Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391009 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oshaga(m): 1:05pm On Mar 23, 2019
Increase your stamina with this simple trick
[flash=425,344]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUMFJKoHo7s[/flash]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:49pm On Mar 23, 2019
talltosyne:

No ma'am. I made it myself.
seems I will come and learn o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Unsweetened yoghurt is suitable for infants. Please check the label well before buying. Good brands include Farmfresh and Habib

Thanks ma. I think I have them around me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 1:59pm On Mar 23, 2019
Pls motherz i missed my last tatinus injection after delivery pls can i still go for it my baby just clocked six months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2019
Linda2019:
Pls motherz i missed my last tatinus injection after delivery pls can i still go for it my baby just clocked six months

No idea...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2019
rabluk:
Good morning mamas. Please come to my aid. See pix of rashes on baby's face. She's 5weeks plus. Her head also have the dry scaly thing like dandruff. Been using cocnut oil n combing that. But I'm very concerned abt the face especially the whiter part that keeps spreading. Started baby tribotan on doc prescription but it's not changing the whiter part.
Pls sabi mamas advise pls.
See if you can do without the oil on the face for few days and watch the rashes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2019
Tessie89:

My problem is d malaria drug and d vit c dont know which of d doc I shld go with, shld I administer d malaria drug or i shls go with d doc dat suggested vit c
If the child is down with fever and all,treat malaria but if not vit C is okay. Besides is any of the doc a peadtrician?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
rabluk:

Thanks mama. Was told same when she had dem at one week. But keeps clearing n coming back. Each time more than the previous. Plus i heard the doc mention to her colleague (when i showed her the white patch) "this is what yorubas call eela" she didn't know i understood yoruba...that's y i got concerned.
If it's eela,take lots of scent leaf ,take care.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by talltosyne: 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2019
comtem2011:
seems I will come and learn o.

No problem, next training will be in April.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabluk(f): 4:32pm On Mar 23, 2019
PraisesG:

See if you can do without the oil on the face for few days and watch the rashes.
Ok ma tx

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pateffy: 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2019
PraisesG:

If it's eela,take lots of scent leaf ,take care.

Please ma tell me more about how to use scent leaf to cure eela o
Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 9:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
Linda2019:

How long has it been since you missed it..... most times when you miss your tatanus shot, you start all over again in the next pregnancy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DocAdray(f): 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2019
rabluk:
Good morning mamas. Please come to my aid. See pix of rashes on baby's face. She's 5weeks plus. Her head also have the dry scaly thing like dandruff. Been using cocnut oil n combing that. But I'm very concerned abt the face especially the whiter part that keeps spreading. Started baby tribotan on doc prescription but it's not changing the whiter part.
Pls sabi mamas advise pls.

This white spreading patch on your baby's cheek (though without the rashes) was exactly the same way it happened to my daughter when she was two months old.
They said it was "ela" (Yoruba) "nla/nra" (Igbo)- Infant dermatitis/Baby eczema.

We tried EVERYTHING - Baby Tribotan, bitter leaf, basil (scent) leaves, shea butter, vaseline, powders, changed her soap, Yoruba herbs, Red (Acalypha) leaves, etc.

It came on and off till I used the herbal cream called Cacatin (bought it just #120 oh) and the patches cleared off completely within 3 days, by then she was five months...

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessie89: 5:40am On Mar 24, 2019
PraisesG:

If the child is down with fever and all,treat malaria but if not vit C is okay. Besides is any of the doc a peadtrician?

Yes, they are both peads
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 7:55am On Mar 24, 2019
pateffy:

Please ma tell me more about how to use scent leaf to cure eela o
Thank you
Our mothers extract the juice from it,warm a bit and take or give the child, depending on how old the baby .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 7:59am On Mar 24, 2019
Linda2019:
Go with your card and explain to the health people,they will explain better.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabluk(f): 10:15am On Mar 24, 2019
DocAdray:

This white spreading patch on your baby's cheek (though without the rashes) was exactly the same way it happened to my daughter when she was two months old.
They said it was "ela" (Yoruba) "nla/nra" (Igbo)- Infant dermatitis/Baby eczema.

We tried EVERYTHING - Baby Tribotan, bitter leaf, basil (scent) leaves, shea butter, vaseline, powders, changed her soap, Yoruba herbs, Red (Acalypha) leaves, etc.

It came on and off till I used the herbal cream called Cacatin (bought it just #120 oh) and the patches cleared off completely within 3 days, by then she was five months...
Thanks mama. The thing tire me. Though the rash is drying up (i pray it never returns o) but the white patch is still there.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DocAdray(f): 11:30am On Mar 24, 2019
rabluk:

Thanks mama. The thing tire me. Though the rash is drying up (i pray it never returns o) but the white patch is still there.

