Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1985) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4389894 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1982) (1983) (1984) (1985) (1986) (1987) (1988) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mahoti(f): 11:49pm On Nov 11, 2018
How we stopped breastfeeding
After 6month of EBF i started withdrawing,At 8month I stop breastfeeding during the day and once in d midnight,at 10months I introduced tea instead of bwess in the midnight or water that was how she stopped breastfeeding.
During the weaning period I kept covering my bwess so she won't remember and start crying apart from that no cry cry upandan ooo but I make sure she is always filled up.
Oya oo mamas make una come help us cos I tire,apart from papa and milk (123milk 4packs finish within 2week una know say I no get husband and her father always complain like its my fault that she is not eating) this madam won't eat any other food
She pick few strands of noodles and wash the remaining and rice,don't even talk about swallow.thanks in advance.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by QueenD01(f): 12:58am On Nov 12, 2018
New products alert
Reusable sanitary pads
3pics/1pair for #2000
Minimum order of 6pics/2pairs for #4000

***products are imported, directly from the factory**

Reusable baby and Adult diapers also available

Call or WhatsApp 08129402080 to place order

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by QueenD01(f): 12:59am On Nov 12, 2018
Also available for your use

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 7:47am On Nov 12, 2018
Good morning everyone, thanks to those who gave weaning tips yesterday, she only cried a little before we slept and I fed her with just water, when she saw that the breast was not forthcoming she just left my bed and went to join my mum in her room and she slept there till this morning without crying or looking for breast. . We have successfully gone through 24 hrs without breastfeeding

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:38am On Nov 12, 2018
[quote author=Anugod post=72870707] Iya did you see my mail the other time?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:39am On Nov 12, 2018
katchycouture:

My baby doesn't eat atall, how then do I stop breastfeeding, I plan to stop today hoping that she will eat if she doesn't get the breast milk, please is it advisable to stop breastfeeding as she doesn't eat anything, she doesn't take tea or anything, only boiled egss

Have u tried semo and okro soup? My son doesn't eat either but give him semo and okro soup anytime and he will eat the quantity an adult should eat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 10:39am On Nov 12, 2018
Good morning Mamas.
my DD is stooling. I want to buy zinc.

My question is should I get d syrup or the tab?
She is fine,no vomiting or fever,just the stooling.

I am suspecting the little drop of spirit her dad gave her or...I don't know really.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 10:53am On Nov 12, 2018
katchycouture:
Good morning everyone, thanks to those who gave breastfeeding tips yesterday, she only cried a little before we slept and I fed her with just water, when she saw that the breast was not forthcoming she just left my bed and went to join my mum in her room and she slept there till this morning without crying or looking for breast. . We have successfully gone through 24 hrs without breastfeeding
Congrats ma. More success

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 11:03am On Nov 12, 2018
jazzyjazz:

Have u tried semo and okro soup? My son doesn't eat either but give him semo and okro soup anytime and he will eat the quantity an adult should eat.

I have only tried eba and okro soup and sincerely she eats it once in a while, I will try with semo this time.. thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 11:05am On Nov 12, 2018
zimunachimdi:
Good morning Mamas.
my DD is stooling. I want to buy zinc.

My question is should I get d syrup or the tab?
She is fine,no vomiting or fever,just the stooling.

I am suspecting the little drop of spirit her dad gave her or...I don't know really.

How old is she? We used the tablet when my dd was about 5 months old.. there is this table water we use , nestle table water (with green cover), it contains zinc and we were told it will prevent stolling and believe me since we have been using it she has not had an episode of stooling sonce she was 5 or 6 months old..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 11:44am On Nov 12, 2018
jazzyjazz:

Pls how do u prepare the okro soup? Can a 8months old eat semo?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 11:49am On Nov 12, 2018
All dis weaning tips u ppl are sharing, me I'm afraiding oh cos it will soon be my turn with DS and Bobo like breast pass him Papa. Let me not think about it yet Sha, we are almost 10months tho
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2018
Goldenheart002:
All dis weaning tips u ppl are sharing, me I'm afraiding oh cos it will soon be my turn with DS and Bobo like breast pass him Papa. Let me not think about it yet Sha, we are almost 10months tho

My daughter loves breast so much that if she sneeze na breast, if she coughs na breast, if she drinks water na breast, she was so addicted to it that I didn't know weaning her will be so easy... you will be fine when the time comes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
katchycouture:

My daughter loves breast so much that if she sneeze na breast, if she coughs na breast, if she drinks water na breast, she was so addicted to it that I didn't know weaning her will be so easy... you will be fine when the time comes
congrats, I'm suspecting she would start accepting more foods now after the weaning. GB started loving cereal once I weaned her. She's still not a big fan of cerelac but loves nutribom with plenty fullcream milk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2018
katchycouture:

I hope so too o, infact I'm crying on his behalf already. I will start taking d step to weaning immediately after his birthday. Thanks mummy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
rvpbae:

Pls how do u prepare the okro soup? Can a 8months old eat semo?
At 8 months she can eat
Garri, semo, fufu and the normal family soup, you only need to make sure there's no bone in hers and not much pepper. But to be extra careful, you can make hers too. Blend the okro to be smoother. Wash the fish yourself and debone thoroughly then cook the soup like your normal okro but no pepper,
just a little salt and no msg.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2018
Free rotavirus vaccine in Surulere.
MCCH Gbaja. I was there today, Monday and they were administering.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
Giddyperson:
congrats, I'm suspecting she would start accepting more foods now after the weaning. GB started loving cereal once I weaned her. She's still not a big fan of cerelac but loves nutribom with plenty fullcream milk.

