Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan (13636 Views)

Why I Didn’t Abandon Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan – Fayose / Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Don’t Abandon My Husband In 2015- Patience Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 12:49am On Jun 21, 2012
bayooooooo:

First thing first, learn to write in a manner appealing to eyes. It will help you for the rest of your natural life.
Two, you don't need to take IQ test to confirm your stupidity, that's pretty much obvious.

Now, there is something called delegation of duties and responsibilities. Such duties you hyped about can be delegated. Infact, Minister of Defence not to talk of Vice President can order troops to combat zones. Who mobilized troops to airport when Yar'Adua was dying and could not talk?
i suppose you can quote that section of the constituition that empowers a political appointee to deploy members of the armed forces.i wonder why you enjoy displaying your ignorance
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex:

The UK recovered from the IRA.. Your analogy is wrong again!!

What do you support incompetence? You're too educated, and articulate for this, brother...

Leave that to Beaf, and Jmaine...

First, I don't support incompetence. I know GEJ's performance has been execrable and his administration has fallen below people's expectations. That one seems obvious from barrage of criticisms and displeasure being expressed on daily basis against his policies and person.

That does not mean he's wrong or entirely culpable on everything bad associated with Nigeria. one of such is the worsening security situation. His presence in Nigeria at this point in time would not change the dynamics or calculus of bombing. If we know that, why are we criticizing him? why? Besides, he is not on leave of pleasure vacation.

As for IRA, the problem solved when the Ireland was pacified. If you introduce Sharia throughout the length and breath of Nigeria today, BH will likely stop bombing churches and the so called infidels.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 21, 2012
Delafruita:
i suppose you can quote that section of the constituition that empowers a political appointee to deploy members of the armed forces.i wonder why you enjoy displaying your ignorance

It's good your writing has shown a measured improvement. Keep it up.

Why are you still wondering? Why don't you just shut me up by quoting the relevant sections of the constitution?
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by OneNaira6: 12:56am On Jun 21, 2012
Delafruita:
you are sick.jacob zuma isnt attending,john atta mills isnt attending,micheal sata isnt attending,yaya boni isnt attending.i dont see how their countries lose from a meaningless summit where delegates hole up in five star hotels eating lobster and drinking caviar

And you are the fool whom actually think a summit about poverty, global warming, food shortage, etc and how to reduce its impact on each nations is meaningless. Continue to wonder, hopefully one day God will open your brain enough to teach you meanings of the words attached to the summit, maybe then you'll understand when and when not to use the word "meaningless". I see you take joy in displaying your stupid1ty, nothing do you. More power to you sha
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by lacasa: 1:00am On Jun 21, 2012
bayooooooo:

Stop fooling yourselves! GEJ has done nothing wrong in embarking on such a journey. There is vice president who knows the geography of the North more than Ebele. Security officials have been briefed and the business of governance is on course.

Whatever it is, security of the people remains top above everyother thing.

i remember, a few months back, when there was an economic summit whereby China had a large role to play in that summit but the sameday violence broke out in the budhist region of the country whereby several monks were killed.

The chinese president cancelled the trip outright & sent a delegate instead.

That is a what leaders do, the stability, security & welfare of his citizens come first in everything.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 21, 2012
bayooooooo:
That does not mean he's wrong or entirely culpable on everything bad associated with Nigeria. one of such is the worsening security situation. His presence in Nigeria at this point in time would not change the dynamics or calculus of bombing. If we know that, why are we criticizing him? why? Besides, he is not on leave of pleasure vacation.

I don't think the C-in-C of any developed would be in Brazil, if their country is under attack.. During the London riots, David Cameron had to cut short his holiday - and return to the UK... And why was he in Brazil in the first place?

As for IRA, the problem solved when the Ireland was pacified. If you introduce Sharia throughout the length and breath of Nigeria today, BH will likely stop bombing churches and the so called infidels.

