Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,433 members, 7,801,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4383870 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
julicoka: Hello great mummies in d house how una dey how is our babies doing.pls i real need ur helps urgent,my baby is not eating since i started weaning her,she is now 10month now since today she ve not eating any tin,she is tearing my cloth to suck pls mothers i want to stop her breast will it affect her since she is not collecting anytin except breast,pls mothers i will go to batch C service which is on november am thinnking on taking her to my sister at onitsha to stay with her during d three weeks camp activity pls mothers what do u ve to say about dis my thinking issue pls i need ur advice urgently

my sis i dey feel ur pain o. Kai ds is real whahala. IMO, i think u might have to force feed her with pap n milk n u ll hav to harden ur heart coz she'll cry a lot. When my baby ws lyk dt, initially i let her, but then i noticed she wsnt gainin weight. It ws a nursing mum i met @ d immunisation center who told me dt if i dnt force feed her she wont eat. I ws left with no choice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
julicoka: Hello great mummies in d house how una dey how is our babies doing.pls i real need ur helps urgent,my baby is not eating since i started weaning her,she is now 10month now since today she ve not eating any tin,she is tearing my cloth to suck pls mothers i want to stop her breast will it affect her since she is not collecting anytin except breast,pls mothers i will go to batch C service which is on november am thinnking on taking her to my sister at onitsha to stay with her during d three weeks camp activity pls mothers what do u ve to say about dis my thinking issue pls i need ur advice urgently

my sis i dey feel ur pain o. Kai ds is real whahala. IMO, i think u might have to force feed her with pap n milk n u ll hav to harden ur heart coz she'll cry a lot. When my baby ws lyk dt, initially i let her, but then i noticed she wsnt gainin weight. It ws a nursing mum i met @ d immunisation center who told me dt if i dnt force feed her she wont eat. I ws left with no choice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2013

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
My sweeties,

no one is responding on the complan question o. Abeg, i asked weder complan de come in form of powdered milk like others or in a drink form?

just confused.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
Complan comes in powdered form,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
fetok: Hello Mummies in the house.
Am a new mother with 10days old baby Boy.
My Baby doesnt sleep @night and some one said He is having on His head,Oka-Ori in yoruba{soft spot}.
Pls is there anything like that?if yes,
what are the symptoms and remedies?Thanks

from my experience oka is real. Not an ailment but part of delivery process.
Its hs nothing to do with sleep its just d skull closing up. Pls dont fret.
Put ur hand on ur babys' head and trace it from d front (forehead or d soft spot)straight to d back (d neck @ d back) to knw hw wide it is. From experience with my baby i noticed she poops little poops alot.
Dont let anyone tell u to give him agbo to drink.
Here is what i did. Go to elewe omo n ask for 'oka'. There is a number for boys- i think 5 not sure anymore. When u buy it, soak it in water for 3days. After d 3rd day, scoop d water with ur hand n wash his head 3ce. Pls do not give him to drink.
Another option is for u to get silverbird n mix with ur babys oil. Apply it to his soft spot n cover his head. This also helps with cold n catarh. In my own case, i did both for faster result.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 9:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
ify's world:
@Jade, de tinture is for cough. But as for catarr u cant go wrong with hot water and steam bathing. Ugh, ur mumsie concortion strongoo ginger and lime, dats hot mehn. My twins now walk, but na wahala, for dey are everywhere, scattering things ehnn. Dis boys no go kill me. But de good side is pursing dem up and down is a good exercise for me. Who knows if i can shed some pounds. Lol. @Julicoka, dis one all of una dey show for my country side. Una go pay tax ooo. Infact, make i go block una for niger bridge. Welcome dearies.
hahahaha abeg no block us, but i dey fear onitsha wahala,to stop at dat upper iweka na wahala ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by limsycutey(f): 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hello mummies, hope we are all doing fine.
My baby girl is five months old, I have been doing exclusive, I want to start supplementing with formula once she's six months old. I like aptamil but it's too expensive so I'm leaning towards sma and cow and gate, I know babies are different, but I want to know the experience other moms have had with them.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eventsmama: 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
@ fetok,(oka ori)that is the opening of baby's head is real o,my baby is 15weeks now and he had dis toka ori) when I gave birth to him..I went to the market to meet dis (elewe omo) and they gv me agbo and I gv him to drink n I ws given grinded oka to rub on his head,he started sleeping @ nite d following day n the stuff on his head vanishd. Winthin two weeks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hello mums. How aяε we doing? And our LO. Please ooo my baby has what we call nlacha in Ibo. I don't know the English name. What can I use to treat it. And another thing, my baby will be 3 months by 20th of dis month an he is no† carrying his head yet. What do I do. He is very chubby.
God bless all of our households in Jesus name amen.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2013
veronix: Hello mums. How aяε we doing? And our LO. Please ooo my baby has what we call nlacha in Ibo. I don't know the English name. What can I use to treat it. And another thing, my baby will be 3 months by 20th of dis month an he is no† carrying his head yet. What do I do. He is very chubby.
God bless all of our households in Jesus name amen.
My Babe had it on her back @4month, my paed saaid it will dsappear on its own, that its nothin, but I used Ori n Baby tribotan and it gradually dsappeared
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
limsycutey: Hello mummies, hope we are all doing fine.
My baby girl is five months old, I have been doing exclusive, I want to start supplementing with formula once she's six months old. I like aptamil but it's too expensive so I'm leaning towards sma and cow and gate, I know babies are different, but I want to know the experience other moms have had with them.
All baby 4mula are gud,it all depend on the baby, like U mentioned Babies are different.wht is gud 4one myt not be 4the oda but †ЂΞ bottom line is whceva 4mula u choose make sure u get the original, especially SMA, preparation process is very Clean/Sterilised. Watch out 4any reaction once U intoduce 4mula
GdLuck Dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by udoka2: 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
@mums
no vex...i will soon graduate to this section IJN. everybody keep saying aptamil is expensive, but nobody has given the cost. Pls how much is it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layolaw(f): 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
hello mummies, long time, pls. my 3 yrs. boy 've been 4rm one thing to another nw dat l don't even know what to do again, took him to paed, treat him for malaria, still the same, later he says its measles after treatment he still complaing about stomach pain, we run about 4 test (bloo,urine & stool) detect some kind of infection inside the stool and was given drugs to take but my fear now is that if he eat the stomach will be somehow big as if the food didn't digest, then poop plenty & watery & don't eat though my hubs is saying maybe we shld take him to another hospital but ''lm really confused
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
Jade William:
Since d other twin likes feeder,express&giv him.My baby prefered feeder wen sh was young so &giv.NAN causes constipation.That I experienced but its betta ur baby constipates than purge.Do d normal scoopin.Not a full spoon but a leveled spoon.Mayb we were ova addin d milk or doin somthng wrong but my baby can stay 5days without pooin.Another good milk is SMA gold(made my baby purge&sh rejected it but took NAN til sh got 2a year then I switched 2peak 123&Complan) but there lots of imitations in d markt cos I don't knw if I bought d imitation.Another good one dat my anty used is Isomil (it contains soya (my baby didn't really lik it).Aptamil is so so so good&wil mak ur baby brainy&plumpy but its damn 2expensive.Its abt 4,500 cos its frm UK&u hav twins.If u hav somone in UK,d persn can send it 2u.It shld b cheaper there.I'l find out frm my frnds there.U hav twins so don't go 4thngs dat drag ur husbnd dwn cos pampers alone can b exhorbitant.Another good one is Emfamil&similac.Also frm UK.They mak kids super smart.

