Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4388785 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Avchi: 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
New born babies are usually demanding on the parents, especially the new mum.
WHO recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months, then complementary breastfeeding up to 2 years of age.
In a bid to produce enough milk for the babies, many women add extra weight from eating pap and other high calorie foods, especially in the first 6 months of life.
There's a tested and trusted weight loss plan for lactating women, using a Nigerian diet. Please send me a WhatsApp message to learn more via a FREE video: +2349052160014
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ejiogbe2: 9:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
Complan Milk. You will be surprised at the result. It will make you big.

If you combine it with multivitamins. but before the milk and multivitamin take antibiotics (Ampiclox) or Probiotic for 7 to 14 days.

Complan milk in Nigeria is about ₦8,500

You can buy complan milk at https://golouda.com.ng/ad/how-much-is-complan-milk-in-nigeria unfortunately you may not get it in any shop and most unline sellers too dont have it in stock. but try the pasted web address if they have it.

It is best you consult your doctor before using any medical advice you recive online.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mommatriplets: 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
so moms with babies4`to`6months that``have rejected```````bottle``or breast, what semi solid food is good. have seen gerber and``heinz but they are a bit expensive. someone suggested millet and pap and crayfish. hope this is ok. who can recommend a good industrial blender/grinder that`i`can use that is long lasting
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kemade2007(f): 11:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hello mummies, my 2weeks + baby enjoy sleeping with her chest down. She always stop crying whenever she sleeps that way. Is it good or I should stop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zikodem(m): 7:30am On Sep 30, 2020
Kemade2007:
Hello mummies, my 2weeks + baby enjoy sleeping with her chest down. She always stop crying whenever she sleeps that way. Is it good or I should stop
that is the best way for babies to sleep, sleeping facing down will allow d child sleep for a longer time,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 7:48am On Sep 30, 2020
Limahgirl:
Mama please you can't be doing everything alone o else, you will kill yourself. What I did that worked for me during preggy days was that I stylishly ask my dh to do things for me since his instinct did not tell him to do so. Babe please could you help with so so and so while I do so so and so. Na so he look for help for me and was paying her. If he cannot help, talk to him to get a help while he pays. My help is not a live in if wouldn't support a live in help. If this does not work, wake up one day and form sickness, when he does the work alone he will know how stressful it can be.
Please find what works for you, lots of women has been sent to early graves cos of stress from household chores and care of children. I don't form super woman for anybody,I will even be telling you that shey you know I'm lazy, I cannot do this alone.
May we live long to reap the fruits of our labours.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 7:53am On Sep 30, 2020
tatacherie:

Ndo ma, this phase can over be easy for you if you cry out
That was exactly how I felt instincts should tell mine that I needed help. until I acted up fainting, then his thoughts returned to factory setting and he started doing most chores including bathing my toddler. So pls speak up. If his not the type that take words serious then act drama shikena. If he doesn't have the time to help out due to his work he will definitely look out for support for you immediately

Kudos to mothers o we dey over try, there was a time I almost ran away lolz omo motherhood is not bread and tea. My mother didn't tell me this is how the full package is o I was busy swimming at the surface and sweetly in love while dating. Marriage is the real deal. Speak up biko don't goan kill yoursef afteral there's no gold medal for most busy mothers lol
thank you Mama. I wish I can also fake that fainting of a thing oo. God will help us all

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 7:55am On Sep 30, 2020
Limahgirl:
Mama please you can't be doing everything alone o else, you will kill yourself. What I did that worked for me during preggy days was that I stylishly ask my dh to do things for me since his instinct did not tell him to do so. Babe please could you help with so so and so while I do so so and so. Na so he look for help for me and was paying her. If he cannot help, talk to him to get a help while he pays. My help is not a live in if wouldn't support a live in help. If this does not work, wake up one day and form sickness, when he does the work alone he will know how stressful it can be.
Please find what works for you, lots of women has been sent to early graves cos of stress from household chores and care of children. I don't form super woman for anybody,I will even be telling you that shey you know I'm lazy, I cannot do this alone.
May we live long to reap the fruits of our labours.
Amen mama
That forming sickness na Oyo I dey oo. He will only cook and leave the other chores till when I have the strength to do them

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:42am On Sep 30, 2020
Kemade2007:

It is not recommended for babies tender as yours to sleep chest down. This is because babies who have not gained neck control can choke if they mistakenly sleep face down. However, if you are sure you will be watching her and not leave her by herself for a long time, you can allow her sleep because they sleep longer that way most times

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hello mums, trust you & your loved ones are doing great.

