Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! (11543 Views)

Scam Of Life (ex-corpers Beware) / Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi / Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by beautifulmind: 9:52am On Jun 21, 2012
Now that NYSC is over, I think the next step for most of us is getting a suitable job, but we should beware of scam jobs and false recruitment agencies. Lets hint ourselves of the scam recruitment agencies you know. it will be bad if we fall victim with our level of education. I know one which is called EBT (Esther Breakthrough). Beware!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by sadyeek(m): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
[size=16pt]no offence but I think this should bee in jobs section.[/size]
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by mikuz(m): 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2012
Think you should throw more light on this EBT stuff.
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by Boyoorisha: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
sadyeek: [size=16pt]no offence but I think this should bee in jobs section.[/size]
That is a restriction! More people will get to know about it here

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
beautifulmind: Now that NYSC is over, I think the next step for most of us is getting a suitable job, but we should beware of scam jobs and false recruitment agencies. Lets hint ourselves of the scam recruitment agencies you know. it will be bad if we fall victim with our level of education. I know one which is called EBT (Esther Breakthrough). Beware!!!!

@OP, are u not aware dat d number of unemployd youths in nig exceeds the number of military personnel and soldiers of WWII (both d allied n axis sides) undecided Get ur ass off ur fantasy else u grow old @ home grin

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by 2rutalk1: 5:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
Again, some of your colleagues will start sending you messages telling you that there is a job opening in Chevron, Shell or Agip in Portharcourt or Lagos. They will demand some amount of money after establishing a contact between you and their "ghost oga" who happens to be their member. They are going to get your phone numbers from the Year book that will contain the data of all passing out Corp members in your state, which is normally distributed on the passing out day.
Most times the message reads:
" This is Mr. ABC your Colleague in XYZ Orientation Camp. Have you gotten a job? If no, call me now. I am in offshore and recruitment is ongoing in Agip, Portharcourt".
Please ignore this kind of message. Many people have been ripped off through this scam mail.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by yorke1: 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2012
MY ELDER BROTHER WAS SENT THIS SAME TEXT MESSAGE. i TOLD HIM OUT-RIGHTLY WHEN I SAW IT THAT IT WAS A SCAM. BE WARNED!
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by gbomojomo(m): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2012
Again, some of your colleagues will start sending you messages telling you that there is a job opening in Chevron, Shell or Agip in Portharcourt or Lagos. They will demand some amount of money after establishing a contact between you and their "ghost oga" who happens to be their member. They are going to get your phone numbers from the Year book that will contain the data of all passing out Corp members in your state, which is normally distributed on the passing out day.
Most times the message reads:
" This is Mr. ABC your Colleague in XYZ Orientation Camp. Have you gotten a job? If no, call me now. I am in offshore and recruitment is ongoing in Agip, Portharcourt".
Please ignore this kind of message. Many people have been ripped off through this scam mail.

This is very common, they will ask u to come with some amount of money for community chief. That they will include your name to the list of one community in Niger Delta states. I ve experience

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by BroProsper(m): 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
Nature Plus HMO is the son of Wellness home @ 16b Adeshina st. Off awolowo behind Holy trinity Ikeja. Please beware!
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by ceeboy: 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2012
HSA also has an office in ikeja..got a text message from them today
15 Adekunbi crescent via oluwaleimu str by amore str off toyin ikeja
They asked me to come for an interview for a job i didnt apply for tomorrow.
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by valerosoh: 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
I have been trying to call you but the network is bad,there is an ongoing recruitment in Nigerian Agip Oil Company in Rivers State and my in-law is the recruitment officer and I have discussed about you with him,you can call him with this number 07064493070. Am Richard Stephen we serve together.

There goes one scam as well grin
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by odocity: 3:45am On Jun 22, 2012
Ex corpers shine your eyes do not be decieved by any one,be wise.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by Decryptor(m): 8:37am On Jun 22, 2012
And i keep asking this question....Why should you pay somebody in order to get a job? It simply does not make sense to me