udoka: 4k5 in naira but about 10 pounds from the uk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chickygirl: 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
hello mothers in d house, one of my twins of 2 months plus is abt developing yam leg..pls what can i do 2 stop it..ur reponse is realy needed..tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by limsycutey(f): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
Wendy80:
All baby 4mula are gud,it all depend on the baby, like U mentioned Babies are different.wht is gud 4one myt not be 4the oda but †ЂΞ bottom line is whceva 4mula u choose make sure u get the original, especially SMA, preparation process is very Clean/Sterilised. Watch out 4any reaction once U intoduce 4mula
GdLuck Dear
Ok, thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
chicky-girl:
hello mothers in d house, one of my twins of 2 months plus is abt developing yam leg..pls what can i do 2 stop it..ur reponse is realy needed..tnx
This is hilarious. Nothing man picken no go see. Yam legs @ 2mths. I fear 4 uooo. U no go leave picken make i be as God create am. All these ajebo-mamas make una free me. Soon dem go prescribe surgery, mmmhhh. Abeg harvest de yam roast am for me joor make i enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
ify's world:
This is hilarious. Nothing man picken no go see. Yam legs @ 2mths. I fear 4 uooo. U no go leave picken make i be as God create am. All these ajebo-mamas make una free me. Soon dem go prescribe surgery, mmmhhh. Abeg harvest de yam roast am for me joor make i enjoy.

i tire o. abeg leave baby joor. is he walking yet? dont u have 'yam' for leg?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
@Chicky-Girl, if its bow leg u're refering to, I read they normally outgrow it when they start walking. One of my boys had it at a very age too but its not so bad now as he's standing and walking gradually. The only thg I did sha was to prevent my nanny from carrying him too much on the back. They started backing that particular boy at an early age cos he was really turbulent. Though my ped said that wasn't the cause of the bow leg and assured us he will outgrow it. Just let them eat right and get all the basic nutient.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
@Blendy, your boys areadly walking? Waooo, time time, just a matter of time and all become tori.

@Chicky, take your kid out in the early morning sun, its a very good source of vit D that helps kids grow well. Do this for three to four weeks, you will see changes in his bow leg becoming straight legs.

My hubby's inlaw is a doctor, when he was still in school then and went for holiday, he will ask him to walk his son who was developing bow leg, he did it and that was it. So try take you son/daughter out in the early morning sun and return home like an hour or 30 minutes later, and as Blendy said in most cases they out grow it.

