Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390374 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
iamteekaygal: Morning sweet mothers, wishing y'all a blessed week ahead. Concerning the chicken pox vaccine, my hubby was at R JOLAD over the weekend to enquire about it. It seems it's the same vaccine available in our hospital they have too. The current chicken pox vaccine is mixed with MMR, but the issue we have is my son already took the MMR vaccine 3months ago. The nurse in charge in R JOLAD said if it's been up to 6weeks he took the MMR shot, then he can take it again

Hence, we are going for the mixed shot. Just tot I should get back to the house. Cheers!

My sis. dont u think u should hold on a lil bit. ur baby had measles shot at 9 months. u already gave another at 12 months and u want to collect anothr now. pls be very careful. i understand d vaccine shot isnt available in d country or whateva. i m also tryin to get for my daughter. pls talk to a very good doc first be for u proceed.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamteekaygal(f): 2:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
omogemi: .

My sis. dont u think u should hold on a lil bit. ur baby had measles shot at 9 months. u already gave another at 12 months and u want to collect anothr now. pls be very careful. i understand d vaccine shot isnt available in d country or whateva. i m also tryin to get for my daughter. pls talk to a very good doc first be for u proceed.

He only got the measles shot once not 2wice and that was when he was 1 year 3 months old. I already consulted a doctor too. And I had to get the shot for him cos i'll be out of the country soon. And av been told it's not available where i'm heading to.

I was also informed that mothers should watch out for the expiry date on the chicken pox vaccine if you found one. Becos the guy that delivered it to my hospital said the last one that was produced it's likely to be expired by now. Cheers!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dserious: 9:39am On Nov 27, 2013
Great, great thread...kudos to all d mums

@goking please I also need the e-books, kindly send to vivianchux@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Timaks: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
@goking, am a new mom and i believ a book like dat wil do alot 4me. Pls send 2me too. My email is divinecynthia80@gmail.com. God bless u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by picki(f): 8:14am On Nov 28, 2013
Hello beautiful mothers in the house, am trying so hard to exclusively breast feed my 4months baby since i work. Pumping manually with Avent has not been easy. So pls does anyone know the cost of Ameda or Medela electric breast pump and where i can get them. I read reviews on Google that they are very good. Kindly advise whether to buy single or double pump as am also trying to cut cost.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 10:40am On Nov 28, 2013
Hi friends,

Well...I would like to get a high chair for my baby.

Abeg who knows where i can buy in lagos? A friend suggested Lagos Market, who knows how much?

Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
iamteekaygal:

He only got the measles shot once not 2wice and that was when he was 1 year 3 months old. I already consulted a doctor too. And I had to get the shot for him cos i'll be out of the country soon. And av been told it's not available where i'm heading to.

I was also informed that mothers should watch out for the expiry date on the chicken pox vaccine if you found one. Becos the guy that delivered it to my hospital said the last one that was produced it's likely to be expired by now. Cheers!

that ws what d pharmacy i bookd from told me. They also said they had to return them coz of d expiry date. But i hv gotten a measles booster shot for my daughter. I dont knw if i have to collect d one with MMR.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TopeMel(f): 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
Dear Mothers,

My baby(6months plus) tilts his head to the left(ear almost touching his shoulder) sometimes whenever he is sitting down all by himself.
Does anyone know what this is?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
TopeMel: Dear Mothers,

My baby(6months plus) tilts his head to the left(ear almost touching his shoulder) sometimes whenever he is sitting down all by himself.
Does anyone know what this is?

Have you seen a doctor about it? Especially if his neck is stiff or if he cries. Otherwise, he will outgrow it soon. Just try this simple massage - when he is sleepy/ sleeping, turn his head to the right & rub his neck/shoulders slowly
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by clily: 5:53am On Nov 29, 2013
Gud morning mothers, pls come 2 my aid.am having a swollen eye 4 d past 2 weeks nw and jst yesterday my daughter of 4 months developed d symptoms only 4 me 2 see her eye dis morning all swollen up. i feel very terrible, i don't want her 2 go thru all dat..pls advice me, has any1 hv similar experience... need ur urgent response.tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 8:52am On Nov 29, 2013
clily: Gud morning mothers, pls come 2 my aid.am having a swollen eye 4 d past 2 weeks nw and jst yesterday my daughter of 4 months developed d symptoms only 4 me 2 see her eye dis morning all swollen up. i feel very terrible, i don't want her 2 go thru all dat..pls advice me, has any1 hv similar experience... need ur urgent response.tnx

