Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390526 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2019
Giddyperson:
I suspect it puts pressure on the stiches, but it might also be from sitting for too long. I stopped both and the pain is gone.

Reminds me of my own episode, d doctor dat stitched me must be a retired tailor. Baby is one year now and d pain is still there cry cry

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2019
mitche15:
Hello beautiful mamas, For your party pack, party essentials, Decors, costumes pls Contact me on 09087846787 and pls follow @partytots on instagram. Tomorrow is our giveaway day! stay tuned.. A few of our items to show you what we've got!

What part of Lagos do u reside?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aitee1: 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
exquizit:

Wow...breastmilk splash for real? And I have to squeeze my breast hard before milk comes out. Please mamas help a first time mum here o, my baby is a month old today and we're still struggling with breast milk, she's been taking nan though.
I know there have been posts on lactation, can someone please refer me to the page(s) or just tell me what to do.
Biko no Waka pass abeg

Modified..
I just searched the thread now and I got tips. Please can I get fenugreek seed from a local market and does it have a local name? I've been taking pap/tea with milk since I put to bed, no improvement. May have to contact the mama that sells cookies too if location won't be a problem.
Please others suggestions would be highly appreciated, thanks.

I took boiled fresh palmwine during my time and immediately breast milk flowed and since then it been good and we are on EBF

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
Anitaamich:
Please mamas, when does colic go away?? My daughter is 2months and 2weeks and it’s still serious, she struggles and grunts when she’s sucking and pulls away and farts forcefully too while crying, to breastfeed her is problem because she will pull out and splash breastmilk all over her face and I think the breastmilk splash on her face is causing rashes on her face. Please when will this colic phase be over??
3m
It'll soon be over. Sorry dear

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
Funmi2510:

Thanks alot for responding to my questions...dont say my wahala is too much

I prepared 125ml of formula for him didn't finish it and was crying .. Immediately I breast fed him again he was just sucking d breast as if he hasn't taken anything before... Is it that what I prepared is too small or what....
Your wahala is not too much, what are senior mamas for wink

You said he didn't finish it, so it couldn't have been too small. Maybe he just prefers the breastmilk. Many babies woulld totally reject formula at this age especially from mum, but he would most likely take it from the creche nannies and finish it cuz he would be hungry then and you won't be there all the time to provide plan B. keep trying with the formula for now to be sure exactly what quantity he can finish but if you still ain't sure then tell the creche people to make the 180ml for him, you can always increase or reduce it depending on the reports from the nanny.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
Goldenheart002:

Reminds me of my own episode, d doctor dat stitched me must be a retired tailor. Baby is one year now and d pain is still there cry cry
Retired tailor cheesy that one should know how to sew nah.

The doctor that stiched me was a baby doctor and it was her first time but she did such a terrific job. She numbed the area so well i didn't feel a thing all through the stitching, didn't even know it was possible. Her sewing skills sef was top notch. These old doctors are just mean. Her consultant who was supervising her kept trying to rush her, telling her that this is the first time in his career where he's seen a patient laughing and gisting with the doctor while being stiched.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2019
PraisesG:

Case!
Senior Mama!

Yes dear cheesy
hunniesuzie:
Fear God!
This girl senior mummy FEAR GOD!

cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 12:04am On Jan 22, 2019
I have Navigon black leather shoes for your princes and princesses. Price is #3500. White canvass and children character slippers are also available. Whatsapp, call or text 07066351126. tanks/

navigon boy - sizes 31 to 41
navigon girl -sizes 26 to 42
cartoon xter slippers - sizes 25 to 31
white canvass- sizes 31 to 35.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by exquizit(f): 3:38am On Jan 22, 2019
Aitee1:

I took boiled fresh palmwine during my time and immediately breast milk flowed and since then it been good and we are on EBF

MIL got me palm wine few weeks ago but it wasn't fresh, it was already mixed. I started having headache after a sip and the taste was terrible. It's really hard to get fresh palm wine here, but now that you've mentioned it, I'll ask around. Thanks Sis.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by exquizit(f): 3:41am On Jan 22, 2019
whyworryPH:

Try roasted groundnut. I was advised by relatives to try it when I was battling with breastmilk flow. Whenever I take it, breastmilk will be splashing on my baby as he sucks. In fact, he won't be able to keep up with the speed and would have to pause and remove his mouth in between.

Heard yogurt helps too.

Wow...i want my breastmilk to start splashing too! We're buying groundnut and yoghurt today by God's grace! Thanks a bunch Sis.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by irynterri(f): 8:02am On Jan 22, 2019
exquizit:

Wow...breastmilk splash for real? And I have to squeeze my breast hard before milk comes out. Please mamas help a first time mum here o, my baby is a month old today and we're still struggling with breast milk, she's been taking nan though.
I know there have been posts on lactation, can someone please refer me to the page(s) or just tell me what to do.
Biko no Waka pass abeg

Modified..
I just searched the thread now and I got tips. Please can I get fenugreek seed from a local market and does it have a local name? I've been taking pap/tea with milk since I put to bed, no improvement. May have to contact the mama that sells cookies too if location won't be a problem.
Please others suggestions would be highly appreciated, thanks.
try taking fufu especially with bitterleaf soup walahi you will be forcing your baby to suck up the milk because your boobs will be too full
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 8:51am On Jan 22, 2019
Goldenheart002:

What part of Lagos do u reside?

