Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4385437 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
aye88:
Hello great great mama's, please come to my aid. I never in my widest dream thought I will be in this situation even when this has been discussed severally here. My baby just clocked 6months. She's been on Exculsive breastmilk. While on EBF, I usually express whenever I wasn't home and she was been bottle fed. Even when we go out, we bottlefeed her with breastmilk and there's been no issue. But recently I noticed each time we try to bottle feed her with the breastmilk, she rather plays with the bottle teet or useses it to scratch her gum. I didn't see that as abigdeal anyway cosshe still ends up drinking it though it takes longer. Now she's on Enfamil and it's been war. Initially she will play with the teet and drink and play again. But nowshe doesn't even want. The moment I bring the bottle to her mouth, she starts pulling back. Initially I tried spoon, she took it but now bothe spoon and bottle is war. I've tried the ready to feed Enfamil and the powdered Enfamil, im tired. Though it's been two days we started ds journey. My husband has also tried to feed her samle thing. Didn't know we will have this issue cos she took the breastmilk well with the bottle. And prior to now she usually tries to eat our food whenever we eat. She struggles with my hand and tries to bring it to her mouth . So I knew she was ready to start on solid.
Pls mama's, what do we do. I have similac too at home, shld I try that with her, maybe it's enfamil taste she doesn't like or continue to battle with her till she accpets the bottle. Thanks all
my ds rejected bottIe and spoon but accepts cup,my dear this kids can be funny @ times,and try to start her on soIid
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
Good afternoon 2 all mamas in da house.. We re just coming back from our 10wks immunization.Pls o hw do u mamas calculate ur appt day? Is it from d day u give birth or from d day ur baby was immunized? Cos dis nurses re getting me confused. Some says u start counting frm d day u gave birth n others says u start frm d day u gave ur baby BCG...I dnt knw wat 2 blive again o,pls help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
aye88:
Hello great great mama's, please come to my aid. Thanks all
Have you tried other bottles; tommy tippee, avent, etc
Also Try sippy cup
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
Mine is about the poo ish o please.
My DS was pooing with lots of mucus, I tok him to see a pead who prescribed flagyl 2.5ml 3times daily for 5days. Now there's no mucus but he has pooed 5 times already. He's 4m+ and on EBF.

Kaffy4bill, tchiwinnie, sabi mamas please respond. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by aye88: 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
favoredgal:

Have you tried other bottles; tommy tippee, avent, etc
Also Try sippy cup

She's presently using Avent. I tried Nuk bottle today. Mayb I will try the sippy cup then
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
customised87:

Yes, thats the way it is. You have to pay 19500 2 times and maybe 13k the 3rd time. Cos one of the vaccine is just 2 doses. It is well my sis.

Na em be say we get luck here o...I paid #60 only 4 our 6wks injections n same #60 4 our 10wks injections today!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
kodylicky:
Good morning mums,

I'm a FTM and dis is my first post here. My DS is 3weeks old. He seems to wriggle and cry a lot when breastfeeding.

I put him on his tommy when he sleeps and he still wriggles like he is in pains and keeps waking up.

Any ideas what dis could

I'm totally exhausted n just feel like crying.

Please help.

Pele. Before this develops into colic, try not taking milk or gassy foods and see if it works. What you described is something irritating your baby's stomach, it could be lactose-intolerance so eliminate that first. Also look up Acid Reflux in babies. Look for solutions until you. have gone through all with no improvement before. you rule colic (a lot of cloic cases was the baby uncomfortable about something and no-one caught it, my Baby E was like that and everyone said "colic", when it was a lot of gas from her not liking Enfamil). If all that doesn't work, then it's most likely colic and bat down the hatches, you'll live through it. Pele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hernyolar:
@Ayobarmy.
She has to run away from milk and milk products, yoghurt. I avoided beans too during mine
My Dd had colic and I didn't use any drugs, though it ain't easy seeing your baby in pain.
I only ensured she's burped well after each feed, then I massage her tommy with warm water.
All these drugs contains alcohol, it doesn't reduce the pain, it only makes them sleep and after they wake, the routine continues. Nospamin, gripe water, copom amidst others should be avoided as much as possible except in very chronic cases of colic.
my love to the LO.

