Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4382166 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shirleyz: 12:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
mak_ivy: Hi house,i am a ftm 2 a 3 weeks old baby.my lo has not taken a poo for one week now.i am doing ebf.pls can anyone suggest what i can do.

You can also use cotton bud to insert grease in your babys butt, it works for me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Celyt(f): 12:29pm On Mar 15, 2013
hello my people, pls can you suggest what to use for my 16wks old baby for teething(he's been having itching in the enamel for sometime and is making him uncomfortable).
Note: i used teething powder for my first baby and our doctor kicked against it.
i need answers as soon as possible, thanks!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sweettweet: 1:38pm On Mar 15, 2013
Arebey: My baby is 3 weeks and one of her nip*le is hard(something like tumor) pls what can i use for her.
my daughter had something similar too wjen i had her; i could feel a little lump in her breast. my peadiatrician told me that some babies continue some development in their nipples after birth that it was nothing to worry about that it would go off. i did not even notice whn the thing went off, i just saw it was gone. to allay your fears, take her to ur paed.

@celyt, do not use any drug for baby for teething. if he is hot, use paracetamol, else take him to the clinic. make baby's environment clean, make sure he does not put dirty things in his mouth. these are things that can give him diarrhoea. if he gets very sick, it is possible it is something other than teething.
Paed will tell u that teething is not supposed to make a baby ill.
For the itching enamel, give him a teether to chew on.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Celyt(f): 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2013
^ ok, thanx dearie!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
@blendy77 and corrall tanks.blendy hw re d twins doing? M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ love to dem. Am still trying d shea butter, hope it works. Pls moms where do I get coconut oil in abuja
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 4:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
demmykay: Hello mums in d house. I have a two week old baby and he had rashes on his head and neck. I am presently using sheabutter. Pls wat else can I use to clear off d rashes? I heard abt coconut oil mixed wit shea butter, pls hw effective is dis nd where can I get it in abuja? M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ baby is on EBF nd he sucks very well while am always hungry nd I try to eat well but am losing weight. Wat can I do or eat to help me not to lose much weight cos I wonder wat I will look like in six months time

u can use coconut oil either alone or mixed with shea butter i.e if its the original one. it was what antenatal nurses told us to use when i was still doing antenatal check up even a pregnant lady testifyd to it but she said she does it herself. as for u BF and losing weight just try and eat well three times or even four times. eat as much as u like and drink lots of fluid, water to be precise. dont worry u ll be fyn. it just needs getting used to.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
sweettweet:
my daughter had something similar too wjen i had her; i could feel a little lump in her breast. my peadiatrician told me that some babies continue some development in their nipples after birth that it was nothing to worry about that it would go off. i did not even notice whn the thing went off, i just saw it was gone. to allay your fears, take her to ur paed.

@celyt, do not use any drug for baby for teething. if he is hot, use paracetamol, else take him to the clinic. make baby's environment clean, make sure he does not put dirty things in his mouth. these are things that can give him diarrhoea. if he gets very sick, it is possible it is something other than teething.
Paed will tell u that teething is not supposed to make a baby ill.
For the itching enamel, give him a teether to chew on.

na so pead. to tell me o. but he gave me vinaquin and paracetamol. funny thing is that my baby just finishd coatem and paracetamol. i told him but he told me to repeat another. i was skeptical but i gave her. the 2nd day i stopped coz i noticed she was very dull. today i havnt given her and paracetamol or vinaquin and she is quite bubbly. my neighbour gives her son gbomoro or smth like that but i am looking to buy pican
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preetyjay(f): 5:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
wow! i have been following this thread and i luv it. kudos to all mums and dads in da house. please i want to knw wat to use or how to clean a baby's tongue. thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sweettweet: 11:32am On Mar 18, 2013
omogemi:

na so pead. to tell me o. but he gave me vinaquin and paracetamol. funny thing is that my baby just finishd coatem and paracetamol. i told him but he told me to repeat another. i was skeptical but i gave her. the 2nd day i stopped coz i noticed she was very dull. today i havnt given her and paracetamol or vinaquin and she is quite bubbly. my neighbour gives her son gbomoro or smth like that but i am looking to buy pican

I was advised by a consultant paed @ BMH in PH not to use piccan for baby. She said the long term effect is terrible for baby.