Call/WhatsApp 08057125055 to order for any variant of pap paste

Suitable for people with diabetes, fitfam, adults
1. guinea corn

2. guinea corn with ginger

3. millet (koko)

4. guinea corn & millet

5. guinea corn & millet with ginger

6. guinea corn & millet with ginger & cloves

7. guinea corn & millet with ginger & garlic

8. guinea corn & millet with potatoes & dates

9. guinea corn & millet with ginger, garlic & uziza

Pap with carbs

10. white corn

11. yellow corn

12. yellow corn with ginger

13. multi grains

14. multi grains with ginger

15. multi grains with peanuts & dates

We also have date powder, date syrup

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kemade2007(f): 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2020
zikodem:
that is the best way for babies to sleep, sleeping facing down will allow d child sleep for a longer time,

Ok. Thanks mom.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kemade2007(f): 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
angeltolly:

It is not recommended for babies tender as yours to sleep chest down. This is because babies who have not gained neck control can choke if they mistakenly sleep face down. However, if you are sure you will be watching her and not leave her by herself for a long time, you can allow her sleep because they sleep longer that way most times

OK mom. I will be watchful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CookingPot(f): 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2020
cutiereborn:

Thank you Ma.
Beat her? I can't try it o! It was the period she was having that cough, each one comes with moist eyes. Thank God she is okay now.
good evening ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by notoracism: 11:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hi Mothers. Please i need help. Is anyone here with this experience? My son of 4 years plus can't make a sentence. In fact he is not talking well, I have taken him to hospital and I was told nothing is wrong. He is very active, he can write and learning to read.

He calls Daddy well, he used to call me Nani until recently he started calling Mummy. He can say mummy an hungry, I want to drink water, he doesn't call his sister's s name well, he had to nickname her. You can never hear him call her name, only the nickname he named her, not the name well all call her. That's strange in it self, we've corrected him over n over, he'd say no and call her that his own nickname.

He can pronounce pencil, book, house all those. But my problem is he is not making good sentences.

He is not also pronouncing some words well, pronounce them like a 1 year old baby. Another thing is he shout too much and can play too much. If I try to stop him, he gets angry.

Doctors see nothing wrong with him. But it's strange, his classmates talk so well. He understands anything you say.

Are there natural food to help with brain development in a child?

One question his doctor asked was, what kind of milk I use, i was giving him the normal adults milk, he asked me to stop and give peak milk according to his age. Well, I noticed he improved but still not as it should be.

Please help a mother.

If you once experienced it, what did you do to help your kid improve?

He is always trying to make sentences, atimes I understand him, but atimes I try to figure out what he is saying but I can't get. Am worried already.

Let me add that, he started talking very late, at 2, my son hasn't started talking, he'd rather cry to make a request. The little little talking started not so long. I have never seen something like this before, all my uncles kids started talking before 1, his dad is not relating his family experience so we can tell it's hereditary, the doctor asked this but he was not straight forward.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2020
notoracism:
Hi Mothers. Please i need help. Is anyone here with this experience? My son of 4 years plus can't make a sentence. In fact he is not talking well, I have taken him to hospital and I was told nothing is wrong. He is very active, he can write and learning to read.

He calls Daddy well, he used to call me Nani until recently he started calling Mummy. He can say mummy an hungry, I want to drink water, he doesn't call his sister's s name well, he had to nickname her. You can never hear him call her name, only the nickname he named her, not the name well all call her. That's strange in it self, we've corrected him over n over, he'd say no and call her that his own nickname.

He can pronounce pencil, book, house all those. But my problem is he is not making good sentences.

He is not also pronouncing some words well, pronounce them like a 1 year old baby. Another thing is he shout too much and can play too much. If I try to stop him, he gets angry.

Doctors see nothing wrong with him. But it's strange, his classmates talk so well. He understands anything you say.

One question his doctor asked was, what kind of milk I use, i was giving him the normal adults milk, he asked me to stop and give peak milk according to his age. Well, I noticed he improved but still not as it should be.

Please help a mother.

He is always trying to make sentences, atimes I understand him, but atimes I try to figure out what he is saying but I can't get. Am worried already.

Let me add that, he started talking very late, at 2, my son hasn't started talking, he'd rather cry to make a request. The little little talking started not so long. I have never seen something like this before, all my uncles kids started talking before 1, his dad is not relating his family experience so we can tell it's hereditary, the doctor asked this but he was not straight forward.

