Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4389551 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2459) (2460) (2461) (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 12:13am On May 22, 2022
SlimBrawnie:
Hello mama's,
So after the birth of my second child in May 2020, we decided I go for implanon FP in July. Hubby didn't want me to because of the side effects he's been reading online. I assured him body differs and he said if I notice anything odd I should removed it.

I saw my AF shortly after and it was normal but thereafter, I didn't see it for several months and then it comes once in a while and goes after few days. No headaches or body weight gained and I felt it's normal.

However, towards the mid/ending of last year, It became quite frequent especially after I fully stopped breastfeeding. It will come and last for over a week and I still felt quite safe but last December, it lasted for more than 2weeks (it entered January), then February to April it was normal 1week or less.

Now the problem is I've been on my period since 1st of May till today 21st of May. It looked like it ended after 5days with just spotting but about 2 days later, it continued and has been like that till date and it's really alarming and worrisome. That's why I've come to experienced mothers here.

At this point, please is it still normal or I should just go to the clinic? What do I do please?

Sorry for the long write up
u r experiencing d side effect of d implant... U shld hv it removed if u r uncomfortable wit d side effect ur CYcle wil b back to normal... But if u r ok wit it, u cn leav it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 10:24pm On May 22, 2022
missviva:

Please see your doctor immediately
Thank you for your response. I'd have to see my doctor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 10:26pm On May 22, 2022
kokaiye:
u r experiencing d side effect of d implant... U shld hv it removed if u r uncomfortable wit d side effect ur CYcle wil b back to normal... But if u r ok wit it, u cn leav it
I'm worried. If it's indeed the side effects, then it's fine as long as it will stop soon. I however have to put my mind to rest by seeing the doctor.
Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyNeto(f): 7:05pm On May 23, 2022
Vivi01:

Did the supplement work? And what's the name of the brand?
yes its working…puritan pride
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 9:16pm On May 23, 2022
SlimBrawnie:

I'm worried. If it's indeed the side effects, then it's fine as long as it will stop soon. I however have to put my mind to rest by seeing the doctor.
Thank you for your response.
had mine removed oo, i had d neplanon implant. I did d removal mysef, i was annoyed n irritated cs i was bleeding everyday... I cn nva b fine wit dt type of side effect abeg.. Let me even burst ur brain, i only had it 4 2weeks n i bleeded 4 almst dt two weeks imagine... Mk family planning go n stay him place abeg, wil nva hv any in me anymore

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bennytwin: 9:57am On May 24, 2022
Linda2019:
Thanks a lot mummy, please can this fungal infection also cause boil, because I noticed she has boils on her scalp.

Hope this is not late.
No dear
Boil is mainly bacteria infection. If it is on ur baby's head,you can rub extra virgin coconut oil. Coconut oil has antibacterial properties. The boil is meant to resolve within two weeks.
Remember to always keep the area clean and to prevent spread. If it hasnt and the case is severe,you can take ur baby to see a doctor to prescribe safe antibiotics.
Kisses to the little one.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldie50: 10:09am On May 24, 2022
Good day mamas. Please who has used "mamaOlogi" pap products for their little ones? They are on Instagram. They sell different varieties of pap for babies. I want to get reviews before I start patronizing them.
Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lizzieo(f): 2:18pm On May 24, 2022
kokaiye:
had mine removed oo, i had d neplanon implant. I did d removal mysef, i was annoyed n irritated cs i was bleeding everyday... I cn nva b fine wit dt type of side effect abeg.. Let me even burst ur brain, i only had it 4 2weeks n i bleeded 4 almst dt two weeks imagine... Mk family planning go n stay him place abeg, wil nva hv any in me anymore
hmmmmm,may God help us ooooooo. What preventive method will u now use?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whiteMandingo: 4:07pm On May 24, 2022
Lizzieo:

abstinence, my dear.....abstinence grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, you can never go wrong with abstinence
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ebowo(f): 4:55pm On May 24, 2022
whiteMandingo lolpost=113133171:

abstinence, my dear.....abstinence grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, you can never go wrong with abstinence

Have sex only on safe days...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fruitfulvinee: 5:29pm On May 24, 2022
Goldie50:
Good day mamas. Please who has used "mamaOlogi" pap products for their little ones? They are on Instagram. They sell different varieties of pap for babies. I want to get reviews before I start patronizing them.
Thank you.

