Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2009) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390184 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 6:45am On Dec 03, 2018
Hello mums.....I just ported into this group thank God..
pls I have a question..
Can High white blood cell count be easily treated in New borborn?? And is it common?....Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 7:00am On Dec 03, 2018
Giddyperson:

Where can we find it and who is Praise Fowowe

He is a life coachie. Here is a link to his recent interview on TVC Your view. listen to it and u will agree with me that the guy is loaded with info on parenting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CehoyRraW60

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:56am On Dec 03, 2018
Chanbaby:

He is a life coachie. Here is a link to his recent interview on TVC Your view. listen to it and u will agree with me that the guy is loaded with info on parenting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CehoyRraW60
My current network is not YouTube friendly. Is he selling online copies, abi where does one get the books. Oh just found it on Amazon for 6K. But now I really wanna read it, after reading the preface.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:06am On Dec 03, 2018
unex50:
Hello mums.....I just ported into this group thank God..
pls I have a question..
Can High white blood cell count be easily treated in New borborn?? And is it common?....Thanks
High wbc is how they detect infection in babies cuz the cells increase in a bid to fight off the infection. They would usually prescribe antibiotics to treat the infection but if the infection is really bad, they would admit the baby. Either way it's really common in babies, you just have to go to a good hospital and follow doctor's advice.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:04am On Dec 03, 2018
Giddyperson:

My current network is not YouTube friendly. Is he selling online copies, abi where does one get the books

you can order from his website https://iampraisefowowe.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2018
Thank you so much for drawing attention to this. It is very very very vital.

I might be going to my Village impromptu for a few days. I haven't been there since my traditional wedding.

Majorly considering leaving my 9months old with my mom or mother in law, am more comfortable leaving her than putting her through the drama for flight or road trip ( she has self-weaned and she eats everything with no hassle)

Only that, its our first Christmas together and we will be apart... I dont even know how to feel about all this.

One part is saying skip the trip, another is reminding me of how much it will mean to my Dad to honor him by visiting and attending his planned family thanksgiving on Christmas day. My hubby is leaving the decision totally to me.

Roseey0:
Copied

Dear Mothers,
Please let's talk...
Its barely 1 months to Christmas and some of us have plans of going to village...that is our/ there husband's places and may be to your place too ....
While we prepare,i want you to have this in mind...
While buying them clothes with shine shine and blink blink & colourful designs, please, rem to buy them nice cardigans,Rem to get them full cover sleeping wears and stockings,rem to buy a net or flit or even shelltoss ighotaanu ife meanii..a mosquito repellent if possible,village mosquitoes need fresh blood oo...
Rem there will be a change of weather so plan for that please,
Rem there cups,bottles & feeders,help them manage there intake properly atleast to some extent....

THEN WHILE YOU BUY ALL THIS,WHILE PACKING YOUR BIG BIBLE,HOLY WATER,OIL & HANKY WITH PIN UO & STICKER,
PLEASE MOST IMPORTANTLY REMEMEBER SOME VITAL DRUGS,
Paracetamol maka fever and over activity,
VitaminC..
Some pain relievers maka ndi ya ada ada...
Some cough and cattarh drugs....
A thermometer incase our palms fails us...
And other things.....

YOU KNOW WHY I AM KIND ABOUT THIS
This is to enable you you manage your child proper so that you will not come & accuse village people, this time they are innocent..
Stories like,darling it was after that man with white bear bear carried baby that he/she started vomiting,
Then for those that has been suspecting there mother inlaws and sister inlaws to be witches,it wil now be easier to prove your point..you will now say that mama took her/him inside the room only to bring her out with very highhhhh temparature..
It was Dee Ekeonu or Maazi Obi that did this or did that....
Then for those that will come here on facebook and force us to pray with captions like,Please Pray For my baby oo,we visited my husband's village and this is what i got ooo...

ONE MORE...
Please prepare your daughters well,No uncle should carry you oo,if he tells you to come,tell him NO...

So please,While you are conscious of how gorgeous and glamorous you will appear,while keeping up with schedules and events...KEEP UP WITH YOUR BABY 100%

GOD BLESS US...
Congratulations to motherhood once again..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:21am On Dec 03, 2018
I want pizza cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2018
Giddyperson:
I want pizza cry

ur village na zoo?
dem no get pizza
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2018
StrongWoman333:
She died alone. smiley

U sure?? OK o grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 10:36am On Dec 03, 2018
Giddyperson:
I want pizza cry

In ur village ? u will wait till u give birth no show for u grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 10:50am On Dec 03, 2018
Anugod than for keeping space for me at least my name appear on page 2000 I won't miss it again.
JGracious God bless you and yours for the remembrance.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:08am On Dec 03, 2018
Graced2018:

Thank you so much for drawing attention to this. It is very very very vital.

