Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390371 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2426) (2427) (2428) (2429) (2430) (2431) (2432) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by April2525: 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2021
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by April2525: 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2021
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2021
Good evening mama's, please we have been treating malaria since Saturday... But as at today I noticed the temperature is still high infact sometimes very high, so we went to the hospital and we were ask to do FBC ....But when I check result I don't see anything like malaria test there, PCV, WBC and Co are there though or full blood count test doesn'test for malaria? I don't want a rejected test o cos am stress already
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
Pweetiebabe:
Good evening mama's, please we have been treating malaria since Saturday... But as at today I noticed the temperature is still high infact sometimes very high, so we went to the hospital and we were ask to do FBC ....But when I check result I don't see anything like malaria test there, PCV, WBC and Co are there though or full blood count test doesn'test for malaria? I don't want a rejected test o cos am stress already

FBC doesn’t include malaria test
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2021
gratefulme40:

FBC doesn’t include malaria test
Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 3:32am On Aug 03, 2021
Pweetiebabe:
FBC is done most times to see the levels of Platelets, and co. The numbers indicate whether or not there’s an infection, how severe, and the type(viral/bacterial). Severe numbers are treated with IVs most cases while mild take home meds. Since you’ve been treating malaria, the doc now suspects an infection. Infection most times causes nasty unrelenting fevers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamhistreasure: 6:56am On Aug 03, 2021
Goodmorning mamas please my son has this thing on hiss skin.Before it was on and off but now it's been on his skin for 2 weeks plus.I have used tribotan,sudocream and neoskin(but it was making him fairer).Please how can I get rid of this?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 11:30am On Aug 03, 2021
amSteph:

This would be very much appreciated. Am not sure how PM works here. But i would very much love to hear from you. Thank you.

Okay sis, I just sent u a PM. I would send my contact number wen u reply d mail
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by formidablefunmi(f): 11:34am On Aug 03, 2021
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2021
formidablefunmi:
Good morning mama she put to birth last week Friday after she was induced. Thank you all ..... Mother and baby are sound please is it necessary we buy drugs like vit c or abedec and the rest for the baby? And he has not taken bcg yet till

Pls, You should be asking your healthcare provider not us.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by formidablefunmi(f): 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2021
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2021
formidablefunmi:
[quote author=LadySarah oh so it'd now wrong to ask questions here? Don't people ask questions here? Am I the first to ask such?

Advices are given here based on experience andcnot because we are healthcare personnel.

First I wonder why almost 1 week old baby is yet to receive bcg or the fact that the multivitamins that should have accompanied your baby while being discharged is being thought of. No sane hospital would discharge you without at least bcg when they know how visitors love touching babies.

Talk to them that is all. If the comment came out wrong .Ndo, sorry, kpele.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2021
@ladysarah your first paragraph is correct...
@formidablefunmi we aren't healthcare professionals so that question ideally should be directed to the doctor especially if they are still in the hospital

@ladysarah it's not unusual for a baby to be discharged without bcg. We were discharged without bcg cos the hospital had a certain day for immunisation so we returned to get it.
People should not be touching newborn babies anyways but extra care was advised in our case and even naming ceremony was postponed until she received bcg.
Also, a healthy baby doesn't need routine drugs. Only breastmilk is advised during the first 6 months of life. Medicine no be food.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Towma(f): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2021
@zaynie. Sorry for mentioning you like this, but I read about weight loss group on your diary some time ago embarassed

Please is the group still active because I want to join thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamhistreasure: 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2021
iamhistreasure:
Goodmorning mamas please my son has this thing on hiss skin.Before it was on and off but now it's been on his skin for 2 weeks plus.I have used tribotan,sudocream and neoskin(but it was making him fairer).Please how can I get rid of this?

Please mamas anyone that has experienced this should please advice Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 6:34pm On Aug 03, 2021
amSteph:

FBC is done most times to see the levels of Platelets, and co. The numbers indicate whether or not there’s an infection, how severe, and the type(viral/bacterial). Severe numbers are treated with IVs most cases while mild take home meds. Since you’ve been treating malaria, the doc now suspects an infection. Infection most times causes nasty unrelenting fevers.
Thanks so much MA.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by formidablefunmi(f): 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2021
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2021
Good evening mamas . Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamhistreasure: 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2021
futuremoma34:
Good evening mamas in the house. Trust we are all doing great. Please I need words of encouragement or advice from you all..I got an employment to work with an private agency. Salary is 100k monthly(8am to 5 pm as working hours) And I have a 9 weeks baby. I am so confused, to either accept the offer or reject the offer because of my baby and at the same time, I need the job badly to pay bills as things are going high in Nigeria..please mamas if you are in my shoes what will you do. Take the baby to creach or higher a nanny or reject the offer. I will be reading comments. Thank you

For me i will prefer to get a nanny.The way prices of things are going up one can't afford not to be earning.Dont worry baby will be fine,you need money to take care of baby.Most importantly pray for grace and strength.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Vividiwe: 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2021
[quote author=LadySarah post=104382383][/quote]

