Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,406 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4384878 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
tjskii: The ring was also used for my 2sons,and we didn't apply anything,therz realy no nid for penicilin and such,d docs know wat thyr saying,wen they advised against it,so just bathe him normally(I used a cloth to pour water on his body,so dt d force of water poured out of a bowl on his body wudnt hurt his peepee)and make use of his diapers(dont just leav his bumm open, d weather is too chilly for that)also u mite see some blood on d diapers,don't panic,tis normal cheesy

Thank you ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
jam04: My baby( who is just 2 weeks old) has refused to stool. The last time he pass our feaces was Saturday. He has been releasing farts through but no feaces...is this okay? If not, what can we give him to assist him?

Thanks

Dip a cottonbud in baby mentholatum & insert in baby bum, giv a couple of minutes & watch the poop come out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
jam04: My baby( who is just 2 weeks old) has refused to stool. The last time he pass our feaces was Saturday. He has been releasing farts through but no feaces...is this okay? If not, what can we give him to assist him?

Thanks

Dip a cottonbud in baby mentholatum & insert in baby bum, giv a couple of minutes & watch the poop come out cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
@jam04,babies sometimes withold poop for a couple of days,they use it to add weight,so I'm told(one of my kids.didn't poop for bout 8days,rushd him to d clinik but was told he was fine and wud poop wen ready)but I cudnt wait,so I put cottonbud in vaseline and stuck it in his bum :Dworked lik magic
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 5:10am On Nov 06, 2013
maxiflexi:

Dip a cottonbud in baby mentholatum & insert in baby bum, giv a couple of minutes & watch the poop come out cheesy

Mother-in-law tried this 3 times but poop did not come
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 5:10am On Nov 06, 2013
tjskii: @jam04,babies sometimes withold poop for a couple of days,they use it to add weight,so I'm told(one of my kids.didn't poop for bout 8days,rushd him to d clinik but was told he was fine and wud poop wen ready)but I cudnt wait,so I put cottonbud in vaseline and stuck it in his bum :Dworked lik magic

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 8:31am On Nov 06, 2013
Ahhh dt thing always works o,except d youngman dosnt av poop to pass yet cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jemigold: 9:38am On Nov 06, 2013
@Jam04, my baby girl did same, she didn't poop for almost 8 days. The doc said it was okay. But I waz worried. I had to give her gripe water and it worked.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 06, 2013

Thanks

I did the cotton bud therapy and my baby didn't poo. I was told to leave him that he will poo at his time. Guess I was too worried so I used that rubber (don't know what it is called) and pumped warm water in his tummy and he pooed. Later the boy started pooing on his own without and now he poos very well. Mine used to poo at every change of diaper when he was that age so I took him to the hospital, I was told to leave him alone. So when he didn't poo again I was worried. So I guess children are different.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 06, 2013
Mums in the house, my 7-months old boy has not crawled yet so kinda worried. Though he is making effort by using his tummy to shift backwards, then also moving in angle 360 degrees with his tummy. I have noticed one train in him, he wants to hold someone and stand. Always grabbing my clothes to try to stand up if I lie down on the mat with him.

Someone told me that children crawl faster in bare floor without stockings than with rug or mat and with stockings. Is there any thing I can do to aid him to crawl faster? I can't remove his stockings because of cold.

And can I introduce him to indomie with egg yoke at this stage? he is still on pap and cereal though I am forcing it on him cause he doesn't want to eat at times on his own. And please what other food can I give him at this stage.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 10:04am On Nov 06, 2013
jam04: Good morning to you all,
I have a 2.5 weeks old son who got circumcised few days ago. The type used was the 'ring' type circumcision method which my mother-in-law wasn't used to. After the process, the Dr told us not to apply anything on it until when the ring falls off and we should avoid contact with water.

However the 2nd day, my mother-in-law got worried about not applying anything(pennicilin balm and coconut oil mixture) on the p*nis and I started making enquiries from those that used this type of circumcision method for their son. A friend I called told they didn't apply anything as instructed but unfortunately, on the 3rd day, they noticed pus coming out of his p*nis and they had to use pennicillin balm.

So does anyone in here have his/her son circumcised with this method? And did you apply anything or leave it as it is? Any side effect if pennicilin balm and coconut oil mixture is applied on it?