I'll continue to stress my point that BH isn't about Islam - and even if Sharia is introduced throughout Nigeria, that won't stop the bombings.. BH is more of a political tool, than the Islamic ideology - most want us to believe it is.. If BH was about Islam, the bombings would've been nationwide..

BH is the Northern version of MEND.. Put the dots together, and you will get the bigger picture
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Mallamabdul: 1:06am On Jun 21, 2012
Delafruita:
you are sick.jacob zuma isnt attending,john atta mills isnt attending,micheal sata isnt attending,yaya boni isnt attending.i dont see how their countries lose from a meaningless summit where delegates hole up in five star hotels eating lobster and drinking caviar
@ delafrriut, I never knew you were this dumb. So if you re the President of Nigeria today, you would fail to attend a meeting because Jacob Zuma of SA was nt invited. Do you knw the position of Nigeria in the comity of Nations? As Abati pointed out, This prestigious invitation had long been given to Nigeria- Giant of Africa. So Gej attended in order to honour this invitation. What could he have stayed back to do? Does he need to be present before the Army fight the terrorists? He has already deployed Soldiers to the streets of KD. A curfew was in place before he left. He consulted the Senate before he left. Even the Senate refused his suggestion to declare State of Emetgency in the affected Sates. He handed over to his vice who was a former Governor of Kaduna to just oversee his directives on the Military for just few days. So what else do you want him to do? Maybe you want him to be a security guard in the streets of Kaduna before you re satisfied.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 21, 2012
lacasa:

Whatever it is, security of the people remains top above everyother thing.

i remember, a few months back, when there was an economic summit whereby China had a large role to play in that summit but the sameday violence broke out in the budhist region of the country whereby several monks were killed.

The chinese president cancelled the trip outright & sent a delegate instead.

That is a what leaders do, the stability, security & welfare of his citizens come first in everything.

I agree with you, security is important. But GEJ does not have to be in Nigeria at this point in time to guarantee that security.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by SisiKill1: 1:07am On Jun 21, 2012
Climate Change vs Every day bombing

Everyday bombing vs Climate Change

Hmmm. . . This is a tough one. While both are serious, it is obvious one is more serious than they other and only someone with forethought can understand why GEJ went to Brazil.

Our President chose to go discuss global warming because he knows how dangerous it is. .you guys don't just know. The bombed victims. . . God rest their soul, are the lucky ones. The will be spared the horrible fate which awaits the living as a result of global warming. Can you imagine how awful life would be if all the people on earth starts sweating all over the place? I shudder in fear!!

Y'all keep this in mind as you insult this intelligent man whose only crime is being too forward thinking. What the rest of us hope to see in 10yrs, GEJ sees now.

He sees the millions and millions of handkercheif that will have to be produced to combat sweat caused by global warming.

He sees the gallons and gallons of water that will be wasted because people are forced to take multiple showers a day to fight off sweat smell. . . And this is for the rich who can afford to dig their own borehole.

The man with no shoes understands how not being able to afford multiple showers can cause resentment of the haves by the havenots. Many a class wars have started because of things like this oh!

In short GEJ knows and the sooner we all learn to trust him the better for us all. I for one feel so much better knowing someone out there is concerned about my sweat glands.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by niyitogun(m): 1:09am On Jun 21, 2012
dayokanu: "The situation" is the name of this Brazilian model below

So when Jonathan says He is on top of the situation you suppose know say na code

The last time Retardeen went to Australia for CHOGM he brought untold embarrasment to us by molesting a woman in Perth

=))=Dlaffº˚˚°º≈wanº˚˚°º≈tearº˚˚°º≈myº˚˚°º≈belleº˚˚°ºooo≈=))=D
Una no go kill person for NL
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Climate Change vs Every day bombing

Everyday bombing vs Climate Change

Hmmm. . . This is a tough one. While both are serious, it is obvious one is more serious than they other and only someone with forethought can understand why GEJ went to Brazil.

