Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390786 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2408) (2409) (2410) (2411) (2412) (2413) (2414) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by trevolady(f): 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
sexyjuly:
Good evening beautiful mamas'. It's been a while I posted here, but I know I can really get help from here. My daughter is 15 months plus and yet to start walking, though she stands very well when she's holding on to something and crawls actively as well. Am just a little worried because I know most children start walking at 1year. Please has anyone experienced this before? I would appreciate an honest response and advice. Thank you

You'll be surprised she'll start walking soon,my baby will be 15mths in 2wks and she started walking on thursday,I was never bothered even when people were saying all sort I just tell them she'll walk when she's ready,just do things that'll encourage her to start taking those steps(you can google or check YouTube)

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sexyjuly(f): 8:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
awww thank you so much mama. my mind is at rest now....I would google as advised.i appreciate.
trevolady:

You'll be surprised she'll start walking soon,my baby will be 15mths in 2wks and she started walking on thursday,I was never bothered even when people were saying all sort I just tell them she'll walk when she's ready,just do things that'll encourage her to start taking those steps(you can google or check YouTube)

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sexyjuly(f): 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
Thanks mama.i appreciate.
Tinudesi:

Relax mama,children reach the development milestone differently,if at 18 months it's still the same that's when u can be worried but I believe she will walk before then with all this she can do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BabaEleko(m): 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2021
incogni2o:

So who did you knack .

I knack my wife grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyD2020(f): 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
trevolady:

Dont mind busy body people. My baby walked at one yr but before then, people were already telling me its late. Even mothers of multiple kids oh.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ooreofejah: 7:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
Good day beautiful mamas, please I just gave birth through ecs 7 weeks ago, this is my third cs, two weeks after I gave birth, I noticed a bulge besides my navel on the right side,it has been there since then, though it's not painful but I'm really concerned about it. what could it be? pls experience mama, your contribution will be highly appreciated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shithapuns: 7:56am On May 01, 2021
Hello mamas,
My 1yr old son groin is a bit swollen and doc suspects hernia + 1 undescended testes, scan and surgery is his recommendation.next wk

Anybody experienced anything like this.
Is there a nything i can do, a magic leaf perhapsetc , the thought of his undergoing surgery at such a tender age is worrying.

2ndly his appetite is so poor, meal times na full war, he clamps his mouth shut, and even when he opens it, doesnt want to swallow the food. Has tried various food types, mashed rice. Swallow, cerelac, tom brown etc

Also given him supplements MIm, wellkid, abidec etc, no show
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyD2020(f): 9:01am On May 01, 2021
Ooreofejah:
Good day beautiful mamas, please I just gave birth through ecs 7 weeks ago, this is my third cs, two weeks after I gave birth, I noticed a bulge besides my navel on the right side,it has been there since then, though it's not painful but I'm really concerned about it. what could it be? pls experience mama, your contribution will be highly appreciated.

Hello mama, congratulations on your bundle of joy! You need to go to the. Hospital where you gave birth for check up. I had a swell near my incision site after some weeks i delivered my baby. I went to the hospital and the doctor gave me chymoral and the swelling went down . So u need to go see the doctor. And the earlier the better
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 5:22pm On May 01, 2021
Mama I need to ask someone said I ought to be cleaning my babys mouth and tongue with cotton wool and water from birth to avoid mouth odour.How true is this have not heard of this before.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ooreofejah: 7:37pm On May 01, 2021
MummyD2020:

Hello mama, congratulations on your bundle of joy! You need to go to the. Hospital where you gave birth for check up. I had a swell near my incision site after some weeks i delivered my baby. I went to the hospital and the doctor gave me chymoral and the swelling went down . So u need to go see the doctor. And the earlier the better
Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 8:03pm On May 01, 2021
Tinudesi:
Mama I need to ask someone said I ought to be cleaning my babys mouth and tongue with cotton wool and water from birth to avoid mouth odour.How true is this have not heard of this before.

Might not be because of mouth odour parse but to just clean off milk residue which is good for their oral health. Personally, I didn't start from birth and not everyday but I tried cleaning as the much as I can.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 9:09pm On May 01, 2021
angeltolly:

Might not be because of mouth odour parse but to just clean off milk residue which is good for their oral health. Personally, I didn't start from birth and not everyday but I tried cleaning as the much as I can.
How do I go about it mama.
Is it the tongue alone or the whole mouth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Deeedeee: 2:06am On May 02, 2021
Tinudesi:
Does anyone knows the right dosage for gripe water for colic in babies

My doctor recommended 2.5ml I - I - I daily.
Pls ask ur doc also
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by smartaphyl(m): 12:53pm On May 02, 2021
Painful Delivery is not an achievement and you should know better as a mother or expectant mother!

The writer who is a registered nurse knows better also.. You won't be getting blabbing Jargons but an advice from a medical professional

The free book tells you about 4 steps technique that will save you Time, Pain and Cost so you can enjoy motherhood and be a loving and caring wife to your husband and children.

