Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391002 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2343) (2344) (2345) (2346) (2347) (2348) (2349) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teebee22(f): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2020
amSteph:

I remember my DS was always making sounds when breathing and always seemed like he was struggling to breathe. As a ftm then, i was worried. Like u, i stayed up at night watching him. Sounded like his nostrils where clogged and couldnt breathe. He didnt have catarrh though it sounded like it.

As a ftm, if Ds even sneezes, ffiiaammmmm!!! i'm at the pediatrician office. So u can imagine the speed i used to reach the pediatrician's office when i heard him breathe like that. She(the pediatrician) had to ask if i was a ftm, i said yes. She smiled, probably thinking "no wonder" in her head. She checked his heart sounds with that their thingy, and assured me it sounded clear and its normal for him to sound like that due to their tiny nostrils that gets easily congested by irritants or smells(powder, silverbird, perfume, spray or any strong smelling substance in the air). Said to keep the room ventilated and prop his head up when sleeping.

So i opened windows, and put an almost flat pillow under his bed to prop it up(not placing Baby head directly on a pillow). Her advice didnt stop me from running back to her office two more times on the same matter cos most times, it seemed like he couldnt breathe again. She'd check his chest and assure me its still clear. She said, as long as the can cry, they can breathe. A child that cant breathe cannot cry.

DH was frustrated then cos i wouldnt listen to him telling me our baby was fine. I'd just cry that he wants our child not to be okay, but it won't work for him.. Lol. Ped consultation was 10k and u all know u pay for each consult. Thats to say i had an angry hubby to deal with each time i returned with "the doctor said he's fine report" hahahaha... But i didnt mind dealing with that. Better an angry hubby than a sick child.

Less i forget, it didnt stop immediately, DS still sounded like that and regurgitates his food, i just had to wait it out. Now, my DD does same, as a semi-pro(#winks��) i just prop her up and wait it out.. Loool.. But this her skin problem is a first for me, so am really worried about that.

Thanks so much, I would just watch and pray she outgrows it soonest.
And about your DD skin problem, hopefully solution would come soonest.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 10:56pm On Jul 12, 2020
Limahgirl:
Wow! Thank you mama for sharing your experience. I feel relieved. Please at what month did it stop?

Cant remember exactly, but by the time i started siting him down (ending 3month-4month old) that phase was behind us.

Its always worse at night and better during the day. I remember steaming him regularly. In my effort to decongest him, I'd keep a bucket containing boiled water+balm between my feet, hold him on my lap and Cover us both with a towel so he can inhale the steam. Cant say it helped tho.

My DD is 2month old now, i just give her very warm baths and massage her body with hot(not burning) water. Its already slowing. She doesnt sound as she did when she was 1month old.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2020
teebee22:

Thanks so much, I would just watch and pray she outgrows it soonest.
And about your DD skin problem, hopefully solution would come soonest.

Yes she will. Keep watching her. If it doesnt improve, just take her in so they can listen to her chest and lungs. If its clear, then she's good.

About the skin issue, I hope so too. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumDiamond: 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
angeltolly:

I don't know about smell oo. I didn't notice that. Did you deliberately deep smell her mouth or you always perceive the smell when she opens her mouth
Apologies ma’am, I’m just seeing your reply.

I always perceive it when she yawns
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biggal: 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2020
Hello mothers. How is the vigilantee Am back again.

Join my pre order group to get things at a very competitive price.

Face mask imported for adults and children is #400-#500.... Sell out quickly in the Nigerian market at #1000 - #2000

Waist trainer... Landing cost is #2500
Sell out quickly in the Nigerian market at #6000-#12000

A set of 7 pots...... #8400
To be shipped Tru sea.

And many more.

Call or WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biggal: 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
Hello mothers. How is the vigilantee? . Am back again.

Join my pre order group to get things at a very competitive price.

Face mask imported for adults and children is #400-#500.... Sell out quickly in the Nigerian market at #1000 - #2000

Waist trainer... Landing cost is #2500
Sell out quickly in the Nigerian market at #6000-#12000

A set of 7 pots...... #8400
To be shipped Tru sea.

And many more.

Call or WhatsApp

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2020
Good day mamas, help o what can i use for this Ela on my baby skin, i have use tribotan, cacatin but instead na increase the thing dey increase o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2020
Pweetiebabe:
Good day mamas, help o what can i use for this Ela on my baby skin, i have use tribotan, cacatin but instead na increase the thing dey increase o
Get onion peel or red flower, boil and use it to bath your baby morning and night then apply cacatin powder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sweetlady4real(f): 8:12pm On Jul 14, 2020
Good evening daddies and mummies, hope you and yours are doing fine.