Ajao estate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Temi059: 9:00am On Jan 22, 2019
Tre en en is good for babies and it helps in their cell build up. Just one capsule daily.

One full cup (120 capsules)- #7500
Half cup (60 capsules)- #3750
Quarter cup (30 capsules)- #1875

Call/whatsapp-08160129015

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NIFES(f): 9:03am On Jan 22, 2019
cutewifey:
Good afternoon mamas in the house, pls mamas, my baby is 21days today. He has a very tiny white dot in his right pupil. we took him to a pediatric doctor and he said its nothing to worry about. No test was conducted on him, he just said it okay and that it will go by itself. pls has any mamas here notice this kind of thing. if yes, what did you about it. I'm worried it might be something serious

Please take the baby to an Ophthalmologist to get checked. Very important.

It's probably a minor thing but safer not to gamble.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:15am On Jan 22, 2019
Roughstart you have an almost 10kg bag of flour given by an angel to encourage you in your business.
Please send me a PM.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jflobaby: 9:15am On Jan 22, 2019
Good morning mamas in the house, im officially reporting to this thread. I has my DS on the 10th of January and i am yet to get a place to do his circumcision. I had him in a private hospital through my HMO and when i inquired about circumcision they said i should bring him back after naming. But that hospital is too expensive jare, we spent 72k for treating mild jaundice through phototherapy that i later discovered we could have easily done at home by allowing the early morning rays of sun get to him.
Mum went to ikeja general hospital to make enquiries yesterday but they kept tossing her from immunisation unit to family planning to gynaecology, they all claimed they dont do it.
Please i need contact of any nurse that can come do the ring own for us at home or if there is an hospital we can easily walk in to get it done. I stay at opic after ojodu berger.

Secondly, this baby friendly thing doesnt seem to be working for me. I had to give DS Nan on the 3rd date after delivery as he was not getting enough milk supply and kept crying. Up until now, he still doesnt get satisfied with breast milk alone making the vigilante business more difficult as he stays on the breasts for long and once i lay him down after he manages to sleep he wakes up within 5 - 10 mins crying for food and the whole cycle starts again but once he is fed Nan, he gets knocked out and sleep for long hrs if you like blow trumpet his sleep will not be distured.

I had to buy lactation cookies and one milky shake i saw online yesterday, i also tried getting the mixed millet, guinea corn pap but was not available at the supermarket i checked, (i have been taking yellow pap and milk before now). Hubby bought more tins of Nan yesterday and said all he cares about is for his son to be well fed undecided. Please what else can i take to make this milk flowing. This dude needs to get high on breast milk not Nan. Lol

Sabi mamas biko i look forward to hear from you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 10:32am On Jan 22, 2019
jflobaby:
Good morning mamas in the house, im officially reporting to this thread. I has my DS on the 10th of January and i am yet to get a place to do his circumcision. I had him in a private hospital through my HMO and when i inquired about circumcision they said i should bring him back after naming. But that hospital is too expensive jare, we spent 72k for treating mild jaundice through phototherapy that i later discovered we could have easily done at home by allowing the early morning rays of sun get to him.
Mum went to ikeja general hospital to make enquiries 8yesterday but they kept tossing her from immunisation unit to family planning to gynaecology, they all claimed they dont do it.
Please i need contact of any nurse that can come do the ring own for us at home or if there is an hospital we can easily walk in to get it done. I stay at opic after ojodu berger.

Secondly, this baby friendly thing doesnt seem to be working for me. I had to give DS Nan on the 3rd date after delivery as he was not getting enough milk supply and kept crying. Up until now, he still doesnt get satisfied with breast milk alone making the vigilante business more difficult as he stays on the breasts for long and once i lay him down after he manages to sleep he wakes up within 5 - 10 mins crying for food and the whole cycle starts again but once he is fed Nan, he gets knocked out and sleep for long hrs if you like blow trumpet his sleep will not be distured.

