Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,320 members, 7,780,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:21 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4359603 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2381) (2382) (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gassbee: 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2020
mayysen:

I experienced this and believe me it can be frustrating. My baby will be 3 months next week and she just started sucking well. I was told by the doctor not to worry as some babies do that and she will still take it which she's doing well now. I was told to keep trying and never relent. I was expressing in bottles and also introduced baby food to her since she wasn't sucking directly. she will still suck but exclusive breastfeeding might not be easy. just make sure she's feeding well. mine eats a lot. it is well.
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jcuttie: 11:22am On Nov 30, 2020
Pls mommas and daddy’s in the house help me. My 7months old baby has ela. I really don’t know what exactly causes this ela, if it’s a bacteria or what. Don’t they have antibiotics that can clear it cause I don’t want to use agbo for him. I just bought augmentin suspension and tribotan for him. I just started giving him today but people still keep advising me to go and buy agbo that antibiotics can not clear it. Pls I need your advice. People that experienced ela with your children what did you use. Pls help it has covered all his body
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
Please who has used baby cici diapers, finding kisskids this days is like mining gold. I need reviews please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Claire104: 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
SapphirePRINCEX:
Please who has used baby cici diapers, finding kisskids this days is like mining gold. I need reviews please
Kisskids is in my area in abuja...I don't like cici.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2020
Claire104:

Kisskids is in my area in abuja...I don't like cici.
I later saw half of kisskids sha 52piece. Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jeanos: 3:27am On Dec 01, 2020
Hello mamas,pls my dd will soon be 1yr i need ideas on any good milk for toddlers,not Sma or aptamil.
Secondly when should i start teaching him on colours and speech as we are yet to start creche.Pls help am a Ftm.
Thanks kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jannies: 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2020
Hello mamas, we are having a 2 weeks end of the year sales @jannieskiddies on Instagram or jannies kiddies home on Facebook . Strictly US, UK and turkey wears as low as 1k, 1k5, 2k, 3k . Carters US set for 2k5, 3k, 3500. You can pick up from our location before payment at Ajah, Lagos , or request them delivered to you at a fee. Our whatsapp number is 08109670353. Thanks mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adegbitown: 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
Hello Mums in the house.
My baby is 2 wks and I have the following questions;
1) How do I clear rashes on her skin? I stopped using Johnson's products cos I figured it caused it.
2) is there any cream or ointment I can use in addition to hot water/steam massage t make my v. Stitches heal faster?the pain is not from here oo
3) how long does it take for babies to start responding or reacting to gestures like smiling and playing cos she doesn't. She just keeps looking at you.
4) is it normal for them to strain before they poo?
5) what creams are advisable to use on them?
6) i noticed my bre.ast milk is watery. Is it good for the baby?
Sometimes, one bre.ast milk is watery and the other one is thick. Pls what does this mean?
7) She doesn't suck for more than 10-15 mins and doses off. Should I be worried?

Thank you for your anticipated responses.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 9:23pm On Dec 01, 2020
Jeanos:
Hello mamas,pls my dd will soon be 1yr i need ideas on any good milk for toddlers,not Sma or aptamil.
Secondly when should i start teaching him on colours and speech as we are yet to start creche.Pls help am a Ftm.
Thanks kiss
I use peak 123. Start speaking TO her, not AROUND or OVER her. Keep ensuring she grows her words once she start making attempts to talk. Assume teaching, couple of minutes daily. She hears u alright. I think that ought to help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2020
adegbitown:
Hello Mums in the house.
My baby is 2 wks and I have the following questions;
1) How do I clear rashes on her skin? I stopped using Johnson's products cos I figured it caused it.
2) is there any cream or ointment I can use in addition to hot water/steam massage t make my v. Stitches heal faster?the pain is not from here oo
3) how long does it take for babies to start responding or reacting to gestures like smiling and playing cos she doesn't. She just keeps looking at you.
4) is it normal for them to strain before they poo?
5) what creams are advisable to use on them?
6) i noticed my bre.ast milk is watery. Is it good for the baby?
Sometimes, one bre.ast milk is watery and the other one is thick. Pls what does this mean?
7) She doesn't suck for more than 10-15 mins and doses off. Should I be worried?

