Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2078) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390729 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 9:38am On Feb 07, 2019
My baby is almost a year in 13 days, can i go ahead in giving her honey to relieve cough

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:13am On Feb 07, 2019
No abeg, 13 days is not far again not worth the risk

claseek:
My baby is almost a year in 13 days, can i go ahead in giving her honey to relieve cough

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 11:41am On Feb 07, 2019
Thanks all. I might change back to sma gold. He was stooling when he was taking it so I changed to Nan 1 and now he's constipated.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 12:02pm On Feb 07, 2019
hunniesuzie:
No abeg, 13 days is not far again not worth the risk

thanks. Some months ago, my hospital was like they don't give drugs for cough for babies below one year, so i didn't bother going to hospital. What else can i do to relieve this cough.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:27pm On Feb 07, 2019
claseek:
thanks. Some months ago, my hospital was like they don't give drugs for cough for babies below one year, so i didn't bother going to hospital. What else can i do to relieve this cough.

My hospital doesnt give cough syrup to kids below 3 yrs. They still dont give Zara at 2yrs+.

have u tried palm oil +sugar?
i think someone once mentioned ori+salt or so...I think iomoge2 or so, 'm not sure again,

I also read about putting sliced onions under ur feet and then wear socks to sleep overnight, that it works for cold, flu etc

there is another cough remedy shared on a group somewhere, using onions+garlic etc, I only tried once and she spat it out so i didnt bother, I cld share if u want t try.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amarisa(f): 2:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
Hello Mamas, pls is it advisable to be on contraceptive when one's cycle isn't regular? Pls help a sis..thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nwarosa: 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2019
Chinnybaby99:
Thanks all. I might change back to sma gold. He was stooling when he was taking it so I changed to Nan 1 and now he's constipated.
Try Cow and Gate (Nutri start)

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 5:21pm On Feb 07, 2019
nwarosa:
Try Cow and Gate (Nutri start)
Ok mom. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
NIFES:
Good afternoon mamas. Please does anybody have Forzarush's contact? Kindly share.
Hi mama,i'm peeping today. please let me know as soon as you get this so I can edit

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Inhaler: 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2019
Good evening mothers............please which immunization is given at one year?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anitaamich: 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2019
Loisemm:

My little contribution will be not to do any kind of family planning now till after at least your second child except finances is absolutely too tight. It's a more delicate situation for a former ttc mom. Billings natural family planning can still suffice for now. My opinion though.
Alright ma.. thank you!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:13am On Feb 08, 2019
Giddy baby would just wake up every single night and start wailing. Newborn that I'm supposed to be doing vigilante for, has been asleep since 9pm that i put him to bed but GB would not let somebody sleep at night. Since the new baby came, her cry has switched to one kain loud annoying endless cry that just pisses me the hell off. And she can go on like that for two hours straight no matter how much you console her. This is someone that hardly ever cried before, now every single time she opens her eye at night, its followed by loud annoying wailing that wont stop no matter how much you try to soothe her. It's like the more you try, the louder she gets.
Her dad tried then vexed and went to sleep in the living room, me i tried then vexed and went and locked myself in the toilet. She took the screaming up two notches and the dad came back and is back to consoling. Me I'm still locked in the toilet. Biko who can tell me what to do with her.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mum2bsoon: 3:28am On Feb 08, 2019
Giddyperson:
Giddy baby would just wake up every single night and start wailing. Newborn that I'm supposed to be doing vigilante for, has been asleep since 9pm that i put him to bed but GB would not let somebody sleep at night. Since the new baby came, her cry has switched to one kain loud annoying endless cry that just pisses me the hell off. And she can go on like that for two hours straight no matter how much you console her. This is someone that hardly ever cried before, now every single time she opens her eye at night, its followed by loud annoying wailing that wont stop no matter how much you try to soothe her. It's like the more you try, the louder she gets.
Her dad tried then vexed and went to sleep in the living room, me i tried then vexed and went and locked myself in the toilet. She took the screaming up two notches and the dad came back and is back to consoling. Me I'm still locked in the toilet. Biko who can tell me what to do with her.
You just described my situation
I have boiled rice this morning, it is so annoying when it's your toddler that keeps you awake and not the new born.

When you find solution, please let me know

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 4:23am On Feb 08, 2019
Giddyperson:
same here my almost 2 years tolder does same. looking for solution too but the most annoying thing is people around me feel I should always beat when he start that

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 6:48am On Feb 08, 2019
Giddyperson:
holla at me when you find solution, its annoying though

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 7:12am On Feb 08, 2019
Onaswu:

same here my almost 2 years tolder does same. looking for solution too but the most annoying thing is people around me feel I should always beat when he start that

LOL sometimes the beating works oooo, my little cousin was 2years + when his parents died and my parents took him in, he had this habit of crying every night and he will refuse to be consoled until he has had his fill, and one night my mother beat him up saying she was going to give him a reason to cry... that night was the end of that cry...

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 8:13am On Feb 08, 2019
Hahahaha

Make una give them akpu and better soup by 2am now. cheesy

I'm not sure there's a name and cure for that. It's environmental change plus sibling rivalry put together. They will outgrow it.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:08am On Feb 08, 2019
Ya back? You dinnor bring Udara for me?