Our President chose to go discuss global warming because he knows how dangerous it is. .you guys don't just know. The bombed victims. . . God rest their soul, are the lucky ones. The will be spared the horrible fate which awaits the living as a result of global warming. Can you imagine how awful life would be if all the people on earth starts sweating all over the place? I shudder in fear!!

Y'all keep this in mind as you insult this intelligent man whose only crime is being too forward thinking. What the rest of us hope to see in 10yrs, GEJ sees now.

He sees the millions and millions of handkercheif that will have to be produced to combat sweat caused by global warming.

He sees the gallons and gallons of water that will be wasted because people are forced to take multiple showers a day to fight off sweat smell. . . And this is for the rich who can afford to dig their own borehole.

The man with no shoes understands how not being able to afford multiple showers can cause resentment of the haves by the havenots. Many a class wars have started because of things like this oh!

In short GEJ knows and the sooner we all learn to trust him the better for us all. I for one feel so much better knowing someone out there is concerned about mu sweat gland.

WTF is global warming? shocked grin grin

Another fraud to rip people off.. If they care about global warming that much, they would have stopped gas flaring...

How old are you again?? You sound like my 12years old sister.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex:

I don't think the C-in-C of any developed would be in Brazil, if their country is under attack.. During the London riots, David Cameron had to cut short his holiday - and return to the UK... And why was he in Brazil in the first place?

I'll continue to stress my point that BH isn't about Islam - and even if Sharia is introduced throughout Nigeria, that won't stop the bombings.. BH is more of a political tool, than the Islamic ideology - most want us to believe it is.. If BH was about Islam, the bombings would've been nationwide..

BH is the Northern version of MEND.. Put the dots together, and you will get the bigger picture

He is in Brazil to attend United Nations' Earth Summit, RIO+20.

Boko Haram thrives on Islamic ideology. They are not bombing mosques. They are targeting christians, infidels and government institutions as a retaliation against members in custody. BH activities might very well suit the overall political ambition of some hard core Northerners but the sect is entirely Islamic in concept, outlook and operations. Boko is about Islam.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by niyitogun(m): 1:16am On Jun 21, 2012
But sincerely din't think his presence in the country would hv made a difference nw, cos while he was around he din't do anything either
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by SisiKill1: 1:22am On Jun 21, 2012
www.nairaland.com/attachments/734679_Comic_Strip_1_462423872_jpg5340178789b771841457f2fc387513b7
What is this?? angry angry

How dare you imply our good Presido will pick a killer body over body killers?

I am so offended right now I could. .. . . . Lmaoooo! I can't finish that with a straight face!! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by timchuks87: 1:26am On Jun 21, 2012
Mallamabdul: @ delafrriut, I never knew you were this dumb. So if you re the President of Nigeria today, you would fail to attend a meeting because Jacob Zuma of SA was nt invited. Do you knw the position of Nigeria in the comity of Nations? As Abati pointed out, This prestigious invitation had long been given to Nigeria- Giant of Africa. So Gej attended in order to honour this invitation. What could he have stayed back to do? Does he need to be present before the Army fight the terrorists? He has already deployed Soldiers to the streets of KD. A curfew was in place before he left. He consulted the Senate before he left. Even the Senate refused his suggestion to declare State of Emetgency in the affected Sates. He handed over to his vice who was a former Governor of Kaduna to just oversee his directives on the Military for just few days. So what else do you want him to do? Maybe you want him to be a security guard in the streets of Kaduna before you re satisfied.

Wouldn't you think it insensitive for instance, a husband whose wife is in complicated labour out on the same day about his business as usual, confidently trusting everything to the doctors?

Even if he has given directives, his presence is certainly needed, and that summit is dispensable in all count.

And to think that yet again he parades the longest train of delegates to an international conference, lends more air to insensitivity.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:27am On Jun 21, 2012
bayooooooo:
He is in Brazil to attend United Nations' Earth Summit, RIO+20.

Earth summit about what? Global warming?? I seriously hope you don't believe in the global warming crap...