I understand everything beyond ur description! Just keep encouraging and praying for him, he will outgrow it by God's grace
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bisade44: 6:33am On Oct 02, 2020
Is it advisable breastfeeding an infant while laying in bed?

Best multivitamin for a nursing mother?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 11:07am On Oct 02, 2020
Good day mums,
1)pls what blood tonic can you give a 2years old.

she just treated malaria, and her eyes look pale, she eats very well.
I don't know what could be causing her eyes looking dull.

So i want to try blood tonic and i also use the eye care on jy phone whenever she uses it to watch cartoon.

2) where can i get a good kiddies ipad with an eye care feature? and mums how do you regulate the use of ipads for your kids.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ambient: 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2020
notoracism:

Please help a mother.

Oooohh you just described my son.same 4years.but his was caused by a prolong sickness when he was 1,he started talking earlier this year and have been improving bit by bit.youtune videos do help alot in sentence construction,it seems he listen to what is on screen more than we his parents.email me let's hook up and share ideas.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babygal2020(f): 3:58am On Oct 04, 2020
Good morning mommas. Pls I need advice from doctors and CS mums.
I delivered via CS on 11th August, 2020. My baby will be 8 weeks on Tuesday.
I bled for a week then stopped.

Just yesterday, at my 7 weeks postpartum, I have started bleeding again.

Note:
The blood is red, with small clot, not too much.
No cramps, no fever.

I'm exclusively breastfeeding

Unfortunately, my hospital doesn't attend to patients on weekend except emergencies....

Any advice or suggestion? I'm damn worried.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omawumi17(f): 4:31am On Oct 04, 2020
Burn that belly fat with our durable and affordable waist trainer and tummy trimmer
Whatsapp 09030643664
Nationwide delivery

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 11:14am On Oct 04, 2020
Happy Sunday Mama's, my three weeks daughter doesn't suck well at all. Can abidec drop help her eat.well? Am considering buying it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TheCork(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2020
joiful:

Pls calm down and see your doctor, you should not self medicate

Hello & hi do u do please .pease do u were minisket? cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by khaite23: 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2020
Babygal2020:
Good morning mommas. Pls I need advice from doctors and CS mums.
I delivered via CS on 11th August, 2020. My baby will be 8 weeks on Tuesday.
I bled for a week then stopped.

Just yesterday, at my 7 weeks postpartum, I have started bleeding again.

Note:
The blood is red, with small clot, not too much.
No cramps, no fever.

I'm exclusively breastfeeding

Unfortunately, my hospital doesn't attend to patients on weekend except emergencies....

Any advice or suggestion? I'm damn worried.

Are u sure it's not ur monthly flow that has resumed. Just try n check in d hospital tomorrow but if the flow is heavy pls check in to the hospital cos dats am emergency.
Sorry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babygal2020(f): 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
khaite23:

Are u sure it's not ur monthly flow that has resumed. Just try n check in d hospital tomorrow but if the flow is heavy pls check in to the hospital cos dats am emergency.
Sorry

Thank you mama. I appreciate.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doree: 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2020
Experienced mommas,

Please, can anyone suggest an affordable but good milk for me. We just clocked six months, fresh off exclusive. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
Mumaraoluwa:
thank you Mama. I wish I can also fake that fainting of a thing oo. God will help us all
Amen oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by notoracism: 12:10am On Oct 05, 2020
Hi Ambient, thanks.

I just pmed you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by notoracism: 12:11am On Oct 05, 2020
Goldenheart002:

I understand everything beyond ur description! Just keep encouraging and praying for him, he will outgrow it by God's grace

Thanks so much.

God will help us all.

Not just easy, but God is faithful.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
Pls Mama's can one do exclusive breastfeeding for 1 year
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2020
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:
Pls Mama's can one do exclusive breastfeeding for 1 year

cheesy cheesy cheesy No you can't. After 6 months, you need complimentary feeding as the nutrients in the breastmilk cant be enough for your baby again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
iPhone 7 for sale N35,000

(100% Battery Health)
I can waybill to anywhere in Nigeria.

This is my WhatsApp line https:///+19102397994

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2020
angeltolly:

cheesy cheesy cheesy No you can't. After 6 months, you need complimentary feeding as the nutrients in the breastmilk cant be enough for your baby again.

grin grin grin grin I started my exclusive breastfeeding late when my baby was almost 3 months....I felt that I didn't do my job well as a mother that's y I wanted to make it up for him

(1) (2) (3) ... (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.