Probably a sense that she no longer has all the attention...or hunger

Giddyperson:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 9:14am On Feb 08, 2019
Giddyperson:
Like seriously!!! shocked spank her small nah
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 9:39am On Feb 08, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Hi,

Please see your Gynae (preferably the one that helped manage the PCOS) he/she is in a better position to advise you. I personally suggest you go for non hormonal BC such as an IUD instead of hormonal methods

I can't relly say. I am on implanon and it's working well for me and I still see my period
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:40am On Feb 08, 2019
He may have been missing his parents

That's so sad sha

katchycouture:

LOL sometimes the beating works oooo, my little cousin was 2years + when his parents died and my parents took him in, he had this habit of crying every night and he will refuse to be consoled until he has had his fill, and one night my mother beat him up saying she was going to give him a reason to cry... that night was the end of that cry...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 9:44am On Feb 08, 2019
claseek:

I gave my less than one year old baby TUTOLIN and vitamin c
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NIFES(f): 10:16am On Feb 08, 2019
@Forzarush;
Seen. Kindly edit.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:26am On Feb 08, 2019
Giddyperson:
Giddy baby would just wake up every single night and start wailing.

Biko who can tell me what to do with her.

Try giving warm milk that is if she doesnt slap it out of your hand. Be sure to have the cup in firm grip.

You can also try playing music and dimming the lights.

If you are trying to console her, her head will just be swelling and she will get you pissed. Just endure the noise and allow her to cry. She will stop it soon.

She's most likely adapting to life as an elder sister.

Another angle is to pray for her. It could be that she's restless and not enjoying her dream time.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2019
Giddyperson:

Abi she's missing village ni cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:28pm On Feb 08, 2019
I don't know if it's a coincidence, my baby has been battling with stuffed nose and cough for the past 2days. I decided to experiment this afternoon with coconut oil, using cotton bud to apply it into her nose. Lo and behold, the relief she got was amazing. I was able to suck it out very well and she has been sleeping since then and can breathe well as well.

I will repeat the procedure later.

For those that their LOs are having similar issues, no harm in trying. It's coconut oil and not harmful.
Cheers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 2:11pm On Feb 08, 2019
You people sha want to scare me, my baby has been doing same in the past 3 days, wakes at 1am, cries uncontrollably for 2 hrs, tires out and goes back to sleep, what is scaring me now is that the mamas experiencing this all have new borns, let me go and check myself to be sure nothing is growing nowhere cos I’m suspecting this my husband, the way he’s been eying new babies

But really I’m knackered mehn, I get to the office looking worn out, I need a cure, I doubt it’s hunger cos I tried feeding her the first night she did it and she used backflip to kick my plate

Giddyperson:

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nifeseun(f): 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2019
Giddyperson:

i think dis is d new thing in town now,my son cries non stop at night n when i complained about it to two other mothers they were both telling me d tin just reached my side, lolzz... i suspect heat shaa. It is well with us.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Diaperssbabies: 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2019
Foreign diaper available

Get your AsDA diapers in quantity at the rate of #4800 only
Size 1 to 5 available.

Location is lagos
Or on instagram: @diaperssbabies

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
Giddyperson:
What I did to curb mine was to get her a shoe,she fell in love with as a gift and threaten to give it to my neighbours child. As usual,she called me bluff,till I packed the shoes, dangling it Infront of her, put in two of her best dress in her favourite bag,and actually opened the door, to give them out,she held me back,I refused with a mild drama,till we had an agreement for her to tell mum, what annoys her and not yell unreasonably.
Well after our drama, we acted twice more and we got good.At a point, hubby thought I was serious and was begging me to take things easy,I refused vehemently and she started begging me , if she knows you can't do anything,she exploits it, flogging didn't work for me, as I'm scolding her or bringing out the cane to scare her, the screams take a higher pitch.
I however, notice the tantrums more when she is hungry,so I always have banana in the room.
It's well and a passing phase.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 4:27pm On Feb 08, 2019
Our Guinea corn & Millet combo is ready.

This is very good in boosting breast milk production.

Other health benefits of Guinea corn & Millet are;

*helps to maintain a good sleep

*lowers blood pressure

*rich in antioxidants

*reduces menstrual pains for women

*helps in weight loss

*controls type 2 diabetes

*good for anemia

We can deliver at your doorstep at a delivery cost subject to your location.

We can make to your specifications. Call / whatsapp 08057125055
COPIED
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:00pm On Feb 08, 2019
PraisesG:

What I did to curb mine was to get her a shoe,she fell in love with as a gift and threaten to give it to my neighbours child. As usual,she called me bluff,till I packed the shoes, dangling it Infront of her, put in two of her best dress in her favourite bag,and actually opened the door, to give them out,she held me back,I refused with a mild drama,till we had an agreement for her to tell mum, what annoys her and not yell unreasonably.
Well after our drama, we acted twice more and we got good.At a point, hubby thought I was serious and was begging me to take things easy,I refused vehemently and she started begging me , if she knows you can't do anything,she exploits it, flogging didn't work for me, as I'm scolding her or bringing out the cane to scare her, the screams take a higher pitch.
I however, notice the tantrums more when she is hungry,so I always have banana in the room.
It's well and a passing phase.
This one doesn't care about any dress or shoes, your toddler is probably older. Spanking doesnt work for her too, at least not at this age. I'm waiting until she's like 4 to launch her bumbum cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.