Personally, I don't think the UN jamboree in Brazil was more important than the BH bombings.. There was nothing in there for Nigeria, and I see no reason he couldn't send the Foreign Minister, or Vice President to represent him there..

Boko Haram thrives on Islamic ideology. They are not bombing mosques. They are targeting christians, infidels and government institutions as a retaliation against members in custody. BH activities might very well suit the overall political ambition of some hard core Northerners but the sect is entirely Islamic in concept, outlook and operations. Boko is about Islam.

Both Muslims and Christians have been victims of BH carnage... I believe BH just hide under Islam, but it's more of a political tool.. And I also believe the people behind BH are within PDP itself... If you can look through the superficial Islamic outlook - you would know BH is also an enemy of Islam... These are the same people who burned down a Muslim cattle market, attacked Muslims in Kano, and killed fellow Muslims in Borno...

BH is more Taliban-esque than Al Qaeda in their operations...
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 1:29am On Jun 21, 2012
A Nigerian delegation should be in Brazil because of Global Warming.

We do not want to see Lagos sinking into the sea do we? grin
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by timchuks87: 1:33am On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex:

WTF is global warming? shocked grin grin

Another fraud to rip people off.. If they care about global warming that much, they would have stopped gas flaring...

How old are you again?? You sound like my 12years old sister.

I think the laughs on you.

Cant smell sarcasm even when you've been smeared with one.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Godogwu: 1:33am On Jun 21, 2012
I pity Nigeria, If we keep having people with thought processes like the ones i see on this forum, I'm not sure any president can please that country. So what if GEJ stayed back in Nigeria, what difference would it make please?......its not like he's a god that can turn the hands of time and find out where the bombs were planted before detonation or that would console people who lost their family and friends? .....I just cant with some Nigerians, i really just can't!
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Detongue: 1:34am On Jun 21, 2012
U can NEVER please nigerians, getting irritated
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 21, 2012
timchuks87:

Sarcasm on a topic as serious as this, huh?

That's what kids do - that was why I compared the poster to my 12years old sister..

Kids don't know when to joke, or not..

Kids will always be kids anyway.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by SisiKill1: 1:40am On Jun 21, 2012
EzeUche: A Nigerian delegation should be in Brazil because of Global Warming.

We do not want to see Lagos sinking into the sea do we? grin
Nope! We must definately don't!!!

And they say GEJ only cares about the Niger Delta!! cheesy cheesy grin

timchuks87:

Why do you bother cheesy cheesy
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 21, 2012
deeplow: From a perspective, when "he" says "he" is on top of the situation,one can tell he is actually right.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/734679_Comic_Strip_1_462423872_jpg5340178789b771841457f2fc387513b7

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:43am On Jun 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: www.nairaland.com/attachments/734679_Comic_Strip_1_462423872_jpg5340178789b771841457f2fc387513b7
What is this?? angry angry

How dare you imply our good Presido will [size=14pt]pick a killer body over body killers?[/size]

I am so offended right now I could. .. . . . Lmaoooo! I can't finish that with a straight face!! cheesy cheesy grin
ROTFLMAO!!!!1 grin grin grin grin
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:46am On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex:

Earth summit about what? Global warming?? I seriously hope you don't believe in the global warming crap...

Personally, I don't think the UN jamboree in Brazil was more important than the BH bombings.. There was nothing in there for Nigeria, and I see no reason he couldn't send the Foreign Minister, or Vice President to represent him there..

Both Muslims and Christians have been victims of BH carnage... I believe BH just hide under Islam, but it's more of a political tool.. And I also believe the people behind BH are within PDP itself... If you can look through the superficial Islamic outlook - you would know BH is also an enemy of Islam... These are the same people who burned down a Muslim cattle market, attacked Muslims in Kano, and killed fellow Muslims in Borno...

BH is more Taliban-esque than Al Qaeda in their operations...

Global warming does not exist. It's a ploy by developed nations to strangulate the economies of developing ones by forcing them to adopt measure that could limit industrial output. Personally, I don't believe in it. But there are many strategic behind the scenes meetings that usually occur at even the most mundane summit. Like Obama and putin had a meeting on the sideline of G20 summit.Many strategic unannounced meetings are fixed for such events.

