Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2051) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390303 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2048) (2049) (2050) (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 10, 2019
Akorkor:

Have you tried August secret? apple puree, banana, mango puree?
i haven't,i don't knw if he's gonna take that one since he rejected others.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 10, 2019
FexCathy:

Have you tried our normal staple food? Some babies prefer that.
I've tried semo and okra soup,he collected it but i don't think it's satisfying for him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:50am On Jan 10, 2019
Mamas complaining of blocked nose should remember we're in dry season. The air is very dry and makes it hard to breath. My own nose is blocked half the time. I think all you can do is make sure they are well covered and keep helping them at night with mentholatum or steam inhalation until it passes. Anything else might just be making a mountain out of a molehill.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:53am On Jan 10, 2019
Biko mamas with baby boys we have circumcision tomorrow, and I'm freaking out already. Please I need tips on how to take care of the site so it heals as soon as possible.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 10, 2019
enque:

what does he take?
He can finish a full drum of water,when he's in a good mood,he collects 3-4 spoons of pap with his indomie&egg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 10, 2019
enque:

what does he take?
He can finish a full drum of water,when he's in a good mood,he collects 3-4 spoons of pap with his indomie&egg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
Giddyperson:
Biko mamas with baby boys we have circumcision tomorrow, and I'm freaking out already. Please I need tips on how to take care of the site so it heals as soon as possible.

It depends on the type they are doing for him. If it's the ring type, for us it's just Goya oil till the ring dropped ( this is to ensure the diaper does not stick with it.) then penicillin till it heals. I don't even want to remember the way he wept back then. sad

Paracetamol for pain relief too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
lol, do what they say you should do. If it's the ring/plastibell method, don't touch it at all till it falls off, that's the method we used

I was told not to apply anything or do anything and it healed nicely

Giddyperson:

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
Giddyperson:

Congrats on d arrival of the surest giddyboy! I rejoice with you ma.

Its normal to feel that way ma. You will be told on how to cater for the site.
For my 2ds,it was d ring type. I was faaaar away from d room where it was done but my mom stood close by(their crying was agonising to me). My breast was on stand by when he was brought out... We were told to use warm water(diluted wit either disinfectant or little salt) to rinse it for few minutes(mornings & evenings and apply penicillin at every diaper change). And to give pcm.

The ring fell of on its own after about 4 or 5days(cnt remember...)

Fear not ma,you will both be fine

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eezohbae(f): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
FloraEC:

No problem
Will check main market or ochanja

Maami,I pmed you don't know if it went through or not...Its about oriflame
Its urgent
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
Thanks for all the wonderful birthday wishes. May God bless each and everyone of you

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2019
Thanks everyone. We're doing it in the village hospital, just wanna be prepared incase I hear 'Use engine oil' cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
Eezohbae:

Maami,I pmed you don't know if it went through or not...Its about oriflame
Its urgent
Can't access my addy
Replied you thru IG
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
Giddyperson:
Thanks everyone. We're doing it in the village hospital, just wanna be prepared incase I hear 'Use engine oil' cheesy

Ex teamie, biko don't try that engine oil thing o. My son's ring fell off within 3 days of applying penicillin (4 times a day)... And I'm still applying the penicillin cos his circumcision was done over 2 weeks after his birth (we had to first treat the jaundice that appeared)

Meanwhile, mamas pls I need your say on this, my son becomes weak n tired after BF, is it normal? And we are 4weeks today, when can I start taking milk (I had my LO via ELCS)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by obinnanelson4(m): 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
SlimBrawnie:

Ex teamie, biko don't try that engine oil thing o. My son's ring fell off within 3 days of applying penicillin (4 times a day)... And I'm still applying the penicillin cos his circumcision was done over 2 weeks after his birth (we had to first treat the jaundice that appeared)

Meanwhile, mamas pls I need your say on this, my son becomes weak n tired after BF, is it normal? And we are 4weeks today, when can I start taking milk (I had my LO via ELCS)
hello Mama, kindly throw more light on this milk thing you spoke about cos wifey had CS too.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
Who said you shouldn't take milk?