@pretty_jay, i use cotton wool in warm water with very very little salt. The salt is almost unnoticeable.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2013
@sweettweet,pls what's the long term effect of piccan on the baby cos that's what i've been using for mine and she's been coping fine.What other drug can one use as an alternative,thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bilki: 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2013
can i add moringa leaf powder to my babies cereal, he is 7 month old and looks very small and tiny.pls what can i give him for weight gain.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
My 1yr old baby has a greenish spot on her tongue. Pls is it normal?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preetyjay(f): 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
sweettweet thanks so much :Dsweettweet thanks so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
bilki: can i add moringa leaf powder to my babies cereal, he is 7 month old and looks very small and tiny.pls what can i give him for weight gain.

ve u use moringa leaf powder befor,when i was pregnant my friend gave me d moringa powder but i can't use it because of how it look ad smell pls tell me more about it if u ve use it b4,u can try dawa for ur baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sweettweet: 10:31am On Mar 19, 2013
imurboss: @sweettweet,pls what's the long term effect of piccan on the baby cos that's what i've been using for mine and she's been coping fine.What other drug can one use as an alternative,thanks.

she was not really explicit but was saying things like having a long term effect on kidney, and she mentioned something like ulcer. I cannot remember much now, but the fact that she told me i should not use, i just had to stop then.
she told me to take normal precautions in the house, like keeping a clean environment to avoid diarrhoea, and if baby had diarrhoea, use 1st aid like ORT and take baby to clinic if it does not stop.
she also said if baby was having very high temperatures that cant be controlled by PCM, that i shd see a doc.she said most likely, baby has an infection or fever.
Really i have found this to be true in most cases since i stopped Piccan for my daughter. i have not used it for my new baby either and he's doin well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
sweettweet:

she was not really explicit but was saying things like having a long term effect on kidney, and she mentioned something like ulcer. I cannot remember much now, but the fact that she told me i should not use, i just had to stop then.
she told me to take normal precautions in the house, like keeping a clean environment to avoid diarrhoea, and if baby had diarrhoea, use 1st aid like ORT and take baby to clinic if it does not stop.
she also said if baby was having very high temperatures that cant be controlled by PCM, that i shd see a doc.she said most likely, baby has an infection or fever.
Really i have found this to be true in most cases since i stopped Piccan for my daughter. i have not used it for my new baby either and he's doin well.
pls what is dis piccan u re talking about,pls help me am using bonabeb ad teething powder for my baby is it good
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 2:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
julicoka: pls what is dis piccan u re talking about,pls help me am using bonabeb ad teething powder for my baby is it good

Please, leave all these teething mixtures and powders. They affect your baby's internal organs in the long run especially as they are just developing. Long term use of paracetamol (which is the major ingredient in the mixture) affects an adult's internal organs. You can imagine what it does to kids.

Try to keep your kids comfortable, give them something to gum (scratch their gums with) like teethers, finger foods (if they have started solids) etc. Keep their environment clean especially as they like to put everything in their mouths. Only give if they have a fever and ensure it is not for a prolonged time. All these mixtures should not be used as preventive care.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 4:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
blank:

Please, leave all these teething mixtures and powders. They affect your baby's internal organs in the long run especially as they are just developing. Long term use of paracetamol (which is the major ingredient in the mixture) affects an adult's internal organs. You can imagine what it does to kids.

Try to keep your kids comfortable, give them something to gum (scratch their gums with) like teethers, finger foods (if they have started solids) etc. Keep their environment clean especially as they like to put everything in their mouths. Only give if they have a fever and ensure it is not for a prolonged time. All these mixtures should not be used as preventive care.
thank u very much for ur info.ad again can i use seas cod liver oil to my baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
I give my baby seven seas, I don't know if it is the same thing...I hear its a great brand...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
corrall: I give my baby seven seas, I don't know if it is the same thing...I hear its a great brand...
the great mummy in d house gd all.pls i need advice on dis issue,i dot use to back my baby,now she is three months ad two weeks ad if i back her streinght her legs down my neighbour will be quarrl with me dat i should keep her leg two sides i said no dat my baby is not up dat ad she said dat am spoiling her leg pls which one is good advice pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
julicoka: the great mummy in d house gd all.pls i need advice on dis issue,i dot use to back my baby,now she is three months ad two weeks ad if i back her streinght her legs down my neighbour will be quarrl with me dat i should keep her leg two sides i said no dat my baby is not up dat ad she said dat am spoiling her leg pls which one is good advice pls