I only buy date syrup from her.
I have someone that helps with the pap, all I do is buy the ingredients myself.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldie50: 2:49am On May 25, 2022
Okay Ma. Thank you for your response. How has the date syrup been? Is it good?

Fruitfulvinee:

I only buy date syrup from her.
I have someone that helps with the pap, all I do is buy the ingredients myself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 8:41am On May 25, 2022
Bennytwin:

Hope this is not late.
No dear
Boil is mainly bacteria infection. If it is on ur baby's head,you can rub extra virgin coconut oil. Coconut oil has antibacterial properties. The boil is meant to resolve within two weeks.
Remember to always keep the area clean and to prevent spread. If it hasnt and the case is severe,you can take ur baby to see a doctor to prescribe safe antibiotics.
Kisses to the little one.
Thank you very much for your reply I took her to the hospital and was told it's infection but I was prescribed Olicef antibiotics and vitamin C.... the boils have completely cleared up.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 11:36am On May 25, 2022
Lizzieo:

non forever!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 11:38am On May 25, 2022
whiteMandingo:

u r funny... Abstinence for married woman... Lol, i laugh in spanish

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lizzieo(f): 12:11pm On May 25, 2022
kokaiye:
non forever!!!!!!!!! grin
Hmmmmmm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fruitfulvinee: 12:59pm On May 25, 2022
Goldie50:
Okay Ma. Thank you for your response. How has the date syrup been? Is it good?

The taste is nice ma. You'll love it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ennon92(m): 3:50pm On May 25, 2022
Good day Mothers, trust our LO's are doing great.

My baby of 2 months plus finds it hard to poop, he is being breastfed and started giving him food 3 weeks ago but not constant unlike the breast milk..We've been giving him water, we were told to get him baby's vitamin c yet he hasn't poo for the past 3 days as such grunts, cry and stretch so much. Can we dilute orange in his water for consumption?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lolibunm: 10:02pm On May 25, 2022
I just weaned my son.His refusing to eat any food .I do force him to take somtin.Please what can I give him for strength and appetite
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mamabella: 3:11am On May 26, 2022
Good morning mama's. My baby of 7 months hardly eats like dat . in a day she eats 5-6times she is still battling with 100ml or less sef . Pls I was giving her abide den when it finished I switch to well kids . But is ABIDEC better In boasting her appetite Dan the WELLKIDS . If any one knows how to boast her appetite to pls let me know... she is 7month and not yet weighing up to 7kg but her birth weight was small too she weighed 2.6kg at birth . Pls your reply will be highly appreciated
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lolibunm: 3:17am On May 26, 2022
I just weaned my son.His refusing to eat any food .I do force him to take somtin.Please what can I give him for strength and appetite
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ovems(f): 5:32am On May 26, 2022
Please experienced mothers, how can I help a 6year old stop bedwetting?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 9:41am On May 26, 2022
Ovems:
Please experienced mothers, how can I help a 6year old stop bedwetting?
Much of the work lies on you mama.. Once it's 6pm,let his water intake be drastically reduced, also cut out late night eating (even for snacks that daddy brought back from work). Then ensure he pees before sleeping. If he pees and sleeps on the couch, ensure you make him pee before transferring him to bed, then try 30mins interval of waking him up to pee (you might have to carry him to the toilet), if he doesn't take him back to bed and give him a little more time.. Before you know it he'll start waking up by himself or might even go all night without peeing (yes, there are kids like that)...