You answered rudely, babies do not need drugs atall, BCG can be given anytime even up till 3 weeks to 1 month old ( especially babies born underweight) and YES there are healthcare practitioners here

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Iwantpeace: 10:53pm On Aug 03, 2021
futuremoma34:
Good evening mamas in the house. Trust we are all doing great. Please I need words of encouragement or advice from you all..I got an employment to work with an private agency. Salary is 100k monthly(8am to 5 pm as working hours) And I have a 9 weeks baby. I am so confused, to either accept the offer or reject the offer because of my baby and at the same time, I need the job badly to pay bills as things are going high in Nigeria..please mamas if you are in my shoes what will you do. Take the baby to creach or higher a nanny or reject the offer. I will be reading comments. Thank you
Please reject the offer provided the working conditions is alright. You can hire a nanny or get a grown up girl you can take along to work place so you can breast feeding if you are EBF. But no matter what try not to reject the offer

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:59pm On Aug 03, 2021
Towma:
@zaynie. Sorry for mentioning you like this, but I read about weight loss group on your diary some time ago embarassed

Please is the group still active because I want to join thanks

It's fine mama I don't mind.
I actually fell off the bandwagon (covers face in shame) but I know my Coach is still in the business of helping people kill fat.
+234 8. 12 232. 4079

Her name is Nkem
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zikodem(m): 4:27am On Aug 04, 2021
futuremoma34:
pls don't reject the offer, find a way around the situation, by either getting a Nanny
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2021
Good day dear mothers, it's been a while here. How are we doing and our LOs? Please my toddler of 13 months has not poo in six days. She's eating and doing fine, nothing has changed. Her stomach is not hard but I'm worried. She could go for 10days without passing one when she was under six months. I complained then and I was told babies on exclusive breastfeeding may not poo everyday,so I was told it was normal. But is it normal for a baby who is on solid? I have given her fruit, she takes puree avocado and potatoes as food and cereal and pap. I try giving her plenty water to drink yet she hasn't poo. Please has anyone experience this with their LOs? Thanks as I await your responses.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ayauche(f): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2021
LadySarah:

Pls, You should be asking your healthcare provider not us.

Mama calm down, I really do not see anything wrong in the question asked, we all ask different questions here because we believe there are experienced mothers here. At least before the person goes to the hospital.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ayauche(f): 10:48am On Aug 04, 2021
formidablefunmi:
Good morning mama she put to birth last week Friday after she was induced. Thank you all ..... Mother and baby are sound please is it necessary we buy drugs like vit c or abedec and the rest for the baby? And he has not taken bcg yet till

Congratulations.
Those drugs are not necessary just breastfeed your baby according to doctors but those our mothers that gave birth in the 1990s will be hammering on the drug like its the pathway to heaven.
For the BCG I got for my baby a week after I gave birth this is due to the fact that there's a day scheduled for immunisation.
Take care of baby and mummy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Towma(f): 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2021
zaynie:

It's fine mama I don't mind.
I actually fell off the bandwagon (covers face in shame) but I know my Coach is still in the business of helping people kill fat.
+234 8. 12 232. 4079

Her name is Nkem

Thanks, I will contact her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kennybelle: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2021
futuremoma34:

I'd go for the job, if it were me. I prefer a crèche though, or get a relative to live with me who can care for the baby (scared of nannies).

I'd also let my immediate boss know I'm a nursing mother (on first day at work or a week after, as the case may be).

Congratulations ma'am.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kennybelle: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2021
Limahgirl:
Good day dear mothers, it's been a while here. How are we doing and our LOs? Please my toddler of 13 months has not poo in six days. She's eating and doing fine, nothing has changed. Her stomach is not hard but I'm worried. She could go for 10days without passing one when she was under six months. I complained then and I was told babies on exclusive breastfeeding may not poo everyday,so I was told it was normal. But is it normal for a baby who is on solid? I have given her fruit, she takes puree avocado and potatoes as food and cereal and pap. I try giving her plenty water to drink yet she hasn't poo. Please has anyone experience this with their LOs? Thanks as I await your responses.

I gave my baby oranges in addition to water. I also took plenty of the oranges, including eating the insides so she can also suck the nutrients from the breast. Sincerely yours, she poo before the day ended.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Meyshia: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2021
formidablefunmi:
Those routine drugs are not necessary since your baby had been certified ok.

Take your baby to the hospital/health centre on their immunization days for BCG, OPV and other vaccinations necessary. In the interim, baby should be handled with care.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2021
futuremoma34:

Mama pls accept that job and get a nanny to accompany you to work. Find a suitable place for her and your baby, maybe back of office building, just something okay, or if you have a car better, find a suitable shade, in that way you can always brisk in and feed your baby

Modified: pls hope there's security in the building

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2426) (2427) (2428) (2429) (2430) (2431) (2432) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.