Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390548 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2351) (2352) (2353) (2354) (2355) (2356) (2357) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nameflow(m): 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
Bisade44:
Glad to finally join this group. A FTM. I’m lactating but I have big areola and flat round nipples which my baby is finding difficult to latch. What’s the solution please? I don’t want to rely entirely on breast pump

the fastest way to grow those nipples out is through continous use of breastpump. the suction pressure gets them to increase in size over time , your subsequebt babies would have it easier. a crude method used in some hospitals include sucking the nipple out with a syringe , it works with the same principle as the breastpump but more painful...i think.

so continue with the breast pump. two birds ...one stone.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nameflow(m): 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2020
Limahgirl:
Good evening all. I noticed of recent that my baby is not feeding well. Whenever she's hungry and I put her to breast, she will suck for like two minutes or highest five minutes and comes off the breast. When I give her again, she won't take it or if she does she will repeat the same thing. I see milk spilling out when she comes off the breast so it's not that I'm not lactating. Please has anyone experienced this before? What can I do?
how old is your child and how often do you feed in a day? usually for babies that are not feeding properly.. it could be they are not getting enough milk while breastfeeding usually this happens for new babies so they tend to suck and rest. believe it or not sucking is exhausting and the possible side effect is poor weight gain despite being hail and hearty
this is a possible position. make a habit of expressing, that way you are sure your baby feeds properly and later you can top up by putting to breast. he sucks what he can and sleeps off. some mothers say babies end up prefer taking expressed milk rather than breast milk because they do less work sucking the milk out but then that isnt always the case.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mabebe1(f): 6:47pm On Aug 09, 2020
sunny15:
Good day in the house.Please my baby of six months cries seriously in fear when I use the blender around her.I complained in the hospital and was told to always take her away whenever I want to use it.Now,she gets scared at the sound of a car engine or the sound that comes when you are fetching water in an empty bucket.I dont know if its something to get worried about or she will outgrow it or I go back to the hospital..Though her reaction is worse with the blender..thank you
I'm sure its just a phase in there young lives.....my baby was always scared too, of blender, car sound, when someone is trying to turn on generator, closing of doors, even when something falls in the kitchen.
But now, he presses the blender with me and laugh when its on
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Temitope009(f): 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2020
hapheey007:
Good morning mas, would you agree to me getting gripe water for my baby of 3weeks. He cries at night cos of stomach pains. He grunts wen he wants to fart or poo. I was advised to get it but I need your opinions. Thanks.

I'd advice you find other ways to manage it.
There's this bicycle turning of the leg that helps relief colic which inturns makes release the fat.

Do you burp him after every feed?
Does he over feed?

Sorry, it's just a phase that will soon pass.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunny15: 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2020
[quote author=mabebe1 post=92636858] awwwww,thanks mama,I really appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mommatriplets: 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
Mummy4life1:
The same thing is happening to my son that will be 4month tomorrow but what I did yesterday was that, I use manual breast pump to pump the milk in my breast which I was able to pump 150ml, to my greatest supprise he finish it once. God will help us all

Hmm, strange..guess it may be a growth phase....
did he eat the food late at night by any chance?.
mine for 2 days now, will refuse to eat during the day..and burps out most of the lil food, one is able to force down his throat.but he will now wake up late @ night to cry, and would eat 2x his usual meal size b4 daybreak in 2 installments......then refuse to eat again during the day. am worried heisnt getting enough nutrition, cos google says he shud eat eating 2.5x his equivalent weight size in ounces daily, ie for a 13lbs baby, he needs to eat about 33ounces of food daily.

will try the hospital 2moro and see what they say...really dread going to hospitals cos of this corona nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 9:35pm On Aug 09, 2020
Nameflow:

If your new baby is startled by a loud noise, a sudden movement, or feels like they’re falling, they might respond in a particular way. They might suddenly extend their arms and legs, arch their back, and then curl everything in again. Your baby may or may not cry when they do this.

This is an involuntary startle response called the Moro reflex. Your baby does this reflexively in response to being startled. It’s something that newborn babies do and then stop doing within a couple of months

Thank you very much ma'am. Much love from us.
Being a mother is not easy at all.
You'll see me all looking like a mad woman at times.

Thank you ma.
I'm grateful.
Shalom
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nameflow(m): 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2020
Tomblessings:

Thank you very much ma'am. Much love from us.
Being a mother is not easy at all.
You'll see me all looking like a mad woman at times.

Thank you ma.
I'm grateful.
Shalom

You are always welcome. enjoy every phase as much as you can.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzzkismet: 10:25am On Aug 10, 2020
Sabi Mamas, good morning. Please my seven months old DS won't bear weight on legs. Doctors said it's nothing to worry about since he uses the legs to hit and kick things around. But I'm very worried.

