Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,200 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Sunburn!!!* - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Sunburn!!!* (7065 Views)

Learn how to make egyptian mlk,halfcaste cream,stretchmark oil,sunburn cream etc / Sunburn! / How can I Get Rid Of Sunburn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunburn!!!* by myopera1(f): 11:33am On Jun 22, 2012
Sunburn is an inflammation of the Skin,caused by over-exposure to d UV radiation from the Sun;and also cream high in clobetasol propionate%.
Sunburn varies from mild to severe;depending on individual's level of negligence,the skin type or amount of exposure to the Sun.
There's no fast-fix sunburn treatment;once you have sunburn,the damage is done.Persons with certain pigment disorders and individual with fair skin are @most risk of sunburn.
Once you notice a cream/oil/serum or any ointment gives you sunburn,discontinue usage.
Keep it cool,apply aloe vera or moisturizing cream.
Avoid products/cleanser containing alcohol,which can further dry the skin.
If need be,soak tea bags in a lukewarm water,remove,and place on d affected area.
Microdermabrate affected area and apply sheabutter @ night
remember to use sunscreen with spf 45 or more.......
Continue routine and wait patiently till your burns fades off.
Re: Sunburn!!!* by laurade(f): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2012
How long will it take before any improvement becomes visible?
Re: Sunburn!!!* by myopera1(f): 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
Wch of the treatment have u started with?
Re: Sunburn!!!* by myopera1(f): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
The fastest and safest way to clear sunburn is to do a facial peel..perfect for any skin type
Re: Sunburn!!!* by kodylicky(f): 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
@ my opera
pls can u advice me on a good sunscreen and where i can find it.
Re: Sunburn!!!* by myopera1(f): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
Neutrogena-ultra sheer liquid daily sunblock-SPF 70...
Neutrogena-ultra sheer dry touch sunblock SPF 45...
Snail sunblock spf 50
placenta sunblock.....all works well depending on ur budget
Re: Sunburn!!!* by Sexxydivaa: 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2012
kody-licky:
@ my opera
pls can u advice me on a good sunscreen and where i can find it.
Re: Sunburn!!!* by damselcuttie: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
myopera1: The fastest and safest way to clear sunburn is to do a facial peel..perfect for any skin type
am having d same problem,kindly help which type of facial Peel is available in Nigeria?
Re: Sunburn!!!* by Shulaudrey: 1:19am On Sep 24, 2014
If you want your sunburn cleared with effective result,contact 08103134563.... Tested and trusted
Re: Sunburn!!!* by myopera1(f): 8:12am On Nov 04, 2016
Arewaskincare is Back with a Bang!
Where you light skinned and suddenly turned dark?
Do you desire a flawless light skintone?
Call 08185899818
Check our Instagram page for amazing BEFORE & AFTER

Our products are 100% organics!

Re: Sunburn!!!* by jweasley(m): 8:52am On Nov 04, 2016
@ my opera ..

can you please recommended a good lightening face cream

and also please , how is the right way to apply SPF on the face ..

will you lather your cream first before the application of SPF or SPF first before ur cream
Re: Sunburn!!!* by myopera1(f): 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2016
jweasley:
@ my opera ..

can you please recommended a good lightening face cream

and also please , how is the right way to apply SPF on the face ..

will you lather your cream first before the application of SPF or SPF first before ur cream
depending on your skintone.. Bio balance is a good faces cream.

For the application of sunscreen, apply your lotion and SPF afterwards... Don't go in the sun directly, wait for about 10mins before heading out. Cheers
Re: Sunburn!!!* by jweasley(m): 9:43am On Nov 05, 2016
waoooh thanks
I really appreciate
Re: Sunburn!!!* by jweasley(m): 9:43am On Nov 05, 2016
waoooh thanks
I really appreciate
Re: Sunburn!!!* by jweasley(m): 9:44am On Nov 05, 2016
myopera1:

For the application of sunscreen, apply your lotion and SPF afterwards... Don't go in the sun directly, wait for about 10mins before heading out. Cheers

am fair in complexion , so can I still use it
Re: Sunburn!!!* by jweasley(m): 9:50am On Nov 05, 2016
myopera1:

am fair in complexion

so can I still use it..
Re: Sunburn!!!* by Lightandfresh: 11:53am On Jan 28, 2017
Holla at us for your luxury skincare brands such as Elemis, Creme de lamer, Clinique, Clarins, Sothys, Dermalogica, Elizabeth Arden, Makari.

