Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven (7653 Views)

Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Nigerian Who Went to Heaven Shares Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by cyrexx: 10:30pm On Jun 21, 2012
alexleo:

As far as am concerned the man is just misinterpreting the scriptures and i also see the devil using his interpretation to destroy this divine message. I wish i have enough time i would have have listed his own errors too.

LOL

hmmm, you are very funny and you dont know it.

is the man not using the bible, the same bible you use to confirm or disprove spiritual truths?

anyone who shares your myopic view is scripturally sound and his/her message is divinely inspired

and anyone who proves them wrong is misinterpreting the scriptures and used of the devil to destroy the divine message.

how convenient. anybody can that.

your statement "as far as i am concerned" speak volumes.
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by alexleo(m): 11:21am On Jun 22, 2012
cyrexx:

LOL

hmmm, you are very funny and you dont know it.

is the man not using the bible, the same bible you use to confirm or disprove spiritual truths?

anyone who shares your myopic view is scripturally sound and his/her message is divinely inspired

and anyone who proves them wrong is misinterpreting the scriptures and used of the devil to destroy the divine message.

how convenient. anybody can that.

your statement "as far as i am concerned" speak volumes.

yeah he is quoting the same bible but when you misapply the bible should one now swallow the error just because he quoted the bible? The same bible is what some pastors are quoting to exploit churh members so we cant swallow whatever just
because the person quoted bible. Read matthew 4;1-11 you will see that satan quoted bible for Jesus too but he didnt fall for it.
If i had enough time i would have pointed out his error. Let me also commend you for your open mindedness in discussion. That is one thing i cherish about. There are some others like that here too and i commend them. Cheers dear.
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by olempe(m): 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
alexleo:

Because we are created in God's image thats why earth and heaven share many things in common. While the ones in heaven are perfect, the ones in earth are not as perfect because of sin and satan that has spoilt this world. When we get to heaven we enjoy this things in its perfectness. Dont miss heaven my dear.

Duly noted my brother...
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2012
alexleo:

Thanks dear, but you have no proof that there is non existent after-life when there are many people that have experienced it. Is it fair enough to dismiss what people living in different locations of the world and even various other religion said they have experienced and gave their life to Christ and say it does not exist just because you ve not experienced it? I mean in all fairness apart from the fact that it confirms the scriptures.

Concerning the bible, catholics dont even read much of the bible rather they dwell
much on the catholic books and if they wrote the bible how come they aint following it strictly? Where comes the strange doctrine and traditions we see in their system which is outside the bible?
May God help us to be close to him and may he prepare all of us for heaven. My dear brother, i always pray for you that God will draw u close to him so that you ll serve him in spirit and in truth and make heaven at last. You must not miss heaven.

hey dear friend, please dont criticise what you dont understand, it is a fact that the early roman catholic compile and canonise the bible in the council of hippo. The scripture according to those who compiled them are part of tradition. So i think it is the protestants that got it wrong. Im not ready for a long debate so i'll simply ask you to make sincere inquiry and research into the catholic church before you issue condemnations. Abeg take am easy. I sincerely doubt that an average protestant uses the bible as much as a practicing catholic. To memorise the bible doesnt mean you know it better.
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by Kay17: 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2012
The Catholic Church is actually the nearest representative of the doctrines of Jesus, as it is built on the words of St Peter.
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 25, 2012
Kay 17: The Catholic Church is actually the nearest representative of the doctrines of Jesus, as it is built on the words of St Peter.

It is not !!!
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by Kay17: 10:41pm On Jun 25, 2012
^^
Why do you say so?? Despite the fact that the Catholic Church is responsible for the creation, compilation and protection of the Bible. The Bible existed after the Church.

Note that the Church here is the followers of Christ.
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by amor4ce(m): 5:10am On Jun 26, 2012
demonic apparitions/visions and the likes.
How is it that Negroes don't feature in such visions?
Don't Negroes go to heaven as well?
How is it that people with names like Sule, Tunde, Chinedu etc are not included in these visions?
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by keneslow: 6:55am On Jun 26, 2012
All this church wahala kini ? Is it not one church of God? Yet we have one million denominations fighting each other, who's right who's wrong. Ultimately, be a good person and do good things; that to me is ultimate whether u be Christian or Muslim or Buddhist
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 2:35am On Jun 27, 2012
frosbel:

It is not !!!
actually if you want to make a good discussion you need to back up your claims, you just cant come here and shout 'it is not!!'.
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by Enigma(m): 3:40am On Jun 27, 2012
Kay 17: ^^
Why do you say so?? Despite the fact that the Catholic Church is responsible for the creation, compilation and protection of the Bible. The Bible existed after the Church.

Note that the Church here is the followers of Christ.

I am assuming you mean the Roman Catholic Church. It is very common to see such a statement as yours nowadays, especially in the Internet age when false information is so easily and widely spread and preferred by many people at the expense of a rigorous examination of the truth.

First of all, the Roman Catholic church is certainly not responsible for the creation of the Bible.

Secondly when it comes to compilation, where the misleading impression that it was the action of the Roman Catholic Church is more common, you will have to deal with a number of important points on the history of the universal* Christian Church. {*Note that 'catholic' simpliciter really means 'universal' --- again an important point you will have to address}

Questions you will have to address include:

- What is the Roman Catholic Church?
- When did the Roman Catholic Church come into existence?
- Is the Roman Catholic Church, which is also called the C[/i]atholic Church (note the capital 'C'), the same thing as the c[/b]atholic Church (note the small 'c')?
- Was it really the [i]Roman
Catholic Church aka the C[/i]atholic Church that preserved and "compiled" the Bible or was it the [b]c[/b]atholic Church?
- What is the effect of the East-West Schism that finally eventuated in the [b]11th century
on our understanding of that which is known as the [i]Roman Catholic Church or the [i]C[/i]atholic Church?

cool
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 10:36am On Jun 27, 2012
Enigma:

I am assuming you mean the Roman Catholic Church. It is very common to see such a statement as yours nowadays, especially in the Internet age when false information is so easily and widely spread and preferred by many people at the expense of a rigorous examination of the truth.
people started calling the Catholic church 'roman' when the anglo-catholic started to claim catholicity, it was used to differentiate between the Catholic church and the anglicans. It would interest you to know that since vatican 1 the Catholic church has officially droped the 'roman' tag.