Thanks I will try cereals again hopefully she will accept it this time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
gud moni my able mothers, pls my dd has rashes don't even no d name of d rash whether its eela or elefo, my mum has gotten d red flower, we av started using it to bathe her, her face is nt smooth at all, pls which cream can I use for her although am using boots for her,
note; i ve used baby tribotan for her face yet nt smooth pls help me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Enkay12: 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2018
Maybe you should try sebamed baby soap

eolowu1:
gud moni my able mothers, pls my dd has rashes don't even no d name of d rash whether its eela or elefo, my mum has gotten d red flower, we av started using it to bathe her, her face is nt smooth at all, pls which cream can I use for her although am using boots for her,
note; i ve used baby tribotan for her face yet nt smooth pls help me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
katchycouture:

How old is she? We used the tablet when my dd was about 5 months old.. there is this table water we use , nestle table water (with green cover), it contains zinc and we were told it will prevent stolling and believe me since we have been using it she has not had an episode of stooling sonce she was 5 or 6 months old..

This is the water I've been buying for baby since birth and no incidence of stooling. . .Just started with the blue one now though cos it comes in big bottles

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2018
zaynie:
Free rotavirus vaccine in Surulere.
MCCH Gbaja. I was there today, Monday and they were administering.

Free cholera nko grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2018
Giddyperson:

Free cholera nko grin

You want cholera tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
Giddyperson:
At 8 months she can eat
Garri, semo, fufu and the normal family soup, you only need to make sure there's no bone in hers and not much pepper. But to be extra careful, you can make hers too. Blend the okro to be smoother. Wash the fish yourself and debone thoroughly then cook the soup like your normal okro but no pepper,
just a little salt and no msg.

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 4:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
katchycouture:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
katchycouture:

thanks for replying. she is 10months.
I have bought the tab own. though the guy I bought from asked me to take flagyl syrup that it will stop the stooling.fear catch me ooo cos I don't know if she has reached the age of taking it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
zaynie:

You want cholera vaccine? tongue
Yes, free cheesy tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
Giddyperson:

Yes, free cheesy tongue

I didn't ask.
Come, are you serious or are you just pulling my legs undecided

Next time I Waka that side, I'll ask all the free vaccines they have.
Too much crowd don kukuma pursue me from using that place for my kids now.
Imagine getting to the hospital at quarter to 10 and couldn't see a Dr till I left there around 3.45. There was still a queue of at least 50 kids. shocked.
Thank God it wasn't a life threatening situation.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
R
Mahoti:
How we stopped breastfeeding
After 6month of EBF i started withdrawing,At 8month I stop breastfeeding during the day and once in d midnight,at 10months I introduced tea instead of bwess in the midnight or water that was how she stopped breastfeeding.
During the weaning period I kept covering my bwess so she won't remember and start crying apart from that no cry cry upandan ooo but I make sure she is always filled up.
Oya oo mamas make una come help us cos I tire,apart from papa and milk (123milk 4packs finish within 2week una know say I no get husband and her father always complain like its my fault that she is not eating) this madam won't eat any other food
She pick few strands of noodles and wash the remaining and rice,don't even talk about swallow.thanks in advance.

It’s a common phenomenon in children.

Firstly just make sure she has a proper breakfast of the pap or cereal she likes.

Offer another meal at about noon, give her whatever quantity she takes and pack it up in30mins. Try not to make a fuss

After three hours offer another meal and repeat as above!

Do not offer snacks except fruits and water in moderate quantity!

Offer adult food like swallow and rice , spaghetti etc add veggies/ chicken strips to make it colourful where possible
Good luck and hope these help!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
zaynie:

I didn't ask.
Come, are you serious or are you just pulling my legs undecided

Next time I Waka that side, I'll ask all the free vaccines they have.
Too much crowd don kukuma pursue me from using that place for my kids now.
Imagine getting to the hospital at quarter to 10 and couldn't see a Dr till I left there around 3.45. There was still a queue of at least 50 kids. shocked.
Thank God it wasn't a life threatening situation.
Is it a PHC, those kain places are 7am else u spend the whole day.
Lol cholera vaccine is 11k per dose and it's two doses. So yes I'm serious. I'd go to Ijebu Ode if I heard it was free there. Not in a hurry tho since we're not in Lagos until next year.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
Biko airtel people keep calling my phone with ordinary looking numbers. What do I text to who to make it stop.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 6:48pm On Nov 12, 2018
I'm back to give the report of last night.

Usually he eats quarter of a noodles pack but last night I made half for him his dad fed him and he finished all. So when we were about sleeping before immediately we lie down I will put breast in his mouth and that's how we will sleep but the guy was expecting the thing and it wasn't forthcoming so he started rolling on the bed and crying so I stood up made tea forced him to drink like 2 spoons he sha drank that with plenty water and slept by fire by force around 1:30 he woke up and was looking for breast I discovered no water beside me so I went to bring water for him he drank and refused to sleep again he sat by the door and was playing. Tomorrow na Monday work dey, I slept after like 20mins he came and asked for breast that's where the wahala started I carried him and was pinning him to the bed he didn't sleep after plenty cry and wahala he slept. He has not asked for breast since then. I'm in serious pains with my breasts wrapped in cabbage leaves. I can't even sit still or lie down, just pacing up and down, I know after this night we will be over it.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1982) (1983) (1984) (1985) (1986) (1987) (1988) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.