Also, I noticed some rashes around his penis alone, please what can I use for it. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MayoDebz(f): 10:39am On Aug 10, 2020
Dear Mamas I need help.
We moved to a new location about 2 weeks ago and my DD started having rashes. We have used baby tribotan and there is no improvement rather it is spreading. Her twin doesn't have any rashes.
What can be done before it gets out of hand.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Temitope009(f): 11:38am On Aug 10, 2020
mzzkismet:
Sabi Mamas, good morning. Please my seven months old DS won't bear weight on legs. Doctors said it's nothing to worry about since he uses the legs to hit and kick things around. But I'm very worried.

Also, I noticed some rashes around his penis alone, please what can I use for it. Thanks.

Since your doctor asked you not to worry, there might be any need to.
If you still are, seek a second opinion.
To be on a safer side, increase his calcium intake. How?
Feed him calcium rich foods like milk, eggs etc.
My baby was started on calcium supplements at a year plus.
Talk to your doctor.
Does he have a lot of weight?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 2:58pm On Aug 10, 2020
MayoDebz:
Dear Mamas I need help.
We moved to a new location about 2 weeks ago and my DD started having rashes. We have used baby tribotan and there is no improvement rather it is spreading. Her twin doesn't have any rashes.
Try abf cream
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lizzieo(f): 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
kaffy4bill:

My daughter too had recurrent boils too. After series of antibiotics within short intervals I resloved to shea butter and it's working well for us. I ensure its applied as many times as possible
Sure other mamas will help

Pls,am observing that my 9months girl is about having bole on her eye,can I still use sheabutter?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hapheey007(f): 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
Temitope009:

I'd advice you find other ways to manage it.
There's this bicycle turning of the leg that helps relief colic which inturns makes release the fat.

Do you burp him after every feed?
Does he over feed?

Sorry, it's just a phase that will soon pass.

Thanks alot. I do burp him after every feed.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bimberry1307(f): 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
Good evening all, I need help pls. my nipples have been very sore since I started breastfeeding 5days ago. It's making the job tiring. I'm always scared anytime my DS wants to suckle. I'm not a ftm o. This is my 3rd baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eluyerab: 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
[s]Good evening and sorry, if this derails in anyway. Just thought someone out there might need the following:

Toddler Rocker + poofy layer - 3,000 (+ free Graco carrier)
Mother Care Cot - 5,000 (+ free portable bed with net)
[/s]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
bimberry1307:
Good evening all, I need help pls. my nipples have been very sore since I started breastfeeding 5days ago. It's making the job tiring. I'm always scared anytime my DS wants to suckle. I'm not a ftm o. This is my 3rd baby.

You know the drill na. Na to endure, pele.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2020
MayoDebz:
Dear Mamas I need help.

This is an allergic reaction, she is reacting to something. Could be the water. My son still gets this once in a while, till date I dont know what he reacts to. The thing disappears on it's own.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Christianaoha: 1:42am On Aug 11, 2020
Nameflow:
has your questions been answered? If not kindly tag me to it.

It's been answered thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Christianaoha: 1:51am On Aug 11, 2020
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

Go to pharmacy and get sliverbird . Always put two drop in a bowel of hot water cover ur baby in it so she can sniff it..

My baby started using it since he was one month and up till his 3 months has not had any cold or cartarrh

Thanks mama. You are like the fourth person prescribing silver bird but be really better than methol. I will get it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Christianaoha: 1:53am On Aug 11, 2020
mommatriplets:

about cooling room with ac, simply set the temperature on 24 or 25 deg, and leave it indefinetly, it will maintain that temp in the room. most people go and put it on 18 or 16 deg..and turn around to complain that its too cold

Thanks mama, 24/25 is not too cold?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Christianaoha: 1:57am On Aug 11, 2020
LadySarah:

Me thinks the weather is too cold for Ac these days. I don't know your location though.

Your best bet is covering your baby well and just opening the windows to let in fresh air for sometime. Steam inhalation helps add a drop of the menthol in the water. Vit c too and lots of breastmilk.
Shear butter on the ridge of the nose, chest, ribs and under the feet.

Congratulations ma'am.

Benin oh, some days are hot while some are cold. Please do I keep using the vitamin C till the Cattarh clears completely?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Christianaoha: 2:12am On Aug 11, 2020
[quote author=mabebe1 post=92443625]
For the cough and catarrh, you can use vit c and bath him with hot water(not too hot sha), massage his whole body with it, keep him warm and don't expose him to too much AC till the cough and catarrh goes
Just allow him be free of catarrh and cough first before u start using AC on him.....
When you eventually use AC, the temperature should be around 28-31degrees then make sure the AC is not directly to his bed, and ALWAYS check his body temperature all the time... hope this helps[/quote

During the day we open the windows to allow circulation of air. But at night we close them cos of security and I was told that fan is worse so I don't use it at all. That's why I cool the room down a bit before going in. Then towards morning the weather gets cool. The AC is raised up and not blowing on baby. Thanks mama wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ligxy(f): 4:11am On Aug 11, 2020
Hello mums, my 5 months old baby rubs his ears and cry, it wakes him up in the night. I don't know if it's the teething thing or something else.
I feel so bad for him.
I don't want to visit hospital due to this whole covid thing. I need advice please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaynifer51: 7:57am On Aug 11, 2020
I understand your fears mama but you’ll have to put it aside and take him to the doctor to rule out an infection, though it could also be because he is teething as you said, better safe than sorry.

