Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated (8643 Views)

President Buhari,osinbajo Visited Council Chambers Today / Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / Nat'l Assembly Palaver: Speaker Finally Gains Access Into House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by murabs(m): 11:54am On Jun 22, 2012
Court sentences man to death for stealing N1,705 and milk
SHARE THIS

TAGS
A Federal High Court in Jos, the Plateau state capital has sentenced a 26-year-old man, Obinna John, to death by hanging for robbing a woman of N1,705.

The convict was also said to have robbed his victim, Mrs Dorothy Olaniyi, of two rolls of sachet peak milk, valued at N400.

The prosecution counsel, Mr. G. D. Fwonyon, of Plateau State Deputy Director of Public Prosecution, had told the court that John, in company of an accomplice, also named John, now at large, on November 18, 2005, robbed the woman, a resident of Gada Biu, in Jos, in her shop, at gunpoint.

In a 60-page judgment, the presiding judge, Justice Yargata Nimpa said the evidence before the court had shown that the accused committed the offence and sentenced John to death by hanging.

“The accused is hereby sentenced to death by hanging, but the judgement is liable to an appeal” he ruled

Counsel to John, Mr. Tobechukwu Kekemeke, said they will head to the Court of Appeal to seek a reversal of the death sentence. “The convict has the right to appeal against the judgment. It is not a judgment that we are satisfied with, so we are definitely going to appeal at the Court of Appeal,” he vowed.
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by question(m): 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
Lawan: Well, first of all, I think it is important to note that I have been a member of the House of Representatives in the last 13 years and, of course, together with several of my colleagues, past and present, we have done so much to build the House of Representatives as an institution that should enjoy the respect and confidence of Nigerians and whatever the decision taken by the House of Representatives. I believe it is meant to ensure the credibility of the institution, because as members, we must at all times recognise that the institution is bigger than each and everyone of us.

“It is an institution that belongs to this country; it is an institution which Nigerians look after for good legislations, for oversight responsibilities, for quality representation and it is an institution that must continue to give hope and confidence to the Nigerian people, so whenever any issue comes to question on any particular member, it is important to recognise that the institution itself is bigger than each and everyone of us. And so, the decision of the House of Representatives is a collective decision of an institution and I have absolutely no problem with that decision.

“As far as the issue relating to me is concerned, I believe ultimately that I will be vindicated. I just urge Nigerians to continue to be patient.

I have not spoken on the issue for strategic reasons, but I believe that at the end, Nigerians will come to believe and to see that for the 13 years that I have invested in championing good governance, accountability and probity in this country, that this last trial is a trial from God and I believe in the end we shall prevail.”

Tales by moonlight...

Qus: Farcoork did you take bribe?
Farcrook: Institution this..Institution that.. blablablablabla. Institution this..Institution that..

On Jan 2012, Farcrook's a$$ (.)
By Jun 2012, Farcrook's a$$ ( o )
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2012
awwww @ the baby face.

I find it hard to believe these stories, esp with no solid evidence.
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by drnoel: 1:50pm On Jun 22, 2012
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by dont8(m): 2:40pm On Jun 22, 2012
Integrity Group my foot!
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by question(m): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
Maybe he used the dollars to clean his a$$.

2 Likes

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by icez: 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
dont8: Integrity Group my foot!

