Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,389 members, 7,800,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4383740 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2167) (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
Jessie21:
Helo mommys in d house,hope you are all having an amazing day..

My baby is 11months old and will clock one few days to come but he hasn't taken any step,some to know say my baby is lazy.... IS there any thing am not doing right?. Is there anything i need to do
My dear don't allow people's mouth put you under pressure. My son walked at 1yr 3months,he never stood for 5secs on his own prior to the day he started walking but he holds stuffs and moves around. I came back one day from work and my son walked to the door to greet me. I fainted and woke up. He is 2 now and can take very long walks,those people that walked before him nobody can tell the difference anymore. Enjoy this phase o,when you will start shouting 'leave that place' is almost here. Cheers Sis!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aitee1: 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
hunniesuzie:
What is tea? Milo? Personally I say no till one year. There is this Oluji cocoa powder that is very bitter. Try it with formula (usually sweetens it). That is pure cocoa powder with zero preservatives and no processed sugar. Otherwise no need for tea in my own opinion

Okay MMA thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by creamzytee: 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
Sabi mama pls help out oo. Wen a baby is eating solid and poo immediately after every feed, is it normal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hello mamas cingratulations on the arival of your wonderful babies . Gone are the days we mothers sit on paint bucket after delivery,we sell SITZ BATH BOWLS that fit right into your toilet seat. Sitz baths are used in relieving episiotomy pain, haemorrhoids,e.tc . Discount available for resellers . Delivery available within lagos. Call or whatsapp 07058736173
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
Stmema, that rash appeared on my baby's body, I battled with it for almost 4months, affected even his face & legs, I was always crying for him... Imagine we did dedication with peeps asking what the problem was, making it look like I wasn't taking care of him.
I discovered thereafter that I did the red flower thing wrongly, I had refused to give him to drink cos he was small for that and each time I bath him with it, I still use clean water to rinse his body.
A friend visited and said that was exactly same that happened to her son(now 2years) and even left a scar behind his neck... What she advised
Boil the red leaves, bath him with the water day & night, without sponge or soap and don't towel his body, let it dry on his body, you can use the boiled leaves to gently scrub those rashes... And if you want to, give him 2/3 spoons to drink, use Shea butter or cacatin as his cream. Within a week, I saw improvement I've been dreaming about. Pls don't use powder on him, I started using powder last week & normal water and small rashes started coming back on his face as at last friday, I stopped and rushed back to my red flower water and it has dried up as I type this now. Just be consistent with it. All the best mama.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by glimpse(f): 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
Good evening all,
Senior mamas, please who use UPTH for immunisation? My son is 18 weeks old today, and according to his immunisation card, his next date is Tuesday 11th of June. I know UPTH usually have nutrition talk on Tuesdays (correct me if I am wrong). Please should I expect any vaccination or will it just be the nutrition talk?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
Jaygrl:
My dear don't allow people's mouth put you under pressure. My son walked at 1yr 3months,he never stood for 5secs on his own prior to the day he started walking but he holds stuffs and moves around. I came back one day from work and my son walked to the door to greet me. I fainted and woke up. He is 2 now and can take very long walks,those people that walked before him nobody can tell the difference anymore. Enjoy this phase o,when you will start shouting 'leave that place' is almost here. Cheers Sis!!
lolzz...okay ma thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jflobaby: 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2019
Good day Mamas in the house, please has anyone experienced this on their LO. Someone told me it's caused by heat but I don't really understand this kind of heat in this cold weather. When it bursts, it leaves a wound like scar as seen in the picture attached.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
jflobaby:
Good day Mamas in the house, please has anyone experienced this on their LO. Someone told me it's caused by heat but I don't really understand this kind of heat in this cold weather. When it bursts, it leaves a wound like scar as seen in the picture attached.
Igbo call it ọbọ(boil) and it spread when it bursts and the water touch another dry area.
Try bursting it with cotton wool deep in methylated spirit,apply baby tribotan or sudocrem on it. Stop using cream and sponge on her for the meantime. Wash her clothes with soap only and iron them.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2019
@ claseek I remember complaining about skin rashes on my baby too. We took antibiotics it left only to come back after a week. I went to see a Paed thinking just like you did that they'll run tests on her.. He only looked at it and confirmed the symptoms I mentioned and said her skin is allergic., that she will outgrow it.

