Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan (7820 Views)

Bode George Denies Collecting N100m From Yuguda / Saraki Denies Collecting Money From Diezani For APC / IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by oluseg2: 8:20am On Jun 20, 2012
The Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Drugs/Narcotics and Financial Crimes, Mr. Adams Jagaba, on Tuesday opened up on the $620,000 bribe allegedly collected by Mr. Farouk Lawan from businessman, Femi Otedola.

Jagaba, whose committee oversees the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, wrote the Speaker of the House, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, denying to be in possession of the exhibit.

Part of the letter, dated June 19, which The PUNCH obtained on Tuesday, reads, “I wish to categorically and unequivocally state that there was never a time I was in possession of the sum of $620,000 or any other exhibits (in my personal capacity or official capacity as Chairman, House Committee on Drugs/Narcotics and Financial Crimes) relating to the subject matter of the above investigation.

“I hope this explanation lays to rest once and for all the claims that I or my committee is in possession of the sum of $620,000 purportedly given as bribe to the Ad-Hoc Committee on Monitoring of Fuel Subsidy Regime.”

Findings indicated that Jagaba was responding to a directive by Tambuwal asking him to respond to a letter from the office of the Inspector-General of Police.

The letter from the IG’s office was signed by the Commissioner of Police, Special Task Force on Subsidy Bribe Investigation, Mr. Ali Amodu.

It requested Tambuwal to retrieve and submit to the police, “the sum of $620,000, which Farouk Lawan admitted to have collected from a marketer and handed over to the House Committees on Financial Crimes and Anti-Corruption.”

The letter was dated June 15 and carried a reference number, CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/FHQ/ABJ/VOL.2/373.

On the other hand, the speaker’s letter to Jagaba was signed by his Special Adviser (Legal&Legislative), Mr. Chile Igbawua.

Tambuwal simply forwarded the IG’s letter to Jagaba with his own letter, directing him to respond to the issue raised therein.

The letter with reference number, NASS/SPK/LEG/VOL.II/294, stated, “The content of the said letter (IG’s) is self-explanatory and the Honourable Speaker has directed that you react urgently to the request in paragraph 1(I) Therefore to facilitate his action.”

As the development unfolded, the Deputy Chairman, House Committee on Information Communication Technology, Mr. Yusuf Tajudeen, commended President Goodluck Jonathan and Tambuwal for their commitment to implementing the report of the subsidy probe.

Tajudeen, who represents Kabba-Bunu/Ijumu Federal Constituency of Kogi State, said it was heartwarming that Jonathan promised the nation not to sweep the report under the carpet.

Meanwhile, some youths staged a protest at the gate of the National Assembly on Tuesday demanding detailed investigation into the bribery scandal.

Their coordinator, Mr. Solomon Adodo, said Nigerian youths were unhappy with developments at the National Assembly.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jagaba-denies-collecting-620000-bribe-from-lawan/
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by elari(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2012
laughing out in my native Tiv and foreign Swahilli languages.
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by Willzkid(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2012
Farouk, OYO 4 U...bear ur papa name- Lawan
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by talktrue1(m): 9:05am On Jun 20, 2012
ITT - International Thief Thief
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by lbotus(f): 9:06am On Jun 20, 2012
....and the story continues until it's swept under the carpet as usual. undecided
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 20, 2012
The people are tryina confuse dem mama and papa and not me. Otedola paid bribe and lawan accepted bribe as far as am concerned they both should be in jail now.

2 Likes

Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by Nigerd(m): 9:10am On Jun 20, 2012
oluseg2: The Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Drugs/Narcotics and Financial Crimes, Mr. Adams Jagaba, on Tuesday opened up on the $620,000 bribe allegedly collected by Mr. Farouk Lawan from businessman, Femi Otedola.

Jagaba, whose committee oversees the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, wrote the Speaker of the House, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, denying to be in possession of the exhibit.

Part of the letter, dated June 19, which The PUNCH obtained on Tuesday, reads, “I wish to categorically and unequivocally state that there was never a time I was in possession of the sum of $620,000 or any other exhibits (in my personal capacity or official capacity as Chairman, House Committee on Drugs/Narcotics and Financial Crimes) relating to the subject matter of the above investigation.

“I hope this explanation lays to rest once and for all the claims that I or my committee is in possession of the sum of $620,000 purportedly given as bribe to the Ad-Hoc Committee on Monitoring of Fuel Subsidy Regime.”

Findings indicated that Jagaba was responding to a directive by Tambuwal asking him to respond to a letter from the office of the Inspector-General of Police.