That's all you need.

@Omogemi, you are so funny.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 10, 2013
Hello mums in da house. Make una advice me on what to do. My baby is 2 months and 2 weeks. His head is not yet strong and my mum is worried cos he is not carrying his head yet. So she said, I shld not be feeding him always. She wants me to be timing it for him cos he is getting fat and becos of it he is not able to carry his head. Should I be worried that he is not carrying his head yet.
I love my baby so much and moreover he is my first issue.
Please at What month do they start carrying their head?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
veronix: Hello mums in da house. Make una advice me on what to do. My baby is 2 months and 2 weeks. His head is not yet strong and my mum is worried cos he is not carrying his head yet. So she said, I shld not be feeding him always. She wants me to be timing it for him cos he is getting fat and becos of it he is not able to carry his head. Should I be worried that he is not carrying his head yet.
I love my baby so much and moreover he is my first issue.
Please at What month do they start carrying their head?
Des somthn called Tummy time, it means U lie ur baby on his tummy while U watch, dis help †ЂΞ neck muscle so as tto carry the head. Mind U most babies don't like tummy time. U can google tummy time so u learn more or read ds

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/baby/tummy-time-for-babies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 3:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
Layolaw: hello mummies, long time, pls. my 3 yrs. boy 've been 4rm one thing to another nw dat l don't even know what to do again, took him to paed, treat him for malaria, still the same, later he says its measles after treatment he still complaing about stomach pain, we run about 4 test (bloo,urine & stool) detect some kind of infection inside the stool and was given drugs to take but my fear now is that if he eat the stomach will be somehow big as if the food didn't digest, then poop plenty & watery & don't eat though my hubs is saying maybe we shld take him to another hospital but ''lm really confused
I think u shld get a 2nd opinion frm another hospital cos frm wot u described,if u feel d food isn't digestin or ur baby's tommy is distended;aren't they supposed 2giv u gestid? Mayb go 2another hospital joor.And wen last did u deworm him?
2ndly,do they feed him in sch (as in sch food)? Cos he might b reactin 2a food.U read where @iamteekaygal described wot her son went thru afta sh gav him yam ball so dats another thng u hav 2figure out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
imurboss: @Jade,thanks a lot for ur reply.I really appreciate ur concern,i'll definetely stick to ur advice.I'm only worried as a mother i'll back it up with prayers!
Thanks all mothers for ur concern!God bless and keep our babies IJN
U'r welcome sweets.U'v heard other darling mothers talk about d effectiveness of early morning sun on bowleg so abeg,b bringin out ur princess in d mornin;frm 7/8 - 9am for Vit D.Don't let d bowleg thng bother u.It'l surely straighten iJN
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hummingbird: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
cry jst coming back from the clinic..cnt bliv d PT test was positive..the doc said th sharp pain I complained about was because a foetus was implanting itsef... cry now I dnt even know wia to go,how do I tell hubby,ao do I cope?? sad

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
My Fellow Mothers, pls how often should a 7month old feed? Every 2 or 3hrs? Urgently ans pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
Prettyrosefave its just one of them o, my turbulent smallie with bowleg. He's actually very fast. No time to waste. The senior bros is still trying to perfect his standing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hummingbird: cry jst coming back from the clinic..cnt bliv d PT test was positive..the doc said th sharp pain I complained about was because a foetus was implanting itsef... cry now I dnt even know wia to go,how do I tell hubby,ao do I cope?? sad
Hey girl, i wish i know what to tell u. But wait, where is Jade? I know she must have a solution. This one toughooo. U need wisdom my dear. My first was 6mths old when i took in for de twins. Dats why i quickly went for fp. I suffer ehhh, uterine prolapse et al. But first, tell DH, he needs to be carried along. May de wisdom and grace of God be with u. Hugs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamteekaygal(f): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
Jade William: @iamteekaygal thank God ur baby's ok.Mayb u shld try 2deworm him too if u havn't done so in d past 3mths.God wil help us al.Didn't knw dat yam can actually do dat.One of my frnds told me dat her son reacts to egg.Na wa o

Thanks a lot @ Jade, I actually deworm him 2mnths ago, he is due again by nxt month. The cause was not the real yam o, its the yam they use in making 'ikokore'. I think its called water yam or so, but what I fried is called 'ojojo' in yoruba sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by udoka2: 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
Thanks sis for d answer.

@hummingbird
May what happened to u happen to me IJN.

BTW is this ur 3years leave from pregancy thread lol

Pele o oo one mans meat na another kpoomo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
@Hummingbird, waoooo, I signed in to congratulate you and also tap of your blessings, in the name that is above every name , the name of Jesus ,God will bless me with twins and in four months I will get preggy again. Amen.

Am happy for you dear, don't cry, rather kneel down and praise God for Him. You will cope ok. I will remember you in my prayers. God Himself will carry the baby for you. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.