If you developed a swollen eye without a blow or an accident and your child is already having the symptoms, its possible you came in contact with someone who has apollo. Go and see your Dr or pharmacist, let them look at it. There are eye drops that clears it within days.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by clily: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2013
Blendy77:

If you developed a swollen eye without a blow or an accident and your child is already having the symptoms, its possible you came in contact with someone that has apollo. Go to see your Dr or pharmacist to look at it. There are eye drops that clears it within days.
Tnx dearie, buh I dnt think its apollo cos M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣ eyes are nt reddish, its still clear..Dear am more concerned abt my baby, what wil I do 2 her 2 clear her swolled eye, does expressing breast milk help like some1 suggested 2 me..tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
clily: Gud morning mothers, pls come 2 my aid.am having a swollen eye 4 d past 2 weeks nw and jst yesterday my daughter of 4 months developed d symptoms only 4 me 2 see her eye dis morning all swollen up. i feel very terrible, i don't want her 2 go thru all dat..pls advice me, has any1 hv similar experience... need ur urgent response.tnx

whateva is in dt eye may b an infection ch ur baby may hv caught. Go to ur pedo asap. I ll also suggest u go to an optician. Pls dnt self medicate for ur baby.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 02, 2013
goking: @Wendy80 I understand dat am new here buh dat does nt mean dat am a bad person,d book I talked about is it nt an inspirational book,beside did I impose it on anyone or am I d first person dat wanted to share sometin thru email here or other thread,plz learn when to advice and how to do it next time,after forwarding d books I will gently leave the thread for u

Please send to me caringcherie@yahoo.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
clily:
Tnx dearie, buh I dnt think its apollo cos M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣ eyes are nt reddish, its still clear..Dear am more concerned abt my baby, what wil I do 2 her 2 clear her swolled eye, does expressing breast milk help like some1 suggested 2 me..tnx

Dropping bosom milk into the eyes is safe but still see your optician.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 8:55am On Dec 03, 2013
Good morning mothers,pls my baby has boils on her head and arms,etc ve given her ampiclox twice and d boils comes and goes. Have also used Epiderm and Ytcan cream,dont know what to do,Or is she reacting to her lotion and oil?Also she has stopped pooing on her own and i use the cotton bud method to help her poo coz she grunts,pass out gas and cries for days;she's EBF am so confused pls help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbie(f): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2013
Sorry dear, i will advice you immediately see a Doctor! No matter the advice and suggestions we give here,the best thing is to go for examination.
okirewaju: Good morning mothers,pls my baby has boils on her head and arms,etc ve given her ampiclox twice and d boils comes and goes. Have also used Epiderm and Ytcan cream,dont know what to do,Or is she reacting to her lotion and oil?Also she has stopped pooing on her own and i use the cotton bud method to help her poo coz she grunts,pass out gas and cries for days;she's EBF am so confused pls help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
byvan:

Dropping bosom milk into the eyes is safe but still see your optician.
nothing safe there - old wives tales no medicinal advantage

She needs to take child to an optometrist or ophthalmologist asap
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 7:07am On Dec 04, 2013
debbie: Sorry dear, i will advice you immediately see a Doctor! No matter the advice and suggestions we give here,the best thing is to go for examination.
Thanks,ve been to a hospital twice and they gave me the same Ampilclox thats why i brought it up here if any Mother has experienced same-thing and what they did differently?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 10:10am On Dec 04, 2013
okirewaju: Thanks,ve been to a hospital twice and they gave me the same Ampilclox thats why i brought it up here if any Mother has experienced same-thing and what they did differently?

whateva was prescribed and how it ws prescribed pls take it for d duration. If after then u see no changes, then u can go back to d doc. They knw beta. Dont self medicate. Acc to Debbie no matter what we tell u here u cant take it. U still need to see a doc
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opeoluwa2(f): 10:20am On Dec 04, 2013
Goodday mum and daddy.
I'm a distributor for oiginal coconut oil.
Prices are #500 -#1000 for a bottle.
Contact-08161234682
Thank u

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 12:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
okirewaju: Good morning mothers,pls my baby has boils on her head and arms,etc ve given her ampiclox twice and d boils comes and goes. Have also used Epiderm and Ytcan cream,dont know what to do,Or is she reacting to her lotion and oil?Also she has stopped pooing on her own and i use the cotton bud method to help her poo coz she grunts,pass out gas and cries for days;she's EBF am so confused pls help

