Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings (8230 Views)

Brazil Back Out Of Friendly With Super Eagles / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by canuck(m): 12:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
Superg_win: Nxt in line ll be foreign investors.. I percieve doom... *god ll help us*

binger: that is one thing about war and violence...nothing good comes out of it,in every way,its just a big disadvantage to the perpetrators and to the victims

A whole President couldn't wait to carry his entourage to Brazil because it is safe and progressive.

A bunch of footballers couldn't wait to cancel their trip to Nigeria because it is insecure and retrogressive.

If footballers who will land on Thursday/Friday, play on Saturday and jet-out on Sunday will not come, govt should stop wasting our money "wooing foreign investors"! Investors' horizons are a little farther than a weekend.

Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by Haywire99(m): 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2012
Boko haram want to start revolution for nigeria:|
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by Supergwin(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji: No O, GEJ has gone to the same Brazil to woo investors, we are confident they will come.
I lav d sacarsm... cheesy
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by monimbo(m): 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2012
jst imagin england goin 2 play frindly wit afghanistian. On their home soil. Dats homicide
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by tpapi: 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
Brazil is lukn 4 an escape route afterall d match is goin 2 b played outside nigeria
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by tpapi: 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2012
ayox2003: Brazil can accomodate 116 Nigerians for the World Earth Summit.

While Brazil cant risk 22 players just to play soccer in Nigeria.

What a safe country Nigeria is!
av u ever hed of suicide bombin in brazil
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by maclatunji: 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2012
sadyeek: [size=16pt]I guess there's no point for gej being in brazil, if their national team can't be convinced to come to nigeria for a couple of days, how would he convince investors to come put their money here for the long run!? Smh

I know officially, he's there for a summit, but he's obviously going to be there for some othere reason
[/size]

Wowzers! You don't say...
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by caye(m): 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2012
Superg_win: Nxt in line ll be foreign investors.. I percieve doom... *god ll help us*

WHERE ARE THE FOREIGN INVESTORS?

1. Peugeot Nig (gone)
2. Dunlop tires (gone)
3. Mercedes (gone)
4.Nasco (don't know)
5.Pirelli (gone before 2003)
6. Textile industries (relocated to Ghana)

So forget foreign, just pray the local ones don't run away.
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by tessyade: 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
otosa: Na lie, no be boko-haram then they fare, na Super eagle then they fare. Up Super Eagle! Up Nigeria.
Seriously this is the joke of the century. The same Super eagles that is struggle to win rwanda, namibia and malawi? @topic, thats the best decision.
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by Sanguine77(m): 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
In Nigeria, if you dont die in a plane crash, you get bombed by Boko Haram or you get kidnapped by militants or you die on the roads or you get corrupted by farcrooks or you get looted by legislooters or you get robbed by robbers or you get ruled by retardeens... You cannot be safe here unless...
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by SisiKill1: 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
maclatunji: No O, GEJ has gone to the same Brazil to woo investors, we are confident they will come.
Hehehehehe cheesy
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by spade: 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
I guess the essence of GEJ's trip is pointless now.
How are you going to convince foreign investors to come set up permanent factories in your country when you can't even convince a team of common foreign footballers to come visit for a few 3-4 days?
Think about it.
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by damilarelr(m): 1:35pm On Jun 21, 2012
Since "Mr President can rule from anywhere", I have a feeling that our president is not likely to come back..

The friendly match was probably cancelled because of the likelihood of suicide bombers turned football players or spectator. The kinds of investors we should expect are the likes of Dana Airlines..

"Nigerians should be grateful to GEJ for bringing Facebook to Nigeria" -- Labran Maku (Information Minister)
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by PresGEJ(m): 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
[b]Fellow Nigerians,

Greetings from the beautiful, gorgeous and historic city of Rio de Janeiro - Did you know that Copacabana really exists? I didn't know it is a real place too (only knew it from Barry Manilow's song) until I landed here.

Against the advise of my staff, I decided to register on Nairaland TODAY to reach you directly. After all, I brought Facebook to Nigeria and what that has done to the economy is simply mindblowing - The economic indices don't lie.

It's almost 10:00am here, so I have to rush to join the planery session to discuss erosion and flooding.

My people, don't make a fuss about Brazil's team canceling on Nigeria because of Boko Haram - The match was only postponed to July, since I will put an end to Boko Haram by the end of June. Lord knows I'm only waiting for June 30 on the calendar, then, GBOSA, Boko Haram will be no more.

I am particularly disappointed by many senseless comments on this thread. However, my staff tells me the posters are either Namibians or Rwandans (Remember my boys defeated in football them over the weekend - Sore losers!). I wonder why foreigners are so many on NL though!

To all well-meaning Nigerians who love me so much, I say thank you.

OK, I've got to go; the bus is leaving (Yes, o, I enter bus here since it is Brazil).

PS: Does anyone know where I can get Brazilian hair? That's # 1 on Patience's list.

Long live Nigeria.

Your Presido.
[/b]
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by Holadokun(m): 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2012
SweetSex.:
I'm not suprise. Dis just d beginning many good things to stop coming to naija. Mr shoeless retardeen shei u are seeing wat ur ineffectiveness is causing us. God is watching u GEJ.
if yhu av ntin to say yhu beta keep quiet. . So it is jona dat is bombing or d MUSLIMS. . . . Mstheew
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by KayDee4: 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2012
[size=13pt]Next in line to pull out will be Arsenal[/size] undecided undecided
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by dayokanu(m): 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
And our President retardeen was going to Brazil to beg for investments
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by SisiKill1: 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
PresGEJ: [b]Fellow Nigerians,

Greetings from the beautiful, gorgeous and historic city of Rio de Janeiro - Did you know that Copacabana really exists? I didn't know it is a real place too (only knew it from Barry Manilow's song) until I landed here.

Against the advise of my staff, I decided to register on Nairaland TODAY to reach you directly. After all, I brought Facebook to Nigeria and what that has done to the economy is simply mindblowing - The economic indices don't lie.

It's almost 10:00am here, so I have to rush to join the planery session to discuss erosion and flooding.

My people, don't make a fuss about Brazil's team canceling on Nigeria because of Boko Haram - The match was only postponed to July, since I will put an end to Boko Haram by the end of June. Lord knows I'm only waiting for June 30 on the calendar, then, GBOSA, Boko Haram will be no more.

I am particularly disappointed by many senseless comments on this thread. However, my staff tells me the posters are either Namibians or Rwandans (Remember my boys defeated in football them over the weekend - Sore losers!). I wonder why foreigners are so many on NL though!

To all well-meaning Nigerians who love me so much, I say thank you.

OK, I've got to go; the bus is leaving (Yes, o, I enter bus here since it is Brazil).

PS: Does anyone know where I can get Brazilian hair? That's # 1 on Patience's list.

Long live Nigeria.

Your Presido.
[/b]

LMFAO!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by eledalo: 3:41pm On Jun 21, 2012
The same brazil that johnathan went to? cheesy
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by walexlugas08(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
Wizee: abeg tank God say dem call d match off, bcoz brazil go disgrace dis super chickens. Mke dem no fall 9ja hand abeg.
Re: Brazil Calls Off Friendly With Nigeria Over Bombings by walexlugas08(m): 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
@Wizee-at least you should let the 'die cast, 'before reveal the truth' let the 90 mins judge itself before condemn and crucify our darling nation team(super eagles).
Wizee: abeg tank God say dem call d match off, bcoz brazil go disgrace dis super chickens. Mke dem no fall 9ja hand abeg.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Football Screening/trial / Why Eagles Will Win AFCON – Practical Analyses By Orji Uzor Kalu / National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.