Ligxy:
Hello mums, my 5 months old baby rubs his ears and cry, it wakes him up in the night. I don't know if it's the teething thing or something else.
I feel so bad for him.
I don't want to visit hospital due to this whole covid thing. I need advice please.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 8:17am On Aug 11, 2020
[quote author=Christianaoha post=92684154][/quote]

Nne, if the catarrh has lingered take your baby to the hospital and tell them all the steps you've taken to make it stop since you are hell bent on using AC. Children aren't the same.

I used AC on my first and 3rd without any qualms but my 2nd is always clothed cos he gets cold easily. Observe your child and know what works for you ppl.AC or not, good health is what we want for baby.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 11:43am On Aug 11, 2020
Nameflow:
how old is your child and how often do you feed in a day? usually for babies that are not feeding properly.. it could be they are not getting enough milk while breastfeeding usually this happens for new babies so they tend to suck and rest. believe it or not sucking is exhausting and the possible side effect is poor weight gain despite being hail and hearty
this is a possible position. make a habit of expressing, that way you are sure your baby feeds properly and later you can top up by putting to breast. he sucks what he can and sleeps off. some mothers say babies end up prefer taking expressed milk rather than breast milk because they do less work sucking the milk out but then that isnt always the case.

Thank you very much. My baby is 7 weeks. Yes I do express for her and she she takes 90 ml at once before but now she struggles to take 30ml and suckling breast is worst because she will only suck for 5 min maximum. Aside this, no fever, no vomiting and unusual stooling. Her birth weight was 3kg and she's now 4kg so I think she's gaining weight.I may have to go to the hospital on Thursday if it continues like this though. Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ligxy(f): 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2020
Jaynifer51:
I understand your fears mama but you’ll have to put it aside and take him to the doctor to rule out an infection, though it could also be because he is teething as you said, better safe than sorry.

Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nameflow(m): 1:38pm On Aug 11, 2020
Limahgirl:
Thank you very much. My baby is 7 weeks. Yes I do express for her and she she takes 90 ml at once before but now she struggles to take 30ml and suckling breast is worst because she will only suck for 5 min maximum. Aside this, no fever, no vomiting and unusual stooling. Her birth weight was 3kg and she's now 4kg so I think she's gaining weight.I may have to go to the hospital on Thursday if it continues like this though. Thank you.
check the nostrils? Any nasal discharge or stuffiness. Most times children would favor breathing to eating in the case of nasal children congestion. I hope you don't force feed. The best thing would be to go to the hospital as I can't possibly examine your child from here. If the doctor say the coast is clear... Try reducing the amount of food she takes but increase the frequency and then gradually increase... For example since she tolerated 30 mls feed 30-40 mls every 2 hours then increase by 10 mls every day or two until she's back to her normal dose.. But if she needs more food while doing this pls give.

Keep us posted

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BlackSeedOil: 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2020
*ORGANIC PRODUCTS*

BUY ALL YOUR ORGANIC PRODUCTS LIKE:

- Raw Honey
- Natural Sea Salt
- Cold-Press Carrot Oil
- Grade A, Ghana Shea Butter
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Handmade Palm Kernel Oil
- Tumeric Essential Oil
- Shea Butter+Coconut oil Mix Cream
- Cold Press Black Seed Oil
- Lavender Repair Oil
- Ginger Hair Oil
- Yoni Pearl
- Organic Green Teas
- Raw Tumeric Powder
- Maca Root Powder
- Apple Cider Veniger (ACV)

*SEEDS*
- Pumpkin Seed
- Black Seed
- Chia Seed
- Fennel Seed
- Fenugreek Seed
- Black Pepper
- Saffron
- Barley Seed
- Wheat Seed
- Sesame Seed
- Goron Tula(Miracle Fruit)
- Sunflower Seed
- Squash Seed

@ affordable prices.

Interested?

WhatsApp/ Call:
08 053 408 939, 08 139 458 588

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 3:21pm On Aug 11, 2020
Ligxy:
I feel so bad for him.

Probably an ear infection. See a doctor for prescription.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2020
bimberry1307:
Mama try and make sure he latches properly i.e his mouth covers your nipple.s well..and is around your areola.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2351) (2352) (2353) (2354) (2355) (2356) (2357) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.