Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Spouse Visa Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spouse Visa Advice (1600 Views)

Extremely Urgent Visa Advice!!!! / Urgent USA Visit Visa Advice - From UK / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spouse Visa Advice by Colbin: 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
Hello Nlander,
I have a case at hand, and really need truthful tips on how to handle it. I have an intention of applying for uk spouse visa this august 2012. I and my spouse have been in a distance relationship for 5years b4 getting married this april 2012, with substantial proof to show our communication for throughout this years. Her annual income is £14,510 which is lower than £18600 stated by the new uk immigration law set to take hold by july 9th. I am a veterinary surgeon, and i have good job prospect in the uk, and currently i am self employed right here in nigeria, doing locum consultancy and have a small farm which i run, but wasn't registered under any business name. My bank account have been showing lump sums which are also been expended and sometimes small amounts are paid there by my clients. All other requirements for the spouse visa have been met by me and my spouse. But our major concern now is abt the new immigration law of minimum income threshold of £18600, which my spouse doesn't meet up to(£14510) and my own employment and bank account status. Please i really need a truthful advice on what i can do. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Spouse Visa Advice by olaboy1: 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2012
you guys got married in april with intention to live together in august, and there is a new UK law coming to effect in july to stand as a stumbling block aight.

Apply for your spousal visa before the new law takes effect, and even if you don't get the visa for whatever reason, your appeal will be treated base on old rules.
Re: Spouse Visa Advice by Vicjustice: 7:13am On Jun 23, 2012
Colbin: Hello Nlander,
have a case at hand, and really need truthful tips on how to handle it. I have an intention of applying for uk spouse visa this august 2012. I and my spouse have been in a distance relationship for 5years b4 getting married this april 2012, with substantial proof to show our communication for throughout this years. Her annual income is £14,510 which is lower than £18600 stated by the new uk immigration law set to take hold by july 9th.
How about hurrying up your application to make the submission before the new immigration law takes effect since your application would be considered under this current regulation even if it may take lengthy period before decision?
I would suggest that you act fast to submit your application, and in the event that you get refused, you can appeal it and your appeal will also be treated under this current regulation even in the era of the new law.

Colbin: I am a veterinary surgeon, and i have good job prospect in the uk, and currently i am self employed right here in nigeria, doing locum consultancy and have a small farm which i run, but wasn't registered under any business name.
If you have a No-Name or unregistered business, be aware that you can't mention such for visa application, it will be deemed illegal (if not criminal) in European point of view. You have the options of either registering your business (no matter how small it is) so that you may have supporting documents for your visa application or you declare that you are unemployed and that would put your struggling wife in the sponsorship position.

Colbin: My bank account have been showing lump sums which are also been expended and sometimes small amounts are paid there by my clients.
Trust me, since you have a No-Name or registered business which is generating these monies, it would be seen as corruption and you may be considered a corrupt Nigerian criminal from European perspectives

Colbin: All other requirements for the spouse visa have been met by me and my spouse. But our major concern now is abt the new immigration law of minimum income threshold of £18600, which my spouse doesn't meet up to(£14510) and my own employment and bank account status. Please i really need a truthful advice on what i can do. Thanks in anticipation
Regarding the new immigration law proposal, i think it would be wise to make haste with your application before the law takes effect so that your application will be bounded by the current regulation even if it gets into a lenthy period of decisions and appeals, and reviews.
As for your own employment and bank account status, you have the options to take one of the two things that i suggested:
Either you register your business (no matter how small it is) so that you may have supporting documents for your visa application or, you declare that you are unemployed; and that would put your struggling wife in the sponsor position. Which are you going to take?

(1) (Reply)

Study In Belgium- Whats Ur Experience? / Ireland(dublin) Study Visa Application Process. / Things I Should Know Before Moving To Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.