Both Christians and Muslims together with Atheists have died as a result of bombing campaign by BH. Agreed.

But BH has not focused on Islamic institutions and places of worship like it has done for Christians and infidels. In most cases, Muslim fatalities are inevitable collateral damage for them. It remains to be seen if BH is truly an enemy of Islam. It's fighting for Jihad which in any case is how Islam normally spread. Islam does not spread by preaching or conversion of others to it. It spreads substantially through Jihad. What's Boko haram all about? Jihad! That's furthering the expansion of the religion not acting as enemy. I will drop this line of reasoning if BH bombs any mosque either small or big and claims responsibility for it.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:54am On Jun 21, 2012
bayooooooo:

But BH has not focused on Islamic institutions and places of worship like it has done for Christians and infidels. In most cases, Muslim fatalities are inevitable collateral damage for them. It remains to be seen if BH is truly an enemy of Islam. It's fighting for Jihad which in any case is how Islam normally spread. Islam does not spread by preaching or conversion of others to it. It spreads substantially through Jihad. What's Boko haram all about? Jihad! That's furthering the expansion of the religion not acting as enemy. I will drop this line of reasoning if BH bombs any mosque either small or big and claims responsibility for it.

They haven't focused on Islamic institutions because they know that would alienate them further from the core North.. The powers behind them savvy, and they know bombing Islamic institutions will expose their true intentions, hence why they do it indirectly.. They will never win that way, but they're winning right now because the Country is divided along religious lines...

BH isn't fighting for Jihad, if it was fighting Jihad - trust me, the South would've been attacked... I know both Kogi, and Kwara - with huge Muslim populations would have been attacked.. Heck, even most of the NW states are still BH free...
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by ogbeidejude: 1:54am On Jun 21, 2012
Presido, u r on track. People must always talk no matter what. Keep on doing what is right. U r not in Brazil for a childs dedication or for a vaccation. U r away for national issue. The very insignificant few in our midst are used to military head of state, they r on aware u are a civilian president. They want to see someone in uniform spiting words that does not hold water as we used to hear years back but u have choosen to be mature and diplomatic about it, the same way Obama used in sending Bin Laden to his grave and our people cannot embrace ur efforts in trust. This should not weaken u at all sir. At the appropriate time Nigerians will remember u for good. Shagari travelled in 1982 when a building of about 35flours collapsed with some many dead. These very few weak commenting now never mentioned a word because he was theirs. Pls remain focused as majority of Nigerians are aware of ur efforts to take our country to a greater height. May God protect you on this and other national assignments.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex:

They haven't focused on Islamic institutions because they know that would alienate them further from the core North.. The powers behind them savvy, and they know bombing Islamic institutions will expose their true intentions, hence why they do it indirectly.. They will never win that way, but they're winning right now because the Country is divided along religious lines...

BH isn't fighting for Jihad, if it was fighting Jihad - trust me, the South would've been attacked... I know both Kogi, and Kwara - with huge Muslim populations would have been attacked.. Heck, even most of the NW states are still BH free...

Until that true intentions are exposed, BH, to me, remains an islamic terrorist organisation furthering the course of Islam by killing people of other faiths.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 2:03am On Jun 21, 2012
bayooooooo:
Until that true intentions are exposed, BH, to me, remains an islamic terrorist organisation furthering the course of Islam by killing people of other faiths.

We may agree to disagree.. But we can't keep flaming the fire of religion - in an already divided Country..

Religious war in Nigeria is something I don't want to see..
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 2:17am On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex:

We may agree to disagree.. But we can't keep flaming the fire of religion - in an already divided Country..

Religious war in Nigeria is something I don't want to see..

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nigeria as presently constituted is not sustainable. Anything can happen at any time for any silly reason. We can't be in a secular country and some people are declaring their states theocratic. That's provocative and unacceptable. We need to sit down and discuss that.

