Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (477621 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
ernestleon: Why dont you try air maroc?

How reliable is it. I just fear some of these African carriers. Lol
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2012
i cant assure you...even the most well equiped plane could go down in a sec.but as for the price,its very cheap.they go directly to bologna,roma and milan
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
ernestleon: i cant assure you...even the most well equiped plane could go down in a sec.but as for the price,its very cheap.they go directly to bologna,roma and milan

Ok. Will sure check it up. Thanks
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
boss-man:

Ok. Will sure check it up. Thanks
no shit boss
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by darejamesbond(f): 8:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
@ernelston
ernestleon:
Six months and yes marriage pics may be needed...
@ernelston

thanks bro... but what about the N110,000 is that the required fees or tips.... and do they need to go to my people because most of the trusted family members are here abroad...just so that i know what to do before i head down to lagos...thanks bro for your ideas and advice.... and by the way is it possible to know those thier lawyers...
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2012
boss-man:

@Ernest, Can you confirm this for me? I have a visa that will expire Oct ending. I have not used the Visa. My school resumes Mid sept. A friend told me that I dont need to renew the Visa since I will have to apply for temporary permit when I get in in September. How reliable is this information?
is your visa for one year?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 8:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
newacca: @boss-man,superior1,rubenic and all,
Grazie a tutti. Thanks to you all.
Italian consulate in Lagos and its staff are not organized at all! They do not have any specific document requirements for study visa,and all they do is send gateman to you to tell you some of the documents you may "probably" need. Well,don't be bothered. If you are determined and know what you want,you will get there.
She got the visa on the 2nd attempt. First attempt,I went to consulate of Italy with her to enquire about the dox required for study visa,after all efforts made to reach 'em via d emails provided on their website proves to be futile. At the consulate in V/I the gateman requested for the offer letter,and took it inside. He came out later to tell us to bring out paper and pen and start to write:
Evidence of you admission to the school
Evidence say you have enough fund to study in Italy
Flight schedule
Health insurance.
Before the original admission package arrived,the schl resumption date was already 1.5months. Then application for visa was filed less than 1 month to resumption. On their website,I was made to understand that you will apply 22days before your proposed departure. Also,I feel her o/level result was necessary since she's going for a Diploma prog. and the embassy did request for it. I also feel since she had been given admission with the same O/Level then it shouldn't be an issue. Nothing know that's where d problem will arise.
Response from Lagos consulate came 1 mth after d schl has resumed,and it was refusal. Reason: Documents submitted to justify the purpose and condition of your visit is not reliable/ Remark: insufficient documents submitted for the purpose of your trip
This made her waited for another session which will be October,2012. I admonished her not to feel bad. God has reasons of doing things. This increases her commitment to fashion design and she concentrated on her training with a fashion designer here.While,she still have her deposited money in the school in Italy. The school rolled over the fee and gave her another admission for this year. So,I decided to fire again this time filling the loop holes.
She is going for a Diploma course in Fashion design at Firenze.
Listed below are the dox. she used:
* Admission letter from school(Certificate of Enrollment)
*Letter of accommodation for the school director
*Letter responsibility/Assurance from the school director
*Her O/Level result and WAEC website printout with scratch card
*Photos of some of her designs(Dresses she made)
*Statement of Purpose(consisting: reasons she wants to study fashion,reasons she chose Italy,reasons that will make her come back to Nigeria after studies)
*Sponsor's Bank statement: (Though first attempt was 6mths,The 2nd attempt was 4mths and had been printed out a month b4 visa application. The account balance was fatter in d 1st attempt than the 2nd attempt though)
*Letter from sponsor
*Letter of Intent from mother (Just formality though)
And of course faith in GOD above all.

@ernest,
if she wants to extend her visa after d Diploma to continue for Undergraduate course,did she has to come back to Nigeria?

@boss-man,

she was also issued with single entry,though I applied multiple for her.
did you use your accout for the visa application? was it a salary or business account?what was the balance u add at the time of printing the state? if business, did u include tax clearance certificate?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
darejamesbond: @ernelston@ernelston

thanks bro... but what about the N110,000 is that the required fees or tips.... and do they need to go to my people because most of the trusted family members are here abroad...just so that i know what to do before i head down to lagos...thanks bro for your ideas and advice.... and by the way is it possible to know those thier lawyers...
110k is the required fee for a person 150k for two...I hope you know that you will have to translate the documents to italian after the abuja wahala.As for the lawyer,he will be going to the address presented on the documents or affidavits.And yes its possible to know their lawyers different zone different lawyer.If you meet those security guards they could help you with that.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
rubenic:
is your visa for one year?

Yes it is one year.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 11:47am On Jul 31, 2012
@ernestleon,
Grazie mio fratello.

@Boss_man,

I'll check wakanow. She is heading to Firenze.

@rubenic,

not my account. I used her Uncle's account. It's a personal account. The balance of the 1st attempt was about #40M but acct. balance of the second attempt was #3.5m. Though the turnover was about #75m. No tax clearance included,just letter of sponsorship with the sponsor's company letter head paper.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2012
@newacca il piacere รจ mio.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2012
cool smiley
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by darejamesbond(f): 9:01am On Aug 01, 2012
ernestleon:
110k is the required fee for a person 150k for two...I hope you know that you will have to translate the documents to italian after the abuja wahala.As for the lawyer,he will be going to the address presented on the documents or affidavits.And yes its possible to know their lawyers different zone different lawyer.If you meet those security guards they could help you with that.