How old is ur baby? concerning the pooing thingy, how often does she drink water? if she is over 6 months, do you give her fruits?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by emjaygbols(f): 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hello All, If you are interested in buying original coconut oil and shea butter products, check out this website www.sheacocong.com. I am currently using their coconut oil and bath wash.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
corrall:

How old is ur baby? concerning the pooing thingy, how often does she drink water? if she is over 6 months, do you give her fruits?
She' 7 weeks today,she's on breast milk only and she refused to take water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
omogemi:

whateva was prescribed and how it ws prescribed pls take it for d duration. If after then u see no changes, then u can go back to d doc. They knw beta. Dont self medicate. Acc to Debbie no matter what we tell u here u cant take it. U still need to see a doc
K,now i get it. Thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Warfibabe(f): 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
salsera:
nothing safe there - old wives tales no medicinal advantage

She needs to take child to an optometrist or ophthalmologist asap
my dear nothing like old wives tale for dis one o. It worked well for me wen my little baby had a really swollen right eyes, and wen he also had apollo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
okirewaju: She' 7 weeks today,she's on breast milk only and she refused to take water

OK.

Well, my baby did the same thing at 7 weeks, but in my case i was not doing exclusive bosom feeding so i used to give her water. i did the anus thingy once and she pooped, after that it was at least once a day. but she could fart...ah.

Anyways, i dont know what to say if she is on exclusive milk.

If she is not, have you tried changing milk? maybe that is what is making her poo strong. You can also use spoon to give her the water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by foli: 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
Baby things @ giveaway prices: D following baby things: walker, net mattress and baby chair all for 8k, if u r interested, call 08076188807.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by getchineye: 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
i am on ebf. Jst give her gripe water every day. She wil poo. My son had similar issue, i gave him only gripe water. He poo each 7 days. Then later cut to each 5days he poo.He farts only. I was told dat he was using all d breastmilk for dev in d body. Gripe water works 4 me. it stops constipatn.
okirewaju: She' 7 weeks today,she's on breast milk only and she refused to take water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 6:15am On Dec 05, 2013
corrall:

OK.

Well, my baby did the same thing at 7 weeks, but in my case i was not doing exclusive bosom feeding so i used to give her water. i did the anus thingy once and she pooped, after that it was at least once a day. but she could fart...ah.

Anyways, i dont know what to say if she is on exclusive milk.

If she is not, have you tried changing milk? maybe that is what is making her poo strong. You can also use spoon to give her the water.
Thanks a lot,she's on exclusive milk and she farts alot also. She spits d water out even if u give her with spoon-I've tried it many times
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 6:40am On Dec 05, 2013
getchineye: i am on ebf. Jst give her gripe water every day. She wil poo. My son had similar issue, i gave him only gripe water. He poo each 7 days. Then later cut to each 5days he poo.He farts only. I was told dat he was using all d breastmilk for dev in d body. Gripe water works 4 me. it stops constipatn.
I give her Gripe water also but it just gives her momentary relief and she's back on it again. The highest I've stayed is 5 days and she will grunt and cry until she pass out gas,i had to do the cotton bud thing to help her. Yes,ve been told about the development thing too.I noticed that when she stopped taking water was when this started but she just refuse to take water.Thank You
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nikkygold4life(f): 8:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
[@=okirewaju] as for d boil, google natural ways to deal with it without having to use antibiotics which isn't good for children unless d case is critical. As for ur baby's poop pattern its absolutely normal for some EBfed babies to go for days even weeks before they pass stool at some point. We even discussed dis yesterday with d nurses when I went for my baby's immunization @ UCH. The reason is dt bosom milk is 70% water and may leave little or no waste product for babies to pass so ur baby is perfect. If u so desire her to pass stool, u can achieve dis naturally without having to buy any medicine, just increase ur fibre intake, foods like beans, pawpaw, pineapple, oranges, vegetable can be taken with moderation cos u don't want to irritate ur baby's intestine by causing her to purge if its too much.then as for the grunts, and cry, ur baby needs to be burped often after EACH feed. When babies are trying to latch on to feed, they swallow lots of air, its d air that forms bubbles in baby's tommy causing discomfort and grunting, also if u take drinks dt has gas, it fills ur baby's tommy resulting in discomfort. U don't need to give her drugs, I've tried this with my second son, it wrks. Burp ur baby after each feed, reduce gassy drinks and eat right, trust me, u won't have to visit d pharmacy for a loooong time. Goodluck

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.