Thank you for your anticipated responses.
2weeks old u say?
1. They have rashes that looking like multiple tiny pimple on the face especially, that would clear on its own, it’s due to the hormones encountered while in the womb. If it’s heat rash, dress her according to the weather. A layer extra of what you would wear during any weather.
2. Don’t know if any, so sorry.
3. At 2weeks old, it’s just eat and sleep. Activity should start at 2months plus. Just go with her flow basically.
4. Very normal. Just trying to figure out how to get the poo out. During bath, drop water on her clit to help her poo and pee instinctively.
5. Any natural cream that won’t cause her heat. Better still, just leave her skin be sef. Original Vaseline, Johnson, ori if u must. Nothing like toning.
6. Breast milk is perfect at all times. It’s constitution is just perfect as it is for DD. Note that there’s FORE and HIND milk in the breast. The first that comes when sucking is FOREmilk composed of mostly water. This is why exclusively fed babies don’t require water again. After they have suckled this high water composition foremilk, the hindmilk composed of the main rich milk comes afterward. Therefore, ensure u let her suckle on one breast for a considerable time during each feed. Changing breast during one Feed might end up giving her only the water based foremilk.
5. Feed according to her demand. At most 2-3hrs interval.

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adegbitown: 4:40am On Dec 02, 2020
Thank you so much.
amSteph:

2weeks old u say?
1. They have rashes that looking like multiple tiny pimple on the face especially, that would clear on its own, it’s due to the hormones encountered while in the womb. If it’s heat rash, dress her according to the weather. A layer extra of what you would wear during any weather.
2. Don’t know if any.
3. At 2weeks old, it’s just eat and sleep. Activity should start at 2months plus. Just go with her flow basically.
4. Very normal. Just trying to figure out how to get the poo out. During bath, drop water on her clit to help her poo and pee instinctively.
5. Any natural cream that won’t cause her heat. Better still, just leave her skin be sef. Original Vaseline, Johnson, ori if u must. Nothing like toning.
6. Breast milk if perfect at all times. It’s constitution is just perfect as it is for DD. Note that there’s FORE and HIND milk in the breast. The first that comes when sucking is FOREmilk composed of mostly water. This is why exclusively fed babies don’t require water again. After they have suckled this high water composition foremilk, the hindmilk composed of the main rich milk comes afterward. Therefore, ensure u let her suckle on one breast for a considerable during each feed. Changing breast during one Feed might end up giving her only the water based foremilk.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpapi: 8:17am On Dec 02, 2020
How do u cut a baby's sharp finger nails without hurting d baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 10:21am On Dec 02, 2020
tpapi:

When the baby is asleep..you can use a razor or a nail cutter
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpapi: 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
futuremoma34:

thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adegbitown: 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
futuremoma34:

Just use nail cutter to be on the safe side because baby cań shake suddenly from sleep and you might lose control and cut him/her mistakenly.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Krak(m): 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
futuremoma34:

My wife use nail cutter without any problem.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
tpapi:

Baby’s small nail cutter. Be sure u put it on the nails without catching the flesh( pull on the skin a little before positioning the nail cutter). Nail cutter is safer than razor cos they can shake at any time and razor will easily cause harm and damage. Just be careful. They’re supposed to fuss and shake, be prepared. U got this momma.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IamGreen1(f): 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2020
amSteph:

2weeks old u say?
2. Don’t know if any, so sorry.
6. Breast milk is perfect at all times. It’s constitution is just perfect as it is for DD. Note that there’s FORE and HIND milk in the breast. The first that comes when sucking is FOREmilk composed of mostly water. This is why exclusively fed babies don’t require water again. After they have suckled this high water composition foremilk, the hindmilk composed of the main rich milk comes afterward. Therefore, ensure u let her suckle on one breast for a considerable time during each feed. Changing breast during one Feed might end up giving her only the water based foremilk.