I had to buy lactation cookies and one milky shake i saw online yesterday, i also tried getting the mixed millet, guinea corn pap but was not available at the supermarket i checked, (i have been taking yellow pap and milk before now). Hubby bought more tins of Nan yesterday and said all he cares about is for his son to be well fed undecided. Please what else can i take to make this milk flowing. This dude needs to get high on breast milk not Nan. Lol

Congratulations on your little one

If you read up before your comment, some sabi mamas have mentioned roasted groundnut, yorgurt and boiled fresh Palm wine among others do the trick for breast milk supply and some pap ( Millets and guinea corn) vendors who are mamas among us post their products and numbers to reach them.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2019
Aitee1:

Cc: @Jflobaby here you go
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 10:36am On Jan 22, 2019
irynterri:
try taking fufu especially with bitterleaf soup walahi you will be forcing your baby to suck up the milk because your boobs will be too full

Cc: @jflobaby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 10:44am On Jan 22, 2019
rofemiguwa:

Am here ooo grin. Happy new month. I sell fenugreek seeds for tea and lactation cookies too.
Very yummy and effective

Zero nine zero two six seven seven two nine four three kiss kiss

Cc: jflobaby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 10:46am On Jan 22, 2019
baeboss:
ZURIEL'S LACTATION DELIGHT!!!!
We are Naija Breastmilk Boosters. With our organic lactogenic ingredients we produce healthy cookies and milkshake drinks/mix that will boost the QUALITY and QUANTITY of your breastmilk.
What makes our lactation cookies wonderful? Its made using Flaxseed and Oats which increases the level of prolactin in your body helping you lactate more.
The crunchiness and the sweet mild taste is amazing. Yummy, healthy and nutritious snacks for our yummy breastfeeding mothers.

We also have other varieties like the raisins, almond, coconut, peanut and dates lactation cookies. Nationwide delivery!
Call us on 08020919111 or chat with us on whatsapp 07064951212 to placr your order.

For all the New mums finding lactation difficult, this should help

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 10:50am On Jan 22, 2019
rofemiguwa:

Zero nine zero two six seven seven two nine four three.

Ayam waiting��

Her nos: 09026772943
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 10:56am On Jan 22, 2019
FloraEC:

What worked/works for me:
Pap
Tea/enough milk
Bitterleaf soup
Flaxseed
Fenugreek
Sesame seeds
Water
Beans
Lactation cookies/granula from @themilkbooster
Lactation cookies from rofemiguwa
Try and avoid stress too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 11:08am On Jan 22, 2019
jflobaby.

Congratulations on your delivery, you can check royan hospitals on aina street ojodu berger or isalu hospital wempco road ogba for your baby's circumcision.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AllGadgetsNG: 11:22am On Jan 22, 2019
AllGadgetsNG:
Contact 07066697724 for details or orders!!!

New Arrival!!! Kinyo SINGLE & DOUBLE SuperFast Electric Breast Pump!!!

Single: 17,000
Double: 25,000

Watch video on pump here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVyNsSXKtY

If you want a product that is fast, gets the job done quickly, light weight and easy to carry, then Kinyo Superfast Electric breast pump is exactly what you need. You can either plug your pump into the mains when you’re at home, or use with batteries when you want to express away from home.
Most Breast Pumps around have a pressure pump rate of 80 – 200 mmHg. The Kinyo Superfast breast pump capacity ranges from 130mmHg to 340mmHg; this means it is extra fast, yet gentle on you. It is light and easy to carry around, delivering high pumping capacity that gets the job done quickly, quietly and gently.

Manufactured in China, to American Standards. Backed by 12 Months Warranty.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Devosequence(f): 11:27am On Jan 22, 2019
Anitaamich:
Please mamas, when does colic go away?? My daughter is 2months and 2weeks and it’s still serious, she struggles and grunts when she’s sucking and pulls away and farts forcefully too while crying, to breastfeed her is problem because she will pull out and splash breastmilk all over her face and I think the breastmilk splash on her face is causing rashes on her face. Please when will this colic phase be over??
it depends my two older chilren their's stopped at 3months+ but this my very last baby stoped @5 to 6months, though it wasn't funny at all but here we are today he is 8+ and collic whatever is a forgotten issue ,with no issues .so relax and continue to lay hands on her in prayers .all thesame make sure there is no infection or medical issues by consulting your doctor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Devosequence(f): 11:33am On Jan 22, 2019
Devosequence:
Goodmorning mummies and happynew year to all please can someone advise on how to go about baby/ kids modelling stuff i tried google but the results are not coming up please i seriously need help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2019
1. Don't know hospitals in that area
2.search the thread, lots of different options have been shared. I know of fenugreek seeds and eating oats. However please continue to give baby Nan or any formula until you establish breastfeeding. A fed baby is the friendliest baby ever

jflobaby:
Mum went to ikeja general hospital to make enquiries yesterday but they kept tossing her from immunisation unit to family planning to gynaecology, they all claimed they dont do it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MzCorleone(f): 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2019
Sabi mums please my 4months old has nasal congestion but no fever,he's feeding well but doesn't sleep for long cos of breathing. Please what can we do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
jflobaby:

Ikeja GH won't take you serious cos they are more about emergency cases.
Try going to health centres or a smaller GH.
In surulere here, Randle GH does it every Friday by 8am you should be registered and must have paid.

Yoghurt did it for me when I just had my baby, Talltosyne (she's here) makes Yoghurt that makes you lactate like crazy and doesn't fatten unlike the sugar loaded yogurts that you find in supermarkets.
You can also try fenugreek and drinking warm water helps too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2019
irynterri:
Are u serious!!!! Heard this from someone but didn't believe. My own is water, it helps me gidigan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.