Ask Mrs. Etteh.
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by choncholot: 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
Criminal minded lawmakers,each one of them.FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by logica(m): 10:03pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
awwww @ the baby face.
If babies look like that where you come from, then I don't wanna see the adults.
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by icez: 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2012
logica: If babies look like that where you come from, then I don't wanna see the adults.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by kukulaja: 12:19am On Jun 23, 2012
[color=#990000][/color][i][/i]THIS INFORMATION IS VITAL.. FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE, LAWAN FAROUK AND SOME KEY MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REP. INCLUDING THE SENATORS USE FAKE CERTIFICATES TO CONTEST ELECTION. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE QUALIFICATION THEY PRESENTED TO ELECTORAL COMISSION.. REMEMBER THE FIRST SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REP, MR. SALISU BUHARI OF TORONTO CERTIFICATES,HE'S FROM THE SAME KANO LIKE LAWAN, STATE SECURITY,PLZ TAKE NOTE AND SWING TO ACTION TO VERIFY THE CERTICATES OF ALL THE SENATORS AND HOUSE OF REPS MEMBER AND WE SHALL SEE MORE REVELATIONS OF FAKES CERTIFICATES HOLDER IN OUR LEGISLATIVES HOUSES. ACTION PLZZZZZ.[b]THIS INFORMATION IS VITAL.. FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE, LAWAN FAROUK AND SOME KEY MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REP. INCLUDING THE SENATORS USE FAKE CERTIFICATES TO CONTEST ELECTION. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE QUALIFICATION THEY PRESENTED TO ELECTORAL COMISSION.. REMEMBER THE FIRST SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REP, MR. SALISU BUHARI OF TORONTO CERTIFICATES,HE'S FROM THE SAME KANO LIKE LAWAN, STATE SECURITY,PLZ TAKE NOTE AND SWING TO ACTION TO VERIFY THE CERTICATES OF ALL THE SENATORS AND HOUSE OF REPS MEMBER AND WE SHALL SEE MORE REVELATIONS OF FAKES CERTIFICATES HOLDER IN OUR LEGISLATIVES HOUSES. ACTION PLZZZZZ.[/b]THIS INFORMATION IS VITAL.. FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE, LAWAN FAROUK AND SOME KEY MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REP. INCLUDING THE SENATORS USE FAKE CERTIFICATES TO CONTEST ELECTION. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE QUALIFICATION THEY PRESENTED TO ELECTORAL COMISSION.. REMEMBER THE FIRST SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REP, MR. SALISU BUHARI OF TORONTO CERTIFICATES,HE'S FROM THE SAME KANO LIKE LAWAN, STATE SECURITY,PLZ TAKE NOTE AND SWING TO ACTION TO VERIFY THE CERTICATES OF ALL THE SENATORS AND HOUSE OF REPS MEMBER AND WE SHALL SEE MORE REVELATIONS OF FAKES CERTIFICATES HOLDER IN OUR LEGISLATIVES HOUSES. ACTION PLZZZZZ.
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by kukulaja: 12:19am On Jun 23, 2012
[color=#990000][/color][i][/i]THIS INFORMATION IS VITAL.. FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE, LAWAN FAROUK AND SOME KEY MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REP. INCLUDING THE SENATORS USE FAKE CERTIFICATES TO CONTEST ELECTION. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE QUALIFICATION THEY PRESENTED TO ELECTORAL COMISSION.. REMEMBER THE FIRST SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REP, MR. SALISU BUHARI OF TORONTO CERTIFICATES,HE'S FROM THE SAME KANO LIKE LAWAN, STATE SECURITY,PLZ TAKE NOTE AND SWING TO ACTION TO VERIFY THE CERTICATES OF ALL THE SENATORS AND HOUSE OF REPS MEMBER AND WE SHALL SEE MORE REVELATIONS OF FAKES CERTIFICATES HOLDER IN OUR LEGISLATIVES HOUSES. ACTION PLZZZZZ.[b]THIS INFORMATION IS VITAL.. FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE, LAWAN FAROUK AND SOME KEY MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REP. INCLUDING THE SENATORS USE FAKE CERTIFICATES TO CONTEST ELECTION. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE QUALIFICATION THEY PRESENTED TO ELECTORAL COMISSION.. REMEMBER THE FIRST SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REP, MR. SALISU BUHARI OF TORONTO CERTIFICATES,HE'S FROM THE SAME KANO LIKE LAWAN, STATE SECURITY,PLZ TAKE NOTE AND SWING TO ACTION TO VERIFY THE CERTICATES OF ALL THE SENATORS AND HOUSE OF REPS MEMBER AND WE SHALL SEE MORE REVELATIONS OF FAKES CERTIFICATES HOLDER IN OUR LEGISLATIVES HOUSES. ACTION PLZZZZZ.[/b]THIS INFORMATION IS VITAL.. FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE, LAWAN FAROUK AND SOME KEY MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REP. INCLUDING THE SENATORS USE FAKE CERTIFICATES TO CONTEST ELECTION. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE QUALIFICATION THEY PRESENTED TO ELECTORAL COMISSION.. REMEMBER THE FIRST SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REP, MR. SALISU BUHARI OF TORONTO CERTIFICATES,HE'S FROM THE SAME KANO LIKE LAWAN, STATE SECURITY,PLZ TAKE NOTE AND SWING TO ACTION TO VERIFY THE CERTICATES OF ALL THE SENATORS AND HOUSE OF REPS MEMBER AND WE SHALL SEE MORE REVELATIONS OF FAKES CERTIFICATES HOLDER IN OUR LEGISLATIVES HOUSES. ACTION PLZZZZZ.
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by Beaf: 12:27am On Jun 23, 2012
Bellow are the excerpts of Lawan's encounter with the newsmen:

Reporters: Sir, you've not been around for the past three days, where have you been?
Lawan: (Silence)

Reporters: What happened to your voice sir?

Reporters: What has the experience been like?

Reporters: What is your take on your suspension sir?

Reporters: Are you relinquishing your position as the leader of the Integrity Group sir?

Reporters: Sir, you are not talking.

Gaddem! Okon!! Agbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Oti o! grin grin grin grin grin
The weight of dollars in his cap has welded his mouth tight!

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by kukulaja: 12:50am On Jun 23, 2012
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by logica(m): 10:56am On Jun 23, 2012
Beaf:
The weight of dollars in his cap has welded his mouth tight!
He probably still had some stuffed in his mouth; and accidentally deep-throated some Benjamins.
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by Beaf: 4:56pm On Jun 23, 2012
logica: He probably still had some stuffed in his mouth; and accidentally deep-throated some Benjamins.

Lol! grin
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
Naija and sensationalism. Wetin be sneaked into House Chambers again . . . na boju boju?
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by icez: 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2012
A thief in the national assembly. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Is Dead And Here Is The Proof - Nnamdi Kanu Gives Shocking Revelation / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Governor Ayade In Taiwan For The Taiwan - Nigeria Investment Summit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.