How I wish I'm not with mother in law, they are just doing opposite to my baby. Can't imagine mixing funbact A with Ori for two weeks old baby, giving her agbo and suggesting treating one foolish oka again. My baby is not even smelling like a new baby but like chemist. I'm crying typing this

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpapi: 9:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
amSteph:

Baby’s small nail cutter. Be sure u put it on the nails without catching the flesh( pull on the skin a little before positioning the nail cutter). Nail cutter is safer than razor cos they can shake at any time and razor will easily cause harm and damage. Just be careful. They’re supposed to fuss and shake, be prepared. U got this momma.
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Shallypop(f): 6:40am On Dec 03, 2020
Good morning mamas. Pls who sells Aju mbaise here and can it work after 7 months post birth? I need to loose my belly fat. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SPDAZZY(f): 10:06am On Dec 03, 2020
IamGreen1:

How I wish I'm not with mother in law, they are just doing opposite to my baby. Can't imagine mixing funbact A with Ori for two weeks old baby, giving her agbo and suggesting treating one foolish oka again. My baby is not even smelling like a new baby but like chemist. I'm crying typing this

Oh mama, please stop crying and stand up for your baby's health. She is just 2weeks and too young for all these. Funbact À isn't even healthy for an adult, how much more a new born. Please put a firm stop to it, PLEASE!

Agbo too, all herbal mixtures are too strong for a new born's organs. Please, you carried her for 9months,you bore birth pains not your MIL, please your child is looking up to you to save her.

I think the thing called Oka is that fontanelle stuff, it's completely normal and will close on its own. Just breastfeed adequately and if you are not on EBF, give lots of water.

Sending you lots of love and courage kiss

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 10:30am On Dec 03, 2020
IamGreen1:

my dear, the well being of your baby is more important than pleasing or displeasing anybody. you have to stand up for your baby. if you feel you can't handle your MIL, speak to your doctor. let him talk to your husband or directly to your MIL. Don't be quiet and allow your baby suffer please

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amorprincesa24: 11:10am On Dec 03, 2020
They are doing opposite and you are letting her. If you are so worried, take your baby to see a doctor or dermatologist for the skin issues.

You can't watch them give her agbo. Her kidneys ain't even strong yet.

Your baby can't tell them to stop but you can. Stand up and do it.
IamGreen1:

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kemade2007(f): 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2020
Please I need help Mummies. During my pregnancy, I had so much skin tag on my body. At my neck, back, chest, under the breast and even my vg area. When I complained, doctor told me it's pregnancy hormone that it will go after I deliver. I'm now 3months postpartum but it's seems this skin tag has come to stay. Please how can I treat it and what is the best solution to cure it because it has turned my skin to something else
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
gassbee:
Has any mother esperienced a situation where the baby just completely refused to take breast milk and always crying wen u point his mouth to d breast or force the breast to his mouth

Exact description of my baby.
I was told its jedejede. I was using scent leave, squeeze and put in lo's mouth and bum bum.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gassbee: 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
Tomblessings:

Exact description of my baby.
I was told its jedejede. I was using scent leave, squeeze and put in lo's mouth and bum bum.
has the baby started sucking well now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Immatex(m): 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
[quote author=SPDAZZY post=96684579]

Oh mama, please stop crying and stand up for your baby's health. She is just 2weeks and too young for all these. Funbact À isn't even healthy for an adult, how much more a new born. Please put a firm stop to it, PLEASE!

Agbo too, all herbal mixtures are too strong for a new born's organs. Please, you carried her for 9months,you bore birth pains not your MIL, please your child is looking up to you to save her.

I think the thing called Oka is that fontanelle stuff, it's completely normal and will close on its own. Just breastfeed adequately and if you are not on EBF, give lots of water.

Sending you lots of love and courage kiss[/q
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ubiero(f): 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
Hello Mummies and Daddies,

Our babies are blessed �.

Please check out our babies and kiddies clothes and shoes, new/neatly thrifted.

Pick up or delivery options available.

Follow @TwinningKingGlobal on Instagram for lovely and affordable items.

Thank you.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2020
IamGreen1:

Ma'am just speak up if you are not comfortable with what they are doing to your baby, just say your mind politely not being rude and if dat is not working just let hubby speak to MIL on your behalf

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpapi: 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2020
Pls who has idea of d range of price for crech in ikeja
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Malevonent: 5:36am On Dec 04, 2020
SapphirePRINCEX:
I later saw half of kisskids sha 52piece. Thank you ma

How much was it, what size?.
Am seeing 8k on konga for 54 pieces or so size 2.seems expensive
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fertilady(f): 6:25am On Dec 04, 2020
Malevonent:

How much was it, what size?.
Am seeing 8k on konga for 54 pieces or so size 2.seems expensive

Bought kisskids size 2, 99 pieces for 4k3

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2381) (2382) (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.