Also reduce his playtime during the day cos they continue that play in their dreams and also run to the toilet in their dream which makes them wee in bed

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ovems(f): 1:05pm On May 26, 2022
Omakraid:

Much of the work lies on you mama.. Once it's 6pm,let his water intake be drastically reduced, also cut out late night eating (even for snacks that daddy brought back from work). Then ensure he pees before sleeping. If he pees and sleeps on the couch, ensure you make him pee before transferring him to bed, then try 30mins interval of waking him up to pee (you might have to carry him to the toilet), if he doesn't take him back to bed and give him a little more time.. Before you know it he'll start waking up by himself or might even go all night without peeing (yes, there are kids like that)...

Also reduce his playtime during the day cos they continue that play in their dreams and also run to the toilet in their dream which makes them wee in bed

Thanks so much! Really appreciate your response. He doesn't drink water after 7pm. By 6:30pm they are done with dinner. He stopped at a point but it's started again now that the weather is cold. But even when it stopped,I was still concerned because he still wasn't waking up on his own to pee. Just that the interval he pees was longer so we were able to take him to pee at the right time. I just pray that its a phase that will end soon.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 3:58pm On May 26, 2022
Good afternoon mums please o we went for immunization and my one month old daughter was given injections on her thighs she cried for a while and sucked then slept, she just woke up since morning we returned for over 30 minutes now she has been crying especially when you try to carry her. She has totally refused to eat or even suck at all and she is also running temperature. Please I'm really worried.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by horhizah(f): 4:07pm On May 26, 2022
Linda2019:
Good afternoon mums please o we went for immunization and my one month old daughter was given injections on her thighs she cried for a while and sucked then slept, she just woke up since morning we returned for over 30 minutes now she has been crying especially when you try to carry her. She has totally refused to eat or even suck at all and she is also running temperature. Please I'm really worried.
Don't be worried, it's normal. Tepid sponge her to reduce the temperature and give her paracetamol. In less than 48 hours, everything will normalize.

Prepare you mind for 10 and 14 weeks immunization because she will cry and run temperature. Just give paracetamol and tepid sponge. Don't be worried.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 4:23pm On May 26, 2022
horhizah:

Don't be worried, it's normal. Tepid sponge her to reduce the temperature and give her paracetamol. In less than 48 hours, everything will normalize.

Prepare you mind for 10 and 14 weeks immunization because she will cry and run temperature. Just give paracetamol and tepid sponge. Don't be worried.
thanks a lot... the big issue now is that she has refused sucking completely and hasn't eaten since morning.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bennytwin: 8:13pm On May 26, 2022
Linda2019:
thanks a lot... the big issue now is that she has refused sucking completely and hasn't eaten since morning.

Can u express and try and give her with spoon?
Once it enters her mouth,she will swallow.
Dont worry,keep giving the paracetamol every 6 hours,when the fever abates,she will start sucking again...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 11:29pm On May 26, 2022
Bennytwin:

Can u express and try and give her with spoon?
Once it enters her mouth,she will swallow.
Dont worry,keep giving the paracetamol every 6 hours,when the fever abates,she will start sucking again...
smileyshe started eating this evening thank God. Thank you very much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by meetmal03(f): 4:17am On May 27, 2022
Become a wholesaler of these amazing baby items.
No matter the economy, people always have children and they must clothe them right?

This business moves well and you can sell off easily from the comfort of your home.

The more unique and attractive the items, the faster you sell as people cannot say no to them.

Contact us on 08104323941 if you are interested in wholesaling or dropshipping to see many more items.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by horhizah(f): 6:44pm On May 27, 2022
Linda2019:

You are welcome. How is she now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sophiemama: 7:57pm On May 27, 2022
meetmal03:
Become a wholesaler of these amazing baby items.
No matter the economy, people always have children and they must clothe them right?

This business moves well and you can sell off easily from the comfort of your home.

The more unique and attractive the items, the faster you sell as people cannot say no to them.

Contact us on 08104323941 if you are interested in wholesaling or dropshipping to see many more items.
Hello, I'm interested. I hope they are as lovely as you have here, and affordable?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2459) (2460) (2461) (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.