Thanks
though u seem satisfied with the response you received to ur question i was compelled to tell u what i feel. circumsion is not easy on the mother not to talk of the baby especially when he wants to wee. my baby did the ring type too and we were told to apply only original goya annointing oil to it. we just poured the oil on the penis without using hands or any other thing. that way germs will not get to that area. although they told us we could use pampers, my mother in law sometimes let it open, she said it will help it heal faster and on the six day after circumcision, the ring fell out by itself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 10:32am On Nov 06, 2013
Icherishu:
Someone told me that children crawl faster in bare floor without stockings than with rug or mat and with stockings. Is there any thing I can do to aid him to crawl faster? I can't remove his stockings because of cold.
stockings.prevent babies from having that grip their legs needs to have with the floor to aid crawling and walking. if u will like for ur baby to start walking early, you might consider ditching the stocks and instead make the room where he is warm enough to prevent cold. you can also use menthol on his feets and hands to fight cold and wear him warm clothings. my baby used a rugged room to learn crawling and walking, and i like that becos it cushioned the effects of his fall so i don't have to be there evrytime. he is a year now and can walk on any surface.mats are slippery and can make him fall so avoid it. since he lies on his tummy, be raising him up to crawling position and if u like u can started pulling him to walking. some babies dont crawl and just start walking. but which every way, stocks will only prolong the time ur baby needs to start walking. when he starts walking well, u can use the stock again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 12:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
Been a long time you saw me! Hi y'all, how are the Lo's? Agiboma, and the OP of this thread, and everyone else? I haven't been here in a while, my hands have been so full with Madam, just had to drop a note today, will check in again soon, peace out!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
jemigold: @Jam04, my baby girl did same, she didn't poop for almost 8 days. The doc said it was okay. But I waz worried. I had to give her gripe water and it worked.

sorry...what is gripe water?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 1:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
Icherishu: Mums in the house, my 7-months old boy has not crawled yet so kinda worried. Though he is making effort by using his tummy to shift backwards, then also moving in angle 360 degrees with his tummy. I have noticed one train in him, he wants to hold someone and stand. Always grabbing my clothes to try to stand up if I lie down on the mat with him.

And can I introduce him to indomie with egg yoke at this stage? he is still on pap and cereal though I am forcing it on him cause he doesn't want to eat at times on his own. And please what other food can I give him at this stage.

My sis don't worry,there are some babies who move directly to walking without crawling,and it seems ur baby is one of such,just relax he'll walk wen hez good and ready,also concerning d noodles and egg,u can giv him d noodles,but u ave to wait till hez 9mnths before giving him eggyoke,and 1yr for eggwhite
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
ona2: stockings.prevent babies from having that grip their legs needs to have with the floor to aid crawling and walking. if u will like for ur baby to start walking early, you might consider ditching the stocks and instead make the room where he is warm enough to prevent cold. you can also use menthol on his feets and hands to fight cold and wear him warm clothings. my baby used a rugged room to learn crawling and walking, and i like that becos it cushioned the effects of his fall so i don't have to be there evrytime. he is a year now and can walk on any surface.mats are slippery and can make him fall so avoid it. since he lies on his tummy, be raising him up to crawling position and if u like u can started pulling him to walking. some babies dont crawl and just start walking. but which every way, stocks will only prolong the time ur baby needs to start walking. when he starts walking well, u can use the stock again.

Thank you I have been scared of cold that is why I didn't want to pull his stockings cos the last I did he caught cold. I will take to your advise by making the room warm for him. I think the children mat is also one of the causes for delay because it is kinda slippery. Though I am scared that if I leave him on the rug, he is going to start licking the rug which I feel it isn't that neat since some people step into the house with shoes. Thanks for the advise

tjskii:

My sis don't worry,there are some babies who move directly to walking without crawling,and it seems ur baby is one of such,just relax he'll walk wen hez good and ready,also concerning d noodles and egg,u can giv him d noodles,but u ave to wait till hez 9mnths before giving him eggyoke,and 1yr for eggwhite

I am seeing that trait in him. He just lies on his tummy and pushes backwards but immediately you sit beside him the next thing he does is trying to hold you to stand up. Thanks for the egg yoke advise, it is good to hear from different angle.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sunavico(f): 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
jam04:

Your baby will poop just be calm.Last week my baby didn't poo for 5 days.I was worried then I did d cottonbud n mentholata stuff.After abt 3 trials,she pooed.I noticed she had gained more weigh afterwards.So it's most likely your baby wants 2 add on weight.In as much as he/she is comfortable then u have nothing 2 worry abt.Hope this helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jemigold: 6:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
@ jamb04, try rubbing his tummy(like writing an inverted U), push his legs, let his knee touch is stomach, this can help him make bowel movement. Gripe water is sold in chemist shop, its in syrup form,its for constipatn etc.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbie(f): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
hello mothers in the house i need your advice please,my 8months girl doesn't eat well,what can i do to boost her appetite for food? though she eats very little when she wants,but i feel shes not eating as she should.thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fearless07(f): 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hello mummies. I trust ur LO's are doing great. My 5 months old son has not started sitting well. I don't know if there is any other method I can use to make him sit without falling to the sides. I introduced pap at 4 months but he still doesn't like taking it but prefers breast milk. Feeding him is a challenge cos of his crying. My sis told me to sing to him when I feed him, it works for a few minutes then he starts crying. Also when is the right age to start feeding baby fruit smooties? Thank u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
fearless07: Hello mummies. I trust ur LO's are doing great. My 5 months old son has not started sitting well. I don't know if there is any other method I can use to make him sit without falling to the sides. I introduced pap at 4 months but he still doesn't like taking it but prefers breast milk. Feeding him is a challenge cos of his crying. My sis told me to sing to him when I feed him, it works for a few minutes then he starts crying. Also when is the right age to start feeding baby fruit smooties? Thank u.