For professional treatments of your skin concerns like uneven skin tone, difficult to lighten skin, damaged skin due to bleaching, dark joints, scars, face burns, dark eye circles, acne spots, black heads, aging skin, wrinkles, stretch marks, sensitive skin, dry skin and oily skin, contact us.

We also have authentic Phillipino skincare products, authentic Kamana Egyptian Milk Lotion, Gluthatione, Kojic Acid, Sepiwhite, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Retinoids and pure organic ingredients.

We are Light and Fresh Skincare...Black women in Europe and beyond can't stop talking about us.

http://www.facebook.com/lightandfreshskincare

Email: Lightandfreshskincare@yahoo.com
Re: Sunburn!!!* by flakeStar: 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2017
damselcuttie:
am having d same problem,kindly help which type of facial Peel is available in Nigeria?
It is not advisable to have a peel on sunburned skin. Try to heal it first , Aloe vera, Vit. E oil, sunscreen and a lot of patience is all you need to heal

1 Like

Re: Sunburn!!!* by gideonematics: 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2022
Some Very Effective Healing Remedies for Sunburn

To heal from first-degree sunburn, you need to give your body time to replace the skin that was damaged. First-degree sunburn only affects the outer layer of the skin. The skin will typically just look red and may begin to peel after a few days as the skin begins to replace itself.

There’s a limit to how fast your body can heal itself, but you can maximize the healing process by:

getting plenty of rest
staying hydrated
moisturizing your skin
Other tips to support the healing process and relieve symptoms include:

Take a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Taking an NSAID such as ibuprofen immediately after you notice sunburn can help decrease inflammation and pain.

Get lots of sleep. Sleep restriction disrupts your body’s production of certain cytokines that help your body manage inflammation. This disruption can negatively affect your body’s ability to heal itself.

Avoid tobacco use. Smoking or using other forms of tobacco can impair your body’s natural healing process by promoting inflammationTrusted Source throughout your body. Quitting can be difficult, but a healthcare professional can help you create a cessation plan that works for you.

Avoid additional sun exposure. Exposing sunburn to more ultraviolet (UV) rays can further damage your skin. If you have to go out, try to cover your sunburn with clothing and wear sunscreen.

Cool bath. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends taking a cool bath or shower to soothe your skin. Afterward, leave a little moisture on your skin when you dry off and then apply a moisturizer to trap in water.

Apply hydrocortisone cream. Hydrocortisone creams are used to treat swelling, irritation, and itchiness. Apply hydrocortisone cream to manage swelling and pain. You can get 1 percent hydrocortisone over the counter, or if necessary, your doctor can prescribe a stronger ointment.

Stay hydrated. Sunburn draws moisture away from your skin. Drinking plenty of fluids and electrolytes can help rehydrate your skin.

Try a cold compress. Applying a cold compress to your skin — but not directly on a sunburned area — for short intervals not long after the burn happens may help draw away excess heat from your skin and reduce inflammation.

Try an oatmeal bath. An oatmeal bath may help soothe your skin and reduce irritation. You can make an oatmeal bath by mixing a few tablespoons of baking soda and about a cup of oats to a cool bath.

Apply aloe vera. Aloe vera contains a substance called aloin that reduces inflammation. Aloe vera can also moisturize your skin and prevent peeling.
To get the best out of Aloe Vera for sunburn you need to make sure the aloe Vera gel you buy from the market is among the best and most effective you can find around.

While there are many marketed Aloe Vera gel for sunburn only a few is very effective. And one of such that can give you dramatic results can be gotten by... https://www.gidisblog.com/2022/06/habetong-aloe-vera-gel-review.html

(1) (Reply)

Chiffon Bubu Gown Styles Trending Now / Uses Of Secret Oil And Bay Rum Pls / The Top Benefits Of Aloe Vera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.