First of all, the Roman Catholic church is certainly not responsible for the creation of the Bible.
The Catholic church is my dear.

Secondly when it comes to compilation, where the misleading impression that it was the action of the Roman Catholic Church is more common, you will have to deal with a number of important points on the history of the universal* Christian Church. {*Note that 'catholic' simpliciter really means 'universal' --- again an important point you will have to address}
sorry to burst your bubble the compilation of the bible wasnt ecumenical, it wasnt done by the universal church it was done in a regional council in africa and confirmed by the pope in rome.

the church instituted by christ.
Catholic church came into existence in 33 AD.
- Is the Roman Catholic Church, which is also called the C[/i]atholic Church (note the capital 'C'), the same thing as the c[/b]atholic Church (note the small 'c')?
you gat to be kidding me.
- Was it really the [i]Roman Catholic Church aka the C[/i]atholic Church that preserved and "compiled" the Bible or was it the [b]c[/b]atholic Church?
if you want to talk about before the schism then im happy to inform you that the compilation and preservation was done in the roman see.
- What is the effect of the East-West Schism that finally eventuated in the [b]11th century on our understanding of that which is known as the [i]Roman Catholic Church or the [i]C[/i]atholic Church?

cool
ha! That schism simply divided the east from the west, the west retain the name of the church 'Catholic church' while the east decided to call herself orthodox church.
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by gst101: 11:26am On Jun 27, 2012
this is a false story. The catholic church preaches that there is hel.and that can be seen in the apostles creed 'i believe in the life of the world (heaven or hell') to come. Pls verify it yourselves dont take my word for it. And if you confirm it, i want you to come to agree that there are false hood in this story. You can also take books written by the pope to see for your self that he preached the existence of hell.
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by Kay17: 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2012
Enigma:

- Was it really the [i]Roman
Catholic Church aka the C[/i]atholic Church that preserved and "compiled" the Bible or was it the [b]c[/b]atholic Church?
- What is the effect of the East-West Schism that finally eventuated in the [b]11th century
on our understanding of that which is known as the [i]Roman Catholic Church or the [i]C[/i]atholic Church?

cool

The Catholic Church aka the universal Church was more or less the recognized and official Christianity, it believed its infallible and the only mouthpiece of Christ. It would be misleading to believe there were no divergent Christianities.

The Schism in my view, simply is a breakout by the present Orthodox Church. The present Church is not substantially different from the Church prior to the schism. Same organisation, same capital, same doctrines it touted then.
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by joe4christ(m): 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2012
Ubenedictus: people started calling the Catholic church 'roman' when the anglo-catholic started to claim catholicity, it was used to differentiate between the Catholic church and the anglicans. It would interest you to know that since vatican 1 the Catholic church has officially droped the 'roman' tag.

The Catholic church is my dear.

sorry to burst your bubble the compilation of the bible wasnt ecumenical, it wasnt done by the universal church it was done in a regional council in africa and confirmed by the pope in rome.

[size=15pt] the church instituted by christ.
Catholic church came into existence in 33 AD.
[/size]
you gat to be kidding me.
if you want to talk about before the schism then im happy to inform you that the compilation and preservation was done in the roman see.
ha! That schism simply divided the east from the west, the west retain the name of the church 'Catholic church' while the east decided to call herself orthodox church.

You must be high on something to have said the bolded, what version of the bible do you read at all?
It was rather the penticostal church that was established and formally known as the 'people of the way' that was even after the ascention of christ ti heaven, go read your bible, among all denominations which one amongs them trully practises the doctrine of the bible other than a man made doctrine if not the penticostal church.

I'm not gonna argue with anyone on this, but we all will see the truth for ourselves on the last day!
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 6:16am On Jul 02, 2012
joe4christ:

You must be high on something to have said the bolded, what version of the bible do you read at all?
It was rather the penticostal church that was established and formally known as the 'people of the way' that was even after the ascention of christ ti heaven, go read your bible, among all denominations which one amongs them trully practises the doctrine of the bible other than a man made doctrine if not the penticostal church.

I'm not gonna argue with anyone on this, but we all will see the truth for ourselves on the last day!
hahahahahahaha taqatara, i seems im laughing in tongues. Hahatapa, where did you get the idea that the protestants were mentioned in the bible? Are you ignorant of the fact that the protestant church began in the 16th century when luther rebelled? Are you ignorant of the fact that you are following in the footsteps of luther? Are you ignorant of the fact that for 1500yrs of christainity no protestant church existed?
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by dorox(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2012
"Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven" is indeed a tale albeit a very tall one.

1 Like

Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by eduappollo(m): 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
Kay 17:
What if the story is false??
The story is real,I believe it.Prepare ur self now that's still time.
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by mamatee: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
I earnestly pray for grace to be ready and rapturable when d trumpet sounds, Christ appears in d Cloud of glory and d rapture takes place. Lord help me make it to heaven at last In Jesus Name.
Re: Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
eduappollo: The story is real,I believe it.Prepare ur self now that's still time.

it is a fable.

smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Am Not Voting For President Obama / God Does Not 'EXIST' / Can You Find The 16 Hidden Books Of The Bible In This Piece?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.