The way I did mine was to arrange pillows by her side and keep her in the middle. Or I sit at her back on the floor, rugged floor or something sha, not bare floor. Sit behind her with my legs widely stretched out with her in the middle, that way u can be her shield on the sides or at the back.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 4:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
debbie: hello mothers in the house i need your advice please,my 8months girl doesn't eat well,what can i do to boost her appetite for food? though she eats very little when she wants,but i feel shes not eating as she should.thanks

This happened to me as well, I was adviced to give her multivitamins, so I now give her wellkid. But once in a while I give her asthymin drops, it helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
Icherishu:

Thank you I have been scared of cold that is why I didn't want to pull his stockings cos the last I did he caught cold. I will take to your advise by making the room warm for him. I think the children mat is also one of the causes for delay because it is kinda slippery. Though I am scared that if I leave him on the rug, he is going to start licking the rug which I feel it isn't that neat since some people step into the house with shoes. Thanks for the advise

I am seeing that trait in him. He just lies on his tummy and pushes backwards but immediately you sit beside him the next thing he does is trying to hold you to stand up. Thanks for the egg yoke advise, it is good to hear from different angle.

Well, my baby is almost 11 months now n I have been giving her eggyolk since 6 months. I was advised to since it is a good source of vitamins and minerals. Its only eggwhite I don't give her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hello mommas pls I need help. Wat can I use to cure 'alefo'?I dnt know wat its called in english. It has taken over M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ bois neck nd armpit
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by octofest: 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
@ demmykay, my 9 month old too had loads of alefo , we tried everything includin herbs, non worked...until
We stumbled on funbact-A, cleared within days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 12:05am On Nov 11, 2013
Tanks octofest I will try it on him nd I have it at home. Hav been using tribotan seems to be working but slow nd it kept spreading to oda parts.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rabila(f): 12:41am On Nov 11, 2013
U can Call Me for anything 4 your baby. Get all your baby need at RAYCARE mother, baby and beyond store. For all busy parents, we deliver straight to ur door step. Just tell us d brand and d type of baby things you need and we will deliver them 2 you at cheaper rate...Also, we sell both new and fairly used baby things with brand name, graco, fisherprice, safety 1st, mamas and papas etc such as Carseat
Strollers
Highchair
Walkers
Bicycle and tricycle
Musical toys
Play pen /cot/ bassinet/ baby net
Play mat and TV game playmat
...Just name them and we will get them.
Call 08056842834 or 08036057363 or mail rabilay2k@yahoo.com and u will never be disappointed. Thanx

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 11:50am On Nov 11, 2013
Hi mummies, pls my 19months old boi was voming and his poo whitish watery throughout last week, and his doc says he will be fine after checking on him, all that stops yesterday but am very worried because he his now looking lean and weak but his weight is still normal, and i noticed if he take any little food his tummy get big.. Pls is there anything i can do to make him recover fast......
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
Keep feeding him bananas,it helps.The kid ll naturally get better over days.The gas in his tummy ll pass naturally.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tobiegal(f): 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
yhello Nursing Moms... Avent been here cos well, am still expecting my baby... but i have a boy.

I read about the circumstion thingie... and it gave me goose pimples as i remember the quatum of screams n cries from my 7day old baby boy when i took him for the procedure.

Somehow, i knew i couldnt stand it... i didnt go in with him, unfortunately.... but, his tears n screams still echos in my head once in awhile...

It just did when i read about the Ring thing... he had the same procedure... Damn... his cries filled the entire space... even had to step outside cos i couldnt stand hearing him cry that loud....hard...

He's a big boy now sha... and is excited to have a sibling...

Hopefully, i join this trend proper soon.

cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zenoj: 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
jam04:

If she tried it n nothing came afterwards,then there's nothing there for d baby to pass out especially if d baby is on breastmilk only.it happens to my baby too,I used to try that cotton bud thing but I later found out it probably worked at d time d poop was ready to come out.So don't worry,he'll pass it out when he's ready.For as long as he's paaing out urine properly n gas,u've nothing to worry about.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by foli: 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
Hello house, If you are interested, a friend has some baby things to give out at a give-away price: Vitafoam baby cot, Vitafoam baby mattress, 4 vita rolls, 2 baby pillows, teddy bears, Bravo baby car seat, drawer set, baby chair and baby rug.

You can call up this number: 08076188807.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.