I suggest u do what is best as the mother. dont do her legs like ur neighbour suggestd since u just started backing her. if u had been backing her before that age then u could do the legs like dat.u r not spoiling her legs. give urselves tym since u n ur baby are both new to this. wit tym u ll start drawing her legs apart. but make sure u do it the yorba way. ., i.e iro and ifunja for now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
@ blank i just started giving my baby piccan coz she gets hot on the head during the nites. this is bcoz i have given her malaria drugs on doctors orders twice and most of her symptoms are teething esp the poop which is foamy smtimes and i dont want to get her addicted to pcm. how long can i give her?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
omogemi:

I suggest u do what is best as the mother. dont do her legs like ur neighbour suggestd since u just started backing her. if u had been backing her before that age then u could do the legs like dat.u r not spoiling her legs. give urselves tym since u n ur baby are both new to this. wit tym u ll start drawing her legs apart. but make sure u do it the yorba way. ., i.e iro and ifunja for now
i notice dat my baby right leg is forming bore-leg pls help me what wil i do to her at dis her age three months ad two weeks or will it straight pls help me it always given me concern
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 2:01pm On Mar 22, 2013
julicoka: i notice dat my baby right leg is forming bore-leg pls help me what wil i do to her at dis her age three months ad two weeks or will it straight pls help me it always given me concern

Correct me if I am wrong, but must you really back a baby? Just wondering.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joymary7(f): 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
[quote author=corrall]

Correct me if I am wrong, but must you really back a baby? Just wondering. [/quote

i was wondering the same. I never backed my baby at all and he is 8 months old now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
it is not necesary to back a baby if u have househelp. i dont have one and i need to back her when i see the need to esp if i m going down the road and no one at home.
@julicoka.., u can start teaching her to sit now if she is a girl, boys r later. as for the bow leg, ur baby is still very young for that so i doubt if he has. but i suggest u dont let him rest on his feet for too long when u carry him/her. also r u on multivitamins containing vit D. go to ur peadiatrician and tell him/her ur fears. he could prescribe a multivitamin for u if u are not on any
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
[quote author=corrall]

Correct me if I am wrong, but must you really back a baby? Just wondering. [/quote)noooooo i ve not back her for one day,i dot know how to back a baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 23, 2013
preety jay: wow! i have been following this thread and i luv it. kudos to all mums and dads in da house. please i want to knw wat to use or how to clean a baby's tongue. thanks

I use warm water and tiny towel,the roughness of the towel creates a gentle scraping effect on the infants tongue,thus completely riding it of food debris.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 23, 2013
[quote author=julicoka][/quote]

I don't back babies either.I prefer to just carry them.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 23, 2013
demmykay: Hello mums in d house. I have a two week old baby and he had rashes on his head and neck. I am presently using sheabutter. Pls wat else can I use to clear off d rashes? I heard abt coconut oil mixed wit shea butter, pls hw effective is dis nd where can I get it in abuja? M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ baby is on EBF nd he sucks very well while am always hungry nd I try to eat well but am losing weight. Wat can I do or eat to help me not to lose much weight cos I wonder wat I will look like in six months time

Have you heard of RISING RAVING POWDER,its suitable even for the youngest newborn.It clears rashes within a few days,my first baby had the rash issue too.I had to use the powder from the day my second baby had his First bath,he never had any rash issue.The powder is 200 naira only.It has worked for all my friends that complained of rashes on their babies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 9:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
ayobarmy: There is no thought that babies are indeed bundle of joy, but sometime we mothers/fathers face so many challenges raising our kids, so i want us to use this avenue to discuss any issue concerning them(our kids) here!!!!!! For example, my 8weeks old boy sleeps only 6 hours @ night but seems to enjoy more time sleeping during the day, but i must confess am not too happy about it at all, but what every1 is saying its normal.......... Nairalanders Is this normal?
hapi sunday to u all,d wise mums i greet u all,am a EBF mother my baby will be four months next week,i want to start given her water ad baby food but i dot know food i will introduce to her as a new mother,pls help me i need urs suggestions pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2013
Julicoka, if you really must start your LO on cereal I suggest you start her on a rice based cereal as rice is easier on the stomach at that age.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.