What do you mean by weak & tired? Like he falls asleep? It's only normal to fall asleep after feeding

SlimBrawnie:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sandeiwhite: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2019
Please my baby of 3months is pooing after every feed.what could b d cause?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eezohbae(f): 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
FloraEC:

Can't access my addy
Replied you thru IG

Sent a mail through your business page
Please reply

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
jazzyjazz:
Thanks for all the wonderful birthday wishes. May God bless each and everyone of you
He will continue to grow in God's wisdom.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2019
hunniesuzie:

My kid sis was told same thing too by the Dr that carried out the CS.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2019
SlimBrawnie:

I think whenever they suck to their satisfaction, they feel relaxed and look tired. I don't think it's something serious.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessie89: 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
Giddyperson:

Used a generous amount of olive oil as often as possible for DS, ànd Notting else as directed at d hospital, ring came off on the 4th day, and mind u did is dry season, pls make sure d site is always oilly so d ring can fall off on time, once d ring fall off was asked to use a mild soap and savlon in water to wash and continue with olive oil till site heals
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
hunniesuzie:

What do you mean by weak & tired? Like he falls asleep? It's only normal to fall asleep after feeding

Yea, falling asleep n sometimes just very tired like he did a very serious work.

For the milk, while in the hospital, I was told not to n now family n friends say I shouldn't still take milk until about 8weeks post delivery since twas CS
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
comtem2011:
I think whenever they suck to their satisfaction, they feel relaxed and look tired. I don't think it's something serious.

Oh! That must be due to satisfaction then. Thank you mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
obinnanelson4:
hello Mama, kindly throw more light on this milk thing you spoke about cos wifey had CS too.
Congrats sir, hope you were finally able to get the Rhogam.
I was told not to take it while at the hospital, I can't remember the exact reason. My sis in law still said I shouldn't take it until 8weeks post delivery, I'm 4weeks PD and really want to include it in my diet but need to be sure. I don't even know if Yogurt is included cos I've taken that like thrice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Busybeehf(f): 7:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
sunbestie:
I don't like using eye drop for babies. Leave him is nothing
Ok. Thnx ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
Eezohbae:

Sent a mail through your business page
Please reply
No problem
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by obinnanelson4(m): 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
SlimBrawnie:

Congrats sir, hope you were finally able to get the Rhogam.
I was told not to take it while at the hospital, I can't remember the exact reason. My sis in law still said I shouldn't take it until 8weeks post delivery, I'm 4weeks PD and really want to include it in my diet but need to be sure. I don't even know if Yogurt is included cos I've taken that like thrice.
Thank you very much mama o, wifey had CS due to bridge presentation and got her Rogham shot 6hrs after. two days later, doctor said she can eat what's so ever she feels like eating oh. We thank God for everything.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
obinnanelson4:
Thank you very much mama o, wifey had CS due to bridge presentation and got her Rogham shot 6hrs after. two days later, doctor said she can eat what's so ever she feels like eating oh. We thank God for everything.

Hian, her own is better, the monitoring spirits I have around me won't let me eat n drink what I like grin, they say I should drink only hot things, even my malt is warmed before drinking, I shouldn't take milk, I shouldn't eat strong food.. This n that. Anyway I bless God. I had my Rhogam shot about 30mins after I came out from the theatre. God bless your family. Cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ilyfavoured: 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
Okay. Thanks. was only offered vitamin A and asked to come back at 15 months for chicken pox

hunniesuzie:
We took meningiococcal, PCV booster, DTP booster, Vit A

Some people add MMR and chicken pox but my hospital gives this at 15 months

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
Happy new year mummies, @ jazzy thank you so much for yout support since i relocated, we have lovely people on nairaland.
Pls i am looking for someone to share a shop space with, in gwarimpa. Anyone interested pls watsup 08158185837. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by McPerry(f): 12:27am On Jan 11, 2019
Busybeehf:
My baby itches his eyes whenever he sucks, or when he wants to sleep. What could be the cause?

I guess is normal.. my 11 months old ds does that whenever he wants to sleep.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2048) (2049) (2050) (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.