Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,128 members, 7,807,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4389697 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2380) (2381) (2382) (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Helens101: 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2020
Gudevening mamas,
I gave been noticing that my two years old son don't respond to his name and does not respond to commands.He plays a lot,eat very well,he blabs and at times words jux come out from mouth but responding to his name,he don't. Pls,is anyone in my shoe??.I went to UBTH last week and the pediatrician told me to run some test for him and do EEG Scan. I went for the scan but my baby didn't sleep after giving him an injection to make him sleep.She said its not autism. I don't know what else to do

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2020
Helens101:
Gudevening mamas,
I gave been noticing that my two years old son don't respond to his name and does not respond to commands.He plays a lot,eat very well,he blabs and at times words jux come out from mouth but responding to his name,he don't. Pls,is anyone in my shoe??.I went to UBTH last week and the pediatrician told me to run some test for him and do EEG Scan. I went for the scan but my baby didn't sleep after giving him an injection to make him sleep.She said its not autism. I don't know what else to do

Does he watch cartoons?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Helens101: 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2020
Alot,he loves watching cartoon.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
Helens101:
Alot,he loves watching cartoon.

Then he is very normal. Na play play full him head for now..but still follow up with his doctor's instructions.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 8:21pm On Nov 25, 2020
Tomblessings:
Attention please!!!

Good evening everyone.

Please o I need help, my dd of 6ms doesn't like breast milk, I'll have to force her each time I want to feed her.
Thank you all
Running temp and diarrhea isn’t good. Visit the hospital if it persists. It’s not teething. It’s the dirt, bacteria, and germ she’s introduced to her system as a result of chewing on everything she can lay hands on.

Did u use a bottle for her early on for feeding? Bottle fed babies tend to reject direct breast nursing and vice versa. Just feed her with bottle, spoon etc. Main thing is that she eats and gets fluids.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 8:25pm On Nov 25, 2020
futuremoma34:
Mamas that have pass these phase,please..when do toddlers start to sleep all through the night?? With out waking up to eatmy one year one month baby wakes up ever 2 hours to suck. This is draining all my energy..please make unna help.

Ahh.. at this age, we were still doing at least 3feedings at night. It will steadily reduce. By 2years it should be history or maybe just water. Na the work be that o. More strength momma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 8:30pm On Nov 25, 2020
Helens101:
Gudevening mamas,

Am currently going through this. I enrolled mine in school since his been home all along and things are steadily improving. His once again making attempts at words. I believe like most moms here advised, he’ll be wearing me down with loads of questions sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lemonadewifey: 12:29am On Nov 26, 2020
futuremoma34:
Mamas that have pass these phase,please..when do toddlers start to sleep all through the night?? With out waking up to eatmy one year one month baby wakes up ever 2 hours to suck. This is draining all my energy..please make unna help.
My DD is a year and 4months old and she doesn't wake up to eat at night. I weaned her at 1yr3mnths and she only ate at night for 3days by the 4th day, we stopped because I don't have strength to cut my sleep short especially as she was no longer sucking. What I do now is to feed her very well at night by 7pm because she sleeps early and that's all till the next day. My sister in-law child is almost 11 months and she no longer eats at night whether breast milk or baby food. Her baby is still very healthy and strong. I think it depends. If you think it's best to wean your child then do so and see if there'll be changes because it's not easy o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 1:34am On Nov 26, 2020
Lemonadewifey:

My DD is a year and 4months old and she doesn't wake up to eat at night. I weaned her at 1yr3mnths and she only ate at night for 3days by the 4th day, we stopped because I don't have strength to cut my sleep short especially as she was no longer sucking. What I do now is to feed her very well at night by 7pm because she sleeps early and that's all till the next day. My sister in-law child is almost 11 months and she no longer eats at night whether breast milk or baby food. Her baby is still very healthy and strong. I think it depends. If you think it's best to wean your child then do so and see if there'll be changes because it's not easy o

My dear,its not easy...I think weaning her is my best option for now..thank you very much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 1:34am On Nov 26, 2020
amSteph:

Ahh.. at this age, we were still doing at least 3feedings at night. It will steadily reduce. By 2years it should be history or maybe just water. Na the work be that o. More strength momma

My dear, thank you..I will start weaning her this night sef..by God grace
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
Loisemm2:

You're welcome. Yes no need to wet with water everyday anymore. Of course, water may mistakenly touch it.
Ideally, her hair should be plaited. Weaving , Calabar , puffs with soft ribbons (not rubber bands). This will prevent hair loss and aid hair growth too.