I am your No 1 plug for your children's thrift wears from Newborn to 10 years. I posted some beautiful wears for your cuties on my instagram page @remkiddiesthrift. Just mention that you are from this thread and you will surely get a 10% discount on all items.

Don't miss out on this, the clothes are beautiful, durable, of good quality and at amazing prices.

Kindly send a WhatsApp message to zero 7 zero one 2 seven 2 nine 3 one 3 for any enquiry, to view pictures or place your orders. Thanks.

May Almighty Father continue to watch, guard and keep our little ones, Amen.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SeyiAyorinde(m): 8:14am On Jul 15, 2020
Hello madam Zaynie, can I get this from you?
if yes,how much?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SeyiAyorinde(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2020
if yes,how much?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2020
SeyiAyorinde:

if yes,how much?

It's available and only N1000 sir.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gassbee: 9:29am On Jul 15, 2020
Aitee1:

Apply Shea butter before combing it helps soften it that's what helped me with my dd own
good day, pls check ur email, av sent u a pm, i want to ask some health question
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 11:12am On Jul 15, 2020
GreaterGraceGG:

Get onion peel or red flower, boil and use it to bath your baby morning and night then apply cacatin powder.
Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babyholar(f): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
Good afternoon experience mum.My baby is 4 month and am a first time mum though working from home I notice my baby love me to be always around him so I think of getting him a baby Walker to make my work easier so I decided to go online to check the benefits of baby Walker and i was discourage from the things I saw.

So experience mothers what can I use to alternate baby walker that will also help him sit properly ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2020
babyholar:
Good afternoon experience mum.My baby is 4 month and am a first time mum though working from home I notice my baby love me to be always around him so I think of getting him a baby Walker to make my work easier so I decided to go online to check the benefits of baby Walker and i was discourage from the things I saw.

So experience mothers what can I use to alternate baby walker that will also help him sit properly ?

Baby Walker grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SeyiAyorinde(m): 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2020
zaynie:

It's available and only N1000 sir.
OK ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SeyiAyorinde(m): 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2020
Good evening house, we just found out one of the diapers we bought has expired, can it still be used? or it should be discarded?
The product is Huggies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 9:19am On Jul 16, 2020
babyholar:

4months on a Walker That's too early
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 9:19am On Jul 16, 2020
SeyiAyorinde:
Good evening house, we just found out one of the diapers we bought has expired, can it still be used? or it should be discarded?
The product is Huggies.

Personally I would use it, then watch for any reactions.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SeyiAyorinde(m): 10:17am On Jul 16, 2020
rvpbae:

Personally I would use it, then watch for any reactions.
thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sweetchilli(f): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2020
Good evening sweet mummies. Hope everyone is fine?
I am concerned about my son. He is 2 years and 2 months old.
He started school at 1 year 4 months and by the time he was 1 year 6 months, he could make full sentences like mummy I'm hungry, I want ***, in short, he could communicate very well.

When he was 1 year and 8 months, we traveled and he mixed with his cousins who speak British accent. All of a sudden, I couldn't hear him again. His words sounded like he was blabbing. I told someone who said he was trying to pick the accent and he would "reset" when we get to Nigeria. He did pick up and we could hear him well in about 2 weeks.

Now, he is 2 years and 2 months and I think this thing is back. We haven't traveled, though he has always imitated the accents he hears in his cartoon. I can hardly hear him now. He can still identify colors and shapes and all other things he knows, but stringing words together sounds like he is blabbing. I don't know if it is the cartoon accent he is imitating. I am really worried.
Has anyone experienced this before?

Ma'am Zaynie please help with your wealth of experience.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anywherebuthere: 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2020
Please is Ela the same as cradle cap? My baby has cradle cap and it itches him if he is hot and sweaty. I used breastmilk to moisturise his hair and it went away, now it is back. What can I use? My sister said to use abf cream but I'm worried it's too harsh for a 3 month old.

GreaterGraceGG:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2020
Anywherebuthere:
Please is Ela the same as cradle cap? My baby has cradle cap and it itches him if he is hot and sweaty. I used breastmilk to moisturise his hair and it went away, now it is back. What can I use? My sister said to use abf cream but I'm worried it's too harsh for a 3 month old.

Put enough coconut oil or olive oil on his head, leave it for some minutes then comb it out. I don't know if abf works for cradle cap but I know it is very good on skin.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anywherebuthere: 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2020
Thank you. I use oil and comb it out already. I had to reduce the frequency because of the itching.