The letter from the IG’s office was signed by the Commissioner of Police, Special Task Force on Subsidy Bribe Investigation, Mr. Ali Amodu.

It requested Tambuwal to retrieve and submit to the police, “the sum of $620,000, which Farouk Lawan admitted to have collected from a marketer and handed over to the House Committees on Financial Crimes and Anti-Corruption.”

The letter was dated June 15 and carried a reference number, CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/FHQ/ABJ/VOL.2/373.

On the other hand, the speaker’s letter to Jagaba was signed by his Special Adviser (Legal&Legislative), Mr. Chile Igbawua.

Tambuwal simply forwarded the IG’s letter to Jagaba with his own letter, directing him to respond to the issue raised therein.

The letter with reference number, NASS/SPK/LEG/VOL.II/294, stated, “The content of the said letter (IG’s) is self-explanatory and the Honourable Speaker has directed that you react urgently to the request in paragraph 1(I) Therefore to facilitate his action.”

As the development unfolded, the Deputy Chairman, House Committee on Information Communication Technology, Mr. Yusuf Tajudeen, commended President Goodluck Jonathan and Tambuwal for their commitment to implementing the report of the subsidy probe.

Tajudeen, who represents Kabba-Bunu/Ijumu Federal Constituency of Kogi State, said it was heartwarming that Jonathan promised the nation not to sweep the report under the carpet.

Meanwhile, some youths staged a protest at the gate of the National Assembly on Tuesday demanding detailed investigation into the bribery scandal.

Their coordinator, Mr. Solomon Adodo, said Nigerian youths were unhappy with developments at the National Assembly.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jagaba-denies-collecting-620000-bribe-from-lawan/

I think the above captioned will explained better to those still having believe that Farouq Lawan never collected the said money for personal gain..
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by collins123(m): 9:12am On Jun 20, 2012
[size=14pt]Quarter to being swept under carpet. Whether u like it or not, e go still happen

I bet more SMARTER ones are looting right now [/size]
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by bohboh275(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2012
Damn still no charges brought against anyone... I wonder if our federal prosecutors are capable of doing their job.
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by jamil2(m): 9:17am On Jun 20, 2012
[b][/b]
collins123: [size=14pt]

I bet more SMARTER ones are looting right now [/size]

I Totally Agree!
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by Biggyd2: 9:21am On Jun 20, 2012
Issokay, we now have a new reality show in naija- KEEPING UP WITH FLAWAN!

Now can someone pleasssee tell me what happens to all the cabals in the subsidy report?
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by obiseq: 9:24am On Jun 20, 2012
Wonders shall never end! Kudos 2 those Youths at NA's gate 4 demanding 4 Justice. Youths on NL, it is now time 2 get up & fight corruptn wit our hands & stop all these e-fighting

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by Jabioro: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2012
Farouk see ur yansh 4 outside,all dis afterthought no go work.waka gently 2 jail.
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 20, 2012
Nigeria's democracy is the most complex in the world. We fared better in the military era. Should we say we are not matured enough for democracy? I think a government led by people who were trained to sacrifice their lives for the nation is better than that being led by rogues, robbers and thieves.

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by ziccoit: 9:28am On Jun 20, 2012
Farouk Lawan is a goner more than the Arsenal fc.

3 Likes

Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by Isrealbabs(m): 9:29am On Jun 20, 2012
is this a deliberate approach to fool d nation, why is dis blame/evidence shifting. why cant dis man speak out since, i hope dey knew lawal cant be covered anymore. shame on d leadership of d house. lawal ure left alone. nigerian should expect lawal to fight back more revelation on corruption in d house will soon come to light.
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by doctokwus: 9:32am On Jun 20, 2012
, some youths staged a protest at the gate of the National Assembly on Tuesday demanding detailed investigation into the bribery scandal.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jagaba-denies-collecting-620000-bribe-from-lawan/[/quote]
I bet if d youths were about about protesting non implementation of d fuel subsidy probe report,dey wud not b given permit to protest& neva b anywhere near d NASS.But a pro govt paid crowd can almost b allowed to evn stage their protest in d chambers itself

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by Murphylink(m): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2012
Ladies and gentle men. This is DANA AIR pilot announcing. We about to land at the airport but the (ad-hoc) airport manager, LAWAL FRAUD-CROOK is demanding from us that we should rob is finger with $ 3 million for a safe landing. Anybody with some money to safe our lives (naija people) or wisdom to get at him ?
Mr pilot kindly check the manifest, there is oneman called OLEDOLA he will surely be willinwg to donate little from what he stole from the common wealth.