I might be going to my Village impromptu for a few days. I haven't been there since my traditional wedding.

Majorly considering leaving my 9months old with my mom or mother in law, am more comfortable leaving her than putting her through the drama for flight or road trip ( she has self-weaned and she eats everything with no hassle)

Only that, its our first Christmas together and we will be apart... I dont even know how to feel about all this.

One part is saying skip the trip, another is reminding me of how much it will mean to my Dad to honor him by visiting and attending his planned family thanksgiving on Christmas day. My hubby is leaving the decision totally to me.

Travelled with GB last Christmas for my mum's thanksgiving. She was 7 months old then, we stayed 2 weeks and enjoyed ourselves. If it's going to be a road trip, better to leave her behind.

If you're taking her, it's really no big deal.
Pack a winter jacket Or a really thick jacket for harmattan.
Treat her for malaria just before you leave or pack antimalarial medicine and antibiotics .
Don't get carried away by village life, sterilize as much as you normally would and prepare all her meals yourself.
Make it clear that no one feeds her anything at all, especially the other kids.
Keep her indoors as much as possible, esp mornings and evenings.
Use mosquito nets or insecticide every night.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 11:17am On Dec 03, 2018
Oya on your infrared or na bluetooth nee make I send for you tongue
Giddyperson:
I want pizza cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:18am On Dec 03, 2018
Chanbaby:

In ur village ? u will wait till u give birth no show for u grin grin
I haff passed

enque:

ur village na zoo?
dem no get pizza
Don't blaspheme against my village, I'm eating akara now, all join tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 11:21am On Dec 03, 2018
Thank you for your response.

Am only staying for a few days between 22nd and 26th. Considering road trip because of the airport drama this season and also, the trip from airport to my village is about 2hrs plus. We are also about 6 in total - cost saving, even though its about 220k for a Hiace bus (to and fro).

DD was about 5weeks old when we first travelled. I will never understand her reason for crying for about 7hrs of the total of 9hr trip. It still haunts me. Time had never been so slow, almost told the pilot to park lol

Giddyperson:

Travelled with GB last Christmas for my mum's thanksgiving. She was 7 months old then, we stayed 2 weeks and enjoyed ourselves. If it's going to be a road trip, better to leave her behind.

If you're taking her, it's really no big deal.
Pack a winter jacket Or a really thick jacket for harmattan.
Treat her for malaria just before you leave or pack antimalarial medicine and antibiotics .
Don't get carried away by village life, sterilize as much as you normally would and prepare all her meals yourself.
Make it clear that no one feeds her anything at all, especially the other kids.
Keep her indoors as much as possible, esp mornings and evenings.
Use mosquito nets or insecticide every night.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:22am On Dec 03, 2018
Giddyperson:

I haff passed

Don't blaspheme against my village, I'm eating akara now, all join tongue

huhuhu

akara e ji mmanu nni wee ye grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:52am On Dec 03, 2018
Graced2018:

Thank you for your response.

Am only staying for a few days between 22nd and 26th. Considering road trip because of the airport drama this season and also, the trip from airport to my village is about 2hrs plus. We are also about 6 in total - cost saving, even though its about 220k for a Hiace bus (to and fro).

DD was about 5weeks old when we first travelled. I will never understand her reason for crying for about 7hrs of the total of 9hr trip. It still haunts me. Time had never been so slow, almost told the pilot to park lol

Usually crazy expensive travelling around that period.
For 220k, I'd just cancel the trip and pay him a 2 day visit in January cheesy But I'm Ijebu so cheesy cheesy

Many times babies just cry all tru the duration of a flight, I'd imagine that the crying gets the parent tense, and when the parent is tense, the baby can't calm down. 7 hours must have been hell.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:53am On Dec 03, 2018
enque:

huhuhu

akara e ji mmanu nni wee ye grin
Taa pure akara with pepper, tasted better than pizza. It's Lagos roadside akara that they fry with magomago oil
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:57am On Dec 03, 2018
Giddyperson:

Taa pure akara with pepper, tasted better than pizza. It's Lagos roadside akara that they fry with magomago oil

story story...
better doublecheck to be sure it's not fried Ukwa or akidi that u r eating...u know say preggos-brain nor go let u see beyond the hunger
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
Halcyon123:
Oya on your infrared or na bluetooth nee make I send for you tongue
are you sure you have pizza in ugwu awusa. It's not fura I want o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2018
enque:

story story...
better doublecheck to be sure it's not fried Ukwa or akidi that u r eating...u know say preggos-brain nor go let u see beyond the hunger
Jealousy, don't do and travel for christmas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2018
My sister, am so with you on being Ijebu! When you become a parent with newly defined responsibilities, it becomes necessary o.

I hope we decide within a few days and I can plan accordingly. I just can't shake off how happy my Dad will be to have us there (esp with the baby)... that only complicates the decision for me.

Giddyperson:

Usually crazy expensive travelling around that period.
For 220k, I'd just cancel the trip and pay him a 2 day visit in January cheesy But I'm Ijebu so cheesy cheesy

Many times babies just cry all tru the duration of a flight, I'd imagine that the crying gets the parent tense, and when the parent is tense, the baby can't calm down. 7 hours just have been hell.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2018
Giddyperson:

Jealousy, don't do and travel for christmas

i travelled for easter jor, lemme enjoy xmas wt my lagos ppl.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bee137: 1:06pm On Dec 03, 2018
Hi Dear! I suggest you get health insurance during the course of your pregnancy. I know a particular HMO, rovedana HMO, they provide you access to Ultrasound scans for as low as 2,000 naira. You can read up this article and also check their website to learn more. Their services are very very efficient. https://rovedana.com/blog/healthcare-insurance-services/rovedana-health-insurance-ultrasound-scan/

Luminary1:
Hello preggy moms, what's the cost pregnancy ultrasound/scan in Lagos. ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2018
Dear Mamas , please what is the implication if a baby continue breastfeeding on just one breast?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:04pm On Dec 03, 2018
StrongWoman333:
Dear Mamas , please what is the implication if a baby continue breastfeeding on just one breast?

The other breast may get engorged
One breast may be bigger than the other in size
The milk in the non-suckled breast will eventually dry up

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2018
enque:

The other breast may get engorged
One breast may be bigger than the other in size
The milk in the non-suckled breast will eventually dry up
shocked She dosnt suck it at all since over a Month now. I've started introduction of food. Please if we continue like this and I eventually wean her will it affect me?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2018
StrongWoman333:
shocked She dosnt suck it at all since over a Month now. I've started introduction of food. Please if we continue like this and I eventually wean her will it affect me?

affecting you is relative...psychologically? physicaly? which are you referring to?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2018
enque:

affecting you is relative...psychologically? physicaly? which are you referring to?
I mean the breast. Will the shape effect remain so forever even after weaning?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2018
StrongWoman333:
I mean the breast. Will the shape effect remain so forever even after weaning?

well,
i wouldn't know
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2018
Graced2018:
My sister, am so with you on being Ijebu! When you become a parent with newly defined responsibilities, it becomes necessary o.

I hope we decide within a few days and I can plan accordingly. I just can't shake off how happy my Dad will be to have us there (esp with the baby)... that only complicates the decision for me.

hello.. I'll just say if you can make it work out, try to go with her esp since your going in the first place is to make dad happy though I understand it's a huge sacrifice. God will reward it. she'll be fine just take all the necessary precautions Giddy.person wrote above. At 5 weeks she was quite young to undergo that kind of stress o. The Lord will go with you, all will be well, and you'll all be happy and fine.. cheers.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayluv(f): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2018
On Tyler Perry's Acrimony, I felt really bad for the lady. She sacrificed so much and got practically nothing in return. Granted her family was against the marriage, she went ahead and married for love. She also went ahead to maintain the home for 18 good years. If the man really loved her as he claimed, he would have remembered her and all their dreams together not going ahead to have same dreams with this other woman. They both were imperfect beings at one point or the other but then no one is perfect. Communication is key in any relationship. I'm sure that if the man had mentioned his meeting with the other woman, she wouldn't have jumped to the wrong conclusion about his cheating on her a second time. Family is and will always be important besides they were trying ro help in their own little way. It's such a sad story though. May we never sow for someone else to reap in Jesus name amen.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.