But I do take milk,egg n yoghurt n my baby is just fine...He doesn't experience colic pain except I eat beans.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pwettytemmy(f): 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
GOod afternoon Sabi mamas pls my lo is 9 weeks old and he's on ebf. but I noticed dat he farts a lot any time i take beans and the smell no be here at all. Pls is this normal.
cc nurse kaffy4bill
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
modath:

Amen oooo, but the Most Merciful Father has a way of ensuring balance...

Most often that not,E nor dey give person wetin e nor fit carry, some babies will start watery akamu @ 1mth & look like a pears baby of the year, while some will have their mamas switching them from Similac to Enfamil to Aptamil back to Similac & still look like baby Alinco.. grin

E go better for us all...

Modath wan kill person ooooo. Baby Alinco, got me laughing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
sayoberry:
Mamas of kings and queens. I miss una. I've been busy. I've been so busy that I can't remember d last time I made my hair.

Please I need lecture on "clingy baby 101"

Before I run from home.

Please don't run o. Iya ibeji grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
aye88:
Hello great great mama's, please come to my aid. I never in my widest dream thought I will be in this situation even when this has been discussed severally here. My baby just clocked 6months. She's been on Exculsive breastmilk. While on EBF, I usually express whenever I wasn't home and she was been bottle fed. Even when we go out, we bottlefeed her with breastmilk and there's been no issue. But recently I noticed each time we try to bottle feed her with the breastmilk, she rather plays with the bottle teet or useses it to scratch her gum. I didn't see that as abigdeal anyway cosshe still ends up drinking it though it takes longer. Now she's on Enfamil and it's been war. Initially she will play with the teet and drink and play again. But nowshe doesn't even want. The moment I bring the bottle to her mouth, she starts pulling back. Initially I tried spoon, she took it but now bothe spoon and bottle is war. I've tried the ready to feed Enfamil and the powdered Enfamil, im tired. Though it's been two days we started ds journey. My husband has also tried to feed her samle thing. Didn't know we will have this issue cos she took the breastmilk well with the bottle. And prior to now she usually tries to eat our food whenever we eat. She struggles with my hand and tries to bring it to her mouth . So I knew she was ready to start on solid.
Pls mama's, what do we do. I have similac too at home, shld I try that with her, maybe it's enfamil taste she doesn't like or continue to battle with her till she accpets the bottle. Thanks all

In addition to what others have said, your baby may be interested in natural foods than formular or cereals. It's not too early to start well cooked, very soft pureed or mashed foods like potato, rice, amala, moimoi, avocado and so on.
Another issue may also be variety. Some babies don't like to eat same thing over and over again. So you might want to vary what you giver per time in the day. maybe alternate the cereals, formula and natural foods.
I hope these tips help.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by testimonylife(f): 3:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
mytestimony:

My baby purged for one week 2 days. Its was frustrating seeing my chubby baby lose weight drastically. I was giving zinc and ors.
I hope she has gone back to her chubby size now cos that's what happened to my Baby. God bless them for us.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
proudmom38:
Good afternoon 2 all mamas in da house.. We re just coming back from our 10wks immunization.Pls o hw do u mamas calculate ur appt day? Is it from d day u give birth or from d day ur baby was immunized? Cos dis nurses re getting me confused. Some says u start counting frm d day u gave birth n others says u start frm d day u gave ur baby BCG...I dnt knw wat 2 blive again o,pls help.
It's calculated from the day you gave birth. But some hospitals dont give everyday. They have specific days so it's the specific day after your baby clocks d immunization week. Like if ur hospital gives on Tuesdays and ur baby is 10 weeks on Thursday, u take him the following Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
proudmom38:

But I do take milk,egg n yoghurt n my baby is just fine...He doesn't experience colic pain except I eat beans.

I never said these foods causes colic in babies. I'm only trying to say they 'might' likely worsen colic in babies.
Babies differs and mother's system varies too.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
pwettytemmy:
GOod afternoon Sabi mamas pls my lo is 9 weeks old and he's on ebf. but I noticed dat he farts a lot any time i take beans and the smell no be here at all. Pls is this normal.
cc nurse kaffy4bill

U mite hv to cut down on d beans cos the baby get wat u eat.
Hope this helps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kodylicky(f): 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
Thanks a lot kaffy n all mums.

I'm holding on strong. Really hurts to see him in pains for 3months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NwabuezeWini: 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
cancerlib:
Pls does anyone know De Prince supermarket? Are they well stocked in baby food? Shoprite Ikeja is heartbreaking! Or any other good store pls.....ogba, Ikeja, Berger axis
Tx

Go to alade market u will see all kinds of baaby food u are looking for at a very good price

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
proudmom38:

Na em be say we get luck here o...I paid #60 only 4 our 6wks injections n same #60 4 our 10wks injections today!