3 Likes

Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by bafor: 9:50am On Jun 20, 2012
This is tales by moonlight grin grin grin cool
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by poj(m): 9:51am On Jun 20, 2012
Obviously farouk is on his own. It s quite clear he neva shared d loot, may be emenalo had a share sa. Who in ds nation wl be senstive to d plight of d masses? Pls God visit them wt severe punishmnt, i mean those smiling to d banks at our expense.
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by DIG1: 9:51am On Jun 20, 2012
Previous reports ve ¶† that FL lawyers said that FL did Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​oτ̣̣̥​ say he will return D̶̲̥̅̊ money, but that D̶̲̥̅̊ money is with Adams, Απϑ D̶̲̥̅̊ police should recover D̶̲̥̅̊ money from him. And now Adams Ȋ̝̊̅§ saying D̶̲̥̅̊ money Ȋ̝̊̅§ Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​oτ̣̣̥​ with him. Can someone pls tell FL τ̅☺ keep quiet and quietly walk τ̅☺ kuje prison
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by christ4kay: 9:59am On Jun 20, 2012
Oh Lord! the creator of the universe! Whoever is behind this madness, killing of innocent lives and destruction of properties, no matter how high or low, how powerful or strong,leaders or followers, Muslims, christians or pagans, Northerners or Southerners, no matter their political allegiance or tribe, may God almighty expose them, humiliate them and put them to shame in this world.Amen

3 Likes

Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by gbokukueba(m): 10:19am On Jun 20, 2012
Only if the Nigerian Police display this kind of attitude and determination in looking for this missing 620k dollar in everyday life, Nigeria will be the safest place on earth. undecided
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by kennytidistar(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2012
this is super story!

i me be lawan i go mention everybody name for the house since theyve all denied me cause if i had succeeded they will all come to me for their own cut of the national cake! i dey laugh in ESIE.

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by Ogblikwe(m): 10:46am On Jun 20, 2012
morufoye: Nigeria's democracy is the most complex in the world. We fared better in the military era. Should we say we are not matured enough for democracy? I think a government led by people who were trained to sacrifice their lives for the nation is better than that being led by rogues, robbers and thieves.

In as much as I would agree with with you of the unfortunate situation at the National Assembly; believe me, we are better off under a democracy (we can have our own unique democracy). Worse things happens under the Military you may not just be aware of, even where you are aware, you cannot voice out the way we are doing now. What is needed is we march our words with action (non-violent), just like what happened during the fuel subsidy removal demonstration across the country, then our so called leaders will know we can't just be taken for granted. Drop this thought of Military, they are no good, am sure you are old enough to have experienced them.

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by kaeto(m): 10:50am On Jun 20, 2012
We must get to the root of this matter, f.lawan,as far as am concern is in no way honourable and should be saddling his donkey to jail. He spent up the money or laundered it abroad for his unborn kidz while his senseless northern brothers are wastingtheir precious lives. One way,some way,one day,some how,the eyes of the northern muslim youths must open to the atrocities of massive enslavement by their heartless leaders.
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by waja(m): 11:03am On Jun 20, 2012
Farouk, this movie don't want to start. Only advertisement everyday. B4 we know, we shall be watching part 2. Make una start oh!

1 Like

Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by debosky(m): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2012
See Jagba denying Farouk like Peter denying Jesus! cheesy

It seems FL is going to be the sacrificial lamb to cover the excesses of the house of reps.
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by samsuny(m): 11:19am On Jun 20, 2012
Politicians!!!!! Always playing to be ahead of the masses........ and the diversionary tactics/intrigues continues. Watch out for part two of this.....
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by bright007(f): 11:36am On Jun 20, 2012
What å pity!Farcrook is å drowning man who will clasp/grasp/clash at any straw
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by idlaw2k3(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2012
WHERE IS THE MONEY? HABA!
Re: Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan by maasoap(m): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2012
obiseq: Wonders shall never end! Kudos 2 those Youths at NA's gate 4 demanding 4 Justice. Youths on NL, it is now time 2 get up & fight corruptn wit our hands & stop all these e-fighting
Kudos to them indeed. The youth that didn't protest for the implementation of fuel subsidy report are now demanding for prosecution over mere #90million bribe. It was a sponsored protest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Remembers Nelson Mandela Today. / Much Ado About Election Reordering / Insecurity: Hope Uzodinma Has Failed, Lacks Capacity To Govern - Imo PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.