The only remedy now is to manage it with a cream (vecuten) and antibiotics, so far no itching. He said it will go but if it still comes I should get the treatment again and I should also have it in mind that it won't disappear totally like I want.

So my dear I've decided to follow his advice cos my MIL and a pharmacist told me same but I didn't believe till I heard from a professional. I'll just tell u to manage it.. Change her towels, sponge, reduce her nuts consumption and cover her well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kasany(f): 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
jflobaby:
my dear take your baby to hospital i think that thing belongs in the pox family.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
Anugod go and update your diary

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
Giddyperson:
Anugod go and update your diary
grin grin

I'm currently phoneless. I'm stealing my baby's tab to browse since she's asleep. grin The keypad hurts so I can't type much.
My baiday is in two weeks. Wire me some money to buy new phone and I'll give you all the updates you want tongue kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:17am On Jun 07, 2019
Anugod:
grin grin

I'm currently phoneless. I'm stealing my baby's tab to browse since she's asleep. grin The keypad hurts so I can't type much.
My baiday is in two weeks. Wire me some money to buy new phone and I'll give you all the updates you want tongue kiss
Happy birthday in advance. I smell yahoo in your future, you're already on the right track, just repeat what you said to me to a maga cheesy tongue

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 11:12am On Jun 07, 2019
Giddyperson:

Happy birthday in advance. I smell yahoo in your future, you're already on the right track, just repeat what you said to me to a maga cheesy tongue

you can be the maga na wink wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2019
Fyngal1:

you can be the maga na wink wink
I can't, I'm too woke.

How you pushing
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biggal: 1:08pm On Jun 07, 2019
Wonderful mothers good day. I pray to join you ppl by October.

Pls if you needed data just holla me. Payment after you confirm delivery. Call or whatsapp on 08038436827

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lehwah(f): 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2019
Phlota:
I want please, I'm in Ikorodu

okay ma, can you come pick it up. Send me a pm so I can send you the address
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2019
tatacherie:

Hi mama, we are in the same both o
My baby clocked 9 months few days ago and is yet to crawl but she's very active and making efforts to crawl. It's not been easy but I'm supporting her.

1. Always place baby on her tommy
2..Place a toy infront of your baby and encourage her to get it cheer her along always.
3. Create a good space and move her around as in supporting her to move. You can also join in the crawling to make it more fun grin
My sister las las they will craw/walk
I'm not worried cos I know they will. Who knows they might just skip crawling and go straight to running round the whole house grin cheesy
But you should see a paed if you feel something is not right with her development
So I am not the only one here. but in my own case, when you keep her in a place before you know it, she has gone far, but I have never seen her crawling. And now, she has started holding things to stand. Her style of crawling is what I still don't understand.
ayam not worried too cos she is developing well and can eat for africa.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2019
hunniesuzie:
What is tea? Milo? Personally I say no till one year. There is this Oluji cocoa powder that is very bitter. Try it with formula (usually sweetens it). That is pure cocoa powder with zero preservatives and no processed sugar. Otherwise no need for tea in my own opinion

yea, its Luji cocoa powder, its very good. pure cocoa
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 6:24pm On Jun 07, 2019
comtem2011:
So I am not the only one here. but in my own case, when you keep her in a place before you know it, she has gone far, but I have never seen her crawling. And now, she has started holding things to stand. Her style of crawling is what I still don't understand.
ayam not worried too cos she is developing well and can eat for africa.
Wow! Amazing cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jflobaby: 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2019
Okay ma'am, thanks for your response
FloraEC:

Igbo call it ọbọ(boil) and it spread when it bursts and the water touch another dry area.
Try bursting it with cotton wool deep in methylated spirit,apply baby tribotan or sudocrem on it. Stop using cream and sponge on her for the meantime. Wash her clothes with soap only and iron them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jflobaby: 8:31pm On Jun 07, 2019
Oh really!! Alright, will go to the hospital to check it out.
Thanks
kasany:
my dear take your baby to hospital i think that thing belongs in the pox family.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettymaxy(f): 12:07am On Jun 08, 2019
Lehwah:

Would you send a dispatcher to pick it up
Don't have anyone to send to get it
Pls give it to d mama in ikorodu
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessie89: 9:55am On Jun 08, 2019
hunniesuzie:

What about horlicks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamatwiny(f): 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
gracygem100:
Hi mummies, my baby is 9months old but yet to crawl and walk. I was told to get a babywalker.
Want to really know if its really necessary and won't have a negative effect on him
My baby is 9 months 2 weeks and he just started crawling this week. B4 now he was moving backwards, then crawled with belly b4 he surprised us. I didn't expect him to crawl b4 walking cos b4 the crawl, he could stand while holding seats or with back support on bed or chair. Kids crawl and walk in their time. Make space for him in the house. We removed our centre table and centre piece. Let him stand while holding chair. Be there to support him. With time he can start standing for long while holding things and sit down when he is tired of standing. To encourage crawling, put interesting objects in front of him, when he stretch hand to collect it, extend it the more. The will stretch to collect it. It is frustrating at first for him, but he will get used to it with time.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamatwiny(f): 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
Hi house,
My baby rolls on the bed while sleeping. He falls off the bed if unattended. I drag him up at nighg more than 3 times to make sure he does fall off. If he encounters and obstacle while turning, he wakes up and starts crying. Please help as our 6 by 6 bed cannot contain 3 of us. B4 now I sleep in another bed in the same room but we moved to a new house and the two beds can't enter the masters bedroom. Hubby insists I carry him to my room. The implication is that I will be the only one waking up to attend to him at night. He wakes up many times and hubby assists feed him and put him to sleep. If I take him to my room, sleep yakari.
Please I need tips to stop the rolling.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
mamatwiny:
Hi house,
My baby rolls on the bed while sleeping. He falls off the bed if unattended. I drag him up at nighg more than 3 times to make sure he does fall off. If he encounters and obstacle while turning, he wakes up and starts crying. Please help as our 6 by 6 bed cannot contain 3 of us. B4 now I sleep in another bed in the same room but we moved to a new house and the two beds can't enter the masters bedroom. Hubby insists I carry him to my room. The implication is that I will be the only one waking up to attend to him at night. He wakes up many times and hubby assists feed him and put him to sleep. If I take him to my room, sleep yakari.
Please I need tips to stop the rolling.

Push your bed to the wall.
If ẹ roll reach wall, he will roll back to you grin
Mr Rolling Stone.
His twin sister is here too.
Rolling like Rolling skates cheesy but she now knows that the edge is the end. She will stay at the edge and be screaming at the floor. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
zaynie:

Push your bed to the wall.
If ẹ roll reach wall, he will roll back to you grin
Mr Rolling Stone.
His twin sister is here too.
Rolling like Rolling skates cheesy but she now knows that the edge is the end. She will stay at the edge and be screaming at the floor. cheesy

Madam de madam . How una Dey? Please how do you pacify toddlers to brush their teeth oh. Me and my madam here has turn it to war every morning. There is nothing I haven’t done from singing to playing jingles to bribe but I later resolve to fight oh because little madam won’t allow me. Once she aight brush like this na run. I am getting tired olorun!! Other mama if you have any method please pop in abeg. jazzjazz, hunniesuzie, enque and every other mama. Any suggestion is welcome please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:58am On Jun 09, 2019
Akorkor:

Madam de madam . How una Dey? Please how do you pacify toddlers to brush their teeth oh. Me and my madam here has turn it to war every morning. There is nothing I haven’t done from singing to playing jingles to bribe but I later resolve to fight oh because little madam won’t allow me. Once she aight brush like this na run. I am getting tired olorun!! Other mama if you have any method please pop in abeg. jazzjazz, hunniesuzie, enque and every other mama. Any suggestion is welcome please

Have you tried giving her to wash by herself?
Let her wash by herself then you playfully take over and quickly give it a brush before she yells to have it back.

Or you have 2 brushes for her. One for her to use and the other for you. You both go in and switch at intervals.
Sometimes giving them responsibilities makes them eager to work with you. Her brush for example can be used for teddy bear too. Tell her teddy needs to brush his teeth, after teddy is her.

Just be careful not to leave her alone unless you want to see teddy covered in a tube of paste cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2167) (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.