Did you get rotavirus and pnneumonical
Where is this clinic? Let me port asap
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
beedam:

Modath wan kill person ooooo. Baby Alinco, got me laughing.

cheesy grin cheesy grin

Senior beedam to sure, awon temi, awon eeyan pataki.. longest time, senior boy nko? wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 7:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
proudmom38:
The hospital i use give u ur nxt appointment date one ur immunization card.although they started counting from the day i gave birth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
proudmom38:

Pls did they gave u rotavirus n pneumococcal on same #60?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
@sayoberry,
Iya Edunjobi,iya ejire Oyila... E hug, , no advise but to just say God bless all of you..... once babies already master dem mama face & begin to cling, na either of two things carry them or watch them cry, I can't do the latter, so..... E- hug again.... kiss kiss

@proudmom38,
Owo meta loke f'eyan kan... bobo proudy mi nko? .

@kimoni, @lovinam @zaynie @Megilicious @tchwinnie @missmalachi @chinwendym @onegai @Mytestimony @mgeey @Doubledouble @safe06, @Hafsat24 @tikosdear, @kaffy4bill any mama i miss, its not disregard ooo, na names pass me...

How are we all doing, God bless us all. kiss

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
modath:

cheesy grin cheesy grin

Senior beedam to sure, awon temi, awon eeyan pataki.. longest time, senior boy nko? wink

Senior boy dey o. He is going to 9 months now. How is your baby doing too?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
Please mothers living in Ekiti, where can I get a nice affordable photo studio in Ado??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
modath:

@sayoberry,
Iya Edunjobi,iya ejire Oyila... E hug, , no advise but to just say God bless all of you..... once babies already master dem mama face & begin to cling, na either of two things carry them or watch them cry, I can't do the latter, so..... E- hug again.... kiss kiss

@proudmom38,

@kimoni, @lovinam @zaynie @Megilicious @tchwinnie @missmalachi @chinwendym @onegai @Mytestimony @mgeey @Doubledouble @safe06, @Hafsat24 @tikosdear, @kaffy4bill any mama i miss, its not disregard ooo, na names pass me...

We r doing great o jare, my lil madam no gree sleep. How r u n urs?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 17, 2015
proudmom38:

Each baby system differs. What works for one might not work for the other. For example in my case I Thot it was colic, I started giving him infacol that made him develop acid reflux. It was not until I adjusted my diet that his condition improved.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 6:53am On Oct 17, 2015
testimonylife:

I hope she has gone back to her chubby size now cos that's what happened to my Baby. God bless them for us.
Sharp sharp o. The rate at which she is eating now eh. And she prefers adult food. Thank God o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 6:56am On Oct 17, 2015
modath:

@sayoberry,

@proudmom38,

Thanks for the mention. We are fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 6:58am On Oct 17, 2015
Abeg mske una help me o. Since my baby fell ill till now she has becoming so clingy. If anyone carries her na scream o. Infact if someone carries her nd she sees me going na scream. How do I stop this o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 7:26am On Oct 17, 2015
mytestimony:
Abeg mske una help me o. Since my baby fell ill till now she has becoming so clingy. If anyone carries her na scream o. Infact if someone carries her nd she sees me going na scream. How do I stop this o.

I know sure say my own reach ur own. She smiles wit pple o BT ny attempt 2 carry her is war. And her voice is so loud its a wonder dey av not pursued us 4rm my work place. If she isnot sleeping n iI av work in d office den I av 2 carry her or back. I've planned 2 go drop her in day care by January. Make she dey shout 4 dia ears deer. She ll b 1 ending of dis mth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 8:14am On Oct 17, 2015
Hernyolar:
Please mothers living in Ekiti, where can I get a nice affordable photo studio in Ado??

morning madam. I'm also interested o. I used little by little at ajilosun. it's after Fayose market. a storey building n quite popular. don't know if it's cheap o.maybe a tiny bit pricey. maybe cos they do lots of graphic works there generally.
their photo studio isn't so nice. they just snap with the white background n edit, change background plus add diff graphics on d computer before printing

I've also seen another little by little studio around that ijigbo roundabout.

pls let me know if u get a nice one other than them

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.