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by ochukoeja(f): 9:57am On Jun 22, 2012
I had to login in to comment on this. Got d sms dis morning, dude was claimin he was my friend. Mistake he made was callin me by my yoruba name. No one calls me that but that's d name nysc used in d magazine. I'm still in contact with the scammers. He just called 30mins ago and gave an oceanic acct nos askin me to hurry up be4 12. Told him I'll pay d moni be4 12. I'm just lookin for a way to disgrace them. Any ideas?
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by Lanre86: 11:40am On Jun 22, 2012
i actually applied for a vacancy like that and almost immediately i got a message inviting me for an interview. on getting there on saturday, i found out all of us passed the test...lol.... undecided how? ,,,then we were asked to pay a sum of 2500.....some paid but i told dem that if i ve to pay for a job it must be will shell and i must ve receive my first salary....no real employment agency will ask u to pay b4 giving u an appointment...BEWArE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by Pedekunle(m): 12:04pm On Jun 22, 2012
My experience:
"Hi..., this is Michael Nnaka. ur kopa mate @ Kaduna state,Code:.KD/11A/2649. I wrk wit Shell Oil Company now in Rivers State. Hav u gotten any job?. Can u wrk wit Shell oil compny? If u wil cal me now on 08169069569 for details. They are recruiting now."
Received on 14-Mar-2012 by 11:08am.
I called for the benefit of doubt the following day & he sent another contact who he claimed to be the HRM & his in-law.
"His Name is Dr. Reuben Hart phone no:08033782045 He is the human resources manager Shell Rivers State."
Received on 15-Mar by 08:35.
I called the contact but the Igbo accent on the man's tongue was terrible, which caused me to be cautious. I stopped calling because I wasn't actually looking for a job but just for the benefit of doubt. Nigeria graduates, God will not give you jobs but bless you with well paid EMPLOYMENTS. Pls watchout, don't be victims pls.
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by lighternote: 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
[quote author=Pedekunle]My experience:
"Hi..., this is Michael Nnaka. ur kopa mate @ Kaduna state,Code:.KD/11A/2649. I wrk wit Shell Oil Company now in Rivers State. Hav u gotten any job?. Can u wrk wit Shell oil compny? If u wil cal me now on 08169069569 for details. They are recruiting now."
Received on 14-Mar-2012 by 11:08am.
I called for the benefit of doubt the following day & he sent another contact who he claimed to be the HRM & his in-law.
"His Name is Dr. Reuben Hart phone no:08033782045 He is the human resources manager Shell Rivers State."
Received on 15-Mar by 08:35.
I called the contact but the Igbo accent on the man's tongue was terrible, which caused me to be cautious. I stopped calling because I wasn't actually looking for a job but just for the benefit of doubt. Nigeria graduates, God will not give you jobs but bless you with well paid EMPLOYMENTS. Pls watchout, don't be victims pls.
^^^ is it d terrible tribal accent that made u cautious or d obvious dubious moves u jus enjoy being unnecessarily tribalistic on a supposed national forum lik ds. Foolishkunle*
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by zodosohio: 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2012
[quote author=lighternote][/quote]why will you complain that he said the man has igbo accent
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by MyVicky: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2012
I received such text message last year. The mistake the dude made was that he called me by my muslim name whereas people call me by my other name! I decided to call the dude with my official line (the number goes thus : XXXXX00000), he was afraid seeing such unique but strange number and his trepidation was evident from the way he spoke. I sternly warned him to desist from such act of duplicity and if not, he would be brought to book!!! May God save our beloved country!!!
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by Ebykate: 8:59am On Jul 06, 2012
I actually got a call from an unknown friend and d idiot made d mistake of sayingg dat we served in d same place. Funny enough, I'm done with nysc but still working at d place of my primary assignment. I had to call him bak with my hard earned money but when he said i shld call another person, i got suspicious. I sha told him i will call d number but up till this moment, he hasn't called bak to ask me why i didn't call d number...wish he can just cal to ask so dat I'd demand for a call credit
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by CrazyMan(m): 4:18am On Oct 12, 2012
I think we all should be a little more cautious.

Avoid posting your phone numbers and e-mail addresses publicly.

Avoid replying mails asking for your details from an anonymous person.

Avoid text messages asking for favours (e.g recharge card or cash) in order to get jobs. Delete them immediately.

Don't bother to reply a company whose e-mail ends with @yahoo.com or @gmail.com. E.g nnpc@yahoo.com, or nysc@gmail.com.

Confirm all websites before posting your details on it. You should know that most scammers have duplicated some websites, an example is the gtbank site which was duplicated by scammers some time ago (its been fixed though).

So you have to be very careful where you send your details to.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by CrazyMan(m): 11:11am On Oct 12, 2012
Double post.
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by simssss: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2013
Omg... this just happened to me,they sent me a text, called bck out of curiosity, cud barely hear what dude was saying with his thick igbo accent.....after i called his useless oga, and i heard 25k for recruitment form... i just knew it was a scam....i insulted them ehn..... na wa

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by EmmyDe25(m): 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
ceeboy: HSA also has an office in ikeja..got a text message from them today
15 Adekunbi crescent via oluwaleimu str by amore str off toyin ikeja
They asked me to come for an interview for a job i didnt apply for tomorrow.
See, i've received up to 19 in the last one week with different addresses. I just wonder why the law enforcement agent havent nabbed any of these thieves. And incase you received a mail or an sms inviting you for a test/interview session from a company you know you never sent you cv to, or peradventure you sent your cv to them but didnt know they are scammers. Just google the name of that company, and all their factfile will pop up. Nairaland has really being of help in this regard.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by EmmyDe25(m): 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
Caveat Emptor.
ROYALCON is pleased to invite u 4 d aptitude test scheduled to hold@ d 2nd floor, 34/36,Ikorodu rd, beside Access bank,Jibowu,Lagos on Tue, 18/06/13 @ 10am.
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by meauma1(m): 8:49am On Nov 06, 2015
Hello, ex-corpers and job seekers, you can search and apply for thousands of jobs on Jobberman. You can also upload your CV and get a free CV appraisal at here, as well as tons of advice on job search strategies, resume writing, interview tips, and so much more. If the page fails to display properly, type "jobberman" followed with ".com" after www. and click enter. Good luck!
Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by Danybe: 12:59am On Dec 25, 2018
I just want u guys should check this out for me a senator recommended me for this job any one ccome accros it

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by Clarity360Hub: 11:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
Call 08080939463

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! by JustSkb: 6:50am On Dec 02, 2022
NYSC: 2022 BATCH C I & C II

For:
- Direct posting
- Relocation
- PPA
Payment on approval.

Call/Whatsapp:

Group link: https:///LY87EV9BaSo6Snh96HN2F5

(1) (Reply)

Best States For Nysc And The Highest Paying States For Nysc 2018 / Why Part-time Student Are Not Allow 2 Go 4 Nysc / NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.