You're welcome.
Use Cacatin lightly on the patches alone, not on the whole of her body, it should clear the ela.

For the rashes, keep her well aerated, up her hygiene, stop all oils and butters on her skin, let it breath. She'll be fine and you'll be fine too. Take care.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 2:16am On Mar 25, 2019
Hello mama's. My 2weeks+ baby makes a whistling sound while sleeping or awake. Like his nose is blocked but I'm not sure. MIL said he's snoring and the sound is normal but I'm scared.
I took him to d hospital yesterday and the Dr was just asking questions, funny enough baby didn't make any sound in his presence so he said there is nothing wrong with him. Is there any mama who has experienced this here?

I'm not lactating well too.... I've taken enough palmy, pap and milk is my breakfast everyday. Please, what else can i take to boost milk production?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 5:55am On Mar 25, 2019
Morning mamas abeg chook mouth for this matter. It's about my small haers flask. This flask has been on point since I got it, it kept water hot for about 2days, even pap when I was nursing. Recently, I started putting hot water for my son's cereal to school and I discover it doesn't last again. Maximum now is about 4 hours, it's confusing cos it's stainless steel unlike glass flask that can be broken. What could have gone wrong
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 6:00am On Mar 25, 2019
Rbae:
Hello mama's. My 2weeks+ baby makes a whistling sound while sleeping or awake. Like his nose is blocked but I'm not sure. MIL said he's snoring and the sound is normal but I'm scared.
I took him to d hospital yesterday and the Dr was just asking questions, funny enough baby didn't make any sound in his presence so he said there is nothing wrong with him. Is there any mama who has experienced this here?

I'm not lactating well too.... I've taken enough palmy, pap and milk is my breakfast everyday. Please, what else can i take to boost milk production?

I think that sound is common in babies. But if you're worried you can record the sound when next he's Sleeping and play for the pead to have an idea of what you talking about. About the lactation, why not try fenugreek. Also, some mamas talked about lactation cookies, I guess one mama is selling here.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:53am On Mar 25, 2019
angeltolly:
Morning mamas abeg chook mouth for this matter. It's about my small haers flask. This flask has been on point since I got it, it kept water hot for about 2days, even pap when I was nursing. Recently, I started putting hot water for my son's cereal to school and I discover it doesn't last again. Maximum now is about 4 hours, it's confusing cos it's stainless steel unlike glass flask that can be broken. What could have gone wrong
How long have you had it? Try to use it on a weekend and see how long it lasts, it might be that the school people don't close it properly. If you try it and it really lasts only 4 hours, this means wear and tear might have occurred and you would need to get yourself a new flask. GBs foodflask was keeping food hot all day when i just bought it, but as the months went by, the hours reduced.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:58am On Mar 25, 2019
Rbae:

I'm not lactating well too.... I've taken enough palmy, pap and milk is my breakfast every day. Please, what else can I take to boost milk production?
That's how newborn babies breathe. My baby is 10 weeks and still breathing like that. It's more obvious at night maybe that's why the doctor couldn't hear it.

As for breastfeeding, keep doing what you're doing and breastfeeding as much as possible. Let him suck all day if u can cheesy You can also try lactation cookies, Rofemiguwa sells them
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:59am On Mar 25, 2019
angeltolly:
Mine is 3yrs old and it last for 3hrs sad sad Will buy another later
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 25, 2019
Hello mamas
Pls what can I use to clear mosquito spots on my toddlers leg.
I really feel bad that she has a lot of spots on the leg
Thank you as I await your responses
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PatKing(f): 11:37am On Mar 25, 2019
Hello Mommas,
how are our little ones?
sure they are all doing fine.

I need help from all of you, we are doing a Mini Mouse Birthday theme, please can I get help finding the items below? contacts please....

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:41am On Mar 25, 2019
talltosyne:

No problem, next training will be in April.
ok ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
Demicoker:
Hello mamas
Pls what can I use to clear mosquito spots on my toddlers leg.
I really feel bad that she has a lot of spots on the leg
Thank you as I await your responses
Aloe vera gel. It you can look for this light Vaseline that contains aloevera. It will clear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
PatKing:
Hello Mommas,
how are our little ones?

I need help from all of you, we are doing a Mini Mouse Birthday theme, please can I get help finding the items below? contacts please....

Tatacherie fya

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PatKing(f): 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2019
Frozenelsa:

Tatacherie fya
help me out mommas, I don't understand "Tatacherie fya".
thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2019
PatKing:
Hello Mommas,
how are our little ones?

Check @zippykiddiesplace on IG
Saw something like that on the page

(1) (2) (3) ... (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.