks .
Which city are you going in Bologna?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by manlithe: 9:01pm On May 12, 2020
Thanks bro for this, just one question.

Does the employer have to attach the company's bank statement and registration particulars?

Dencotext:
Well yes I spoke with Krysten for close to one hour via whatsapp.

If you are sponsoring yourself, in a way, it is even better than if you are doing business because of the difficulties authenticating people who are using business as their means of sponsorship..

However their is perhaps 3 ways to justify finances, although the boundaries are not fixed because it is possible that you could fit into two or all the 3 categories simultaneously. But it is important you know why each category is important... I will list them the way you may less likely be denied visa.

A). You have a JOB {Full time employment) . Under this category, which many people look down on, you are even more likely to get the visa. If you study the requirement for Schengen visa for study in general, you will discover every country in Europe have slightly different requirements. Germany in particular require a huge amount deposited in your account, while Italy and Spain, which have close borders to Africa, have some more flexible African tendencies. They use the word PROOF OF SUSTENANCE, which is not necessarily a proof of CASH ON GROUND. If you don't have all the cash on ground, your job could be a guarantee that you are still employed, and you won't be a liability when you get there, and some salary allowance or study allowance money will still be coming to you, even if it is not expressively stated, you can borrow salary advance if need be. And that is why fulltime staff must take study leave or leave in general or some form of permission to show embassy that you may still be employed to that job, while schooling, but if you can't produce that, it will not be a good idea to tell embassy that you are resigning for your job, it will be better to keep quiet about that.... unless you really have option B and/or C as alternative.

B) You have a contract Job (Parttime employment) . Your employment letter will indicate whether you are working fulltime and entitled to things like leave, or whether you are working on contract basis, like per hour basis, and not entitled to leave and so on but a fixed negotiated money. I got my visa based under this category as I was working online. I had less than 1 million in my account, approximately E2000, but was able to demonstrate with my employment contract letter, salary account and payslip of 6 months, how much I was earning, that the job was online and when I get to Italy I will still continue to do my contract job online.

C) You are doing business.... only God knows there are perhaps many things people do to earn money business wise, but it is difficult if you do not have official documents to justify what kind of business you do. And again, if your account is suspected of being inflated unnecessarily (being assisted by a thirdparty deposit to inflate your account), you could be denied visa. Your account statement will show the names of people who deposited money into your account... but if organizations deposited money into your account is a better proof of doing business. But you could be a landlord or whatsoever, so a proof of business seemed easiest but also complicated in some ways.

So in conclusion, I advised Krysten, that I always advise anyone who is doing business but also have job, to include the account statement and letter of employment and payslips for the job and along with that of the business, because in nutshell OYIBO people will believe you more if you have a job. You would look like a very responsible fella... infact integrity is what they are looking for and the ability to authenticate what you do, that you are geniune... than all the cash you have in your account. If you know you have a business, they will take note of that better, if you also show them the job you are doing which gives them a clear picture how you obtain your finances to be a business man, it is even better. Because again experience counts.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by dgee1(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2020
For the authentication of documents in Abuja, how can someone in Lagos do it without travelling to Abuja? And from those that have authenticated their documents at MoE and MoFA, how much did it cost?
Thanks

Shercorp:

I too.. I'm in Lagos presently.. but I don't know about interstate travel.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 12:55pm On May 15, 2020
Please I wanna ask a question. If a person gets a tuition waiver and an additional scholarship funding to be paid yearly by the school for the total duration of the study does the person still need to attach statement of account of €6000 for the visa interview?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Obinnau(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2020
amikable97:
Please I wanna ask a question. If a person gets a tuition waiver and an additional scholarship funding to be paid yearly by the school for the total duration of the study does the person still need to attach statement of account of €6000 for the visa interview?
no.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by mrrandomguy: 5:46pm On May 15, 2020
Who has done pre enrollment? I just pray they will not cancel admission this year.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by amikable97: 6:10pm On May 15, 2020
mrrandomguy:
Who has done pre enrollment? I just pray they will not cancel admission this year.

Nobody has done pre-enrollment usually previous years it's usually done between June and July
Calm down
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 8:20am On May 16, 2020
amikable97:

Nobody has done pre-enrollment usually previous years it's usually done between June and July
Calm down
This is not correct. Though the consulate is more crowded in June, pre enrollment is actually between the last week of February and 1st week of July. So it is possible for some to have done it before the shutdown.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (232) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.