About hair products, other mamas will help wink

Noted maam
Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SugaryBelle(f): 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2020
This Rota vaccine matter don tire me. Mamas anyone knows where I can collect the ROTA vaccine in Uyo please?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joinpreneur(m): 8:34am On Nov 27, 2020
Please Read: Everyday habits that will help prevent hair loss
If you though hair loss only hits after a certain age, think again. Hair loss has become an increasingly major concern among men and women of all ages >>>
https://joinpreneur.com/read-blog/3742_everyday-habits-that-will-help-prevent-hair-loss.html
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpapi: 11:28am On Nov 27, 2020
Please who has used lactogen1 baby formula for her baby , any positive reviews
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jannies: 12:06pm On Nov 27, 2020
Hello mums, kindly check out @jannieskiddies on Instagram , we have a 2 weeks end of the year sales starting from today , stuff would be sold as low as 1k, 1k5 , 2k, 3k for strictly UK, US and Turkey wears Thanks as you stop by and shop with us .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jannies: 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2020
Lizzieo:
ur WhatsApp number

0810967035.3 ... Sorry for the late response mam

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JOANDIVA(f): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
SugaryBelle:

This Rota vaccine matter don tire me.
Mamas anyone knows where I can collect the ROTA vaccine in Uyo please?
How much is it in Uyo, I was told 12k here for a dose. the two dose 24k
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2020
tpapi:
Lactogen one is good, I see till for my baby we just change it that she is 6month, and I can say it's good
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpapi: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
Pweetiebabe:
Lactogen one is good, I see till for my baby we just change it that she is 6month, and I can say it's good
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SugaryBelle(f): 10:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
JOANDIVA:

How much is it in Uyo, I was told 12k here for a dose. the two dose 24k

No idea
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 1:02pm On Nov 28, 2020
tpapi:
lactogen 1 is a good formula that is what I use for my kids.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpapi: 1:16pm On Nov 28, 2020
Mzleemah:
lactogen 1 is a good formula that is what I use for my kids.
thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lollypopson(f): 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
My daughter will be 6months soon, when I took her for 14weeks immunization the nurse wrote our next appointment as 9months, I ask her abt he 6months vitamin A and she told me to bring her back when she's 9months, please mamas who took 14weeks immunization recently, when we're u ask to bring ur Los back, is the 6months own no longer given, I need to know maybe to go to general hospital to take d 6months own cos I always take it at the health centre
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
lollypopson:
My daughter will be 6months soon, when I took her for 14weeks immunization the nurse wrote our next appointment as 9months, I ask her abt he 6months vitamin A and she told me to bring her back when she's 9months, please mamas who took 14weeks immunization recently, when we're u ask to bring ur Los back, is the 6months own no longer given, I need to know maybe to go to general hospital to take d 6months own cos I always take it at the health centre

When she is six months old, please take her to the hospital for her 6 month vitamin A ..that nurse is just being stupid...vitamin A is given to children every 6 months until the are 2 years old.some do continue till 4 or 5 years old

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lollypopson(f): 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2020
futuremoma34:

When she is six months old, please take her to the hospital for her 6 month vitamin A ..that nurse is just being stupid...vitamin A is given to children every 6 months until the are 2 years old.some do continue till 4 or 5 years old
I'll do that, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prestige2013: 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2020
Mamas in the house, pls is Rota Vaccine different from Measles 1 n 2 Vaccines?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2020
prestige2013:
Mamas in the house, pls is Rota Vaccine different from Measles 1 n 2 Vaccines?

Yes ma'am.they are different
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2020
amSteph:

Running temp and diarrhea isn’t good. Visit the hospital if it persists. It’s not teething. It’s the dirt, bacteria, and germ she’s introduced to her system as a result of chewing on everything she can lay hands on.

Did u use a bottle for her early on for feeding? Bottle fed babies tend to reject direct breast nursing and vice versa. Just feed her with bottle, spoon etc. Main thing is that she eats and gets fluids.

Thanks for your response ma.
She's strong now and has recovered. She's eating well and no diarrhea is gone too.
Glory be to God. I really don't know the cause but I believe it's actually the dirt and all that.
Thank ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gassbee: 7:14am On Nov 29, 2020
Has any mother esperienced a situation where the baby just completely refused to take breast milk and always crying wen u point his mouth to d breast or force the breast to his mouth

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 8:53am On Nov 29, 2020
lollypopson:
Ours was 6month which was last week Thursday, just take her back to d clinic when she is 6month
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lollypopson(f): 12:41pm On Nov 29, 2020
Pweetiebabe:
Ours was 6month which was last week Thursday, just take her back to d clinic when she is 6month
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayysen(f): 3:54pm On Nov 29, 2020
gassbee:
Has any mother esperienced a situation where the baby just completely refused to take breast milk and always crying wen u point his mouth to d breast or force the breast to his mouth

I experienced this and believe me it can be frustrating. My baby will be 3 months next week and she just started sucking well. I was told by the doctor not to worry as some babies do that and she will still take it which she's doing well now. I was told to keep trying and never relent. I was expressing in bottles and also introduced baby food to her since she wasn't sucking directly. she will still suck but exclusive breastfeeding might not be easy. just make sure she's feeding well. mine eats a lot. it is well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2380) (2381) (2382) (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.