GreaterGraceGG:

Put enough coconut oil or olive oil on his head, leave it for some minutes then comb it out. I don't know if abf works for cradle cap but I know it is very good on skin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
Sweetchilli:
He started school at 1 year 4 months and by the time he was 1 year 6 months, he could make full sentences like mummy I'm hungry, I want ***, in short, he could communicate very well.

When he was 1 year and 8 months, we traveled and he mixed with his cousins who speak British accent. All of a sudden, I couldn't hear him again. His words sounded like he was blabbing. I told someone who said he was trying to pick the accent and he would "reset" when we get to Nigeria. He did pick up and we could hear him well in about 2 weeks.

Now, he is 2 years and 2 months and I think this thing is back. We haven't traveled, though he has always imitated the accents he hears in his cartoon. I can hardly hear him now. He can still identify colors and shapes and all other things he knows, but stringing words together sounds like he is blabbing. I don't know if it is the cartoon accent he is imitating. I am really worried.

Ma'am Zaynie please help with your wealth of experience.

Instead of you to just confess that you're the one that can't hear his Naija-British accent grin

Children pick up a lot of things and their brain is like computer, input and output.
As long as his speech has been clear for a long while, it's hard to relapse unless there is a medical condition, which is highly unlike in his case, he is just imitating the accent that he likes.

You can help him by insisting he speaks clearly.
Don't snap at him because he is doing nothing wrong. Just calmly tell him he needs to speak clearly and the few times he does speak well, applaud and encourage him.

Good luck

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2020
Anywherebuthere:
Thank you. I use oil and comb it out already. I had to reduce the frequency because of the itching.

Cut the hair if it is much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:19pm On Jul 16, 2020
Sweetchilli:

Ma'am Za. ynie please help with your wealth of experience.

This is my son here. He was speaking well enough ( Not very much like that but the few he knew was clear enough) when going to school. Suddenly, he's wants to say long statements in gibberish grin grin and thinks we are flowing together. I will just say Okay after his long talk and pretend i understand well lipsrsealed I had to look deep and I discovered its the cartoons. Since this Corona palava struck, he has spent almost all his time on cartoon either from the TV or from his Tab. So it really taking a toll on his communication skill coupled with the fact there are no kid his age around. He's 2 years, 9 months But he good thing is he's picking up new words and the is getting better by the day. So I don't think it's worth worrying about.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sweetchilli(f): 1:07am On Jul 17, 2020
zaynie:

Instead of you to just confess that you're the one that can't hear his Naija-British accent grin

Children pick up a lot of things and their brain is like computer, input and output.
As long as his speech has been clear for a long while, it's hard to relapse unless their is a medical condition, which is highly unlike in his case, he is just imitating the accent that he likes.

You can help him by insisting he speaks clearly.
Don't snap at him because he is doing nothing wrong. Just calmly tell him he needs to speak clearly and the few times he does speak well, applaud and encourage him.

Good luck

Thank you very much ma'am. I was really worried
as doctor 'Google' was diagnosing radarada cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sweetchilli(f): 1:09am On Jul 17, 2020
angeltolly:

This is my son here. He was speaking well enough ( Not very much like that but the few he knew was clear enough) when going to school. Suddenly, he's wants to say long statements in gibberish grin grin and thinks we are flowing together. I will just say Okay after his long talk and pretend i understand well lipsrsealed I had to look deep and I discovered its the cartoons. Since this Corona palava struck, he has spent almost all his time on cartoon either from the TV or from his Tab. So it really taking a toll on his communication skill coupled with the fact there are no kid his age around. He's 2 years, 9 months But he good thing is he's picking up new words and the is getting better by the day. So I don't think it's worth worrying about.

Thank you mummy for taking out time to respond. You just allayed my fear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 2:17am On Jul 17, 2020
trevolady:

Mama limahgirl,Can you please mention me so I can know the outcome of your meeting with your paediatrician,my 5mths old has been making this very sound lately while sucking,I saw a doctor on Friday and she told me it will subside as long as I keep breastfeeding her,but am still worried.Thank you.
Good day ma'am. So we saw a doctor on Tue and he said its not something to worry about as it will resolve on its own. He asked if I'm o FTM and I got that look of 'no wonder' when I said yes.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emoreni(m): 8:55am On Jul 17, 2020
Good morning sabi mamas, what age should I start teaching my baby to sit, he just clocked 3months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2343) (2344) (2345) (2346) (2347) (2348) (2349) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.