1.Do we want a secular Nigeria? Do we balkanise into regions and each region dictates to either choose to be secular or adopt islamic legal system (Sharia), we need to talk. It's the desire of every true muslim to live under sharia law but all Nigerians are not muslim. So we need an agreement on way forward.

2. The political structure of the country is not sustainable. It encourages the culture of mediocrity and our worst instead of best usually find their way to the top. The political structure of the country must be negotiated to the satisfaction of the majority if unanimity can not be achieved.

3.The resource control question must finally be answered. Such must be discussed to the satisfaction of all or at least the zones laying the golden egg must have cause to smile.

If the country is not restructured, negotiated and move forward to become a nation, such religious war may seem impossible but is very much feasible. retaliatory measures had already been taken in Kaduna and the trends might continue. We can not continue to be patching up everything.

Let's call National Conference and discuss the future of Nigeria.
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by BetaThings: 2:20am On Jun 21, 2012
One_Naira:

I fear this people would stress that man to death. What else did they want him to do? Did he not send army troops to north? Did he not shed tears for those that died? I would like to know how GEJ presence in Nigeria would affect the situation or change the outcome of what is happening. Is he God? BH would stop simply because GEJ was in Nigeria or the fact the retaliation would stop simply the fact he was in Nigeria? or do they want him to pick a gun, swords and bombs and go up there and fight. The man went to a summit meant to teach things in which can help change the outcome of poverty, food shortage, etc which last time I checked is impacting nigeria alot and whom knows he might actually get an input on how to deal with the terrorist from other attendees from the summit possibly even get allies that might help fight them but mba Nigerians no go gree. As you said, if he didn't attend, they would condemn him. If him attend, they would condemn him. Nigerians are fools, just fools.
I would like to know how your being present at your friend's wedding would change the destiny of his marriage
There is something called signalling and morale
Why do people a lot of people condemn terrorists' acts. Will the condemnation search for and arrest the terrorists?
You are forgetting that last weekend's event was peculiar. We are now seeing the possibility of reprisals
Nobody can say what the outcome of this new phase will be.

This is not peculiar to Jonathan
As president, Shehu Shagari left Nigeria when Nitel building was on fire. Nigerians condemned him, but he was not a fire fighter
Re: I Didn’t Abandon My Responsibility - Jonathan by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 21, 2012
bayooooooo:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nigeria as presently constituted is not sustainable. Anything can happen at any time for any silly reason. We can't be in a secular country and some people are declaring their states theocratic. That's provocative and unacceptable. We need to sit down and discuss that.

1.Do we want a secular Nigeria? Do we balkanise into regions and each region dictates to either choose to be secular or adopt islamic legal system (Sharia), we need to talk. It's the desire of every true muslim to live under sharia law but all Nigerians are not muslim. So we need an agreement on way forward.

2. The political structure of the country is not sustainable. It encourages the culture of mediocrity and our worst instead of best usually find their way to the top. The political structure of the country must be negotiated to the satisfaction of the majority if unanimity can not be achieved.

3.The resource control question must finally be answered. Such must be discussed to the satisfaction of all or at least the zones laying the golden egg must have cause to smile.

If the country is not restructured, negotiated and move forward to become a nation, such religious war may seem impossible but is very much feasible. retaliatory measures had already been taken in Kaduna and the trends might continue. We can not continue to be patching up everything.

Let's call National Conference and discuss the future of Nigeria.

I concur with everything you posted 1000000%..

We need to redefine what Nigeria, and being a Nigerian really mean...

I think our problem started at the foundation.. Our founding fathers were in haste to have a country, rather than analyze how the country itself would work... The idea of a SNC is something we really need right now - and all the regions as well need to be restructured along tribal and cultural lines... And power must be decentralized!!!

I just hope I'll be a able to see a peaceful, and prosperous Nigeria in my lifetime...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How The Western Media Portrays Africa, China, And India Differently / Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road / Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.