@ernestleon::

thanks bro, your advice is really helpful. By the way are you in niger now or outside...if i would really like to connect with you... at any rate, do you know any link i can use to take care of the abuja whala...i will be in lagos for sometime...and how much do you think that will cost....
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
darejamesbond:

@ernestleon::

thanks bro, your advice is really helpful. By the way are you in niger now or outside...if i would really like to connect with you... at any rate, do you know any link i can use to take care of the abuja whala...i will be in lagos for sometime...and how much do you think that will cost....
sorry im not in nija at the moment.To certify your documents wont cost you much roughly 25,000k or less if you go there yourself..As for the link,go to any high court you will find agents that take documents to abuja for legalization.
NOTE: it may take 2-3 weeks,a lawyer will be sent to investigate the authenticity of the documents before it will be certified.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by darejamesbond(f): 7:24pm On Aug 02, 2012
ernestleon:
sorry im not in nija at the moment.To certify your documents wont cost you much roughly 25,000k or less if you go there yourself..As for the link,go to any high court you will find agents that take documents to abuja for legalization.
NOTE: it may take 2-3 weeks,a lawyer will be sent to investigate the authenticity of the documents before it will be certified.

@ernestleon...
you mean 2-3 weeks for the abuja whala..but i read here that one could do it in same day in abuja and pick it up few days later with tips...what do you think ...is that correct.... 25,000K for tips in Abuja?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 9:19pm On Aug 02, 2012
darejamesbond:

@ernestleon...
you mean 2-3 weeks for the abuja whala..but i read here that one could do it in same day in abuja and pick it up few days later with tips...what do you think ...is that correct.... 25,000K for tips in Abuja?
if you take it there yourself,the 25k will probably be enough + tip inclusive...but wait how many documents do you really want to certify? If its more than one then the price wont be just 25k o..
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 9:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
@boss-man did your school send the hard copy of your admission letter? my school only sent the scanned copy and i dont think they will be sending the hard copy because it was not stated in the email they sent to me.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 11:40pm On Aug 02, 2012
rubenic: @boss-man did your school send the hard copy of your admission letter? my school only sent the scanned copy and i dont think they will be sending the hard copy because it was not stated in the email they sent to me.

They did not send. How far with your visa and DDV? Time is closing in!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 12:29am On Aug 03, 2012
boss-man:

They did not send. How far with your visa and DDV? Time is closing in!
i will be submitting my application on Monday. DV is not out o sad. i think i will submit without it. Im thinking of booking 3 days accommodation has prove of temporary accommodation. do u think that is ok?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by bossman4: 7:23am On Aug 03, 2012
rubenic:
i will be submitting my application on Monday. DV is not out o sad. i think i will submit without it. Im thinking of booking 3 days accommodation has prove of temporary accommodation. do u think that is ok?

I think it shud be okay except that a week could look more like it.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by darejamesbond(f): 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2012
ernestleon:
if you take it there yourself,the 25k will probably be enough + tip inclusive...but wait how many documents do you really want to certify? If its more than one then the price wont be just 25k o..

I want to certify...police certificate, marriage cert, and birth cert
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 8:13am On Aug 04, 2012
darejamesbond:

I want to certify...police certificate, marriage cert, and birth cert
it may be up to 45k or more...wait let me call someone to be sure.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 11:49am On Aug 05, 2012
@ernestleon & others,
Pls. aside the passport/visa,admission package and little money as BTA,what other document and things should my wife take along to make her cross the border at the port of entry.
Also,how much you would you suggest for her BTA?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
newacca: @ernestleon & others,
Pls. aside the passport/visa,admission package and little money as BTA,what other document and things should my wife take along to make her cross the border at the port of entry.
Thanks in anticipation
what's BTA?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2012
newacca: @ernestleon & others,
Thanks in anticipation
the BTA is not really a big deal 250euro should do but make she nor let those miscreants for MMA know say she get 250 euro dem go suck her dry.She should be more worried about the border of exit they make sure they suck her dry.The border of entry wont stress her just a look at her passport(visa page) ask a question or two then stamp the passport gbosa.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
rubenic:
what's BTA?
Basic Travelling Allowance.Its a certain amount of money you must have when travelling.Ironically i was having 80naira when i was travelling last year.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 7:08am On Aug 06, 2012
ernestleon:
Basic Travelling Allowance.Its a certain amount of money you must have when travelling.Ironically i was having 80naira when i was travelling last year.
cheesy
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 11:20am On Aug 06, 2012
@ernestleon,
Thanks a lot.
any clue to get cheap airflight from Lagos to Firenze? Any clue on how to get partime job for student? I heard it aint easy at all!!!!! but who knows?
Any clue of student life there?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by rubenic(m): 12:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
@newacca and all
which type of account did your wife's sponsor use? was it savings, current or cooperate? does the account type really matter? my sponsor is a businessman but uses a savings account.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
rubenic: @newacca and all
which type of account did your wife's sponsor use? was it savings, current or cooperate? does the account type really matter? my sponsor is a businessman but uses a savings account.

She used her sponsor's savings acct. You can you any account preferably personal account with good history of transaction.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
newacca: @ernestleon,
Thanks a lot.
any clue to get cheap airflight from Lagos to Firenze? Any clue on how to get partime job for student? I heard it aint easy at all!!!!! but who knows?
lagos to firenze is not a very popular route any flight you see will be very expensive.But why not try Royal Air Maroc,they travell lagos-morocco-milan,bologna,rome since she is going to florence then she should opt for rome because its closer..
As for part time job language may be a barrier but dont worry there are jobs that requires english speakers.You are allowed to work at maximum 20hours a week as a student and the minimum wage is 8euro per hour with a contract and 10 or more if its a black work(without a signed contract)
Life as a student in italy its great and fun most especially in florence
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by ernestleon(m): 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
newacca: @ernestleon,
Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.