Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Third Mainland Bridge Shutting Down? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Mainland Bridge Shutting Down? (754 Views)

Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) / Radio Stations Shutting Down / Photos: The Longest Banner In Nigeria Hit Third Mainland Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Third Mainland Bridge Shutting Down? by yuzedo: 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2012
Information just got in that from July 1st 2012 to November, the crucial Third mainland bridge in Lagos State linking the Mainland to the Island will be shut down ostensibly for repair works to be carried out.

As much as the intentions are noble and long overdue, one cannot but fault the timing of the project. Not only is Ozumba Mbadiwe Road in Victoria Island on a lock-down thus generating traffic all over the island, there is no alternative route to counteract or mitigate the traffic this action will generate.

Methinks the December period when most people would have left the state for their various towns would have been a better time to carry this out.

Also hoping and praying that adequate security will be provided to ensure that robbers don't have a field day in all the traffic that will ensue.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Shutting Down? by yuzedo: 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2012
Source: @NigeriaNewsdesk
SHIT JUST GOT REAL MY PEOPLE!!! Five months of horror!
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Shutting Down? by gulfer: 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2012
I hope this is not TRUE oooooo
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Shutting Down? by yuzedo: 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2012
DAY ONE
. . . Waking up, I saw someone's blackberry message bemoaning traffic @ 5.30am on the bridge! I was so scared at that, I set out 30mins earlier, leaving my house @ 6.30am. From Maryland to Marina, I used the Ikorodu Road Route. Traffic was slow-moving but luckily I had the foresight to use the service lane. It was almost smooth-sailing and I got to work in very good time.

Returning home was even sweeter. I took the risk of 3rd mainland even though earlier reports indicated chaotic traffic. It took me exactly 5mins to clear the bridge and even Oworonshoki axis was free. Got home on a personal best of 6.15pm as opposed to 7pm.

Thank you FG/LASG! Please repair the bridge everyday! grin

(1) (Reply)

Can Amnesty Be A Solution To Boko Haram / Cross River Vs Akwa Ibom Oil Well Saga / Condemn Boko Haram, Clark Dares IBB, Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.