Get a copy today by asking for it on whatsapp..

+2349036112612

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Krak(m): 7:17am On May 03, 2021
My baby is having it difficult to poop. His poop is strong and he has been straining to poop for a very long time. Is there a baby laxative I can give him?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by P4perissos: 9:57am On May 03, 2021
Please my baby’s inner thigh is getting darker. Can it be as a result of molfix? She’s very light skinned but her inner thighs keeps getting darker
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:46am On May 03, 2021
Krak:
My baby is having it difficult to poop. His poop is strong and he has been straining to poop for a very long time. Is there a baby laxative I can give him?
How old is this baby? And what's he eating?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Krak(m): 12:32pm On May 03, 2021
sugah:

How old is this baby? And what's he eating?

Almost 7 months. Still taking breastmilk, but just started taking pap and other foods.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 12:46pm On May 03, 2021
Krak:

Almost 7 months. Still taking breastmilk, but just started taking pap and other foods.
Is he drinking water with the other foods? Give lots of water and if it still persists give him prune juice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Faithfulfaythe: 1:17pm On May 03, 2021
P4perissos:
Please my baby’s inner thigh is getting darker. Can it be as a result of molfix? She’s very light skinned but her inner thighs keeps getting darker
I doubt it's molfix.it could be friction,inner thighs rubbing against each other
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Krak(m): 1:22pm On May 03, 2021
sugah:

Is he drinking water with the other foods? Give lots of water and if it still persists give him prune juice.

He drinks lots of water. What is prune juice and where can I get it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyD2020(f): 4:40pm On May 03, 2021
[quote author=Tinudesi post=101296720]
Is it the tongue alone or the whole mouth[/quote

I use their small towel that was recommended at the hospital. There are i think 7 of them in a pack. So i got one, dab it in water, squeeze out the water then clean the tongue and gum gently. I dont do it daily though. Shes 6months old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyD2020(f): 4:43pm On May 03, 2021
Deeedeee:

My doctor recommended 2.5ml I - I - I daily.
Pls ask ur doc also

Its written on the pack.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 8:49pm On May 03, 2021
[quote author=MummyD2020 post=101347699][/quote] Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumIbeji(f): 11:49pm On May 03, 2021
Hello mamas,
Please who can recommend a good private hospital around alagbole to ojodu for antenatal and delivery services?
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by threegees(f): 3:50am On May 04, 2021
MumIbeji:
Hello mamas,
Please who can recommend a good private hospital around alagbole to ojodu for antenatal and delivery services?
Thanks
Kingsmith Hospital, Akute, St. Timothy Hospital Yakoyo, Ojodu (tested and trusted), Solid Rock Hospital, Ojodu (tested and trusted), SamSteve Hospital, Alagbole.They are all good, but na your money kill am.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:31am On May 04, 2021
Krak:

He drinks lots of water. What is prune juice and where can I get it?
Youd find it at the baby food section of walmart/target etc. It's a natural laxative. Mix with water and give on an empty stomach butnits only to relief current constipation. You'll have to make baby diet a fibre rich one and give vegetables too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 11:19am On May 04, 2021
Tinudesi:

Is it the tongue alone or the whole mouth

Just put cotton wool or better still a washcloth (I had one just for cleaning his mouth alone then) you can't possibly clean the whole mouth of a new born I guess, since it's usually small but you can just wipe off the tongue and keep trying every other part of the mouth as time goes on. At some point I was even using 2 sticks of moist cotton bud to wipe his tongue when I wasn't succeeding in dipping my hand in his mouth.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Krak(m): 12:45pm On May 04, 2021
sugah:

Youd find it at the baby food section of walmart/target etc. It's a natural laxative. Mix with water and give on an empty stomach butnits only to relief current constipation. You'll have to make baby diet a fibre rich one and give vegetables too

Ok. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 3:44pm On May 04, 2021
angeltolly:

Just put cotton wool or better still a washcloth (I had one just for cleaning his mouth alone then) you can't possibly clean the whole mouth of a new born I guess, since it's usually small but you can just wipe off the tongue and keep trying every other part of the mouth as time goes on. At some point I was even using 2 sticks of moist cotton bud to wipe his tongue when I wasn't succeeding in dipping my hand in his mouth.
Thanks this is more explanatory cos have tried using cotton wool this morning my baby did not open his mouth well maybe I will use cotton bud till he accepts to open mouth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 4:53pm On May 04, 2021
Tinudesi:

Thanks this is more explanatory cos have tried using cotton wool this morning my baby did not open his mouth well maybe I will use cotton bud till he accepts to open mouth

I'm trying to upload an attachment but its not uploading. Its a cotton bud kinda stuff i bought from Zaynie for cleaning baby's mouth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2408) (2409) (2410) (2411) (2412) (2413) (2414) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.